Bush is a hero

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158836 Feb 2, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I just find it strange the IRS would allow alcohol as a write off. I suppose in Colorado and Washington they can now write off their pot purchases..........
In my case if they were to eliminate business deductions I would have to raise my prices about 80%.
Hmmm....so you take full advantage of these 'government subsidies' to your income, without a qualm, and yet you believe that without their counterpart in personal deductions, the folks who currently qualify for refunds at tax time, would more closely resemble Americans.
(Paraphrasing, of course...)

Interesting.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158837 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Correction, in my answer to Lyndi.
My father served in the military. Not the U.S. military however.
Why didn't you serve in the US military?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158838 Feb 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If I understand you correctly, you consider me intolerant.
The reason you consider me intolerant is because I've labeled Prager ignorant for his blatantly intolerant attack on Ellison.
Does that about sum it up?
I consider you intolerant because I see the things you say on here. Your words are the evidence. Oh, you may be tolerant of what you think is the current tolerant trend but you are every bit as intolerant as those you point your finger at.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158839 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Beverly Hills, black gold, Texas Tea, eh?
Berkeley def colors your worldview, combine that with coastal Cali regions and you are stamped a liberal for life. You didn't stand a chance.
I know lots of conservatives on the Coast. They are rare but they are there. Look out, they're sharing that wonderful ocean view with you! Some of them even surf.
Everybody is welcome here. I even invited Buck Crick to come out. Do you know who he is?

I've been a liberal all my life and you are right, no way I will change my ideology. It's who I am.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158840 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your eyes.
FRESNO, Calif.-- Three metropolitan areas in California's Central Valley, the region with the highest farm revenues in the country, rank among the poorest in the state and nation, Census figures released Thursday show.
Fresno, Modesto and Bakersfield-Delano areas are among the top five U.S. regions with the highest percentage of residents living below the poverty line.
The Fresno area, ranked as the second most impoverished in the nation, trailed only the U.S.-Mexico border area of McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas, the American Community Survey figures show.
Bakersfield-Delano and Modesto ranked fourth and fifth. The data compared large metro areas in 2011 of half million people or more.
The valley's poverty rate is high even though its agricultural productivity is soaring. California is home to a $35 billion agricultural industry and Fresno County produces more than $5.6 billion in agricultural products. One in four people in the county lived under the poverty line in 2011.
In California, one in six residents lived in poverty. California's poverty rate went up slightly, from 15.8 to 16.6 percent. Median income fell from $59,540 in 2010 to $57,287 in 2011.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/cali...
Yes, undocumented farm workers, the poorest and most oppressed of all.

This is why immigration reform is critical.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#158841 Feb 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.
So, he got about 4.9 million more votes.
A hefty portion of those votes may have come from the 3 million women who now live in poverty under Obama and maybe the other 1.9 million are their adult children who also live in poverty because there are no jobs. Or maybe it's just the random 1 in every 6 Americans living in poverty who have come to rely on the welfare state and they're too scared or misguided or uninformed to have cast their vote for the better candidate.

We may never know but Obama is a happy boy. His dream of a welfare state is coming along nicely.
Ain't it the truth :P

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158842 Feb 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
During my years of eligibility, I wasn't qualified to serve in the U.S. military. I wasn't a U.S. citizen. I was naturalized later.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158843 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider you intolerant because I see the things you say on here. Your words are the evidence. Oh, you may be tolerant of what you think is the current tolerant trend but you are every bit as intolerant as those you point your finger at.
If it makes you feel better to think that, enjoy yourself.

I can certainly understand why you'd rather talk about me than about Prager, though.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158844 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, here we go. Someone pass Catcher a tissue......

Colorado

#158845 Feb 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>A good question. I spent many years in Modesto. Canneries, canals, and cannabis, yes.
Catamarans, not so much.
And I was a registered Republican there, the whole time.
:)
! California's dirty big secret, the San Joaquin Valley.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#158846 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody is welcome here. I even invited Buck Crick to come out. Do you know who he is?
I've been a liberal all my life and you are right, no way I will change my ideology. It's who I am.
Not wise, Catcher. My dad has recently mentioned to me conversations he's had with several people in this area on political topics. They get around to "Who are you/did you vote for?" They tell him "My parents voted Democrat/Republican/fill-in-th e-blank all their lives and so do/will I."

Not wise, Catcher. Don't you think you should try to think over issues and/or candidates INDEPENDENT of the political labels they carry? Selecting one or the other simply because it comes under the heading "liberal ideology" is a TRULY knee-jerk response.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158847 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
During my years of eligibility, I wasn't qualified to serve in the U.S. military. I wasn't a U.S. citizen. I was naturalized later.
How old were you when you became a citizen?

Colorado

#158848 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who Buck Crick is and even after a google search I can't figure it out.
Where did you come from?

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158849 Feb 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, here we go. Someone pass Catcher a tissue......
Catcher has an engagement to attend.

Gotta go.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#158850 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My office is in downtown L.A.
I am not oblivious. I try to do my part.
Objection, your honor, argumentative and leading the witness.
How do I make you understand without insulting you, because that is not my intent. McCain said it when he said he wanted "everyone to be rich" I don't think it is particularly kind or charitable to wish food stamps and section 8 housing for people when what what we should be wishing for is the opportunity to get rich if they wish. Jobs, jobs, jobs, the one thing Obama hasn't addressed yet. What you do to help is nice but inconsequential. I don't want anyone to be hungry either but people want alot more than food stamps and an apartment that may or may not be decent to live in. You only manage to defend yourself Catcher against imagined slights. It is surely you who dodges the question I don't think you're here to address any issues. Why are you so defensive? if you don't mind my asking.

Colorado

#158851 Feb 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>If it makes you feel better to think that, enjoy yourself.
I can certainly understand why you'd rather talk about me than about Prager, though.
Willie, it does not make my feel better that you are as judgmental and intolerant as anyone else. I already know that. We all are judgmental and intolerant. It comes with being human. I just think it's sad when people are convinced they are not because they are not being honest with themselves. I am not bothered by the label intolerant that is your cross to bear.

Colorado

#158852 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The illegals can and have gone home. It's better in Mexico than it is in the Valley. These folks are homegrown.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158853 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are who you are because The United States America gave you an education and the opportunity to make a decent living and now you think you've earned the right of passage to belittle a party and heckle 50% of the very nation which took you in. I'm still trying to find out what we got in return besides another lawyer and they're a dime a dozen. You never served this nation. No one in your immediate family ever served this nation and yet the blood sweat and tears shed by those who did serve this nation are the reason you're sitting here "being an American".

You got in the arena Catcher but you're still sitting in the cheap seats. Box seats are reserved for those who give back and I don't see that you qualify.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158854 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, it does not make my feel better that you are as judgmental and intolerant as anyone else. I already know that. We all are judgmental and intolerant. It comes with being human. I just think it's sad when people are convinced they are not because they are not being honest with themselves. I am not bothered by the label intolerant that is your cross to bear.
Why didn't you just come right out and say there's nothing wrong with being intolerant in the first place?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158855 Feb 2, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are who you are because The United States America gave you an education and the opportunity to make a decent living and now you think you've earned the right of passage to belittle a party and heckle 50% of the very nation which took you in. I'm still trying to find out what we got in return besides another lawyer and they're a dime a dozen. You never served this nation. No one in your immediate family ever served this nation and yet the blood sweat and tears shed by those who did serve this nation are the reason you're sitting here "being an American".
You got in the arena Catcher but you're still sitting in the cheap seats. Box seats are reserved for those who give back and I don't see that you qualify.
What branch of the service were you in, Lyndi?

I ask because apparently YOU think it's of some importance. Most veterans of the service I know, at least the post WWII vets, would tell you it's a question without any merit whatsoever.

Note I didn't ask what kind of reflective credit you may try and claim from 'members of your immediate family', because that's a myth.

Now, if you need a resume I spent ten years in the Navy, my father is a WWII vet, one of two grandfathers was WWI era, and the family tree on one side goes back to the French and Indian Wars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Bear Claw 80,976
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Big Al 701,794
Are women from USA scared of marriage? 40 min Choicerocks 10
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Prince of Darkness 448,427
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Prince of Darkness 995,845
Democrats Are Communists, Believe Me 2 hr America First 1
Tronald Dump's Fascist NAZI Coup d'Etat 12 hr Hallejula 8