Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
1)It wasn't about the article being on Fox, although I can see how it looks that way. Linking to borrowed/republished content is a pet peeve of mine.

2) Drones and other techniques of 'modern warfare' don't bother me in the least, and I'm not squeamish about making al Qaeda fighters go boom. I'm a little concerned about an over-reliance on air power, however.

3) No offense, but if you think the slippery slope is 'nonsense', maybe it's you who should stay away from the subject.
1) It "looks" that way because you tripped over your own feet in your excitement to point it out and your pet peeves aren't my problem.

2) Good for you. Take a look at the defense cuts Obama and his merry men are implementing, then take a look at the boys toys and $$$$'s we're handing to Cairo who is now doing a slow dance with Tehran and show me a reasonable alternative.

3) Getting out of bed in the morning and beginning one's day can be slippery slope, Willie. Try not to analyze everything to death and just ----------> SKI.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on. No doubt in my mind 4 years from now anything bad that is going on in the nation will still be Pres. Bush's fault. I do know I'm in a small number here but see no way this nation doesn't just fail under our debt and outright foolishness. I checked some home values in this area yesterday, still going down. One condo behind me was listed in 2010 for $210,000. Its been on /off the market 3 times since. Today its for sale for $79,000. And of course just like mine that worth far less the prop taxes go down and down. But lets talk about the boy scouts.
One thing is for sure CC, we've saddled the next generations with huge taxes. I see our own going up dramatically. I'm guessing right after 'O' leaves office..........The next guy will come in and have to clean up 'O's mess.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if "dog-in-the-manger" selfishness is what has resulted in 50 million abortions; but I do think giving up a baby, especially imagining how that child would feel knowing he or she "wasn't good enough to keep," would be very hard, and would induce a lot of guilt. That's what I hear from women who've done it.

I'm sorry my thoughts on this made you sick.
I haven't even had my breakfast yet, but after seeing this on my phone just now I went straight to my 'puter to reply.

Kat, it is NOT, repeat NOT YOUR THOUGHTS on the subject which made me sick. I think you're probably right about the motivation behind many (not all, for sure) abortions. What sickens me, big time, is the sheer selfishness which would lead to abortions like this.

"I can't handle the thought of my baby's possibly resenting me some day if I give it up for adoption, so I'll abort it instead."
Really? THAT'S your reason for getting an abortion? Because you can't handle the idea that the child would have mixed, possibly even negative feelings toward you someday, so you'll kill it instead?!? You're such a spineless, self-centered wimp that the uncomfortable idea that the baby would be raised by others, might have questions about the male who sired him and the woman who bore him, you're willing to deprive the baby of its LIFE??

THAT, Kat, is what sickens me. I certainly stand by that, but once again it is NOT your thinking on the subject which does that. What I am sickened by is the idea that so many women out there are so selfish that rather than confront their own pain if they allow the child to be adopted, they'll kill it instead. And what I find just as sickening is the terrible suspicion that your guess, the reason behind so many abortions, is probably right.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, well thay won't be chanting that at the supermarket if this littlepackage goes through. Stay tuned.
"If the Food and Drug Administration gets its way, your trip to the grocery store could get a tad pricier.
Supermarket owners argue a pending federal food-labeling rule that stems from the new health care law would overburden thousands of grocers and convenience store owners to the tune of $1 billion in the first year alone.[...]
The rule stems from an ObamaCare mandate that restaurants provide nutrition information on menus. Most in the restaurant industry were supportive of the idea, but when the FDA decided to extend the provision to also affect thousands of supermarkets and convenience stores, the backlash was swift.
The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments."
====
I think one of Obama's tactics is to put as many balls in the air as he possibly can to confuse his audience. The guy is like an out of control TV remote flipping from gun control to immigration to healthcare, to taxes, to warfare......
He's always in crisis mode. Everything is a front burner issue and while people are discussing one issue, he's quietly passing another one. He's manic.
Thats interesting..........I guess they must finally be getting around to reading what was in the Affordable Care act bill.

By the way isnt that the most misleading name for a bill ever..........Insurance prices haven't stopped rising since it was implemented while coverages goes down. It would be funny if it wasnt so sad..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

<quoted text>Our views differ greatly on this, and, as I said previously, I'm sorry if mine make you ill - but in my opinion,'dog-in-the-manger' selfishness, as regards one's living child, kept because the mother "...just couldn't..." give him/her away, leads to most child abuse, neglect, exploitation, molestation, and apathy toward that child, as it becomes less and less of an infant. Some people don't even wait that long, to take out their resentment on their children. Poor choices often affect more than just the person making them.

My question, as a result of the above view, is, Why oh WHY would anyone want to remove the option to not bear children, if the woman doesn't anticipate her delivery with unbounded joy, when it's the children who suffer for it?
If the woman doesn't want to raise the child, or finds she can't handle it, then she should allow it to be adopted. The child shouldn't have to pay with its life for being an inconvenience--and may I point out that even AFTER the child is no longer a babe-in-arms, has begun to eat solid food, etc.--there are still millions of men and women out there who would love to adopt and raise it.

By the way, I see someone tagged this post and your earlier one with negative icons. Just for the record, it wasn't me.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

<quoted text>I guess you must have missed the part where I opined that the slurs against her children were un-called for....
Why am I not surprised?
The thing is, she got MILEAGE out of her children's afflictions and foibles, and I doubt I'm not alone in thinking she did that calculatedly. Which is one of my biggest problems with the woman....I never had a problem with her kids.
Funny how you say the slurs against her children were uncalled for and then go right on and say she used her own children for her gain. Once again justifying the hate.

You have no way of knowing what her intentions were, and I'll argue all the way to Sunday it was the media getting mileage out of it..........
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't even had my breakfast yet, but after seeing this on my phone just now I went straight to my 'puter to reply.
Kat, it is NOT, repeat NOT YOUR THOUGHTS on the subject which made me sick. I think you're probably right about the motivation behind many (not all, for sure) abortions. What sickens me, big time, is the sheer selfishness which would lead to abortions like this.
"I can't handle the thought of my baby's possibly resenting me some day if I give it up for adoption, so I'll abort it instead."
Really? THAT'S your reason for getting an abortion? Because you can't handle the idea that the child would have mixed, possibly even negative feelings toward you someday, so you'll kill it instead?!? You're such a spineless, self-centered wimp that the uncomfortable idea that the baby would be raised by others, might have questions about the male who sired him and the woman who bore him, you're willing to deprive the baby of its LIFE??
THAT, Kat, is what sickens me. I certainly stand by that, but once again it is NOT your thinking on the subject which does that. What I am sickened by is the idea that so many women out there are so selfish that rather than confront their own pain if they allow the child to be adopted, they'll kill it instead. And what I find just as sickening is the terrible suspicion that your guess, the reason behind so many abortions, is probably right.
Most women who abort early term do not think of it in terms of "killing their baby". They are thinking in terms of halting a pregnancy.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you mean by that, and for once, Hip, I wholeheartedly agree with you :) I don't expect everyone I meet have Ph.ds after their names, but I do expect them to know, at least, that life before football DID exist, beer and potato chips are NOT a basic food group, there are adjectives which contain more than four letters and Canada is NOT one of the 50 states! I just don't want to associate with anyone who doesn't have at least that much between their ears.That's about as minimal as it gets, don't you think?
After that, certain cultural niceties, such as knowing not to scratch your genitals in public, there IS more to life than the latest hairdos and shades of fingernail polish, that some people don't care what the Kardashians are doing, or find wondering who "is my baby daddy" on TV to be sickening, to say the least.
Finally, if you really want to step up, some awareness of great literature, music and drama, some knowledge of history and geography are helpful. And anyone who thinks that all a POTUS has to do for anything to happen is say "My will be done" is automatically disqualified.
I know exactly what you mean, Hip. I like discussing issues with people who not only know that the United States of America has a vice-president, but what the name of the current one happens to be, who not only know who wrote "THE INFERNO" but just as important, actually CARE that they know.
Well, I'm not so sure I should have read this post..........I did learn a few things though, but, I found out I have to change my diet, alot of my habits and what i watch on TV..........

I guess they say change is good, and there's no time like the present..........Hmmmm

Anyone here no who the VP is?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
Lyndi, you left off one of the most important (imo) paragraphs in the article:
"More importantly, this news exposes partisans who have surrendered intellectual consistency for party cheerleading. Some Republicans who would have been happy with President Bush doing this are now upset. Some Democrats who denounced Bush are now cheering on Barack Obama."
Who woulda thunk?????????

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't deserve this one man tornado and neither did you. The people who deserve it are those who voted for him and those paying attention are already feeling uneasy. Remember this beauty?
"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."
=====
People's measley little paychecks are already shrinking and they're now saying "Hey........wait a minute. that's not what he told us!"
lol-
"SURPRISE!"
I just can't keep forgiving stupid. Any pinch or outright pain they feel from this guy is deserved.
Most of Obama's supporters have already forgiven him for the tax increase or at the very least dont think about it. There to busy trying not to forget the 'Read my lips' comment..........
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of Obama's supporters have already forgiven him for the tax increase or at the very least dont think about it. There to busy trying not to forget the 'Read my lips' comment..........
The tax increases these people are in for, haven't even hit their stride. Not even close.
Wait.

And you know what he's saying now to all the naysayers? "Hey, the American people voted for me and my plan. It's not my fault they didn't know what the hell I was selling."

Ha! He's right about that one.
lol-

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
One thing is for sure CC, we've saddled the next generations with huge taxes. I see our own going up dramatically. I'm guessing right after 'O' leaves office..........The next guy will come in and have to clean up 'O's mess.
May not be a guy.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The tax increases these people are in for, haven't even hit their stride. Not even close.
Wait.
And you know what he's saying now to all the naysayers? "Hey, the American people voted for me and my plan. It's not my fault they didn't know what the hell I was selling."
Ha! He's right about that one.
lol-
Oh I know!!! The tax increases are coming, they have to be, were almost at 17 trillion now.

I'm thinking 'O' is going to pass it off on the next POTUS to clean up the debt. Obama's goal is to spend spend spend..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
May not be a guy.
Hilary?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hilary?
That's what I'm thinking.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I'm thinking.
I agree with you that the 'R's have to change their image, and alot will depend on that and also the state of our economy in 4 years, but I dont see any stars emerging out of the 'D' party. I sure cant see Biden having much of a chance.

At this point if Hillary would decide to run, I think she has the best chance for the Dems..........

But, its a long way off..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear was only one ingredient in that perfect political storm which permitted Hitler to do what he did. There were boatloads of perfectly aligned contributing factors; the economy, the mood of the nation, the need to find someone to blame etc. all of which led to Hitler's rise to power but none of it could have propelled the carnage without Hitler himself. He prompted the excercise of political psychological profiling in living political figures prepared by the OSS now the CIA and they did a good job evaluating what was going on under Hitler's hood. Without the messianic view of himself, his brilliant speaking ability to rouse and his complicated and multiple psychological combinations, what occured in Europe and to what magnitude can probably never be replicated.

Here's an excerpt from those papers witten in 1943 you might find interesting.

"Hitler might commit suicide.
This is the most plausible outcome. Not only has he frequently threatened to commit suicide, but from what we know of his psychology it is the most likely possibility. It is probably true that he has an inordinate fear of death, but being an hysteric he could undoubtedly screw himself up into the super-man character and perform the deed. In all porbability, however, it would not be a simple suicide. He has too much of the dramatic for that and since immortailty is one of his dominant motives we can imagine that he would stage the most dramatic and effective death scene he could possibly think of. He knows how to bind the people to him and if he cannot have the bond in life he will certainly do his utmost to achieve it in death. He might even engage some other fanatic to do the final killing at his orders.

Hitler has already envisaged a death of this kind, for he has said to Rauschning:
"Yes, in the hour of supreme peril I must sacrifice myself for the people."

Whatever else happens, we may be reasonably sure that as Germany suffers successive defeats Hitler will become more and more neurotic. Each defeat will shake his confidence still further and limit his opportunities for proving his own greatness to himself.
In consequence he will feel himself more and more vulnerable to attack from his associates and his rages will increase in frequency. He will probably try to compensate for his vulnerability on this side by continually stressing his brutality and ruthlessness.

His public appearances will become less and less for, as we have seen, he is unable to face a critical audience. He will probably seek solace in his Eagle's Nest on the Kehlstein near Berchtsegaden. There among the ice-capped peaks he will wait for his "inner voice" to guide him. Meanwhile, his nightmares will probably increase in frequency and intensity and drive him closer to a nervous collapse. It is not wholly improbably that in the end he might lock himself into this symbolic womb and defy the world to get him.

In any case, his mental condition will continue to deteriorate. He will fight as long as he can with any weapon or technique that can be conjured up to meet the emergency. The course he will follow will almost certainly be the one which seems to him to be the surest road to immortality and at the same time drag the world down in flames."
====
This just about curled my relentlessly-straight hair. It must have been hard for this writer and the person he wrote to watch Germany collapsing, without being able to avert it.

I always appreciate historical background. Thanks, Lyndi.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hilary?
The democrats owe her. BIG. They threw her under the bus for the new guy the last go round because they're such a loyal bunch.

Obama was their show pony.
Hillary is the workhorse.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>The democrats owe her. BIG. They threw her under the bus for the new guy the last go round because they're such a loyal bunch.
Obama was their show pony.
Hillary is the workhorse.
LOL.......You have a way with words Lyndi.. A gift.

I agree They threw her under the bus.......... I just dont know if she's gonna wanna run in 4 years..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Well, I'm not so sure I should have read this post..........I did learn a few things though, but, I found out I have to change my diet, alot of my habits and what i watch on TV..........
I guess they say change is good, and there's no time like the present..........Hmmmm
Anyone here no who the VP is?
Hmm, hmm...it's right on the tip of my tongue. Starts with a B, I think.

;)

I don't know if you were serious about having to change your habits, Larry, but I do want to clarify a couple things, so there's no misunderstanding. First of all, if you HAVE been told you have to do all that for medical reasons, I'm sorry to hear that, not least because my husband and I have just learned he must have a heart catheterization done this coming Tuesday and based on its results he may have to have a stent put in the very next day. You can see how your post above reminded me of that. Second, it's never easy to change one's lifestyle. We humans just hate to leave our oh-so-cozy comfort zones!

Last, I do hope you realize that I know there's nothing wrong with being interested in football and the latest shades of fingernail polish in and of themselves. What drives me nuts is the attitude that so many people have that the world revolves around these kinds of things, and would end if they took an interest in anything more substantial. I've been aware of that attitude since I was a kid and unable to verbalize it, but it sure is out there and if anything is even more prevalent today. If the kind of people I'm talking about were suddenly to grow up and get brains, all the Jerry Springer-type shows would vanish overnight and the welfare rolls would be cut in half.

And come to think of it, Obama would never have become president.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,341 - 152,360 of168,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

641 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min wilderide 679,291
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Zioni 109,370
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min LTM 511,666
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min KiMare 89,381
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aura Mytha 216,329
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min Al Capone 3,303
Gay Snapchat Names 48 min Gaydish523 1,295
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr TheFrozenJogurt 103
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 5 hr JACK 216