LATIN ASIA AFRO MID EAST

United States

#158766 Feb 2, 2013
Our Collapsing Economy and Currency
by Paul Craig Roberts , Ex-Asst. US Treasury Sec. Paul, Craig Roberts ( 1 term only, left because of US corruption...

"The right-wing has been trying to get rid of the social safety net ever since Franklin D. Roosevelt constructed it during the Great Depression.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158767 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is the case, how do you know who is right?
Everybody's right, no one's wrong, as long as one keeps to themselves. Debate, compromise, agreement, legislation, and litigation for the interactive stuff. At least that's how we do it in a country governed by the rule of Law. It often ain't pretty, but historically it's the best we've come up with that I know of.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158768 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
That's subjective and different depending on how someone is raised and what culture he comes from.
Where do you find truth? Is there truth?
I've not seen it. It'd be nice I suppose, in some perfect parallel world, to have everything perfectly arranged and answered for, but it'd still be ultimately oppressive to somebody. Truth in a society is what >we< together decide it is, and it will still be onerous to some, not enough for others. When I buy my island I'll tell you what truth is there; you're free to pursue the same. Until then we're stuck with working it out the best we can. At least in America it's set in parchment that we'll do it Together.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158769 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
Ah, its like ye neever left us, lassie. In your honor...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#158770 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that things aren't rosy, by a long shot.
But I think we have seen the worst of it, and are on the rebound.
And I believe in positive thinking.
:)
Paul Krugman, a huge Obama supporter, says were no longer in a recession..........Nope he's calling it a depression..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#158786 Feb 2, 2013
Havin fun?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158788 Feb 2, 2013
You're on the wrong thread.....no one is reading your spam.

Trust me on this.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158789 Feb 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but this has devolved into a into a bad flashback to the student union debates after freshman philosophy class, and I ain't had no pot for 20 years.
Because your intolerance doesn't pass the smell test with a definition and you know it.

You'd be a lot more mellow if you smoked a little weed now and again.
It's now legal where I live.

Colorado

#158790 Feb 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody's right, no one's wrong, as long as one keeps to themselves. Debate, compromise, agreement, legislation, and litigation for the interactive stuff. At least that's how we do it in a country governed by the rule of Law. It often ain't pretty, but historically it's the best we've come up with that I know of.
So the state decides for us all. Great. Worked out well for Germany in 1938.

Colorado

#158791 Feb 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I've not seen it. It'd be nice I suppose, in some perfect parallel world, to have everything perfectly arranged and answered for, but it'd still be ultimately oppressive to somebody. Truth in a society is what >we< together decide it is, and it will still be onerous to some, not enough for others. When I buy my island I'll tell you what truth is there; you're free to pursue the same. Until then we're stuck with working it out the best we can. At least in America it's set in parchment that we'll do it Together.
Again, see Germany 1938.

Colorado

#158792 Feb 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, its like ye neever left us, lassie. In your honor...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5f1LPzfHT7oXX
Sweet. Gettin' my groove on!

Colorado

#158793 Feb 2, 2013
I see that no one has managed to get rid of the paper hangers on these threads.

Colorado

#158794 Feb 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
You're on the wrong thread.....no one is reading your spam.
Trust me on this.
You know what would be freaky? If this poster is the guy who kidnapped that little boy and this is him posting from his bunker. Not that I think it is but if someone were writing a book that would be kind of an interesting inclusion to the story.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158795 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what would be freaky? If this poster is the guy who kidnapped that little boy and this is him posting from his bunker. Not that I think it is but if someone were writing a book that would be kind of an interesting inclusion to the story.
What would be really freaky, is if anybody actually READ that stuff.

I developed a great affinity for the scroll button, after the first sentence of the first post.
I think it's World Idiot.
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#158796 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>What would be really freaky, is if anybody actually READ that stuff.
I developed a great affinity for the scroll button, after the first sentence of the first post.
Not me! Big difference between me and other poster, i prefer to quote good leaders who criticize US wrongs and backed up with my other references from news article of legislation, legal reviews, and from career professional in their field in power, in govt and authority and the other poster posts are not specific in references with out backup.
i like to talk specific , backing up my references like so Know anything about the obnoxious Gramm-Leech-bliley Act, FTAA bills, Extra-illegal Constitional Agendas, SOPA, HR 1207... and how these pieces in legislation and in govt. effect, infect, and afffect The masses of zombies like you kind , our dumbed down Americans are undereducated about Us foreign Policy, PNAC agendas, leo Struassian Philosophy, Neo_Cons and Neo-MAlthusianss Castrophe agendas...

John Stockwell, former CIA official (from his books, speeches...

The major function of secrecy in Washington is to keep the U.S. people ... from knowing what the nation's leaders are doing.
Agendas...

As many our Americans Are clueless and sheeeoples just like you and many! BWBBABABAA. Stay Stupid ignorance is bliss, before you know it US will fall like those great Empires from Ancient Rome, Greece to modern Day Nazi germany and Weimer Republic - a financially and morally bankrupt nation because nation overextend itself Greed and power will befall a Empire. so what you leatn Dumb Sheeeoples? BWAHHAHAAA

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158797 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your intolerance doesn't pass the smell test with a definition and you know it.
You'd be a lot more mellow if you smoked a little weed now and again.
It's now legal where I live.
I don't have a formal definition for intolerance - to borrow from Justice Stewart, I know it when I see it.

I saw it in Prager's column about Ellison's swearing in.

As far as there being no ignorant ideas, only different world views, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that. If it makes you feel more comfortable about some of the ideas you're willing to entertain to consider me intolerant for calling intolerance ignorant, so be it.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158798 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, see Germany 1938.
Interestingly enough, what lead up to Germany 1938 was the idea that there are no ignorant ideas, just different world views.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#158799 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
Worked out well for Germany in 1938.
Bush would have fit in well back then.

Colorado

#158800 Feb 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a formal definition for intolerance - to borrow from Justice Stewart, I know it when I see it.
I saw it in Prager's column about Ellison's swearing in.
As far as there being no ignorant ideas, only different world views, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that. If it makes you feel more comfortable about some of the ideas you're willing to entertain to consider me intolerant for calling intolerance ignorant, so be it.
Justice Stewart? They guy on Comedy Central?
Yeah, you are a real poster child for tolerance.

Colorado

#158801 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>What would be really freaky, is if anybody actually READ that stuff.
I won't even mention his name because he's like these mass killers and does what he does to get attention. To name him is to give him his thrill. No substance and a wasted space on my computer screen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 16 min kevin 1,031
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 18 min Richard bibbs 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min onemale 265,589
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 1 hr Dr Abdullah Saleh 43
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,940
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Osmius 779,239
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr yon 39,395
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr truth 605,391
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 560,745
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 13 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web