Bush is a hero

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158653 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your tolerance is amazing. Hell hath no judgment like Liberal.
You really don't think you can make this about MY tolerance, do you?

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158654 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this an insult?
I think it was supposed to be funny.

Hard to tell.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158655 Feb 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I had no idea when I posted about murder vs kiling on Prager's show it would turn into days of talk on him. If I'm in the car at this time its rare for me to listen. I'm not so big on his male/ female hour and don't share his worldview on religion but had no idea the level of passion toward him. The last few days here have been very illuminating.
His male female hour is probably the one I disagree with most often and I do have to say that three marriages says a lot as to why. I do like to hear what he has to say from a male perspective because he is pretty forthright and I can't quite fathom the male brain. You guys are complex in your simplicity! JK. I wonder what the Californian thinks of the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"? That guy's been married a bunch of times too.
I like Prager's desire for clarity over agreement. Wish that could be said for some here. Ah, the haters they be a hatin' they don't even understand themselves enough to know why.
Murder vs. killing, who doesn't get that difference?

Colorado

#158656 Feb 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't think you can make this about MY tolerance, do you?
Duh, you don't have no stinkin' tolerance.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158657 Feb 1, 2013
Sen Rivera? And a republican! He will be just as much of one as Charlie Crist was. Wait, he is a dem now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/gera...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158659 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, you don't have no stinkin' tolerance.
I told you what I found lacking in Prager's article, Pern, so retreating to challenging my tolerance is nothing more than another diversion - like trying to drag me into your other diversion off onto Martin Luther King.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#158660 Feb 1, 2013

Colorado

#158662 Feb 1, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I told you what I found lacking in Prager's article, Pern, so retreating to challenging my tolerance is nothing more than another diversion - like trying to drag me into your other diversion off onto Martin Luther King.
There is no challenging something that doesn't exist. As for MLK, I was hoping you would help Catcher pick up his skirt and answer what he really can't answer.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#158663 Feb 1, 2013
Truth in fiction 7 Days in May: The film the Pentagon did not want made! FULL

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#158664 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no challenging something that doesn't exist. As for MLK, I was hoping you would help Catcher pick up his skirt and answer what he really can't answer.
All I said is that Dennis Prager is a scumbag.

There, I said it again.

And I ain't picking up skirts this month. You do it.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#158665 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably thought Romney was going to win the election, too.
This is an overused but flimsy dig. Millions of Americans were certain Obama would lose, and he only won by 3.5 million votes.

Safe margin but hardly a landslide.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#158666 Feb 1, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an overused but flimsy dig. Millions of Americans were certain Obama would lose, and he only won by 3.5 million votes.
Safe margin but hardly a landslide.
Do the math:

Barack H. Obama 65,899,625 51.02% 332 61.7%
Willard Mitt Romney 60,928,981 47.18% 206 38.3%

Aaaaallllmost a 5 million vote margin. Almost.

And, as you know, the electoral vote count was 332 to 206.

No dig.

Just fact.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158667 Feb 1, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberta wrote: While I tend to agree with that, how does that justify REQUIRING an employer to provide insurance for abortion or The Pill?
<quoted text>
Of course abortion is part of the discussion. That's what this whole question of employers providing health insurance including birth control of any kind boils down to.
Nevertheless, for the sake of the specific question which you so obviously tried to avoid, we'll omit that point and I'll rephrase the question.

Does the fact that The Pill and most other birth control methods are inexpensive justify REQUIRING an employer to provide insurance which will cover them?
It depends on the justification, doesn't it? This particular employer (as I keep having to mention) plays the ethic card when it suits them, and appeal to legal definitions if it might cost them. Soooo, doesn't this negate this particular argument, or should they just be able to object to any product or procedure without even stating cause? The employer argues both sides depending on their situation and wins both ways. Is the Constitution only for guaranteeing the worker bee and/or injured party always ends up on the short side of every issue?

Colorado

#158668 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I said is that Dennis Prager is a scumbag.
There, I said it again.
And I ain't picking up skirts this month. You do it.
I don't care what your opinion is. You have not backed up anything you said. Explain why it is acceptable to despise Dennis Prager and not MLK when both speak on character and both failed your morality test.
You're still not geting that skirt reference. Sometimes it's a verb.

Colorado

#158669 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher, here's my question.
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just an opinion, you accused him of having affairs and mocked three marriages. Now, I would like to know why, if his party or politics are not involved in your assessment of him as a scumbag, why should he be classed a scumbag and Martin Luther King not hold the same title and relegated to the trash heap of your condemnation?

Colorado

#158670 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher, here's your skirt. The VERB.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Prager is a scumbag for many reasons.
I mentioned his private life only to point out that he preaches a morality that he doesn't maintain, which makes him a hypocrite besides all his other scummy traits.
That he's not the only hypocrite out there doesn't change my assessment of him: He's a scumbag.
If you want to discuss MLK, or Bill Clinton, or John Edwards, or Newt Gingrich, or anybody else, OK, I have no objection to those discussions. But I wasn't making distinctions or comparisons. All I am saying, again, is that in my view Dennis
Prager is a scumbag.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158671 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what your opinion is. You have not backed up anything you said. Explain why it is acceptable to despise Dennis Prager and not MLK when both speak on character and both failed your morality test.
Now, speaking of skirting...

You posted that Prager was just stating his views based on his understanding of American history and tradition (or words to that effect.

There are individuals who would take the position that "based on [their] views of American History and tradition" that as a Jew he has no right to opine about what is or is not American.

Would you take exception to me characterizing them as ignorant too, and would that call into question my 'tolerance'?

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#158672 Feb 1, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand your need to bring up anybody else, just because I consider Prager to be a scumbag.

I didn't say he's a scumbag merely because he "speaks on character and failed my morality test." I think he's a scumbag--a miserable human being, a twisted, bloodthirsty, nasty, hateful, arrogant individual--for lots of reasons. I have come to that conclusion after listening to him for many years. That's my view, and you of course are free to disagree with it.

Some other day, maybe we'll discuss MLK, or John Edwards, Ted Kennedy, Newt Gingrich, Tom DeLay, Bill Clinton, Mark Sanford, Pat Robertson, Pete Rose, Lance Armstrong, Charley Brown, Lindsey Lohan, Jesus, anybody you or Lyndi or anybody else wants. Oh yeah, George Bush too, after all this thread is dedicated to the guy.

For now, please accept that I consider Dennis Prager to be a scumbag.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#158673 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand your need to bring up anybody else, just because I consider Prager to be a scumbag.
I didn't say he's a scumbag merely because he "speaks on character and failed my morality test." I think he's a scumbag--a miserable human being, a twisted, bloodthirsty, nasty, hateful, arrogant individual--for lots of reasons. I have come to that conclusion after listening to him for many years. That's my view, and you of course are free to disagree with it.
Some other day, maybe we'll discuss MLK, or John Edwards, Ted Kennedy, Newt Gingrich, Tom DeLay, Bill Clinton, Mark Sanford, Pat Robertson, Pete Rose, Lance Armstrong, Charley Brown, Lindsey Lohan, Jesus, anybody you or Lyndi or anybody else wants. Oh yeah, George Bush too, after all this thread is dedicated to the guy.
You take the 5'th an awful lot counselor..........

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158674 Feb 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say that Charlie Brown, he's a clown ... but that would probably just prove I'm intolerant.

Whether that would be to clowns or cartoon characters, I'm not sure.

The goal is to prove you're a hypocrite - that you only dis Prager because he's a conservative. If you dis a living breathing still talking Prager but hold in esteem a person who's been dead for 45 years, why, there you go - it must be because Prager's a conservative.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 11 min Boogey 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min kent 699,387
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Chilli J 71,506
School Fails Girl For Believing In God 30 min Doctor REALITY 2
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 39 min Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Big Al 447,393
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Big Al 995,034
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr Dang Jersey Piney 96