Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you're expanding beyond the original question. Contraception as proscribed by the PRAC Act is just birth control pills, not abortion. I'm going to assume you're not aware of the original question, and not just muddying the issue with red-flag trigger issues.
Common birth-control prevents contraception, thus "murder" is not part of the discussion. Please....
You're assumption would probably be correct. I just kinda stepped back into the thread without having to hash over past posts.

By the way, one of the reasons I decided to play in this muddy pond again after such a long break was because of the story of Manti Te'o's online gf with a story that reminded me so much of WIP. It just seemed so weird that both were online deaths due to cancer and related to Hawaii. I never could quite accept WIP's online tragedy but at the same time if it were true it was really sad. You know me, always the cynic.

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I was over the top in my previous post, and I apologize.
And I also take back my over the top comment regarding you being a moron. You are no moron. Cranky old fart is going to stand though. ;)

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Unwordy?
I'm sorry, where are my manners? lisw, meet Pernrider of the High Country.
>grins@Pernie<
Wait a minute. Are YOU accusing ME of failing to be concise?
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
(smiles) I totally understand what you're saying here. The people here, friend and foe (politically speaking), do quite often feel like family while providing a certain amount of anonymity so the gloves can be removed. It is a place to let out that feeling that arises when we watch the news and yell at the TV because they don't represent our point of view. Like I said, fun and dysfunction all in one place!
All you right wing fault, as you bunch bankrupted US financially and morally with your War machines...

Throw the boobtube and Radios shock jocks... out the window ..., good for everyone health in America.

Note not liberal... BWHHAHHAAA

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mary........
I dont drink so its never came up with my accountant and me. Its just something I would never have thought you could deduct.
You are so welcome. I am really impressed you remembered my name!

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
And I also take back my over the top comment regarding you being a moron. You are no moron. Cranky old fart is going to stand though. ;)
Thankyouverymuch....
;-)

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Thankyouverymuch....
;-)
You are quite welcome :) I do hope all is well with you Willie.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In their circumstances, most of us would have done the same.
It's inhuman to break up mothers and their children.
It's inhuman to force young men and women to leave the only country they have ever known, and have to go to a place totally foreign to them.
That's how I see it anyway.
Let's not forget what terrible things humans are capable of before you say something is inhuman. Pretty much any wicked thing you can imagine is able to be perpetrated by humans and even condoned by other humans. We are a sorry lot.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget what terrible things humans are capable of before you say something is inhuman. Pretty much any wicked thing you can imagine is able to be perpetrated by humans and even condoned by other humans. We are a sorry lot.
OK, strike the word inhumane.

Substitute, "uncompassionate."

What I mean is that, if you have a heart, you will empathize.

You won't place the scarlet letter on these people.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I just find it strange the IRS would allow alchohol as a write off. I suppose in Colorado and Washington they can now write off their pot purchases..........
In my case if they were to eliminate business deductions I would have to raise my prices about 80%.
And will the Fed allow tax deductions for marijuana seeds and supplies for growing and distribution in Colorado MJ businesses? A sticky wicket if you ask me. But nobody ever asks me.

Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer 'alive'.
:)
It has a nice ring to it. ;)
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assumption would probably be correct. I just kinda stepped back into the thread without having to hash over past posts.
By the way, one of the reasons I decided to play in this muddy pond again after such a long break was because of the story of Manti Te'o's online gf with a story that reminded me so much of WIP. It just seemed so weird that both were online deaths due to cancer and related to Hawaii. I never could quite accept WIP's online tragedy but at the same time if it were true it was really sad. You know me, always the cynic.
WIP got the fundie Xtain nut cases going alright!
WIP (Writing in Paradise) did from cancer!

RIP WIP!

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
And will the Fed allow tax deductions for marijuana seeds and supplies for growing and distribution in Colorado MJ businesses? A sticky wicket if you ask me. But nobody ever asks me.
The whole thing could drive you to drinking....

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

It's inhuman to force young men and women to leave the only country they have ever known, and have to go to a place totally foreign to them.

Yes, some illegals are here under circumstances with which most people could sympathize. If an old man's wife is in extreme pain and the drugstore is closed, who among us would condemn the old man for breaking in to get his wife the painkiller she needs? But does that mean it's okay for the old man to break the law, or for the illegals to break the law? Besides, many illegals come here with no intention of "building a better life for themselves and/or their children." They come to sell drugs, etc.

I absolutely agree it's inhuman to break up families or send away young people whose parents brought them here as children and have grown up here. When this new immigration bill is finally presented, I hope it will include provisions for dealing with these groups to allow most of them to stay legally, and I'm sure it will. AS LONG AS THE BORDER IS PROPERLY SECURED, putting an end to the flow of illegals coming here, breaking our laws, inhibiting security and using resources meant for legal residents, I'm willing to accept that many who are already here illegally will be permitted to stay.

Securing the border MUST come first. When you want to stop a sink from overflowing, the first thing you do is turn the water off.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I'll add this real quick: I haven't heard the full details of the bill Rubio is working on, and I realize it will undergo numerous revisions, etc. before it finally reaches the Senate floor for voting. But from what I HAVE heard, it sounds like a very workable compromise.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
More bleeding heart bs.

If it was me with a family, I would NOT enter a foreign country illegally. I'd find out about the waiting period to apply for citizenship, then after learning that's a long haul, I'd apply for a work permit after getting at the back of the line. And I'd keep that up to date, so they'd have no reason to hassle me. Pure common sense, nothing more. And I doubt if I'm an isolated case.

If my family was allowed to live with me here while I worked, fine. If not, they'd live in TJ or one of the other border communities until it was time to take the Pledge of Allegiance.

By jumping the border, illegal aliens brought all their woes on themselves over a long period of time.

All US sanctuary cities need to be eliminated immediately, and as I said b4 no entitlements other than CRITICAL medical aid. Scuffed knee or broken finger doesn't qualify.

We don't have the billions of $$ annually to give away to people that should NOT be here (IMO).

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, strike the word inhumane.
Substitute, "uncompassionate."
What I mean is that, if you have a heart, you will empathize.
You won't place the scarlet letter on these people.
Well then do you want open borders with Canada & Mexico where ANYone can come and go??

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, some illegals are here under circumstances with which most people could sympathize. If an old man's wife is in extreme pain and the drugstore is closed, who among us would condemn the old man for breaking in to get his wife the painkiller she needs? But does that mean it's okay for the old man to break the law, or for the illegals to break the law? Besides, many illegals come here with no intention of "building a better life for themselves and/or their children." They come to sell drugs, etc.
I absolutely agree it's inhuman to break up families or send away young people whose parents brought them here as children and have grown up here. When this new immigration bill is finally presented, I hope it will include provisions for dealing with these groups to allow most of them to stay legally, and I'm sure it will. AS LONG AS THE BORDER IS PROPERLY SECURED, putting an end to the flow of illegals coming here, breaking our laws, inhibiting security and using resources meant for legal residents, I'm willing to accept that many who are already here illegally will be permitted to stay.
Securing the border MUST come first. When you want to stop a sink from overflowing, the first thing you do is turn the water off.
I agree with you 100 percent that border security must be part and parcel of any bill to reform immigration. I don't want to open the floodwaters. I just want to be fair and decent and kind to people who are already here, by what I would call accident of their existence. Fate, life, whatever you call it, has left them in this situation.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
More bleeding heart bs.
If it was me with a family, I would NOT enter a foreign country illegally. I'd find out about the waiting period to apply for citizenship, then after learning that's a long haul, I'd apply for a work permit after getting at the back of the line. And I'd keep that up to date, so they'd have no reason to hassle me. Pure common sense, nothing more. And I doubt if I'm an isolated case.
If my family was allowed to live with me here while I worked, fine. If not, they'd live in TJ or one of the other border communities until it was time to take the Pledge of Allegiance.
By jumping the border, illegal aliens brought all their woes on themselves over a long period of time.
All US sanctuary cities need to be eliminated immediately, and as I said b4 no entitlements other than CRITICAL medical aid. Scuffed knee or broken finger doesn't qualify.
We don't have the billions of $$ annually to give away to people that should NOT be here (IMO).
Looking at your post reminds me to remember how thankful I am to the majority of Americans for re-electing our president.

Yes, there's a culture war in place.

Thankfully, those with hearts are leading the ones with ice flowing through their veins.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100 percent that border security must be part and parcel of any bill to reform immigration. I don't want to open the floodwaters. I just want to be fair and decent and kind to people who are already here, by what I would call accident of their existence. Fate, life, whatever you call it, has left them in this situation.
It sounds like we agree on the essentials :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,641 - 151,660 of172,150
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

569 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Joyful8118 719,688
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 min ocxz 114,924
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min WasteWater 256,302
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Oxbow 532,114
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 93,622
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min Neelakaran 4,439
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Buck Crick 223,946
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••