Bush is a hero
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#158796 Feb 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What would be really freaky, is if anybody actually READ that stuff.
I developed a great affinity for the scroll button, after the first sentence of the first post.
I think it's World Idiot.
Not me! Big difference between me and other poster, i prefer to quote good leaders who criticize US wrongs and backed up with my other references from news article of legislation, legal reviews, and from career professional in their field in power, in govt and authority and the other poster posts are not specific in references with out backup.
i like to talk specific , backing up my references like so Know anything about the obnoxious Gramm-Leech-bliley Act, FTAA bills, Extra-illegal Constitional Agendas, SOPA, HR 1207... and how these pieces in legislation and in govt. effect, infect, and afffect The masses of zombies like you kind , our dumbed down Americans are undereducated about Us foreign Policy, PNAC agendas, leo Struassian Philosophy, Neo_Cons and Neo-MAlthusianss Castrophe agendas...

John Stockwell, former CIA official (from his books, speeches...

The major function of secrecy in Washington is to keep the U.S. people ... from knowing what the nation's leaders are doing.
Agendas...

As many our Americans Are clueless and sheeeoples just like you and many! BWBBABABAA. Stay Stupid ignorance is bliss, before you know it US will fall like those great Empires from Ancient Rome, Greece to modern Day Nazi germany and Weimer Republic - a financially and morally bankrupt nation because nation overextend itself Greed and power will befall a Empire. so what you leatn Dumb Sheeeoples? BWAHHAHAAA

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158797 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your intolerance doesn't pass the smell test with a definition and you know it.
You'd be a lot more mellow if you smoked a little weed now and again.
It's now legal where I live.
I don't have a formal definition for intolerance - to borrow from Justice Stewart, I know it when I see it.

I saw it in Prager's column about Ellison's swearing in.

As far as there being no ignorant ideas, only different world views, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that. If it makes you feel more comfortable about some of the ideas you're willing to entertain to consider me intolerant for calling intolerance ignorant, so be it.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158798 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, see Germany 1938.
Interestingly enough, what lead up to Germany 1938 was the idea that there are no ignorant ideas, just different world views.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#158799 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
Worked out well for Germany in 1938.
Bush would have fit in well back then.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158800 Feb 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a formal definition for intolerance - to borrow from Justice Stewart, I know it when I see it.
I saw it in Prager's column about Ellison's swearing in.
As far as there being no ignorant ideas, only different world views, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that. If it makes you feel more comfortable about some of the ideas you're willing to entertain to consider me intolerant for calling intolerance ignorant, so be it.
Justice Stewart? They guy on Comedy Central?
Yeah, you are a real poster child for tolerance.

Colorado

#158801 Feb 2, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What would be really freaky, is if anybody actually READ that stuff.
I developed a great affinity for the scroll button, after the first sentence of the first post.
I think it's World Idiot.
I won't even mention his name because he's like these mass killers and does what he does to get attention. To name him is to give him his thrill. No substance and a wasted space on my computer screen.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158802 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart was a brilliant, thoughtful, decent man. In his decisions, he made significant contributions to criminal justice reform, civil rights, access to the courts, and Fourth Amendment law. He is one of my heroes.

He is best known, outside of the legal cognoscenti, for his "definition" of obscenity: "I know it when I see it."

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158803 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
So the state decides for us all. Great. Worked out well for Germany in 1938.
You are really rolling on the red-eyed icons aintcha?

Are the conditions in 1920's Germany at all comparable to the conditions in America? You do realize you are blessed to live under a representative democracy, right? Of the people, by the people, for the people, and all that folderol? Is this a serious exchange, or a ventilation of pent-up talking points?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158804 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, see Germany 1938.
If it's not putting too fine a point on it - horse-hockey. The Beck room is across the hall, down two flights.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158805 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahem.

Uhhhh ... no, I'm not referring to anyone on Comedy Central.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158806 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart was a brilliant, thoughtful, decent man. In his decisions, he made significant contributions to criminal justice reform, civil rights, access to the courts, and Fourth Amendment law. He is one of my heroes.
He is best known, outside of the legal cognoscenti, for his "definition" of obscenity: "I know it when I see it."
cognoscenti, huh

whattaya, sum kinda eye-talin commie?

;-}

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158807 Feb 2, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>cognoscenti, huh
whattaya, sum kinda eye-talin commie?
;-}
Gotta raise the level in this here thread.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#158809 Feb 2, 2013
--Anal Andy-- wrote:
If it were up to my butt, I'd pick bush.
he he funny screen name :)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#158810 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta raise the level in this here thread.
Hippy & Lust have already taken that position. Yer on reserve
for now.

Colorado

#158811 Feb 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You are really rolling on the red-eyed icons aintcha?
Are the conditions in 1920's Germany at all comparable to the conditions in America? You do realize you are blessed to live under a representative democracy, right? Of the people, by the people, for the people, and all that folderol? Is this a serious exchange, or a ventilation of pent-up talking points?
It's not what I'm getting at. If our values are subjective, no basis other than what we think is right at the time then it is only a matter of time for the inhumane (shout out to Catcher) side of man to make it's appearance. It is a serious philosophical exchange. No intentional talking points. I hear the rabid hate on multiple sides, there is no tolerance, and I am quite aware that that is the nature of man. Everyone thinks they know what is best for the other people. We cannot legislate niceness into mankind. Man will always find a way around the laws set for him. And therein is my great concern. Not for me in my lifetime but for those young lives who will be impacted.

Colorado

#158812 Feb 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to have to work harder to get my humor.

Colorado

#158813 Feb 2, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>If it's not putting too fine a point on it - horse-hockey. The Beck room is across the hall, down two flights.
Thanks but you go first.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158814 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not what I'm getting at. If our values are subjective, no basis other than what we think is right at the time then it is only a matter of time for the inhumane (shout out to Catcher) side of man to make it's appearance. It is a serious philosophical exchange. No intentional talking points. I hear the rabid hate on multiple sides, there is no tolerance, and I am quite aware that that is the nature of man. Everyone thinks they know what is best for the other people. We cannot legislate niceness into mankind. Man will always find a way around the laws set for him. And therein is my great concern. Not for me in my lifetime but for those young lives who will be impacted.

Do you think humans are bad by nature? Or good? Or neither?

Have you studied philosophers who have explored this? Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau?

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158815 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I got it.

But why not use it as a springboard for worthwhile information?
lisw

Delaware, OH

#158816 Feb 2, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a little uptight isn't he? I thought they weren't uptight in California.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Gods r Delusions ... 658,561
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 70,621
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min RiversideRedneck 974,693
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Blink 282,940
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 36 min ImFree2Choose 3,020
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,845
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Demon Finder 18,777
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 10 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web