|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see how you're offering anyone any real freedom.
The net effect of what you label 'freedom' is that those who do pay (insurance or medical bills) will continue to supplement those who do not or can not pay.
I'm not 'free' from paying higher premiums charged by my insurance company due to extra costs passed on by providers - costs attributable to losses from those who do not or can not pay yet still receive treatment.
Whatever will be, will be....

I remember my father telling me that when he was serving in WW11 he asked someone to radio in for a couple of tanks at a particularly difficult moment in Germany and the US Army sent him a couple of mules by mistake.
===
Anytime you hand the government more power than necessary you risk a loss to freedom and anytime the masses look adoringly at a figurehead instead of taking him to task and making him accountable, it makes me nervous.
Have you observed the way obama's adoring media tosses him nerf ball questions? Makes me wanna toss my cookies.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't answer the question - but you know that.
You are particularly good at asking finely crafted questions which will inch by inch eventually get your opponent off their original point.

I am particularly good at not falling for it.

It seems we're at an impasse.

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember my father telling me that when he was serving in WW11 he asked someone to radio in for a couple of tanks at a particularly difficult moment in Germany and the US Army sent him a couple of mules by mistake.
===
Anytime you hand the government more power than necessary you risk a loss to freedom and anytime the masses look adoringly at a figurehead instead of taking him to task and making him accountable, it makes me nervous.
Have you observed the way obama's adoring media tosses him nerf ball questions? Makes me wanna toss my cookies.
Okay, then.
Roberta G

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

It's so wonderful to see you kids playing nicely together ;)
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
===
Yep. Its sad the 60 min interview of last week and where they once stood a very long time ago. From softball to outright worship with people like Christi Parsons.

http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/2012/1...

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are particularly good at asking finely crafted questions which will inch by inch eventually get your opponent off their original point.
I don't think that's true, Lyndi, although it's certainly a convenient dodge.

I'm hoping for a discussion in a little more depth, that's all. I'm not really interested in merely exchanging sound bytes.

I think the NRA is relevant to a conversation about enforcing existing gun laws, which makes your lemming retort a red herring (and maybe a bit ironic).

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>As I understand it, the IRS doesn't allow anyone to deduct 100% of anything. Business dinners do fall under 'expenses', however, and one can deduct up to 50% of those, apparently.
As a self-employed person, I pay higher taxes (percentage wise) than I do as an employee. When I file my taxes, however, I don't itemize, and I don't take deductions for expenses of my business; mainly, because that money is a supplement to my employment income, and I don't make enough for expense deductions to offset my tax liability. In other words, if I don't utilize deductions, I qualify for a refund of some of my tax payments, because my taxable income is higher that way.
The tax code is weird.
I just find it strange the IRS would allow alchohol as a write off. I suppose in Colorado and Washington they can now write off their pot purchases..........

In my case if they were to eliminate business deductions I would have to raise my prices about 80%.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is sad when an employer with a real conviction regarding the loss of human life that happens with abortions and the morning after pill is belittled and bemoaned by anyone. It is nice to see someone take a stand even though it causes them to be regarded with derision. I think it is sad when we no longer respect heartfelt conviction. It is mocked and laughed at instead of valued as integrity. Once we were a nation that valued integrity. Now all we do is argue who has a right to make a moral stand based on whether a company has gone public or takes tax deductions that may make it beholden to the federal government. So from now on, entrepreneurs and business owners with convictions, who want to use incorporation as a way to protect their personal property from risk of loss in a business failure, will have to decide whether they want to take the incorporation plunge and lose their right to freedom of speech/religion? There is something wrong with that.
Incorporation is not good enough and nor effective in protecting ones Assets, and the Sarbox Act, the US macroeconomic global wars ... as this have imoact more and more This pass couple years on the AMerican Affluent class as many leaving the Militaristic US (all Right Wing fault ) for better pastures, and to the renouncing thier US citizenship...
ADD insult to Injury for the US dysfunctional USCIS policy also have graVe Impact on Professional Immigrants(From China, india...) these are one with Science/Tech background/ Entrepreuners,as millions disenchanted with US treating them as secondary class people and they going home in droves , these Professional Immigrants are closing Companies, and result in no more/fewer Spinoff of Immigrant high tech companies and means no US Technical MAnufacturing Startup... going home because of US Racism, glass Ceiling, US marketing innocence Immigrants as terrorists, US wars on their nation, the US violence and crime, corrupted/gready US leaders etc., most due to the US Right wings fault that bankrupted America financially and Morally , this past few decades you war mongering US radical right wing imbeciles with your US war machimes... had give bad name in world community , they see US as untrustworthy = already 179 nations had giving US the big middle finger.
U radical right wing US NeoCons, Right WING rADIO sHOCk Jocks, right Wing Christain coalition, Us military Industrail Complex... in few decades had bankrupted US financially and morally, and had incited growth and rollback enemies worldwide because of our Militaristic US Imperialism had ruined many nations.
There goes the country. PAradoxically Ironic! Cry or laugh? you know me! MWBHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA You should be ashame of yourself you Anti-American, Anti-Immigrants, Anti-world, Anti-peace, Anti-civil liberty, Anti-human rights, Anti-humanity, Anti-social, Anti-moral... ON AND ON You worst than liberals!
BWHHAHAHHAHHHAaaa So, what you say CONservatives, i forgot very few exisy, you are the lowly war mongering NEo-conservative and/or NEo- MAltusians fruitcakes
Sorry , i'm not a liberal...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
It's so wonderful to see you kids playing nicely together ;)
You must be a bad baby! BQBAHAHAHAHAHAAA

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying if the NRA is a thorn in the side of big government, that pleases me.
Exactly, You don't want to know (speaking again of alemming mindset). If that's the totality of your stance (and you've had ample room to elaborate beyond amusing yourself with lame witticisms) then you are an enabler in the continued violence and inability to improve on the conditions that allow it to happen.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no tax expert but I found this:
The IRS will not allow a deduction for “lavish or extravagant” expenses. An expense is not considered lavish or extravagant if it is reasonable based on the facts and circumstances.
http://www.taxgirl.com/ask-the-taxgirl-deduct...
Thanks Mary........

I dont drink so its never came up with my accountant and me. Its just something I would never have thought you could deduct.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
===
It all your radical right wing fault, you and your US war machines this past few decades had financially and morally bankrupted US and ruined world livelihood with your War machines. You war mongering baboon! WHAHHHHAHAAH Look like war mongering Big bad bob the the black Knight will come out to protect yo the dumb damsel in distress again! BWAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>

OK you are funny, sometimes. Looks more like you've just realized that blurting out pissy darts like a drab Limbaugh impersonator with Tourette's is a lot easier than actually discussing an issue with a substantive rebuttal. Thankfully the majority of voters, inc. Republicans, are tired of it, at least for a spell. Ya'll had a good run tho'.......
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, You don't want to know (speaking again of alemming mindset). If that's the totality of your stance (and you've had ample room to elaborate beyond amusing yourself with lame witticisms) then you are an enabler in the continued violence and inability to improve on the conditions that allow it to happen.
Are you one of those people who wish we hadn't dropped the big one on Hiroshima?

Ba-BOOM!
===

Remember that little map of gun owners the newspaper printed? How many of those people have committed an act of violence?
I'll wait.

Tell you what. You get the gangs off the streets and go get their guns and I'll revisit this topic.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice to be wealthy if you're Warren Buffet, Al Gore-Jezeera or Bill Gates but if you're name is Mitt Romney and you're getting a little too close to the Oval Office, "you're a tax evader and we shall destroy you......." Well done! The Obama crushing machine did a hell of a job.
Moving on..........
====
The magic of the liberals is to impose more laws and restrictions and make it look as though they care more for people than the republicans.
Tell us how much salt we should consume, tell us what size drinks we should drink, control what we buying, control the schools and the lunches they provide. Control purchases --> aka "gun control" all the while pretending it will have an effect on crime. It isn't about crime, it's about control. The horrible actions of a few were the springboard for the dems to punish and take away guns from the majority who are the law abiding responsible citizens. It's all smoke and mirrors. It's all about power, Catcher. If they can control what people own and consume & take as much as you can from them in the form of taxes, you control the masses.
It's all about power and you are one of those weepy liberals who think democrats are the giving, caring party. Think it through. Study their actions and check the outcomes. Your party wants as much control over the people and their behavior as they can possibly get.
I can imagine the shock on the face of a 60 year old cigarette smoker when the Obama healthcare plan he looks forward to, imposes a $5000.00 PER YEAR surcharge because the daddy government doesn't like that he smokes. Wait until they get involved in what people weigh. And head injuries in an American pastime.... we can't have that. Let's get them to run the NFL too.
The daddy government disapproves and doesn't think people have the sense to know how to behave and since "you don't know how to behave we're going to corral all of you and MAKE you behave."
The immigration issue runs along the same lines. Be the party who gives them amnesty and you'll own their vote and you'll own the underclass and you'll hold the office which will keep you in POWER.
And it all in the house that the libs built.......
Rise and shine, Catcher!
Very disappointing, Lyndi, especially coming at the heels of my post expressing respect. As for the immigration issue, I guess you're taking issue with the Republicans who participate in the bipartisan Senate proposal? And moving to the beginning of your post, you attribute Romney's loss to a crushing machine? I see it as a rejection of the Republican platform--you lost the youth, the women, the Blacks, Hispanics--a disaster of a strategy and a very unattractive candidate.

As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry, but honestly it's no more than a paranoid diatribe, verging on the delusional and swatting at minutiae.(Drink size? Head injuries? Smokers' rights?) On the really, really important issues, it's the Republicans who seek control over our private lives, and are intent on taking away our civil liberties: Women's reproductive rights; marriage equality; privacy in our bedrooms and homes.

Sorry, but as I see it you are losing your bearings at this point.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Frank Lowy-- Lowy, a Czechoslovakia born Jew, was the owner of Westfield America, one of the biggest shopping mall conglomerates in the world. Lowy leased the shopping concourse area called the Mall at the World Trade Center, made up of approximately 427,000 square feet of retail floor space. Frank Lowy has quite an interesting history. He was a member of the Golani Brigade, and fought in the Israeli war of independence. Before this he was a member of Hagganah, a Jewish terrorist organization. Frank Lowy spends three months of the year at his home in Israel and has been described by the Sydney Morning Herald as "a self-made man with a strong interest in the Holocaust and Israeli politics." He funded and launched the Israeli Institute for National Strategy and Policy, which will "operate within the framework of Tel Aviv University" in Israel. He is also close friends with many top Israeli officials such as Ehud Olmert, Ariel Sharon, Bibi Netanyahu, and Ehud Barak. He was also implicated in an Israeli Bank Scandal with Olmert. Frank Lowy steered clear of the WTC on 9/11.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of those people who wish we hadn't dropped the big one on Hiroshima?
Ba-BOOM!

I'm sure you've already assigned me the answer so let me know, some time when it's relevant. I'll wait.
===
Remember that little map of gun owners the newspaper printed? How many of those people have committed an act of violence?
I'll wait.
Tell you what. You get the gangs off the streets and go get their guns and I'll revisit this topic.
Tell you what. If that's your #1 priority in all this, give me any and all resources to do so, back me up when the doomsayers bitch about "mah rahts", and we'll give it a whirl. Ready?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you what. If that's your #1 priority in all this, give me any and all resources to do so, back me up when the doomsayers bitch about "mah rahts", and we'll give it a whirl. Ready?
You think guns are the problem and I think gun violence is the symptom of a problem.
We'll never see eye to eye on this. But go after the guns. Knock on the doors of every law abiding citizen and tell them what they can and cannot own..... You're too entrenched in the government knows best philosophy to think on your own.

Too bad the jews didn't own guns en masse in Hitler's Germany.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very disappointing, Lyndi, especially coming at the heels of my post expressing respect. As for the immigration issue, I guess you're taking issue with the Republicans who participate in the bipartisan Senate proposal? And moving to the beginning of your post, you attribute Romney's loss to a crushing machine? I see it as a rejection of the Republican platform--you lost the youth, the women, the Blacks, Hispanics--a disaster of a strategy and a very unattractive candidate.
As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry, but honestly it's no more than a paranoid diatribe, verging on the delusional and swatting at minutiae.(Drink size? Head injuries? Smokers' rights?) On the really, really important issues, it's the Republicans who seek control over our private lives, and are intent on taking away our civil liberties: Women's reproductive rights; marriage equality; privacy in our bedrooms and homes.
Sorry, but as I see it you are losing your bearings at this point.
You are mistaken Catcher if you think your being disappointed in me is remotely offensive. You keep marching in your "I love the government and isn't Obama awesome" dog and pony show.

This girl is way too much of an independant thinker for that nonsense. I prefer tailored clothing to that one size fits all uniform you libs prefer....

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You think guns are the problem and I think gun violence is the symptom of a problem.
We'll never see eye to eye on this. But go after the guns. Knock on the doors of every law abiding citizen and tell them what they can and cannot own..... You're too entrenched in the government knows best philosophy to think on your own.
Too bad the jews didn't own guns en masse in Hitler's Germany.
That's the thing, Lyndi. You haven't asked me my views on the matter, you've assumed them throughout, and retorted accordingly. You're extremely close-minded that way. But funny as a bug on it's back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,601 - 151,620 of168,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

662 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min BenAdam 596,556
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Truth 512,178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min BenAdam 680,239
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min sweets2360 217,042
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min Dang It 109,597
Homosexuals are the shame of their families 21 min davy 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min This_is_America 250,396
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 48 min dave 252
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 11 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••