Bush is a hero
uIdiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#158199 Jan 28, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to have my 'puter back just so I can say this: I was especially struck by her statement "First we have to find out whose fault it was, then we have to find out what happened."
Now, what I wrote above was paraphrased, as this was already several days ago. But the part about deciding who to blame BEFORE finding out what happened IS exactly as she said it. I wasn't surprised that it caught my Dad's attention too--we both remembered Nancy Pelosi's infamous "We have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it."
Self-serving to the max. Decide who's going to be the fall guy, then craft the story to fit. "You serve your master well, and you shall be rewarded." --Luke Skywalker to Jabba-the-Hut's doorman
what happen to you computer a good Trolls gave you system the flu ? Bwhahahhhaaa So your master is Darth VADER , a minion of Great satan! BWHHAHAHHAHAHAaaa you little subdervient devil!
uIdiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#158200 Jan 28, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you should read the article.
I'd say ending the gridlock that keeps Congress constantly in a state of brinksmanship falls under 'things of national import'.
That gridlock is political. We are governed by a political system. Ending that gridlock will require political action. The article in question was POLITICAL analysis.
One way for the President to end the gridlock is to 'destroy' the unity of the Republican party - to work with whatever more moderate elements remain. As it stands right now, and has been perfectly obvious since Republicans took control of the House in 2010, is that elements of the party are as committed to defeating Obama as they are with governing the United States of America.
Is it incendiary language? Of course. Unfortunately, that kind of cheap rhetoric is all too popular these days - and as the so-called newsbusters site pointed out, the author was so delighted with the response he wanted that he penned a second Slate article.
Political system, as most kowtow to had be Hijacked by US corporatism, and its lobbies, Wake up time doofuses! I warned most of you, and know now a pity , US ifs financiall and morally Bankrupted as a nation, i mean an Empire strike Back, because you Apathetic lowly can't even see a Freight train had hit you all, Pity the fools! NAH, you lowly masses of I.... get what you sow and deserve!

YES? NO? MAYBE?
PAradoxically Ironic!
Laugh or Cry?

You all already know about my insidious response is "BWHAHAHAHAHAHAhaAAha you HUH? my BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! ok Wild Willy no hose down? lost your weasel?:)
lisw

Lewis Center, OH

#158201 Jan 28, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The (fact?) that YOU cannot "...expand it into a reflection of the church in general..." Willie, doesn't mean I can't.
The church in general has been trying to expand its influence in American politics for 150 plus years.
I think 'the church in general' has been succeeding in this mission for the last 5 decades.
Pardon me, while I express my dismay at this 'development', in the face of the increasing secularization of American society, please.
In my 'ignorant and narcissistic' view, the American People have had quite enough of the publicly religious dictating public policy.
Thanks.
However it is usually a mistake to generalize. As a Catholic I am very aware of the Church's weaknesses and get quite angry at its duplicate nature. Individuals give you no clue as to what Catholics are really about (Kerry and Pelosi and the Kennedy had no trouble denouncing its stance on abortion)and institutions have no problem going against its teachings. That is because it is made up of individuals. The Catholic church has been as liberal as can be in some cases and as far right as it can be in others. I personally believe people should be allowed to use birth control at their discretion, but it doesn't change the fact that I think government has no business telling ANY employer or private institution what it should or should not provide. All perks are taken into consideration when a person decides if they want a job. If they just can't live with the idea of not being provided birth control, they don't work there.
ASIA LATIN AFRO MID EAST

United States

#158202 Jan 28, 2013
uIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>this post of yours addressed to Catcher, the greedy and corrupted Bi-partisanSHOP-of-horror 's secret Agenda within "The K Street" project, a collobarative effort is to De-marginalize all Third party entry or new ones from forming, and those third parties that survive the onslaught by the mainstream Bi-partisan policy are often giving set than 15% voter registration or less, no Wonder Ron Paul Libertarian party never reach more 155 of voter registrations. This is US political system is not a democracy in action, as Deomcracy in name only, its actions is not it soul!
Most of our American voters are fools, so easily take to cleaners. I though the Poster Catcher , with his education attainment whould have give you run for you money, i just little disappinted bt Catcher not catching your dirt pant down, you war mongering grunting ba ba ba BAD Bod the ba ba warring baboon! BBWHAHAHAHHAHA... Did i piss u off again! wake Up time all the Bi-partisanSHOP-of-horror is corrupted beyond repair, stop given BS voting for one of two evil and vice versa for every electoral POTUS season of denials is insidiously stupid voting for two evils... that got you sucking up to them with parties and rally... Can we All not go for Third Party for a Change? Wake up time you our dumbed down American Sheeeeoples! WBHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAa Boo! MWHAHAHAHAHAa
Correction : Not 155 but s/h/b "...less than margin 15% of voter base and no more.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158204 Jan 28, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I got it. Hip is upset because some people dare to speak of the disdain Pres. Obama has shown people of faith.
One word - Ritalin.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158205 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I personally believe people should be allowed to use birth control at their discretion, but it doesn't change the fact that I think government has no business telling ANY employer or private institution what it should or should not provide. All perks are taken into consideration when a person decides if they want a job. If they just can't live with the idea of not being provided birth control, they don't work there.
For me it's a question of minimal standards, for the greatest good (ostensibly at least). No different than labor law, food and drug safety, worker protection, child safety, public health, automobile standards, and so on. Are you opposed to all these as well, or does reproductive health carry some kind of special mojo?
lisw

Lewis Center, OH

#158206 Jan 28, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>For me it's a question of minimal standards, for the greatest good (ostensibly at least). No different than labor law, food and drug safety, worker protection, child safety, public health, automobile standards, and so on. Are you opposed to all these as well, or does reproductive health carry some kind of special mojo?
Many things carry some kind of mojo. It is obviously wiser to eat fresh fruit as opposed to a whopper for health, but it is not the government's role to provide it or even to subsidise it to make it cheap. I can think of a million different things like that. Labor laws and food and drug protection are different because we can't allow people to harm other people. If you harm yourself I think that is totally up to you. I might try to dissuade you or even lend you a hand but government should not mandate it.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158207 Jan 28, 2013
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take Lyndi's Topix-posting style over your stuffy psuedo-Mensa
"high society" vocabulary ANY time. The general makeup of these forums is common folks speaking a common English language. Trying to sound like Frasier at a Psychiatrist meeting in hopes of impressing someone, ANYone doesn't fly with common folks. Maybe that's why your msgs receive certain criticisms.
Enjoy Lyndi in good health, sir. I know I do...she's very entertaining.

Also, I hope your day is lovely, and that you fully experience the joy you obtain, by dispensing 'certain criticisms'.
:)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158208 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I say is that the Republican positions on most important issues don't reflect the views of the majority of Americans.
The view of the majority of Americans is that Congress is tanking and Obama is supposed to be leading that body, is he not?
==
You keep talking about the majority of Americans........
A majority of Americans would liked to have seen a budget presented in the last 3+ years. A majority of Amercans would liked to have seen the deficit genuinely addressed. A majority of Americans didn't want Obamacare. A majority of Americans now know Obama was talking out of someplace other than his mouth when he said al-Qeada was on the run. A majority of Americans would like spending curbed. A majority of Americans are wondering where all the jobs are he promised. A majority of Americans would agree this nation is deeply divided. A majority of Americans feel the women of Afghanistan truly have a war waged on them while the women of the US are yammering about free birth control and pretending it's a war.

Maybe in your world people are sleeping better because the president is being a stand-up guy for the wellbeing of the gay community and inmates in California can now have the state pay for their sex change operations. I might remind you that 2 million Californians have left your state in the last 10 years in search of a job and a life which you can no longer provide them and you're whistling a happy tune because your taxes have shot up.

I don't believe the majority of Americans Catcher are wringing their hands over womens rights, gay rights or whether the 37 members of the Martinez family living in the US illegally can have a swift path to entitlements and citizenship. I think a vast number of Americans are worried about their ability to get by.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158209 Jan 28, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>However it is usually a mistake to generalize. As a Catholic I am very aware of the Church's weaknesses and get quite angry at its duplicate nature. Individuals give you no clue as to what Catholics are really about (Kerry and Pelosi and the Kennedy had no trouble denouncing its stance on abortion)and institutions have no problem going against its teachings. That is because it is made up of individuals. The Catholic church has been as liberal as can be in some cases and as far right as it can be in others. I personally believe people should be allowed to use birth control at their discretion, but it doesn't change the fact that I think government has no business telling ANY employer or private institution what it should or should not provide. All perks are taken into consideration when a person decides if they want a job. If they just can't live with the idea of not being provided birth control, they don't work there.
In the first place, if individuals support an institution with dollars, those individuals are tacitly (or overtly) supporting its policies. In the second place, the 'duplicate (read 'duplicitous') nature' of the Church, is exactly why I don't belong to one. And in the third place, your argument against mandating employers provide insurance which covers contraception, didn't quite cut the mustard when it was decided that a pharmacy clerk has the religious right, to decline to fill a prescription for birth control. As far as I'm concerned, if the clerk knows the pharmacy sells the stuff, he/she SHOULDN'T WORK THERE.

Just for the record, I don't think employers should be required by law to provide insurance to their employees at all. In my opinion, we should have a one-payer system, and be done with the insurance companies having a say in our healthcare whatsoever. Medicine should not be a for-profit business, and some mega-corp's 'bottom line' shouldn't dictate whether or not we get proper medical care.

But that's just me.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158210 Jan 28, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The view of the majority of Americans is that Congress is tanking and Obama is supposed to be leading that body, is he not?
==
You keep talking about the majority of Americans........
A majority of Americans would liked to have seen a budget presented in the last 3+ years. A majority of Amercans would liked to have seen the deficit genuinely addressed. A majority of Americans didn't want Obamacare. A majority of Americans now know Obama was talking out of someplace other than his mouth when he said al-Qeada was on the run. A majority of Americans would like spending curbed. A majority of Americans are wondering where all the jobs are he promised. A majority of Americans would agree this nation is deeply divided. A majority of Americans feel the women of Afghanistan truly have a war waged on them while the women of the US are yammering about free birth control and pretending it's a war.
Maybe in your world people are sleeping better because the president is being a stand-up guy for the wellbeing of the gay community and inmates in California can now have the state pay for their sex change operations. I might remind you that 2 million Californians have left your state in the last 10 years in search of a job and a life which you can no longer provide them and you're whistling a happy tune because your taxes have shot up.
I don't believe the majority of Americans Catcher are wringing their hands over womens rights, gay rights or whether the 37 members of the Martinez family living in the US illegally can have a swift path to entitlements and citizenship. I think a vast number of Americans are worried about their ability to get by.
You repeat here everything I heard from you and yours pre-election.

The American people were sure to throw Obama out, for all the reasons you cite.

You were wrong then, and you are wrong now.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158211 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

......and when that didn't occur, it further proved my theory that ignorance breeds faster than intelligence.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158212 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>Enjoy Lyndi in good health, sir. I know I do...she's very entertaining.
Also, I hope your day is lovely, and that you fully experience the joy you obtain, by dispensing 'certain criticisms'.
:)
"Lyndi"
"Lyndi"
"Lyndi"

You really should charge me rent for all the time I spend in your head. Either that or evict me. That laser beam you have zeroed in on me is rather odd there.......... Cathy.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158213 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you work hard enough demonizing the right you may one day get the law to do something about us.(shut us up) Heck concerning guns I have a friend of close to 18 years that may soon be a criminal if certanin laws change.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158214 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>In the first place, if individuals support an institution with dollars, those individuals are tacitly (or overtly) supporting its policies. In the second place, the 'duplicate (read 'duplicitous') nature' of the Church, is exactly why I don't belong to one. And in the third place, your argument against mandating employers provide insurance which covers contraception, didn't quite cut the mustard when it was decided that a pharmacy clerk has the religious right, to decline to fill a prescription for birth control. As far as I'm concerned, if the clerk knows the pharmacy sells the stuff, he/she SHOULDN'T WORK THERE.
Just for the record, I don't think employers should be required by law to provide insurance to their employees at all. In my opinion, we should have a one-payer system, and be done with the insurance companies having a say in our healthcare whatsoever. Medicine should not be a for-profit business, and some mega-corp's 'bottom line' shouldn't dictate whether or not we get proper medical care.
But that's just me.
So in a short time I'll get my hernia fixed. I noted Wed when I met the doc that will do it the parking lot where the staff parked. Many cars in the 50-90 k price range no doubt owned by the docs. My thinking is that while this world isn't fair and never will be a profit system in most areas is our best hope. But what do I know? We will get the very system you want. Lets revist this in 20-40 years and see what kind of care the state gives us.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158215 Jan 28, 2013
Oh wait. I forgot my father in law gets to go to Bay Pines v.a. hospital in St. Pete, Fl. It sucks on ice and everyone hates it!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#158216 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did all my work, at one of the most prestigious law schools, if not the most prestigious, in the U.S.
Ahhhh.......... University of Idaho grad..........Nice!!
rider

Gwinn, MI

#158217 Jan 28, 2013
Nazi War Criminals in America (05-16-1982).
rider

Gwinn, MI

#158218 Jan 28, 2013
J. Edgar Hoover's Nazi Connections

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#158219 Jan 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you cannot counter the substance of the msg, just resort to another cheap cop-out. Smooooooooth, Chaser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min truth 650,566
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Aura Mytha 56,165
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 51 min Steve III 446
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 1 hr Thinking 73
Need someone to talk here, are you in for sexua... 1 hr sanchezjason48 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,972
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 2 hr Mike 383
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 23 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web