Bush is a hero

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#158576 Jan 31, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Assisting a person or couple who don't want a baby to not do so serves all society, and the cost is minimal.
While I tend to agree with that, how does that justify REQUIRING an employer to provide insurance for abortion or The Pill?

“On a sailing ship to nowhere”

Since: Jun 07

Colorado

#158577 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Prager very well, he has had a radio program here in L.A. for about 20 years. I have no respect for him--he is arrogant, hateful and even bloodthirsty. And he is quite a hypocrite too--do you know anything about his personal life, divorces, affairs? He talks of the need to have a moral compass, but he lost his somewhere along the way.
Now that is the funniest thing I've ever read. Bloodthirsty? Hateful? Hypocrite? You are very judgemental...oh yeah, liberals can be like that and it's okay. Liberals are so tolerant. Unless you disagree with them.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158578 Jan 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is the funniest thing I've ever read. Bloodthirsty? Hateful? Hypocrite? You are very judgemental...oh yeah, liberals can be like that and it's okay. Liberals are so tolerant. Unless you disagree with them.
Are you familiar with Prager?

My distaste for the guy has nothing to do with agreement or disagreement.

It has to do with his character and yes, we judge all the time.

Location hidden

#158579 Jan 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is sad when an employer with a real conviction regarding the loss of human life that happens with abortions and the morning after pill is belittled and bemoaned by anyone. It is nice to see someone take a stand even though it causes them to be regarded with derision. I think it is sad when we no longer respect heartfelt conviction. It is mocked and laughed at instead of valued as integrity. Once we were a nation that valued integrity. Now all we do is argue who has a right to make a moral stand based on whether a company has gone public or takes tax deductions that may make it beholden to the federal government. So from now on, entrepreneurs and business owners with convictions, who want to use incorporation as a way to protect their personal property from risk of loss in a business failure, will have to decide whether they want to take the incorporation plunge and lose their right to freedom of speech/religion? There is something wrong with that.
Well said :)

Colorado

#158580 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am familiar with Prager. He and I don't see eye to eye on certain things but overall I have a lot of respect not only for the man but for his ability to communicate with logic and clarity. His faith system is far different than mine. I can't judge him by mine. I can only judge others who have the same foundation.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158581 Jan 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I heard an interview with the author a couple months back, and to describe the book as 'textbook leftism' is wrong on several levels, unless the book is vastly different than what was described.
The book is a memoir outlining the Marine's efforts to come to terms with what he did in Iraq, not some political statement. To politicize the personal response of this Marine makes as much sense as politicizing whether or not he likes broccoli.
Some things just don't fit into a left/right context, Chris - and the personal reaction to combat is one of them. If I were you I'd ask myself why somebody would choose to do that.
Could be part of a reaction to what happens anytime this nation gets involved in conflict. Everything is political to some extent. Why did most media report on deaths each day during the Bush admin and now they don't? But thats getting off why I listened. Most times I don't and for most of the hour I heard his program (Prager) the talk was on killing and if people thought it was the same as murder. I came into the proram about 10 mins in and he only spoke of the the Marine once.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158582 Jan 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about bloodthirsty, hateful, or hypocritical - but I do know, based on his comments about Cong. Ellison's swearing in on the Koran, he's one ignorant s.o.b.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158583 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Prager very well, he has had a radio program here in L.A. for about 20 years. I have no respect for him--he is arrogant, hateful and even bloodthirsty. And he is quite a hypocrite too--do you know anything about his personal life, divorces, affairs? He talks of the need to have a moral compass, but he lost his somewhere along the way.
I know Bill Clinton very well, he was POTUS for 8 years, a governor before that and now considered to be one of our greatest statesmen, loved the world over. I have no respect for him--he is arrogant, has lied under oath and even been accused of rape. And he is quite a hypocrite too--do you know anything about his personal life, affairs? As our president it's my understanding he was supposed to be the moral compass not only to this country but to the nations across the globe. It turns out he never had a moral compass.

lol-

You make this too easy, Catcher.

Colorado

#158584 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find him to be a hypocrite. I find him to be honest and forthright regarding human relationships. His Male Female Hour is fascinating. I don't agree with his views on divorce or remarriage or what constitutes grounds for divorce.
I have been married one time to the same man for 34 years. I have never had an affair. I have only been with my husband and I waited until I was married before having sex. I am always amazed at the things people will do to fulfill a desire. Why do people allow passions to destroy their lives, careers, friendships and families? I have no idea. People are flawed.
I have every right to judge people based on how they have conducted themselves sexually but I find the more I know the more I don't know. I have to leave that for God.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158586 Jan 31, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be part of a reaction to what happens anytime this nation gets involved in conflict. Everything is political to some extent. Why did most media report on deaths each day during the Bush admin and now they don't? But thats getting off why I listened. Most times I don't and for most of the hour I heard his program (Prager) the talk was on killing and if people thought it was the same as murder. I came into the proram about 10 mins in and he only spoke of the the Marine once.
No, Chris, everything is not political - but you can politicize anything if it serves a purpose, even if that purpose is railing about 'the left' or 'the right.'

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158587 Jan 31, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Bill Clinton very well, he was POTUS for 8 years, a governor before that and now considered to be one of our greatest statesmen, loved the world over. I have no respect for him--he is arrogant, has lied under oath and even been accused of rape. And he is quite a hypocrite too--do you know anything about his personal life, affairs? As our president it's my understanding he was supposed to be the moral compass not only to this country but to the nations across the globe. It turns out he never had a moral compass.
lol-
You make this too easy, Catcher.
I make what too easy?

You are just as entitled to have an opinion of Clinton as I do of Prager. We are in agreement, we have the right to judge people's character.

While we're here. Despite your pessimistic, misanthropic view of the Golden State and its governance, a Public Policy Institute poll released yesterday shows that "optimism reigns." Californians are more optimistic about the future of the state than at any time since before the recession and are giving high marks to Gov. Brown's budgeting approach--higher taxes to balance the budget.

Even a slim majority of Republicans (yes, we do have a few here) gave a thumbs-up to Brown's budget proposals. And there's broad support for increased gun controls and for changes to immigration laws that would allow a path to citizenship.(And as you know, we have more undocumented aliens than any other state!) Oh, and a majority support Obamacare.

And the weather is wonderful, the beaches are gorgeous, the people are friendly.

We will do better here.

Colorado

#158588 Jan 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about bloodthirsty, hateful, or hypocritical - but I do know, based on his comments about Cong. Ellison's swearing in on the Koran, he's one ignorant s.o.b.
So he doesn't have the right to voice his opinion through editorial? You just voiced yours. Ignorant he is not and neither are you. Judgmental? You are both guilty, as am I. It's what we do. It doesn't make it right. We hope to judge men by the content of their character. How do we do that when we are all flawed?

Colorado

#158589 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I make what too easy?
You are just as entitled to have an opinion of Clinton as I do of Prager. We are in agreement, we have the right to judge people's character.
While we're here. Despite your pessimistic, misanthropic view of the Golden State and its governance, a Public Policy Institute poll released yesterday shows that "optimism reigns." Californians are more optimistic about the future of the state than at any time since before the recession and are giving high marks to Gov. Brown's budgeting approach--higher taxes to balance the budget.
Even a slim majority of Republicans (yes, we do have a few here) gave a thumbs-up to Brown's budget proposals. And there's broad support for increased gun controls and for changes to immigration laws that would allow a path to citizenship.(And as you know, we have more undocumented aliens than any other state!) Oh, and a majority support Obamacare.
And the weather is wonderful, the beaches are gorgeous, the people are friendly.
We will do better here.
They haven't been polling any of my relatives and friends then.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Lafayette IN

#158590 Jan 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
So he doesn't have the right to voice his opinion through editorial? You just voiced yours. Ignorant he is not and neither are you. Judgmental? You are both guilty, as am I. It's what we do. It doesn't make it right. We hope to judge men by the content of their character. How do we do that when we are all flawed?
His right to voice his opinion in any way he sees fit is not in question - at least not by me. Don't know why you would even ask me that.

There's a difference between respecting the right to express an opinion and respecting the opinion.

Yes, Pern, I think he is ignorant. I would think the same thing about someone questioning a Jew or a Christian or a member of The Church of God the Utterly Indifferent for swearing in on the Torah, the Bible, or a first edition of The Sirens of Titan signed by Kurt Vonnegut his own self.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158591 Jan 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
They haven't been polling any of my relatives and friends then.
You probably thought Romney was going to win the election, too.

Colorado

#158592 Jan 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you judge a Muslim man for having more than one wife?

When someone makes the claim to being Conservative but he is not an Evangelical Christian, do you then judge him by Evangelical Christian standards? Does someone have to be an evangelical to be Conservative? Would you judge the atheist Conservative by the same standards and if so what would you base that judgment on?

Location hidden

#158593 Jan 31, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the hair! Blue looks great on you.:P So nice to see you still battling and loving on folks at the same time. You have such a gift.
Thanks :) But I'm certainly not the only keyboard warrior here!

I'm still on Facebook, but as you probably know I just don't spend much time there. I often feel kind of guilty about that, but my interests usually lie elsewhere, and I find once I get on Facebook I'm overwhelmed with things I either just don't care about or simply have no time for, or both. I never did figure out how to delete from my Suggested Friends list all those people I've never even heard of :s And Facebook has never answered my questions on how to do that either :P

I tried to post this a couple nights ago, but it wouldn't take. AAARRGH!

Location hidden

#158594 Jan 31, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Dysfunctional is the right word. I've always said I come here to talk politics because I just don't want that to get in the way of friends and family. Funny thing is that the people here feel like family and friends sometimes. I won't tell you what part of the family each one plays.
Well, at least tell us which one you consider the eccentric uncle and which is the family black sheep, come on :P

Colorado

#158595 Jan 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>His right to voice his opinion in any way he sees fit is not in question - at least not by me. Don't know why you would even ask me that.
There's a difference between respecting the right to express an opinion and respecting the opinion.
Yes, Pern, I think he is ignorant. I would think the same thing about someone questioning a Jew or a Christian or a member of The Church of God the Utterly Indifferent for swearing in on the Torah, the Bible, or a first edition of The Sirens of Titan signed by Kurt Vonnegut his own self.
I didn't ask you to respect the opinion. My comments were regarding your judgment of him being an ignorant s.o.b. His opinion doesn't make him ignorant. He took a stand based on his views of American History and tradition. Maybe not thought through to the same conclusions as you would reach but not ignorant. His view is different than yours.

I find it more interesting that you judge him to be an ignorant s.o.b. in all areas based on his opinion in one.

Colorado

#158596 Jan 31, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about bloodthirsty, hateful, or hypocritical - but I do know, based on his comments about Cong. Ellison's swearing in on the Koran, he's one ignorant s.o.b.
Here is the article by Dennis Prager if anyone is interested in what the hubbub is about.
http://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2...

This is the parting shot in the opinion piece, "When all elected officials take their oaths of office with their hands on the very same book, they all affirm that some unifying value system underlies American civilization. If Keith Ellison is allowed to change that, he will be doing more damage to the unity of America and to the value system that has formed this country than the terrorists of 9-11. It is hard to believe that this is the legacy most Muslim Americans want to bequeath to America. But if it is, it is not only Europe that is in trouble."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 100,170
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 39 min RiversideRedneck 980,115
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,273
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 286,455
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 3 hr coco 57
Ring Payments 4 hr annaleighanne 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Peter Ross 445,651
More from around the web