Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I thought the same when I was first aware of her impending (alleged) demise. I earned my skeptic badge way back. My radar was up from there, and ultimately tipped me in her favor - I never once saw her use it in any way in discussion - for debate points, for sympathy, for anything. If it was fake, I reasoned, to what purpose if she didn't use it? She also sent me a couple private messages that rang the same bell. Yes, Lord knows I do need to see the wounds, as it were, so I wouldn't bet my house on it, but in total, it did appear real enough.
As for the QB kid, I don't have an opinion except, as the prophet Morrison said, people are strange. It seems so silly I've not looked at it beyond the headlines.
I hadn't been here since November. Just jumped back in a couple days ago 'cos it's so nasty outside and TV sucks, mostly. Glad I got to "see" ya. You'ns take care. Peace. rk
I never thought she did it to gain sympathy but as a way to make her exit from Topix. It is a great way to end a "character" if that is what WIP was. It also would mean she couldn't change her mind and bring it back. With her having been a writer it did make me wonder if WIP was a character or the real deal.

I imagine the lack of football also led to your return. ;)
&#9774; (we'll see if that code works) otherwise Peace to you, Hippy G.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
I can't see you practicing trial law, Catcher. I have yet to see you present a case other than the typical touchy, feely, weepy stuff....

This juror is {{yawning}}

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it wrong.
It's split families, not hairs.
My values and yours are very different.
Couple things, Chaser.

You just said I had an icy heart instead of addressing those issues
regarding ILLEGAL aliens & telling me where I was wrong.

And you didn't say if you want open borders or not. North & South.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple things, Chaser.
This whole thing can be summed up in one word for me, enabling. Few in power left or right want to man up and tell people that come to this nation via unlawful entry are causing great harm to the nation. Just as 2 years ago in my own family nobody wanted to tell my wife's brother his drinking was out of control and us enableing it killed him.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple things, Chaser.
OK, I didn't mean to insult you.

As I said, I think it's not decent to take people who have been here for many years and throw them out like useless trash. Much less to split up families, throwing out parents and allowing their U.S. born children to stay.

I approve of the proposals that are being made. I would favor a program by which the undocumented aliens would go through a step-by-step process, culminating in citizenship after a long period (without getting ahead of those in line who entered legally or who are waiting abroad for legal entry, and with education regarding our system of government and language). And, as soon as they apply for legal residence, they would have to register in a way that makes them responsible for paying taxes and meeting all other legal obligations of residents.

Border security would have to be part and parcel of the program. I'm talking about the people already here. Everything possible should be done to curtail illegal entry for the future.

What do you think?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Our checkbook cannot can't support "your" values.
You want this nation to operate on emotion and as a colossal charity event until everyone elses money runs out and I want to see this nation run like a business.
===
But don't fret. If Phil Mikelson et al make an exodus from CA your taxes will go up higher and YOU can give more of yours away.
We all like hil out here in normal-land and there are multiple other states in the union who wouldn't punish his success at 60+% and would welcome him with open arms.
His values will end us. In many ways you can see part of that now. Immigrants of many years ago had a respect you don't see much of now in part becasue politicians have little.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought she did it to gain sympathy but as a way to make her exit from Topix. It is a great way to end a "character" if that is what WIP was. It also would mean she couldn't change her mind and bring it back. With her having been a writer it did make me wonder if WIP was a character or the real deal.
I imagine the lack of football also led to your return. ;)
&#9774; (we'll see if that code works) otherwise Peace to you, Hippy G.
In my whole time on topix she was one of two I offered to meet. Wife and I had our honeymoon in Honolulu and I did feel like we could share some things with her that would have helped her but she said no.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, strike the word inhumane.
Substitute, "uncompassionate."
What I mean is that, if you have a heart, you will empathize.
You won't place the scarlet letter on these people.
Ever hear of Dennis Prager? I ask because he often speaks of his life and how he was on the left and now on the right. You fit his definition of the left spot on. Ha.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever hear of Dennis Prager? I ask because he often speaks of his life and how he was on the left and now on the right. You fit his definition of the left spot on. Ha.
I know Prager very well, he has had a radio program here in L.A. for about 20 years. I have no respect for him--he is arrogant, hateful and even bloodthirsty. And he is quite a hypocrite too--do you know anything about his personal life, divorces, affairs? He talks of the need to have a moral compass, but he lost his somewhere along the way.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Prager very well, he has had a radio program here in L.A. for about 20 years. I have no respect for him--he is arrogant, hateful and even bloodthirsty. And he is quite a hypocrite too--do you know anything about his personal life, divorces, affairs? He talks of the need to have a moral compass, but he lost his somewhere along the way.
It's pretty easy for an experienced radio man to re-tool his pitch and find a new market.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I didn't mean to insult you.
As I said, I think it's not decent to take people who have been here for many years and throw them out like useless trash. Much less to split up families, throwing out parents and allowing their U.S. born children to stay.
I approve of the proposals that are being made. I would favor a program by which the undocumented aliens would go through a step-by-step process, culminating in citizenship after a long period (without getting ahead of those in line who entered legally or who are waiting abroad for legal entry, and with education regarding our system of government and language). And, as soon as they apply for legal residence, they would have to register in a way that makes them responsible for paying taxes and meeting all other legal obligations of residents.
Border security would have to be part and parcel of the program. I'm talking about the people already here. Everything possible should be done to curtail illegal entry for the future.
What do you think?
Do not fret about insulting me. It's a public anonymous forum where insulting takes place day in and day out. I'm a big fan of flaming wars, but too many have taken place in here, and the vets frown on that. Anyway, I've insulted one or two people over the years.

I'll agree with Rubio's plan, essentially the same but which includes a fine for jumping the border.
UdiotRaceAMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, some illegals are here under circumstances with which most people could sympathize. If an old man's wife is in extreme pain and the drugstore is closed, who among us would condemn the old man for breaking in to get his wife the painkiller she needs? But does that mean it's okay for the old man to break the law, or for the illegals to break the law? Besides, many illegals come here with no intention of "building a better life for themselves and/or their children." They come to sell drugs, etc.
I absolutely agree it's inhuman to break up families or send away young people whose parents brought them here as children and have grown up here. When this new immigration bill is finally presented, I hope it will include provisions for dealing with these groups to allow most of them to stay legally, and I'm sure it will. AS LONG AS THE BORDER IS PROPERLY SECURED, putting an end to the flow of illegals coming here, breaking our laws, inhibiting security and using resources meant for legal residents, I'm willing to accept that many who are already here illegally will be permitted to stay.
Securing the border MUST come first. When you want to stop a sink from overflowing, the first thing you do is turn the water off.
This post of your to catcher! You pinhead, they can come by sea or air... And the cost? You have some crooked US authority in govt are also Drug dealers and in gun selling business...
UdiotRaceAMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Hm, you are correct in saying I was not considering birth control but the morning after pill and abortion. I had in mind Hobby Lobby and Tyndale House Publishing. Sorry if I brought additional baggage to the table.
You are right in that most people don't have a problem with things like birth control pills I do believe that those who do should be able to bring that to the table and possibly negotiate for other benefits for their employees that don't violate their ethics.
Birth control pills are not expensive and are offered through other avenues such as Planned Parenthood or local clinics. We act like birth control pills are vitamins and every woman has a right to good vitamins, right? They have their dangers as do abortions and morning after pills and pregnancy. All of us want to be able to determine how many children and when but to demand our employers be part of that despite real ethical objections is forcing everyone into a box that is one size fits all.
BioGeneticist whistleblower of govt/ Planned Parenthood (PP) AKA reaally part Eugenic program that hides darkside PP.
UdiotRaceAMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assumption would probably be correct. I just kinda stepped back into the thread without having to hash over past posts.
By the way, one of the reasons I decided to play in this muddy pond again after such a long break was because of the story of Manti Te'o's online gf with a story that reminded me so much of WIP. It just seemed so weird that both were online deaths due to cancer and related to Hawaii. I never could quite accept WIP's online tragedy but at the same time if it were true it was really sad. You know me, always the cynic.
WIP is real person , she a US veteran who detest those illicit US wars and think Xtain fundies are war mongers.
UdiotRaceAMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see you practicing trial law, Catcher. I have yet to see you present a case other than the typical touchy, feely, weepy stuff....
This juror is {{yawning}}
Good lawyers are hard to come by that represent human rights values... You preference are Crooked Lawyers who stand for Corporatism....
UdiotRaceAMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Their parents weren't war torn refugees fleeing battle zones, Catcher. Their parents learned the meaning of "anchor babies", heard that the streets here are paved with entitlements, made a conscious decision to skip lawful entry and you want to welcome them with a marching band and get all teary.
You're worse than Boehner.
Interjecting for catcher! But USCIS did allowed many in 100,000 /year war torn Iraqi civilians and fron other nations in because our obnoxious US overseas wars ruined their nations economies and infrastructures,
UdiotRaceAMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple things, Chaser.
You icy-hot PINhead meathead BWHHAHAHAA You War mongers, as our obnoxious NAFTA, other FTA bills gave way to many insidious greedy US corporation at home and in Mexico to move it Operations oversea , for competitive advantage , slave wages...and this had ruined our US economy and also ruined the Mexican Economy at borders that use to have an Agricultural base to support Mexican Livelihood, and as US industries came in and polluted Mexican border with industrial toxic waste , as land can not be returned to former means Mexicans have no alternative as land is polluted by our predatory US corporations, and once US Corporation moved overseas leaving the Mexicans looking for jobs northward into US they come, don't u just love US globalist Militaristic Imperialism agenda. It is endless cycle of US corporations abuses and plunders of other nations raw resources and for land use... The Mexicans or illegal would had stay home if our polluting US industries stay put at home and did not take advantage of other nations environment, raw resources and land for its own use , and to provide necessAry funds for cleanup of overseas land polluted by US industries , none of big mess would had happen and migration of immigrants (illegal and legal) into corruted USA . And, you AND ME, and all THE Americans have to deal with it, Stop whining you Big BAD BOB the War mongering cry AND WHINEY BABY! bwhhqahhhahhhaaaa
UdiotRaceAMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
Bush is a hero sub, one made at the deli with rotten meat and as the maker did not use gloves, picked his butt and there is your hero.
lol! But those on this thread who kowtow to him sure got a big surprise - A trillion USD War debt/year and year on Year since Bushjr Sub became available to our Hungry American Zombie eaters. MBWHAHHHAAA
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I know little about his personal life other than how he states he was on the left and now on the right. I have doubts that he is bloodthirsty. Two days ago he spent about an hour explaining his thoughts on why from felt murder and killing were two different things. I'm guessing you would say they are the same? From a biblical wroldview God states that if a man hates another he is guilty of murder in his heart, no matter if any action ever occurs. I know two people that are divorced and quite moral men but others often condemnt them. One was a pastor for many years and about half of a church split over the issue of divorce.
UdiotRaceAMKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The same value that causes you to have empathy for the reasons that they broke our law (hunger, love for their children, yearning to be free)are the same values that I have that makes me so against a registry of all the mentally ill in our country for whatever purpose. See how that works?
Interjecting for other poster! You have mentally ill that won't harm a person, no registration needed! Unless you find way to deal with those Mentally ill with Violent disposition, who did a murder should be separated/jailed and be Register as "VIOLENT MENTALLY ILL!" to safeguard Society.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

480 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min itzik_f 115,282
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Epiphany2 599,093
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min It aint necessarily so 721,096
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Rosa_Winkel 224,353
Automatic Oil Press Introduction And Automatic ... 34 min wintone 1
WE THE PEOPLE Are Not Laughing Anymore 1 hr Patriot 2
I Never Can Say Goodbye 1 hr Patriot 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 256,645
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr kalei 79
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 17 hr Drom Jagter 54
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••