Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at your post reminds me to remember how thankful I am to the majority of Americans for re-electing our president.
Yes, there's a culture war in place.
Thankfully, those with hearts are leading the ones with ice flowing through their veins.
Don't underestimate my good friend badbob. He DEFINITELY has a heart, and it's actually a pretty big one :) But he is also the sworn enemy of hypocrisy and cant, no matter where--or whom--they might be from. Beneath that clown get-up he wears is that big heart, a keen mind--and a Whack-a-mole Extraordinaire, used on appropriate noggins ;)
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at your post reminds me to remember how thankful I am to the majority of Americans for re-electing our president.
Thankfully, those with hearts are leading the ones with ice flowing through their veins.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to risk telling a little story. I think I was a good clinician but certainly not one tobe written up in the manuals, so my assumption is that most people acted like me. I had a lady with schizophrenia transferred to me from another county where she was on mandatory shots of haldol. They gave her a bad case of tardive dyskenesia. The doctor where I worked wanted to try her on a milder medication and trust her to take it. The lady was motivated to be well, but something told me to keep a close check on her. I saw her in her home so that was easy to do. Sure enough she became very symptomatic and I was able to get her to return to the doctor that gave the shots. We had to be sort of unafraid and willing to take a risk. I just have to support the mental health system we have to some extent. It's not a bad one. Clients know we care and that we're not scared.
If you're taking what I've been saying as criticism of your profession, I'm sorry I gave you that impression.

I know we've done remarkable things for people who used to be institutionalized, and we've improved the quality of most psychiatric hospitals, and I don't want to go back to the bad old days.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In their circumstances, most of us would have done the same.
It's inhuman to break up mothers and their children.
It's inhuman to force young men and women to leave the only country they have ever known, and have to go to a place totally foreign to them.
That's how I see it anyway.
No one who is seriously debating this issue in DC wants to break up mothers from their children......you're spreading false information.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, strike the word inhumane.
Substitute, "uncompassionate."
What I mean is that, if you have a heart, you will empathize.
You won't place the scarlet letter on these people.
<sniffle sniffle>
Would you like to borrow my hankie?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100 percent that border security must be part and parcel of any bill to reform immigration. I don't want to open the floodwaters. I just want to be fair and decent and kind to people who are already here, by what I would call accident of their existence. Fate, life, whatever you call it, has left them in this situation.
Their parents weren't war torn refugees fleeing battle zones, Catcher. Their parents learned the meaning of "anchor babies", heard that the streets here are paved with entitlements, made a conscious decision to skip lawful entry and you want to welcome them with a marching band and get all teary.

You're worse than Boehner.

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Word on high is the economy just tanked further and his ratings went up.

That's one for the psychiatric community to ponder.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then do you want open borders with Canada & Mexico where ANYone can come and go??
Only if they vote democrat. If they were prone to voting republican, Obama would be building something comparable to the Great Wall of China.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assumption would probably be correct. I just kinda stepped back into the thread without having to hash over past posts.
By the way, one of the reasons I decided to play in this muddy pond again after such a long break was because of the story of Manti Te'o's online gf with a story that reminded me so much of WIP. It just seemed so weird that both were online deaths due to cancer and related to Hawaii. I never could quite accept WIP's online tragedy but at the same time if it were true it was really sad. You know me, always the cynic.
Yes, I thought the same when I was first aware of her impending (alleged) demise. I earned my skeptic badge way back. My radar was up from there, and ultimately tipped me in her favor - I never once saw her use it in any way in discussion - for debate points, for sympathy, for anything. If it was fake, I reasoned, to what purpose if she didn't use it? She also sent me a couple private messages that rang the same bell. Yes, Lord knows I do need to see the wounds, as it were, so I wouldn't bet my house on it, but in total, it did appear real enough.

As for the QB kid, I don't have an opinion except, as the prophet Morrison said, people are strange. It seems so silly I've not looked at it beyond the headlines.

I hadn't been here since November. Just jumped back in a couple days ago 'cos it's so nasty outside and TV sucks, mostly. Glad I got to "see" ya. You'ns take care. Peace. rk

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. Are YOU accusing ME of failing to be concise?
Uh, no, not at all. I presumed "unwordy" was supposed to imply, "doesn't use a lot of words". You know as well as I how to use up the character limit;)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No one who is seriously debating this issue in DC wants to break up mothers from their children......you're spreading false information.
It has already been happening.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Word on high is the economy just tanked further and his ratings went up.
That's one for the psychiatric community to ponder.
Not at all.

It just shows that YOU don't get it.

All you care about is the economy, and blaming Obama.

You really should take the blinders off, you might see what the majority of Americans see.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It has already been happening.
Don't split hairs. If people are deported {too bad, so sad} their family can follow. No one is keeping them here against their will.

There are repercussions and consequences for risky, illegal, premediated and ill-advised behaviors. I thought you would have learned that in law school.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
It just shows that YOU don't get it.
All you care about is the economy, and blaming Obama.
You really should take the blinders off, you might see what the majority of Americans see.
Jay Carney is blaming the republicans for the recent "dip" in the economy.
<pause>

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Wloclawek Warrior

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Bush is a hero sub, one made at the deli with rotten meat and as the maker did not use gloves, picked his butt and there is your hero.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Bush book: Chapter -21-www.kmf.org/williams/bushb ook/bush21.htmlCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Months after the scandal had died down, and a few weeks before he allegedly ..... The rumors about Mr. Bush were given new life when Dr. Ronald Roskens, the ...
Sandusky Scandal: Expresident Spanier is also linked to Franklin ...www.freerepublic.com/focus/ f-news/2810206/postsCached
Nov 20, 2011 – The Penn State Sandusky scandal is getting weirder by the day.... long time friend and associate Ronald Roskens (former University of ...
Children Under Attack: A Culture of Unpunished Exploitation 1/2 ...politicalgates.blogspot.com /.../children-under-attack-cul ture-of.htmlCached
Dec 8, 2011 – Apparently, Ronald Roskens was also implicated in this scandal. According to an investigator in the Franklin Credit Union Sex Scandal, Gary ...
WEB EXCLUSIVE: The Men who Covered-up for Jerry Sandusky ...americanfreepress.net/?p=53 35Cached
Jul 30, 2012 –... a “long time friend and associate” of Ronald Roskens, the former chancellor ... in Nebraska that came to be known as “The Franklin Scandal.”...
Boy's Town Abuse!www.jesus-is-savior.com/ .../boys_town_abuse.htmCached - Similar
Jan 5, 2011 –'I'm attracted to young people': Shocking details in scandal of ..... 1990, Bush appointed Ronald Roskens of Nebraska to head the Agency for ...
You visited this page.Penn State Sex Scandal ties directly to Franklin Sex Scandal ...www.godlikeproductions.com/ forum1/message1699715/pg4You +1'd this publicly. Undo
30 posts - 6 authors - Nov 11, 2011
Discussion about Penn State Sex Scandal ties directly to Franklin Sex ... Solomon Brothers - Warren Buffett, and Ronald Roskens, the current ...
Get more discussion results
Horror! Children pimped out to rich donors at Penn State?https://lunaticoutpost.c om/Topic-Horror-Children-pimpe d-out-to-rich...Cached
15 posts - 8 authors - Nov 11, 2011
(Franklin Credit Union Child-Sex Scandal) King had been close to Ronald Roskens, former chancellor of the University of Nebraska. Roskens
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

"It appears no one in the unions...the biggest pillar of support for the Obama administration has throughly read The Affordable Care Act: America's labor unions, whose liberal vote every election is instrumental to preserving the outflow side of America's welfare state. As it turns out, it was the same labor unions who enthusiastically supported the primary accomplishment of the Obama administration in the past 4 years, Obamacare, only to realize, long after it has become reality that, surprise, their healthcare plan costs are about to go up. And, as the Wall Street Journal colorfully summarizes, they are now "turning sour."

From WSJ:

Union leaders say many of the law's requirements will drive up the costs for their health-care plans and make unionized workers less competitive. Among other things, the law eliminates the caps on medical benefits and prescription drugs used as cost-containment measures in many health-care plans. It also allows children to stay on their parents' plans until they turn 26.

So what are the Unions' demands to offset what they only now realize will push their overall costs higher? What else: Moar!

To offset that, the nation's largest labor groups want their lower-paid members to be able to get federal insurance subsidies while remaining on their plans. In the law, these subsidies were designed only for low-income workers without employer coverage as a way to help them buy private insurance.

Top officers at the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the AFL-CIO and other large labor groups plan to keep pressing the Obama administration to expand the federal subsidies to these jointly run plans, warning that unionized employers may otherwise drop coverage.

But, but, they can't - that's the whole point, or didn't they read that part too? Doesn't matter - to them it is now unfair, nay "unacceptable":

"We are going back to the administration to say that this is not acceptable," said Ken Hall, general secretary-treasurer for the Teamsters, which has 1.6 million members and dependents in health-care plans. Other unions involved in the push include the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union and Unite Here, which represents service and other workers."

So now that even the unions have understood that Obamacare is one big tax."
===

lol-

Karma for those who listened to Nancy Pelosiovich when she suggested Congress "just pass the bill so we can all find out what's in it."

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Can we say "low information voters?"
YES WE CAN!

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't split hairs. If people are deported {too bad, so sad} their family can follow. No one is keeping them here against their will.
There are repercussions and consequences for risky, illegal, premediated and ill-advised behaviors. I thought you would have learned that in law school.
You have it wrong.

It's split families, not hairs.

My values and yours are very different.
lisw

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it wrong.
The same value that causes you to have empathy for the reasons that they broke our law (hunger, love for their children, yearning to be free)are the same values that I have that makes me so against a registry of all the mentally ill in our country for whatever purpose. See how that works?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it wrong.
Our checkbook cannot can't support "your" values.
You want this nation to operate on emotion and as a colossal charity event until everyone elses money runs out and I want to see this nation run like a business.
===

But don't fret. If Phil Mikelson et al make an exodus from CA your taxes will go up higher and YOU can give more of yours away.

We all like Phil out here in normal-land and there are multiple other states in the union who wouldn't punish his success at 60+% and would welcome him with open arms.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,661 - 151,680 of171,384
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

582 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 255,572
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min ocxz 114,534
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min andet1987 3,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min curiouslu 715,898
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min New Age Spiritual Leader 598,704
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min June VanDerMark 529,671
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Anon 223,050
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 34 min RiccardoFire 93,137
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Ava 58
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••