Bush is a hero

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#158456 Jan 30, 2013
Pernrider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no tax expert but I found this:
The IRS will not allow a deduction for “lavish or extravagant” expenses. An expense is not considered lavish or extravagant if it is reasonable based on the facts and circumstances.
http://www.taxgirl.com/ask-the-taxgirl-deduct...
Thanks Mary........

I dont drink so its never came up with my accountant and me. Its just something I would never have thought you could deduct.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#158458 Jan 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever will be, will be....
I remember my father telling me that when he was serving in WW11 he asked someone to radio in for a couple of tanks at a particularly difficult moment in Germany and the US Army sent him a couple of mules by mistake.
===
Anytime you hand the government more power than necessary you risk a loss to freedom and anytime the masses look adoringly at a figurehead instead of taking him to task and making him accountable, it makes me nervous.
Have you observed the way obama's adoring media tosses him nerf ball questions? Makes me wanna toss my cookies.
It all your radical right wing fault, you and your US war machines this past few decades had financially and morally bankrupted US and ruined world livelihood with your War machines. You war mongering baboon! WHAHHHHAHAAH Look like war mongering Big bad bob the the black Knight will come out to protect yo the dumb damsel in distress again! BWAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHA

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158459 Jan 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are particularly good at asking finely crafted questions which will inch by inch eventually get your opponent off their original point.

I am particularly good at not falling for it.

It seems we're at an impasse.
OK you are funny, sometimes. Looks more like you've just realized that blurting out pissy darts like a drab Limbaugh impersonator with Tourette's is a lot easier than actually discussing an issue with a substantive rebuttal. Thankfully the majority of voters, inc. Republicans, are tired of it, at least for a spell. Ya'll had a good run tho'.......
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158460 Jan 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, You don't want to know (speaking again of alemming mindset). If that's the totality of your stance (and you've had ample room to elaborate beyond amusing yourself with lame witticisms) then you are an enabler in the continued violence and inability to improve on the conditions that allow it to happen.
Are you one of those people who wish we hadn't dropped the big one on Hiroshima?

Ba-BOOM!
===

Remember that little map of gun owners the newspaper printed? How many of those people have committed an act of violence?
I'll wait.

Tell you what. You get the gangs off the streets and go get their guns and I'll revisit this topic.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#158462 Jan 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice to be wealthy if you're Warren Buffet, Al Gore-Jezeera or Bill Gates but if you're name is Mitt Romney and you're getting a little too close to the Oval Office, "you're a tax evader and we shall destroy you......." Well done! The Obama crushing machine did a hell of a job.
Moving on..........
====
The magic of the liberals is to impose more laws and restrictions and make it look as though they care more for people than the republicans.
Tell us how much salt we should consume, tell us what size drinks we should drink, control what we buying, control the schools and the lunches they provide. Control purchases --> aka "gun control" all the while pretending it will have an effect on crime. It isn't about crime, it's about control. The horrible actions of a few were the springboard for the dems to punish and take away guns from the majority who are the law abiding responsible citizens. It's all smoke and mirrors. It's all about power, Catcher. If they can control what people own and consume & take as much as you can from them in the form of taxes, you control the masses.
It's all about power and you are one of those weepy liberals who think democrats are the giving, caring party. Think it through. Study their actions and check the outcomes. Your party wants as much control over the people and their behavior as they can possibly get.
I can imagine the shock on the face of a 60 year old cigarette smoker when the Obama healthcare plan he looks forward to, imposes a $5000.00 PER YEAR surcharge because the daddy government doesn't like that he smokes. Wait until they get involved in what people weigh. And head injuries in an American pastime.... we can't have that. Let's get them to run the NFL too.
The daddy government disapproves and doesn't think people have the sense to know how to behave and since "you don't know how to behave we're going to corral all of you and MAKE you behave."
The immigration issue runs along the same lines. Be the party who gives them amnesty and you'll own their vote and you'll own the underclass and you'll hold the office which will keep you in POWER.
And it all in the house that the libs built.......
Rise and shine, Catcher!
Very disappointing, Lyndi, especially coming at the heels of my post expressing respect. As for the immigration issue, I guess you're taking issue with the Republicans who participate in the bipartisan Senate proposal? And moving to the beginning of your post, you attribute Romney's loss to a crushing machine? I see it as a rejection of the Republican platform--you lost the youth, the women, the Blacks, Hispanics--a disaster of a strategy and a very unattractive candidate.

As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry, but honestly it's no more than a paranoid diatribe, verging on the delusional and swatting at minutiae.(Drink size? Head injuries? Smokers' rights?) On the really, really important issues, it's the Republicans who seek control over our private lives, and are intent on taking away our civil liberties: Women's reproductive rights; marriage equality; privacy in our bedrooms and homes.

Sorry, but as I see it you are losing your bearings at this point.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#158463 Jan 30, 2013
Frank Lowy-- Lowy, a Czechoslovakia born Jew, was the owner of Westfield America, one of the biggest shopping mall conglomerates in the world. Lowy leased the shopping concourse area called the Mall at the World Trade Center, made up of approximately 427,000 square feet of retail floor space. Frank Lowy has quite an interesting history. He was a member of the Golani Brigade, and fought in the Israeli war of independence. Before this he was a member of Hagganah, a Jewish terrorist organization. Frank Lowy spends three months of the year at his home in Israel and has been described by the Sydney Morning Herald as "a self-made man with a strong interest in the Holocaust and Israeli politics." He funded and launched the Israeli Institute for National Strategy and Policy, which will "operate within the framework of Tel Aviv University" in Israel. He is also close friends with many top Israeli officials such as Ehud Olmert, Ariel Sharon, Bibi Netanyahu, and Ehud Barak. He was also implicated in an Israeli Bank Scandal with Olmert. Frank Lowy steered clear of the WTC on 9/11.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158464 Jan 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of those people who wish we hadn't dropped the big one on Hiroshima?
Ba-BOOM!

I'm sure you've already assigned me the answer so let me know, some time when it's relevant. I'll wait.
===
Remember that little map of gun owners the newspaper printed? How many of those people have committed an act of violence?
I'll wait.
Tell you what. You get the gangs off the streets and go get their guns and I'll revisit this topic.
Tell you what. If that's your #1 priority in all this, give me any and all resources to do so, back me up when the doomsayers bitch about "mah rahts", and we'll give it a whirl. Ready?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158465 Jan 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Tell you what. If that's your #1 priority in all this, give me any and all resources to do so, back me up when the doomsayers bitch about "mah rahts", and we'll give it a whirl. Ready?
You think guns are the problem and I think gun violence is the symptom of a problem.
We'll never see eye to eye on this. But go after the guns. Knock on the doors of every law abiding citizen and tell them what they can and cannot own..... You're too entrenched in the government knows best philosophy to think on your own.

Too bad the jews didn't own guns en masse in Hitler's Germany.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158466 Jan 30, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very disappointing, Lyndi, especially coming at the heels of my post expressing respect. As for the immigration issue, I guess you're taking issue with the Republicans who participate in the bipartisan Senate proposal? And moving to the beginning of your post, you attribute Romney's loss to a crushing machine? I see it as a rejection of the Republican platform--you lost the youth, the women, the Blacks, Hispanics--a disaster of a strategy and a very unattractive candidate.
As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry, but honestly it's no more than a paranoid diatribe, verging on the delusional and swatting at minutiae.(Drink size? Head injuries? Smokers' rights?) On the really, really important issues, it's the Republicans who seek control over our private lives, and are intent on taking away our civil liberties: Women's reproductive rights; marriage equality; privacy in our bedrooms and homes.
Sorry, but as I see it you are losing your bearings at this point.
You are mistaken Catcher if you think your being disappointed in me is remotely offensive. You keep marching in your "I love the government and isn't Obama awesome" dog and pony show.

This girl is way too much of an independant thinker for that nonsense. I prefer tailored clothing to that one size fits all uniform you libs prefer....

“The future begins”

every moment

#158467 Jan 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You think guns are the problem and I think gun violence is the symptom of a problem.
We'll never see eye to eye on this. But go after the guns. Knock on the doors of every law abiding citizen and tell them what they can and cannot own..... You're too entrenched in the government knows best philosophy to think on your own.
Too bad the jews didn't own guns en masse in Hitler's Germany.
That's the thing, Lyndi. You haven't asked me my views on the matter, you've assumed them throughout, and retorted accordingly. You're extremely close-minded that way. But funny as a bug on it's back.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158468 Jan 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>That's the thing, Lyndi. You haven't asked me my views on the matter, you've assumed them throughout, and retorted accordingly. You're extremely close-minded that way. But funny as a bug on it's back.
When I see a bug on it's back I turn him over and allow him to go on his way.....
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158469 Jan 30, 2013
A Marine vet's letter to Sen Feinstein
January 2nd, 2013

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158470 Jan 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>That's the thing, Lyndi. You haven't asked me my views on the matter, you've assumed them throughout, and retorted accordingly. You're extremely close-minded that way. But funny as a bug on it's back.
There it is. Dare to disagree and you are a closed minded bla bla bla bla bla. Pointless. Even though I know you are a gun owner imo you crap speaks for itself when you posted that Lyndi and let me quote you "...then you are an enabler in the continued violence and inability to improve on the conditions that allow it to happen. " If that is the biggest load of crap I've seen in a long long time.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158471 Jan 30, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
A Marine vet's letter to Sen Feinstein
January 2nd, 2013
Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012
Well said Cpl! Every word. My friend that owns quite a few guns has told me he will have no problem being a criminal if thats what it takes to be free in this nation soon. He cares far to much for his family. Good thing for him he lives in a state where even many local leo will tell the fed gov to go right to hell. Btw it didn't take the flake libs to go crazy of this sheriff.

Wis. Sheriff Who Encouraged Residents to Arm Themselves Takes On Anti-Gun Piers Morgan

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/29/wi...
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#158472 Jan 30, 2013
I wanted to let you know Willie that I've een giving the registry for guns a lieele more thought in terms of a solution rather than what I "don't" want to see happen. When hiring for financial institutions or checking to see if you are a good insurance risk there are several things checked. The end result is a score that qualifies you for the insurance or job or not. Noone including the prospecive insurer or employer knows what made up that score. I think this might work for gun ownership. A person could be scored for mental health issues,(low score for serious higher for less serious) history of drug abuse, criminal record etc. and the score would either qualify them or not to own a gun. Noone would know why not even the applicant if they were turned down. I still don't like it because to me drug abuse and criminal history are not the same as mental illness but it would be less of an issue to get help. And yes that help should be readily available, comprehensive and appropriate. I'm not sure why you think drugs are overused. Things like bipolar and schizophrenia are not responsive to psychotherapy without the drugs. Drugs are definitely overused for ADHD but then it is overdiagnosed as is autism.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#158473 Jan 30, 2013
PS. Yes Kathryn I see I misspelled some words but I acknowledge that and it is not because I don't know how to spell them. It is merely a case of fingers on the wrong keys. Thanks in advance.
lisw

Sardinia, OH

#158474 Jan 30, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mary........
I dont drink so its never came up with my accountant and me. Its just something I would never have thought you could deduct.
I think those things got taken care of a long time ago but I can't put my finger or when or by whom. I do recall that companies wined and dined clients often with including in the health care business. Nursing homes did lavish entertaining of referral sources. That is not done any more and hasn't been for about 20 years.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158475 Jan 30, 2013
lisw wrote:
I wanted to let you know Willie that I've een giving the registry for guns a lieele more thought in terms of a solution rather than what I "don't" want to see happen. When hiring for financial institutions or checking to see if you are a good insurance risk there are several things checked. The end result is a score that qualifies you for the insurance or job or not. Noone including the prospecive insurer or employer knows what made up that score. I think this might work for gun ownership. A person could be scored for mental health issues,(low score for serious higher for less serious) history of drug abuse, criminal record etc. and the score would either qualify them or not to own a gun. Noone would know why not even the applicant if they were turned down. I still don't like it because to me drug abuse and criminal history are not the same as mental illness but it would be less of an issue to get help. And yes that help should be readily available, comprehensive and appropriate. I'm not sure why you think drugs are overused. Things like bipolar and schizophrenia are not responsive to psychotherapy without the drugs. Drugs are definitely overused for ADHD but then it is overdiagnosed as is autism.
I wouldn't say I 'like' the idea of such a registry, but I think it's a necessary evil. I also think the necessary privacy protections can be put in place.

Maybe overused is the wrong term, because I don't mean 'used instead of therapy'; over-reliance may be a better way of putting it. In the case of individuals with a history of violent behavior, we too often rely on drugs and depend on the patient to take them without adequate monitoring.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158476 Jan 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is. Dare to disagree and you are a closed minded bla bla bla bla bla. Pointless. Even though I know you are a gun owner imo you crap speaks for itself when you posted that Lyndi and let me quote you "...then you are an enabler in the continued violence and inability to improve on the conditions that allow it to happen. " If that is the biggest load of crap I've seen in a long long time.
You selectively picked the words to create the point you want to make, and left out the rest. Well done. Auditioning as speechwriter for Beck?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158477 Jan 30, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You selectively picked the words to create the point you want to make, and left out the rest. Well done. Auditioning as speechwriter for Beck?
This from a guy that does it countless times. Right on cue. Does your hypocrisy have an end?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min HipGnosis 3,922
12 Ways For Effective Google Marketing Strategies 6 min Raylin Sutter 2
Convert MXF videos to MP4 format for YouTube, i... (Mar '12) 7 min maryannie 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Turkey 879,914
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min Robert F 603,315
Firearms: America's 'savior'....America's 'curse' 48 min Doctor REALITY 1
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 1 hr nirmal 233
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr janeebee 8,249
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 11 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web