“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#158256 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see any question in Lyndi's post #158208, other than the rhetorical first sentence, which was not intended as a question requiring a response.
In any case, never mind. I will accept your copout. I didn't think you'd be able to give an answer to my question, and I was right.
Hrumph. The answer to your question was not difficult, so you are NOT right, you are dead wrong! But so gracious of you (mr cop-out)
to accept what you call my COP-OUT.

And apparently you don't read very well. I didn't say Lyndi posted "questions". I said you failed to answer Lyndi's msg #158208. Well, except for the cop-out reply which got us here in the 1st place.

But all these issues must be uncomfortable for you to reply to, because with all the time you've taken dodging, dancing and ignoring, you could've simply responded with a civil reply. Or does Lyndi no longer deserve such a reply from you any more? IIRC, you came in here looking for her, because you missed her exchanges on that other thread.

You claimed that you respected her opinions even though they didn't agree with yours. So has that changed or not? It's a simple answer yes or no? If no, then the least you could do is respond as the gentleman you purport to be, no matter what opinion you place on her msg #158208. And no matter what any other poster's opinion is, of that msg.

Assign numbers to those issues and answer them one by one like ya should'a done long ago. Or is that too much to ask, SIR!

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158257 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Again twisting what I am saying. You don't know what is available in mental health care so you don't know what you're talking about.
Is there anyone besides you who offers an opinion on an issue related to mental health who knows what they're talking about, lisw?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158258 Jan 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Is there anyone besides you who offers an opinion on an issue related to mental health who knows what they're talking about, lisw?
There it is. That recurring issue was noted as well, but I thought it best to address one issue at a time......

“The future begins”

every moment

#158259 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Let me give you an example so you might understand what I am saying. There are many wonderful over the counter remedies for acid reflux. An insurance company wants you to avail yourself of these plus practice good health choices like avoiding tobacco, alcohol and high acid foods before they pay for expensive brand name medications like nexium. Luckily birth control is not expensive even if it is prescribed, but there are lots of over the counter options. Do I think people have more control over birth control than they do over mental illness. Why yes!
I can say with almost 100% certainty that if you have ongoing health coverage, and you visit the doctor for acid reflux, and the doctor prescribes Nexium, the insurance will pay for a generic at the least, minus the co-pay. The doctor will not send you away and ask you to consult your insurance company for alternative treatments first.

No doubt I'm twisting your words again.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#158260 Jan 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>The crucial question is whether the Senate put together a bill that will survive in the House.
Exactly. There will be Republican realists, and Republicans that will stick to their 19th Century "principles," as they call them. They will engage in internal discord publicly and at their peril.

Long Beach, CA

#158261 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>But you see what the committee is actually talking about and what gets presented to the senate for a vote are often two different things. What is being talked about right now, a path to citizenship, though somewhat difficult is wonderful, but I suspect that it will not be what Obama wants, maybe for the reason Roberta states, he wants the limelight and the final say or because he thinks the path should be easy. Or a third caveat, Reid doesn't like it for whatever political reason. Reasonableness seems to lose it's strength.
I have always been for a pathway to citizenship. If it is difficult enough the ones who are truly motivated to be americans will stay and the ones who aren't won't.
It makes no sense to punish people for coming here illegally, I'd have done it too, but we need to make it right.
Good for you. I didn't expect this from you, and I respect you for it.

Long Beach, CA

#158262 Jan 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hrumph. The answer to your question was not difficult, so you are NOT right, you are dead wrong! But so gracious of you (mr cop-out)
to accept what you call my COP-OUT.
And apparently you don't read very well. I didn't say Lyndi posted "questions". I said you failed to answer Lyndi's msg #158208. Well, except for the cop-out reply which got us here in the 1st place.
But all these issues must be uncomfortable for you to reply to, because with all the time you've taken dodging, dancing and ignoring, you could've simply responded with a civil reply. Or does Lyndi no longer deserve such a reply from you any more? IIRC, you came in here looking for her, because you missed her exchanges on that other thread.
You claimed that you respected her opinions even though they didn't agree with yours. So has that changed or not? It's a simple answer yes or no? If no, then the least you could do is respond as the gentleman you purport to be, no matter what opinion you place on her msg #158208. And no matter what any other poster's opinion is, of that msg.
Assign numbers to those issues and answer them one by one like ya should'a done long ago. Or is that too much to ask, SIR!
The answer is that my respect for Lyndi's opinions, and for her intellect, is the same as it was at the start. Lyndi is no dummy, and she expresses herself very well, probably better than 95% of the posters I have encountered on Topix.

Lyndi and I have gone over the issues, we know where we disagree. If questions are asked, I will answer. Otherwise I will share opinions but don't feel obligated to debate each point, each time.

So tell us. What do you think of the "pathway to citizenship" bipartisan proposal for undocumented immigrants?

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#158263 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. There will be Republican realists, and Republicans that will stick to their 19th Century "principles," as they call them. They will engage in internal discord publicly and at their peril.
If a reasonable bill comes out of the Senate, it remains to be seen if the House leadership can lead or continue to be driven by the extremes the way they are on fiscal issues.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#158264 Jan 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Is there anyone besides you who offers an opinion on an issue related to mental health who knows what they're talking about, lisw?
I humbly believe that I know more about mental health than you or Hipgnosis and that you know more about the law and mechanics than I do. There is a very intricate network of free and low cost mental health to all citizens. I know you and others want to say that noone can get help but it just isn't true. I know this because I worked in it. It's like me saying that I can't get any legal help because I can't afford a lawyer. That's not true is it? Now legal help is not even one tenth as available as mental health care and alcohol/drug treatment but it would be wrong of me to say it doesn't exist.
On top of that the great PP is there for help in reproductive help. Like anything else if you can afford it PP isn't free.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#158265 Jan 28, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I can say with almost 100% certainty that if you have ongoing health coverage, and you visit the doctor for acid reflux, and the doctor prescribes Nexium, the insurance will pay for a generic at the least, minus the co-pay. The doctor will not send you away and ask you to consult your insurance company for alternative treatments first.
No doubt I'm twisting your words again.
No you're not twisting my words this time but you are wrong. It's not the doctor who send you away it is the insurance company that turns you away until you have tried the alternatives. No generic for many drugs. No generic for Nexium.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#158266 Jan 28, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Back up. You said that the government should have no input when the issue is only a person harming themselves. Your words. There is no twist. The post is only a couple pages back. Now when I respond to your words, you crawfish and try and accuse me. If you didn't write what you meant, that ain't on me. If you want to rework your words after seeing them in a fuller light, that's cool, but that ain't on me either. In either case, shepherd your own words, don't take the easy route of accusing others of "twisting" them when they haven't done so. Super-Secret Debate Suggestion - think through all the possible responses before you push "post".
In the original exchange you compared reproductive health care imposed by the government to things like drug and food safety and proper working conditions. I held that protecting people from toxic work environments and food and drugs was to keep one group of people from hurting another. Birth control is a self-driven protection of oneself. No one is endangering another person. You turned that around on me completely. I do beg your pardon Hip but I believe if I said just "I disagree" you would see it as an ad hominem attack.
lisw

Delaware, OH

#158267 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you. I didn't expect this from you, and I respect you for it.
Many of my views are quite middle of the road. I don't see common decency as a legacy of the left. It's why I liked Romney.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO LRDPEACE

United States

#158268 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Again twisting what I am saying. You don't know what is available in mental health care so you don't know what you're talking about. You also don't know how it works. So I ask very politely that you not put words in my mouth.
Let me give you an example so you might understand what I am saying. There are many wonderful over the counter remedies for acid reflux. An insurance company wants you to avail yourself of these plus practice good health choices like avoiding tobacco, alcohol and high acid foods before they pay for expensive brand name medications like nexium. Luckily birth control is not expensive even if it is prescribed, but there are lots of over the counter options. Do I think people have more control over birth control than they do over mental illness. Why yes!
interjecting you should addressed the US military issuing PSTD Soldiers these awful Psyhcotropic drugs... AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT IT, YOU OUR CHICKHAWKS....

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

#158269 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I humbly believe that I know more about mental health than you or Hipgnosis and that you know more about the law and mechanics than I do. There is a very intricate network of free and low cost mental health to all citizens. I know you and others want to say that noone can get help but it just isn't true. I know this because I worked in it. It's like me saying that I can't get any legal help because I can't afford a lawyer. That's not true is it? Now legal help is not even one tenth as available as mental health care and alcohol/drug treatment but it would be wrong of me to say it doesn't exist.
On top of that the great PP is there for help in reproductive help. Like anything else if you can afford it PP isn't free.
First of all, that 'very intricate network' you talk has AT LEAST 50 variables - and they're better in some places than they are in others.

Second, I've never said that no one can get help. All I was trying to point out is that there is a specific problem in those fifty 'very intricate networks' when it comes to the small number of individuals with a propensity to violence because of mental illness.

Most of these cases don't 'rack up" the death toll of a Tucson or Aurora or Sandy Hook. Often there's only one or two victims - a cop, a family member, a minister, some random stranger. Sometimes it's whole families.

No - not every family has attempted to get help, but all too often they (sometimes even the individual themselves) have tried and failed. They get a ten or twenty or thirty day stay in the hospital, a handful of pills on discharge, and not much else. Sometimes they don't even get that.

I'm also not suggesting there are easy answers. There's a delicate balance between the civil liberties of the mentally ill and the need for society to protect itself (and those who suffer from mental illness) from the fallout from that disease.

United States

#158270 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Many things carry some kind of mojo. It is obviously wiser to eat fresh fruit as opposed to a whopper for health, but it is not the government's role to provide it or even to subsidise it to make it cheap. I can think of a million different things like that. Labor laws and food and drug protection are different because we can't allow people to harm other people. If you harm yourself I think that is totally up to you. I might try to dissuade you or even lend you a hand but government should not mandate it.
Oh Yes Monolitic monopolizing US Mansanto's world GMO food/fruits/vegetable and EVIL Mansanto seeds inseminated with pesticides... yea quite healthy, have some more, you need to get out more...read more don't be rightt wing fruitcake peon! BWHHAHAHHAAA
allen

Voorhees, NJ

#158271 Jan 28, 2013
bush I feel was racist but then changed his mind so yea.. I think he's pretty much a hero I mean look how much he donated...
allen

Voorhees, NJ

#158272 Jan 28, 2013
bush is an extremely intelligent guy if anything..

he doesn'tr eally have beliefs he just wants to be popular.. and he deserves every bit of it..

he knows how to flip flop

“The future begins”

every moment

#158273 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>In the original exchange you compared reproductive health care imposed by the government to things like drug and food safety and proper working conditions. I held that protecting people from toxic work environments and food and drugs was to keep one group of people from hurting another.
Thousands of treatments are afforded millions of people, paid thru insurance, for which no one is or will be affected but the patient. I shouldn't have to give examples - it's too patently obvious. Yet I've given a couple which are reasonable extensions of that argument. You see those examples, and take the easy route of accusation, rather than accept you might not have thoroughly considered the ramifications of your proposal.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Birth control is a self-driven protection of oneself. No one is endangering another person. You turned that around on me completely.
I turned nothing. I took your argument to a viable and logical extension. But it's just silly. An antibiotic or steroid regimen is very often just "self-driven protection of self". Tough it out, we could say - a bladder or yeast infection affects no one but oneself. Go home and drink copious amounts of cranberry juice. We could reel off example after example without "twisting" a thing.

The very volume of it's use reduces the cost, so cost is a minimal factor. Group insurance puts downward pressure even more on the cost. It is used by the vast majority of the target population, inc. those among the groups claiming ideological opposition, and it's widespread availability benefits society at large. Opposition to contraception is driven by one group trying to impose their personal morality and/or ideology beyond those not within that group. It is NOT a business decision.
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I do beg your pardon Hip but I believe if I said just "I disagree" you would see it as an ad hominem attack.
Silliness. I think I know a personal attack when I see one and that isn't even in the same state. No need to beg my pardon, just how about we stick to the discussion as it unfolds naturally and leave the predictions and reactions based on those presuppositions to the soothsayers?

United States

#158274 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Many of my views are quite middle of the road. I don't see common decency as a legacy of the left. It's why I liked Romney.
You mean the Flip Flopping Flopper Predatory Corporatist carpetbagger Schemer ROMEney ROwmoney Romney you Middle class lifestyle into the gutter, no wonder you clueless...

United States

#158275 Jan 28, 2013
allen wrote:
bush I feel was racist but then changed his mind so yea.. I think he's pretty much a hero I mean look how much he donated...
Oh yea bushjr donated his biggest war mongering War debts to tune of trillion plus USdollar Year on Year since he become ughlord Dicktator Warmongering Us President, and this had financially and morally bankrupted the US. What you been smoking lately?

WBHAHHAHAaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Side Effects of Hating Gays 4 min andet1987 8
Gays play a very important role here on Earth 5 min andet1987 7
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Jim Justice 119,286
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 7 min andet1987 4,420
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 9 min Nagaraya 82
Gays are the Modern Day Mother Teresa 10 min andet1987 13
San Diego Convention Center 10 min andet1987 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min bacon hater 765,200
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Pad 555,094
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Charlie Sheen 263,653