Bush is a hero

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#159264 Feb 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>The democrats owe her. BIG. They threw her under the bus for the new guy the last go round because they're such a loyal bunch.
Obama was their show pony.
Hillary is the workhorse.
LOL.......You have a way with words Lyndi.. A gift.

I agree They threw her under the bus.......... I just dont know if she's gonna wanna run in 4 years..........

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#159266 Feb 7, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not so sure I should have read this post..........I did learn a few things though, but, I found out I have to change my diet, alot of my habits and what i watch on TV..........
I guess they say change is good, and there's no time like the present..........Hmmmm
Anyone here no who the VP is?
Hmm, hmm...it's right on the tip of my tongue. Starts with a B, I think.

;)

I don't know if you were serious about having to change your habits, Larry, but I do want to clarify a couple things, so there's no misunderstanding. First of all, if you HAVE been told you have to do all that for medical reasons, I'm sorry to hear that, not least because my husband and I have just learned he must have a heart catheterization done this coming Tuesday and based on its results he may have to have a stent put in the very next day. You can see how your post above reminded me of that. Second, it's never easy to change one's lifestyle. We humans just hate to leave our oh-so-cozy comfort zones!

Last, I do hope you realize that I know there's nothing wrong with being interested in football and the latest shades of fingernail polish in and of themselves. What drives me nuts is the attitude that so many people have that the world revolves around these kinds of things, and would end if they took an interest in anything more substantial. I've been aware of that attitude since I was a kid and unable to verbalize it, but it sure is out there and if anything is even more prevalent today. If the kind of people I'm talking about were suddenly to grow up and get brains, all the Jerry Springer-type shows would vanish overnight and the welfare rolls would be cut in half.

And come to think of it, Obama would never have become president.

Location hidden

#159267 Feb 7, 2013
Hmm...another thought. What do you all think of the name "mental cotton candy-eaters" for all those slackers?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#159268 Feb 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>The democrats owe her. BIG. They threw her under the bus for the new guy the last go round because they're such a loyal bunch.
Obama was their show pony.
Hillary is the workhorse.
Great.

It's gratifying to find more and more Hillary fans.

She'll appreciate your vote.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159269 Feb 7, 2013
Oh yea, its sunshine and lollipops out in Ca.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159270 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh I know!!! The tax increases are coming, they have to be, were almost at 17 trillion now.
I'm thinking 'O' is going to pass it off on the next POTUS to clean up the debt. Obama's goal is to spend spend spend..........
The mounting debt combined with his revolting free-for-all spending habits which are being hammered into stone to ensure they continue after he makes his exit, will be next to impossible to reverse. How do you undo Obamacare in 2016? By then, too many things will have changed and that monster-sized healthcare program he created will be just revving it's engines. It will take a generation to undo this governmental knot he's tied us up in.

Big, gigantic, in your face government which is what gets Obama out of bed in the morning and grinning like a loon will have taken on a life of it's own....... which is precisely what is (((wrong))) with big government.
===

How did he get this job again?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159271 Feb 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great.
It's gratifying to find more and more Hillary fans.
She'll appreciate your vote.
People who have already decided who they'll vote for in 4 years without taking into account the state of the nation and the state of the planet are idiots.

You never disappoint.
======
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159272 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
One thing is for sure CC, we've saddled the next generations with huge taxes. I see our own going up dramatically. I'm guessing right after 'O' leaves office..........The next guy will come in and have to clean up 'O's mess.
Yes and its going to at least start long before 2016. We have not seen anything yet and few if any are talking about real cuts. Just talked to a friend yesterday that lives in Ohio and he told me he voted with reservation for Obama. The GM/ Crysler deal is what closed it for that state. My thinking is with the truth now out,(Romney was right on the Jeep plant in China) and all G.M's help and they still aren't doing good how many have regrets?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#159273 Feb 7, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
Hmm...another thought. What do you all think of the name "mental cotton candy-eaters" for all those slackers?
mental cotton candy eaters are not limited to one side, Roberta.

You got mental cotton candy eaters who voted for Obama, and you got mental cotton candy eaters (and peddlers) running around looking for someone other than themselves, their candidate, and their party to blame for the fact they lost an election.

For most of the ones flailing around for a term, I'd suggest you put it to music as a variation of:

Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
the same cigarrettes as me.
I can't get no, oh no no no.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

That would be a whole lot more creative than simply copying 2004 rants about neo-cons and evangelicals, don't you think?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159274 Feb 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Oh yea, its sunshine and lollipops out in Ca.
I googled unemploment in California and this was the first thing that popped up.

"Unemployment California
How to File for Unemployment California Benefit
Unemployment California
If you are one of the 1 in 10 Californians who are presently unemployed, then you should take advantage of the unemployment California benefits.

It is important that you clearly understand the process of filing for unemployment in California – this way; you will be able to start collecting the benefits ASAP!

If you have a job and you are wondering why other unemployed Californians file for unemployment benefits. Well, you need to know that the government provides unemployment benefits to eligible unemployed workers while they are in search for a new job. The unemployment benefit is not exactly a fortune; it can be used by the beneficiaries in order to buy food, clothing and pay for their housing until they find work."

OMG you can't make this stuff up.

Hi, I'm Julia the liberal representative and the welcome girl from happy California.
We have friendly people, great weather and nice beaches.

And NO JOBS."

lol!

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#159275 Feb 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
People who have already decided who they'll vote for in 4 years without taking into account the state of the nation and the state of the planet are idiots.
You never disappoint.
======
You demosnstrate poor reading comprehension, Lyndi.

Nowhere did I say I have already decided who I'll vote for in 4 years.

All I said is that it's gratifying to see more Hillary fans (especially from right-wingers), and that SHE will appreciate YOUR vote.

Of course I haven't decided yet, and we don't even know who will be in the running. But know one thing: No matter the state of the nation in 4 years, there are certain people I will not support, no matter what. One of them is your little puppy Marco Rubio.

I do have some standards.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#159276 Feb 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I said is that it's gratifying to see more Hillary fans (especially from right-wingers), and that SHE will appreciate YOUR vote.
Of course I haven't decided yet, and we don't even know who will be in the running. But know one thing: No matter the state of the nation in 4 years, there are certain people I will not support, no matter what. One of them is your little puppy Marco Rubio.
Yes, I've seen your standards and the bar is kind of low, Catcher. Sarah Palin makes you drool and you prefer the crisp political minds of Cindy Sheehan and Sandra Fluck.

And I would say unto you, Catcher.

"RAISE THE BAR BEFORE YOU TRIP OVER IT!"

lol-

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#159277 Feb 7, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've seen your standards and the bar is kind of low, Catcher. Sarah Palin makes you drool and you prefer the crisp political minds of Cindy Sheehan and Sandra Fluck.
And I would say unto you, Catcher.
"RAISE THE BAR BEFORE YOU TRIP OVER IT!"
lol-
Sarah's good for a quick look, despite her deficiency in the brain area. I have never mentioned the other two ladies; you should've picked Rachel Maddow instead. Her crisp political mind I do admire.

OK, back in a while, going out for an outdoor lunch. California sunshine and all that, you know.

Location hidden

#159278 Feb 7, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>mental cotton candy eaters are not limited to one side, Roberta.

You got mental cotton candy eaters who voted for Obama, and you got mental cotton candy eaters (and peddlers) running around looking for someone other than themselves, their candidate, and their party to blame for the fact they lost an election.

For most of the ones flailing around for a term, I'd suggest you put it to music as a variation of:

Well he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
the same cigarrettes as me.
I can't get no, oh no no no.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.

That would be a whole lot more creative than simply copying 2004 rants about neo-cons and evangelicals, don't you think?
Not nearly as creative as your perception of my post, Willie.

Did you actually READ it? Or maybe your eyeglass prescription has changed? My post was NOT political in nature or intent. I was NOT talking about Republicans or Democrats, conservatives vs. liberals, or any other political position.

Or maybe you need to take your glasses OFF--the glasses that make you see everything as political. Do you look at your fingers and see liberals on the left hand and conservatives on the right? Well, I can tell you what to do with the MIDDLE fingers, anyhow.

Location hidden

#159279 Feb 7, 2013
Special to Lyndi: I think you said you'd be leaving for a few days. If you still plan to do that, be safe and come back soon :)

Location hidden

#159280 Feb 7, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nearly as creative as your perception of my post, Willie.
Did you actually READ it? Or maybe your eyeglass prescription has changed? My post was NOT political in nature or intent. I was NOT talking about Republicans or Democrats, conservatives vs. liberals, or any other political position.

Or maybe you need to take your glasses OFF--the glasses that make you see everything as political. Do you look at your fingers and see liberals on the left hand and conservatives on the right? Well, I can tell you what to do with the MIDDLE fingers, anyhow.
One other thing, now that I've calmed down a bit--although not so much that I'm inclined to apologize. Glancing over my post, I suppose it was my last line about Obama becoming POTUS, which prompted YOUR answer. I can see how you might have interpreted that, Willie, but you'd be making too much of ONE line. When I wrote it, I was thinking of the "low-information voters," and the overwhelming majority of the kind of people I despise fall into that category. But I acknowledge that ignorance knows no political boundaries.

There.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159281 Feb 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Puppy. So I still remember quite well when our gov (Crist) that lies almost as much as the dear leader thought he would wipe the floor with Rubio. Did all he could, even threw his party and many supporters under the bus, had every Fl. media and national run nonstop smears that continue today and still lost. I'll take the puppy over the fleas that occupy Washington these days. The gov. race here will be something. Just about every Sunday now all Florida papers are working hard to smear our new gov. The lastest is he is spending his own money. Gasp. Why do that when you can fleece the taxpayers?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159282 Feb 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah's good for a quick look, despite her deficiency in the brain area. I have never mentioned the other two ladies; you should've picked Rachel Maddow instead. Her crisp political mind I do admire.
OK, back in a while, going out for an outdoor lunch. California sunshine and all that, you know.
Look out for the road blocks as your state deals with a mad man.

SoCal On Edge Over LAPD "Vendetta" Manhunt

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Forme...

Location hidden

#159283 Feb 7, 2013
One more clarification :) The kind of people I despise would mostly not bother to vote, let alone try to inform themselves on what the issues are or where the candidates stand on them. They just wouldn't care, as long as "THE MIDNIGHT GLOBE" is available. If they have to choose between watching a political debate between candidates, listening to a Beethoven symphony or another channel, or a Jerry Springer-type talk show, they'd pick the talk show.

Location hidden

#159284 Feb 7, 2013
And they haven't a clue that Shakespeare wrote anything other than "ROMEO AND JULIET" and maybe "HAMLET."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Richard The Lion... 79,718
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Acts4-12-BY ONLY ... 701,481
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,389
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 2 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 2 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 2 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 2 hr BILLION HEIR 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752