Bush is a hero
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159046 Feb 4, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, Catcher, but you did NOT post it as a piece of satire you wanted to share. If you had, you would have said so in the same post. That means you either 1) did not know the whole story was invented 2) decided to perpetuate the smear 3) possibly both. I won't venture to guess which one it was, although I have my suspicions.
You should read some of the comments on the site this happened. At first many were sure this happened. Now that everyone knows its fake still much hate. But then Coulter like many on the right see it often. Only in the Usa today can an evil man like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speak freely and the same "tolerant" people will run Coulter off stage after throwing things.
UidiotRaceMakeWo rldPeACE

United States

#159047 Feb 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Btw Catcher, you just gave a wonderful example of why many people in flyover county don't pay much mind to the news anymore. Too many examples to list of how news is in such a hurry they don't do much fact checking. You said you went to one of the best schools this nation has to offer. So did our Pres. While I do see value in college this truck driver is thinking I may not have missed much after all!
And, you have sensitives issues of national importances related to foreign affairs are checked for facts and denied being reported to masses of zombies so easily taking to cleaners. Those entertainment , and radio Shock jocks and Sports ...keep you stupid and dumb. BwhahHAAAAA

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#159048 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another one, also a parody but equally believable.
It's a story about a Mexican restaurant that refused to serve Rush Limbaugh.
Would you consider a story about a South Carolina coffee shop refusing to serve Barack Obama, Louis Farrakhan or Jesse Jackson to be a bit of believable parody?

United States

#159049 Feb 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read some of the comments on the site this happened. At first many were sure this happened. Now that everyone knows its fake still much hate. But then Coulter like many on the right see it often. Only in the Usa today can an evil man like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speak freely and the same "tolerant" people will run Coulter off stage after throwing things.
Iran never invaded US but our US invaded Middle East, latin America, Africa, S.America, Asia... So?

John Stockwell, former CIA official (From his books, Speeches...
k
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms.

"Enemies are necessary for the wheels of the US military machine to turn

"We [the U.S.] have over 200 incidents in which we have put our troops into other countries to force them to our will.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159050 Feb 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening everyone.
Hey Lawest. Good evening, hope all is well.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159051 Feb 4, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That was just very telling about you, Willie. Remember the old saying that assuming makes an ass out of you and out of me? You've just assumed something about which you have no proof. I know you think people make statements about liberals and they do. But you are just as guilty. You often make statements about conservatives, broad brush statements, and it sucks just as much.
I'm not a fan of Coulter but I've heard her enough to know this was crap. I like you Pern Roberta and Laura Ingraham much better!
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#159052 Feb 4, 2013
Lest anyone call me on it my wife is tops!!!

United States

#159053 Feb 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care for most of Rush radical right Shock-jock propagandas views as dividing Americans and world into groups.
These warring freaks of nature the paid up shock jocks like DRUGGIE RUSH Limb AUGHT, Ant CULTulter, Glenn BUCKet, SIN Hannity the BArbarian, Michael aSAVAGE NATION, and the dozens of other act to debase discourse, incite prejudice, sow many ignorance, exculpate criminality, incite rancor, ruin other reputations, and stoke the right-wing base-to wars at home and worlwide . If We, all with a brain have revile them aas obnoxious demagogues, as msot of populace are blind to what they are doing

United States

#159054 Feb 4, 2013
BWHAHAHHAHHAAaa

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#159055 Feb 4, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you consider a story about a South Carolina coffee shop refusing to serve Barack Obama, Louis Farrakhan or Jesse Jackson to be a bit of believable parody?
In 1963, oh yeah.

Did you know that, when Obama's parents were married in 1961, their marriage would have been illegal in Virginia?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#159057 Feb 4, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That was just very telling about you, Willie. Remember the old saying that assuming makes an ass out of you and out of me? You've just assumed something about which you have no proof. I know you think people make statements about liberals and they do. But you are just as guilty. You often make statements about conservatives, broad brush statements, and it sucks just as much.
I really don't care that you don't like my comments about Coulter.

However, I think you are mistaken about me making broad brush statements about conservatives.

A comment about Coulter is not a broad brush comment about conservatives.

In order to make broad brush comments about conservatives, I'd have to talk about conservatives as a group.

I don't do that very often at all, and when I do it's usually in the context of party politics.

I have made some comments about one block in the Republican party that have been misunderstood by some, deliberately misconstrued by others, because they either don't want to believe that block exists or they really, really, really don't want to talk about them.

So ... I think you're mistaken here, lisw. I don't make broad brush comments about conservatives. People who don't know what they're talking about spend all their time about 'the left' or 'the right', about 'libs' and 'cons'.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#159058 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good satire, no?
Considering that it wasn't represented as such, I'd have to give it a big FAIL, friend. A link to the website it came from would have been a minimal notice, since it's obviously a satire site, like The Onion. As it was presented here, it comes across as misinformation; when shown to be untrue, it morphed into gratuitous smear. Not helpful to the general discourse at all. Leave the smear to Faux Noize, they they have much more experience.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#159059 Feb 4, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Only two choices, black or white,'ey? I don't agree with that premise. I believe mankind is a host of paradoxes, a spectrum fully represented from pure evil to inspirational goodness, with the vast majority ranged somewhere along the middlin' range - a little bit of devil, a spot of angel, but mostly just people. It can just as readily be shown that mankind will elevate with the right incentive. But let's go with your premise for the moment. Which one is there more evidence for? I suspect it depends on if your focus is the headlines or your neighbor. Surely you know 100 people. What percentage of them do you deem "inherently evil"?
How many people does it take to make Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, Mao, Idi Amin, Ceausescu, Papa Doc Duvalier, Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi, the LRA, the Khmer Rouge, the Taliban, Al Qaeda, CIA and waterboarding, Gitmo, etc.? That list was just the last century and incomplete because I did not include President Bush or Nixon or Lyndon Johnson, or J. Edgar Hoover and on and on and on. Unfortunately for human kind these are the folks who rise to the top.

I am daily on guard watching for bullying on my bus. These are basically good kids but if they sense weakness it's like they smell blood in the water. Arguments over religion, football teams, soccer better than football, who ate who's snacks, who has who's girlfriend or boyfriend ...Remember LORD OF THE FLIES?

People I work with worry about who makes more money, who's not working as hard as they are, who is sleeping with who, who is getting ahead more than they are. Gossiping, jumping to conclusions as to why someone is missing work.

We are a lovely bunch.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159060 Feb 4, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you call this, "failure to discuss"? Sounds more like an open challenge to a dual of words and ideology.
When my mother was pregnant, let's call that gestating, me some 50+ years ago, she was told that it was a dangerous pregnancy. The doc warned my dad and asked him if it came down to who's life to save, which one it would be. Funny eh? My dad said my mom's life, of course. Now, the doc, being a man of great skill, decided to try something out of the ordinary. He hypnotized my mom during while she was in labor with me. He delivered me breach, with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck, I not only was breach, but I was doing the splits, delivered one leg at a time. She did need some repair work later in order to conceive again but she did. Both I and my mom survived and have prospered and she is still alive at 73.
I know that is not the story for everyone but had another doc said this pregnancy is such a risk we must terminate it I would not be here today nor would my three children or my two grandchildren and the generations that will come through them someday.
50,000,000 babies have been aborted since Roe v Wade. If there were a moment of silence for each one we would be silent for 100 years.
(I must admit I haven't done the math for that claim).
I thank God that doctor gave me a chance.
I thank the Supreme Court for codifying her right to choose whether or not to become a mother, and I also applaud her choice, Pern.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#159061 Feb 4, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Considering that it wasn't represented as such, I'd have to give it a big FAIL, friend. A link to the website it came from would have been a minimal notice, since it's obviously a satire site, like The Onion. As it was presented here, it comes across as misinformation; when shown to be untrue, it morphed into gratuitous smear. Not helpful to the general discourse at all. Leave the smear to Faux Noize, they they have much more experience.
The fact that it was a parody was to follow and yes, it is a satire publication. The Currant.

It's very hard to smear Ann Coulter though, she is a smear herself.

(Here come the dogs, out to catch Catcher.)

But yes, next time I'll point out that it's satire, when it's satire, immediately.

I swear on the....U.S. Constitution.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#159062 Feb 4, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Pern, you disappoint me. That's a very narrow framing of a woman's place in society, and a very twisted view of a man's sexuality. Also, while most women actually DO gestate, keep, and lovingly raise our children, not every woman is cut out to be a mom. I truly believe it is more loving (not to mention sensible) to leave the decision as to whether or not to become a parent, up to the person who will (or won't) be gestating...certainly not to the government, or to any particular religious viewpoint, unless it is her own.
JMO
I exaggerated to emphasize the over simplification of your presentation of how Christians view women and children. Both what you said and what I said are extreme and untrue.
I have many friends who've had abortions and they still grieve for the children that they aborted. Even though they know the situations they found themselves in were very difficult, as adult women they know they could have done it differently. Each of them still remembers the day she went to the clinic and also suffers depression for the month that the abortion occurred in.
uIDIOTRACEmakewo rldpeace

United States

#159063 Feb 4, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You never discuss issues, Catcher. You have "optimism." You feel a "tailwind." It's a "tough roe to hoe."
I have brought up a rise in poverty, unemployment, 43+ million on food stamps, mainstream media and that monumental disgrace, the deficit, the lies about terrorism winding down, the lies about Romney perpetrated by the democrat party with none other than Harry the Marsupial Reid leading the charge. What about my comments regarding the labor unions and Obamacare? Anything from you? NO. You didn't know the first thing about Rubio's immigration reform plan. I have never heard you utter a word about Benghazi or the heat rising regarding Iran and Israel. Are you knowledgable about No. Korea or the new and whacked out government in Egypt? Care to elaborate on the slaughter in Syria? Comments about the buffoon Chuck Hagel and his nauseatingly clueless performance last week?
You don't KNOW the issues. Get informed and bring them to the table and until then show some respect for people who know more than you do and maybe you'll get some in return.
INTERJECTING this post of Your to Catcher. So you think US is in the right to be involved and warring all over the world?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#159064 Feb 4, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening, Lawest :)
(c:
rider

Gwinn, MI

#159065 Feb 4, 2013

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#159066 Feb 4, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest. Good evening, hope all is well.
Good evening Chris, all is well and that which isn't God is working it out for me. How goes it with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Robert F 987,354
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 min Johnny 183
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min David S Pumpkins 286,590
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 38 min dotard tracker 31,188
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 41 min Johnny 28
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 47 min Johnny 51
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,327
More from around the web