“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158532 Jan 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assumption would probably be correct. I just kinda stepped back into the thread without having to hash over past posts.
By the way, one of the reasons I decided to play in this muddy pond again after such a long break was because of the story of Manti Te'o's online gf with a story that reminded me so much of WIP. It just seemed so weird that both were online deaths due to cancer and related to Hawaii. I never could quite accept WIP's online tragedy but at the same time if it were true it was really sad. You know me, always the cynic.
Yes, I thought the same when I was first aware of her impending (alleged) demise. I earned my skeptic badge way back. My radar was up from there, and ultimately tipped me in her favor - I never once saw her use it in any way in discussion - for debate points, for sympathy, for anything. If it was fake, I reasoned, to what purpose if she didn't use it? She also sent me a couple private messages that rang the same bell. Yes, Lord knows I do need to see the wounds, as it were, so I wouldn't bet my house on it, but in total, it did appear real enough.

As for the QB kid, I don't have an opinion except, as the prophet Morrison said, people are strange. It seems so silly I've not looked at it beyond the headlines.

I hadn't been here since November. Just jumped back in a couple days ago 'cos it's so nasty outside and TV sucks, mostly. Glad I got to "see" ya. You'ns take care. Peace. rk

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158533 Jan 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. Are YOU accusing ME of failing to be concise?
Uh, no, not at all. I presumed "unwordy" was supposed to imply, "doesn't use a lot of words". You know as well as I how to use up the character limit;)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#158534 Jan 31, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No one who is seriously debating this issue in DC wants to break up mothers from their children......you're spreading false information.
It has already been happening.

Long Beach, CA

#158535 Jan 31, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Word on high is the economy just tanked further and his ratings went up.
That's one for the psychiatric community to ponder.
Not at all.

It just shows that YOU don't get it.

All you care about is the economy, and blaming Obama.

You really should take the blinders off, you might see what the majority of Americans see.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158536 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has already been happening.
Don't split hairs. If people are deported {too bad, so sad} their family can follow. No one is keeping them here against their will.

There are repercussions and consequences for risky, illegal, premediated and ill-advised behaviors. I thought you would have learned that in law school.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158537 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
It just shows that YOU don't get it.
All you care about is the economy, and blaming Obama.
You really should take the blinders off, you might see what the majority of Americans see.
Jay Carney is blaming the republicans for the recent "dip" in the economy.
<pause>

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Wloclawek Warrior

Petersburg, VA

#158538 Jan 31, 2013
Bush is a hero sub, one made at the deli with rotten meat and as the maker did not use gloves, picked his butt and there is your hero.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#158540 Jan 31, 2013
Bush book: Chapter -21-www.kmf.org/williams/bushb ook/bush21.htmlCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Months after the scandal had died down, and a few weeks before he allegedly ..... The rumors about Mr. Bush were given new life when Dr. Ronald Roskens, the ...
Sandusky Scandal: Expresident Spanier is also linked to Franklin ...www.freerepublic.com/focus/ f-news/2810206/postsCached
Nov 20, 2011 – The Penn State Sandusky scandal is getting weirder by the day.... long time friend and associate Ronald Roskens (former University of ...
Children Under Attack: A Culture of Unpunished Exploitation 1/2 ...politicalgates.blogspot.com /.../children-under-attack-cul ture-of.htmlCached
Dec 8, 2011 – Apparently, Ronald Roskens was also implicated in this scandal. According to an investigator in the Franklin Credit Union Sex Scandal, Gary ...
WEB EXCLUSIVE: The Men who Covered-up for Jerry Sandusky ...americanfreepress.net/?p=53 35Cached
Jul 30, 2012 –... a “long time friend and associate” of Ronald Roskens, the former chancellor ... in Nebraska that came to be known as “The Franklin Scandal.”...
Boy's Town Abuse!www.jesus-is-savior.com/ .../boys_town_abuse.htmCached - Similar
Jan 5, 2011 –'I'm attracted to young people': Shocking details in scandal of ..... 1990, Bush appointed Ronald Roskens of Nebraska to head the Agency for ...
You visited this page.Penn State Sex Scandal ties directly to Franklin Sex Scandal ...www.godlikeproductions.com/ forum1/message1699715/pg4You +1'd this publicly. Undo
30 posts - 6 authors - Nov 11, 2011
Discussion about Penn State Sex Scandal ties directly to Franklin Sex ... Solomon Brothers - Warren Buffett, and Ronald Roskens, the current ...
Get more discussion results
Horror! Children pimped out to rich donors at Penn State?https://lunaticoutpost.c om/Topic-Horror-Children-pimpe d-out-to-rich...Cached
15 posts - 8 authors - Nov 11, 2011
(Franklin Credit Union Child-Sex Scandal) King had been close to Ronald Roskens, former chancellor of the University of Nebraska. Roskens
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158541 Jan 31, 2013
"It appears no one in the unions...the biggest pillar of support for the Obama administration has throughly read The Affordable Care Act: America's labor unions, whose liberal vote every election is instrumental to preserving the outflow side of America's welfare state. As it turns out, it was the same labor unions who enthusiastically supported the primary accomplishment of the Obama administration in the past 4 years, Obamacare, only to realize, long after it has become reality that, surprise, their healthcare plan costs are about to go up. And, as the Wall Street Journal colorfully summarizes, they are now "turning sour."

From WSJ:

Union leaders say many of the law's requirements will drive up the costs for their health-care plans and make unionized workers less competitive. Among other things, the law eliminates the caps on medical benefits and prescription drugs used as cost-containment measures in many health-care plans. It also allows children to stay on their parents' plans until they turn 26.

So what are the Unions' demands to offset what they only now realize will push their overall costs higher? What else: Moar!

To offset that, the nation's largest labor groups want their lower-paid members to be able to get federal insurance subsidies while remaining on their plans. In the law, these subsidies were designed only for low-income workers without employer coverage as a way to help them buy private insurance.

Top officers at the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the AFL-CIO and other large labor groups plan to keep pressing the Obama administration to expand the federal subsidies to these jointly run plans, warning that unionized employers may otherwise drop coverage.

But, but, they can't - that's the whole point, or didn't they read that part too? Doesn't matter - to them it is now unfair, nay "unacceptable":

"We are going back to the administration to say that this is not acceptable," said Ken Hall, general secretary-treasurer for the Teamsters, which has 1.6 million members and dependents in health-care plans. Other unions involved in the push include the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union and Unite Here, which represents service and other workers."

So now that even the unions have understood that Obamacare is one big tax."
===

lol-

Karma for those who listened to Nancy Pelosiovich when she suggested Congress "just pass the bill so we can all find out what's in it."

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Can we say "low information voters?"
YES WE CAN!

San Francisco, CA

#158542 Jan 31, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't split hairs. If people are deported {too bad, so sad} their family can follow. No one is keeping them here against their will.
There are repercussions and consequences for risky, illegal, premediated and ill-advised behaviors. I thought you would have learned that in law school.
You have it wrong.

It's split families, not hairs.

My values and yours are very different.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#158543 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it wrong.
The same value that causes you to have empathy for the reasons that they broke our law (hunger, love for their children, yearning to be free)are the same values that I have that makes me so against a registry of all the mentally ill in our country for whatever purpose. See how that works?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158544 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it wrong.
Our checkbook cannot can't support "your" values.
You want this nation to operate on emotion and as a colossal charity event until everyone elses money runs out and I want to see this nation run like a business.
===

But don't fret. If Phil Mikelson et al make an exodus from CA your taxes will go up higher and YOU can give more of yours away.

We all like Phil out here in normal-land and there are multiple other states in the union who wouldn't punish his success at 60+% and would welcome him with open arms.

San Francisco, CA

#158545 Jan 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The same value that causes you to have empathy for the reasons that they broke our law (hunger, love for their children, yearning to be free)are the same values that I have that makes me so against a registry of all the mentally ill in our country for whatever purpose. See how that works?
Yes, I do.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158546 Jan 31, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, no, not at all. I presumed "unwordy" was supposed to imply, "doesn't use a lot of words". You know as well as I how to use up the character limit;)
:-P I sure do!

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158547 Jan 31, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I thought the same when I was first aware of her impending (alleged) demise. I earned my skeptic badge way back. My radar was up from there, and ultimately tipped me in her favor - I never once saw her use it in any way in discussion - for debate points, for sympathy, for anything. If it was fake, I reasoned, to what purpose if she didn't use it? She also sent me a couple private messages that rang the same bell. Yes, Lord knows I do need to see the wounds, as it were, so I wouldn't bet my house on it, but in total, it did appear real enough.
As for the QB kid, I don't have an opinion except, as the prophet Morrison said, people are strange. It seems so silly I've not looked at it beyond the headlines.
I hadn't been here since November. Just jumped back in a couple days ago 'cos it's so nasty outside and TV sucks, mostly. Glad I got to "see" ya. You'ns take care. Peace. rk
I never thought she did it to gain sympathy but as a way to make her exit from Topix. It is a great way to end a "character" if that is what WIP was. It also would mean she couldn't change her mind and bring it back. With her having been a writer it did make me wonder if WIP was a character or the real deal.

I imagine the lack of football also led to your return. ;)
&#9774; (we'll see if that code works) otherwise Peace to you, Hippy G.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158548 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
I can't see you practicing trial law, Catcher. I have yet to see you present a case other than the typical touchy, feely, weepy stuff....

This juror is {{yawning}}

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#158550 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it wrong.
Couple things, Chaser.

You just said I had an icy heart instead of addressing those issues
regarding ILLEGAL aliens & telling me where I was wrong.

And you didn't say if you want open borders or not. North & South.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158551 Jan 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple things, Chaser.
This whole thing can be summed up in one word for me, enabling. Few in power left or right want to man up and tell people that come to this nation via unlawful entry are causing great harm to the nation. Just as 2 years ago in my own family nobody wanted to tell my wife's brother his drinking was out of control and us enableing it killed him.

San Francisco, CA

#158552 Jan 31, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple things, Chaser.
OK, I didn't mean to insult you.

As I said, I think it's not decent to take people who have been here for many years and throw them out like useless trash. Much less to split up families, throwing out parents and allowing their U.S. born children to stay.

I approve of the proposals that are being made. I would favor a program by which the undocumented aliens would go through a step-by-step process, culminating in citizenship after a long period (without getting ahead of those in line who entered legally or who are waiting abroad for legal entry, and with education regarding our system of government and language). And, as soon as they apply for legal residence, they would have to register in a way that makes them responsible for paying taxes and meeting all other legal obligations of residents.

Border security would have to be part and parcel of the program. I'm talking about the people already here. Everything possible should be done to curtail illegal entry for the future.

What do you think?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158553 Jan 31, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Our checkbook cannot can't support "your" values.
You want this nation to operate on emotion and as a colossal charity event until everyone elses money runs out and I want to see this nation run like a business.
===
But don't fret. If Phil Mikelson et al make an exodus from CA your taxes will go up higher and YOU can give more of yours away.
We all like hil out here in normal-land and there are multiple other states in the union who wouldn't punish his success at 60+% and would welcome him with open arms.
His values will end us. In many ways you can see part of that now. Immigrants of many years ago had a respect you don't see much of now in part becasue politicians have little.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Aquarius-WY 3,107
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 542,587
Next Time Someone Says "HILLARY CLINTON 2016" 5 min Bev Jamison 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min ROCCO 739,585
are alex jones fans retarded? 14 min Bev Jamison 6
Only REAL LOOZERS don't love their mothers who ... 21 min Bev Jamison 2
Do you LOVE 'the Price is Right!' ?? What's you... 23 min Bev Jamison 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min Pegasus 259,526
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 601,093
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••