“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158726 Feb 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Those are just wildly different world views, aren't they?
They are.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#158727 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
They are.
I am sorry that I cannot respond to your post.

I will be out of the office for the rest of the evening.

If you need immediate assistance, please dial 0 and leave your message at the tone.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158728 Feb 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I read the article.
I read the article when it was first published, and I read it again.
It's nonsense to suggest that by taking the oath of office on something other than the Bible, American civilization is 'undermined'.
It's ludicrous to assert that Ellison's swearing in on the Koran will 'embolden Muslim extremists'.
To assert that Ellison's swearing in on the Koran 'will be doing more damage to the unity of America and to the value system that has formed this country than the terrorists of 9-11' is absurd.
The follow up claim, that Ellison is the one that made this an issue, is disingenuous because there is no reason to object to Ellison's announcement that he was swearing in on the Koran. Prager can't blame Ellison for his ignorant outburst.
Your words of description: Nonsense, ludicrous, absurd, disengenuous,"there is no reason to object", ignorant outburst.

Those words do not show tolerance of other's viewpoints they show judgment.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158729 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Prager is a scumbag.
This has nothing to do with parties or politics.
Please.
speaking of intolerance and a judgmental attitude

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#158730 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words of description: Nonsense, ludicrous, absurd, disengenuous,"there is no reason to object", ignorant outburst.
Those words do not show tolerance of other's viewpoints they show judgment.
I am sorry that I cannot respond to your post.

I will be out of the office for the rest of the evening.

If you need immediate assistance, please leave a message at the prompt.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158731 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that I cannot respond to your post.
I will be out of the office for the rest of the evening.
If you need immediate assistance, please dial 0 and leave your message at the tone.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#158732 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of intolerance and a judgmental attitude
Tolerance only goes so far.

I'll bet there are some things you won't tolerate.

This is true for everybody.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#158733 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lyndi: The economy is rebounding, the housing market is improving, the jobs picture is better, the stock market is reaching record highs. The stats are fact and "my guy," as you call him, is at the helm.
I know you don't like this, but you should. Don't be such a misanthrope. It's unbecoming of you.
What you don't seem to realize is "who" the economy is rebounding for. It's not the middle class, Catcher. Jobs are not available in that middle range and when they are the perks are quite a bit less, no health insurance, lots of contract positions with no vacation or sick pay or 401K's. Businesses can't handle those anymore. For lower paying jobs like in the food service industry, hours are being cut because businesses can't afford the guidelines. You have to know the stockmarket though an indication of some rebound only benefits those who are already doing okay and have a little extra to stick in their 401K. As for housing, I think it has normalized some but it is still those who tend to be able to buy anyway that are buying smaller houses. IMO this is good. The housing boom was false. So check with someone else besides your law partners to see where the economy "feels" like it is going. Because that is the real indicator. Obama can report what he wishes but it is the people that tells the story.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158734 Feb 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one who keeps throwing the word outraged out there; I never said I was outraged. It's not even close to the word I'd use. That's been your term all along.
I'm having a hard time regarding myself as intolerant for considering the intolerant as ignorant, to put it simply. If I'd said those ideas shouldn't even be expressed, I might be able to see your point.
This whole "wildly different world views" doesn't wash with me, Pern. Some world views are ignorant. Some world views simply aren't worthy of equal consideration with others.
How many times have I used that term in this conversation? If you are going to accuse me of throwing it around I'd like some proof.

What gives you the right to judge worldviews? Is there absolute truth?
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#158735 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
His male female hour is probably the one I disagree with most often and I do have to say that three marriages says a lot as to why. I do like to hear what he has to say from a male perspective because he is pretty forthright and I can't quite fathom the male brain. You guys are complex in your simplicity! JK. I wonder what the Californian thinks of the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"? That guy's been married a bunch of times too.
I like Prager's desire for clarity over agreement. Wish that could be said for some here. Ah, the haters they be a hatin' they don't even understand themselves enough to know why.
Murder vs. killing, who doesn't get that difference?
This post of yours to Chris(t)(Un)Clearwater!

Kate Richards O"Hare, 1915
" The women of the United States are nothing but brood sows, having sons to be put into the army and made into fertilizer.

Are you piss off with me yet? BWHHAHHAAHAAaaa

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158736 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolerance only goes so far.
I'll bet there are some things you won't tolerate.
This is true for everybody.
How do you know where the borders of tolerance are? How do you know if they're right?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158737 Feb 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Might have been Port Hueneme.
Isn't that another great California name?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158738 Feb 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about bloodthirsty, hateful, or hypocritical - but I do know, based on his comments about Cong. Ellison's swearing in on the Koran, he's one ignorant s.o.b.
Oh yeah, ignorant s.o.b. There's a good one.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#158739 Feb 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
His values will end us. In many ways you can see part of that now. Immigrants of many years ago had a respect you don't see much of now in part becasue politicians have little.
I never thought about that, but I think you're probably right.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#158740 Feb 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What you don't seem to realize is "who" the economy is rebounding for. It's not the middle class, Catcher. Jobs are not available in that middle range and when they are the perks are quite a bit less, no health insurance, lots of contract positions with no vacation or sick pay or 401K's. Businesses can't handle those anymore. For lower paying jobs like in the food service industry, hours are being cut because businesses can't afford the guidelines. You have to know the stockmarket though an indication of some rebound only benefits those who are already doing okay and have a little extra to stick in their 401K. As for housing, I think it has normalized some but it is still those who tend to be able to buy anyway that are buying smaller houses. IMO this is good. The housing boom was false. So check with someone else besides your law partners to see where the economy "feels" like it is going. Because that is the real indicator. Obama can report what he wishes but it is the people that tells the story.
I agree with you that things aren't rosy, by a long shot.

But I think we have seen the worst of it, and are on the rebound.

And I believe in positive thinking.

:)
uidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#158741 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
It's a tough row to hoe.
But we shouldn't be always gloom and doom.
Anybody who ever participated seriously in sports would understand.
Your attitude is very powerful.
Positive energy works.
LOL! You know in school i was queer , never fit in! When i see Jock beat up a Nerd, i will alway come to defend the nerd.

:),....

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#158742 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know where the borders of tolerance are? How do you know if they're right?
The same way you know where your border of tolerance are.

We have a sense of what's right and what's wrong, and what the limits are. I know you have that sense.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158743 Feb 1, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What you don't seem to realize is "who" the economy is rebounding for. It's not the middle class, Catcher. Jobs are not available in that middle range and when they are the perks are quite a bit less, no health insurance, lots of contract positions with no vacation or sick pay or 401K's. Businesses can't handle those anymore. For lower paying jobs like in the food service industry, hours are being cut because businesses can't afford the guidelines. You have to know the stockmarket though an indication of some rebound only benefits those who are already doing okay and have a little extra to stick in their 401K. As for housing, I think it has normalized some but it is still those who tend to be able to buy anyway that are buying smaller houses. IMO this is good. The housing boom was false. So check with someone else besides your law partners to see where the economy "feels" like it is going. Because that is the real indicator. Obama can report what he wishes but it is the people that tells the story.
Went to Walmart tonight and the lady that checked me out seemed troubled. Not too busy for a Friday and the guy behind me asked if she was ok? "No, I just found out today that my main job has been terminated." From what I understood she worked for a defense contractor and the entire co. is closing this division. Of couse she was very upset as what had been her sidegig is soon to be her main one. She said she would love to speak to people that think things are good right now. So would I. Sequestration hasn't even hit yet.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158744 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What Prager wants for Muslims, and for Blacks, is a sense of self loathing.
He knows exactly what he's doing as he pontificates.
If you people keep talking about him, I'll say more.
I'll discuss his misogyny, his hatefulness, his defense of the tobacco companies, his frequent decompensation and rage, heck, the guy's a mess.
He once was nicknamed "too much gas Prager." I'll tell you why.
Feel free to elaborate.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158745 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that things aren't rosy, by a long shot.
But I think we have seen the worst of it, and are on the rebound.
And I believe in positive thinking.
:)
In what world do you live? I really would like to agree with this. My Granddad had a big impact on me and lived through the great depression. And at that point in time noboday had that entitlement mentality that elected Obama. The co. I work for contracts for every 7-11 in this state. You should see what happens when the ebt system goes out sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 560,334
Methods To Massage Therapy for Auto Accident 9 min Massaga Therapy 1
Man looking for XL HUNG STR8/BI GUYS WITH THICK... 13 min BIGCOCKSUKKA 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 16 min Johnny 4,864
Porn sites that will not get block from Parenta... (Jul '12) 34 min Nude sex 22
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 40 min derekbrown7349 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr truth 777,751
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 605,303
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 265,403
More from around the web