Bush is a hero

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158168 Jan 27, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, certainly don't pass up any chance, however weak, to amuse yourself with your rapine wit, but could it be he was wanting to know to what your non-specific reference was alluding, rather than just assume, Smarty Susie? Yathink?
You're kidding, right? Geez, Hip. Our Lyndi's 'rapine wit' would wither, should she ever deign to use anything other than sarcasm, quasi-profundity, and disparagement, to make a point.

Please.

“2016 No Clinton No Bush!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158169 Jan 27, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps some Presidential angst over the 'improprieties' of the left is in order. It would certainly make the right happy to hear Mr. Obama disparage the likes of those who think his mission should be to UTTERLY DESTROY the Republican party...a mission which the Republican party is merrily accomplishing, sans his input.
JMO
Did you read the piece that has newsbusters [sic] so upset, or are you simply reacting to the term 'destroy'?\

The original is here, btw, if anyone is actually interested in reading political analysis.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158170 Jan 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you can generalize about Catholic affiliated hospitals/health care organizations based on the court filings in this case, Hip.
Probably not, but then not very many "test cases" come down the pike for assessment. We have the instance in AZ where the Church did disassociate itself from a hospital because they performed an abortion to save the mother's life. We have the organizations in general decrying any mandate to provide service that violates their faith-based principles. We have the Church sending around a circular "missive" to be read from the pulpit effectively denouncing the President, just prior to a close election. We have these same orgs claiming to hew to the principles as set forth by the Church, inc. the concept of life at conception.

And then we have this outfit that escapes a malpractice finding by asserting a direct contradiction of that principle, and not a peep from the Church.

Previously I had thought that the reproductive rights/insurance issue re:religious organizations was a sticky wicket. As I said, with this instance, their credibility on the issue now is nil >for me<. Those who feel themselves more circumspect may very well have a differing assessment.
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly don't think there is anything insidious about expansion of Catholic health care organizations.
Well there ya go. I do, for the reasons already stated. Vive la différence, vive la democratie!

“The future begins”

every moment

#158171 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>You're kidding, right? Geez, Hip. Our Lyndi's 'rapine wit' would wither, should she ever deign to use anything other than sarcasm, quasi-profundity, and disparagement, to make a point.
Please.
Well there's that. I fear I keep missing any point to be made, with the exception of displaying said sarcasm, quasi-profundity, and disparagement. I pledge to apply myself and find that point. I absolutely adore a zappy sarcasm in the cause of a point made beyond ad personum zippies.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#158172 Jan 27, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Probably not, but then not very many "test cases" come down the pike for assessment. We have the instance in AZ where the Church did disassociate itself from a hospital because they performed an abortion to save the mother's life. We have the organizations in general decrying any mandate to provide service that violates their faith-based principles. We have the Church sending around a circular "missive" to be read from the pulpit effectively denouncing the President, just prior to a close election. We have these same orgs claiming to hew to the principles as set forth by the Church, inc. the concept of life at conception.
And then we have this outfit that escapes a malpractice finding by asserting a direct contradiction of that principle, and not a peep from the Church.
Previously I had thought that the reproductive rights/insurance issue re:religious organizations was a sticky wicket. As I said, with this instance, their credibility on the issue now is nil >for me<. Those who feel themselves more circumspect may very well have a differing assessment.
<quoted text>Well there ya go. I do, for the reasons already stated. Vive la différence, vive la democratie!
Govt funding Planned Parenthood and/or US Govt Memo NSSM 200, you ok with these?

“The future begins”

every moment

#158173 Jan 27, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Govt funding Planned Parenthood and/or US Govt Memo NSSM 200, you ok with these?
I have no problem with the gov't assisting in the funding of PP, as it provides vital services to those who might otherwise slip thru the cracks of a profit-based healthcare system. As for the official policy on population control, I have no problem with it in principle. Application must be transparent and have humanitarian goals as their guiding principles. Over-population lies at root of many of the world's fundamental problems, esp. in so-called "third-world" countries.
udiotRaceMakeWor ldPeace

United States

#158174 Jan 27, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with the gov't assisting in the funding of PP, as it provides vital services to those who might otherwise slip thru the cracks of a profit-based healthcare system. As for the official policy on population control, I have no problem with it in principle. Application must be transparent and have humanitarian goals as their guiding principles. Over-population lies at root of many of the world's fundamental problems, esp. in so-called "third-world" countries.
Did you know about Geneticist whistle-blower on the govt NeoMalthusian castrophe agenda , as this US govt funding the PP is really Racist Eugenic program - and based in US and worldwide. And, you have Pro-life groups and even some good leaders in Power oppose this disgusting piece of evil NSSM 200 agenda .

American Genocides: Is Haiti Next?
by Stephen Lendman
"Henry Kissinger's secret 1974 National Security Study Memorandum 200 (NSSM 200), was an action plan for global population reduction, that included:

* mandatory birth control;
* involuntary sterilizations;
* legalized abortion;
* indoctrination of children; and
* other coercive methods, including withholding disaster relief and food aid when most needed.

The plan specifically said America would conceal its role to avoid charges of imperialism, so would induce the UN and NGOs to do its dirty work.

NSSM 200 was never renounced

Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158175 Jan 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't understand a word that he wrote, did you?
You know what? I went to church this morning for the first time in almost a year. Its hard when you work all night and sleep during the day. I got it. Hip is upset because some people dare to speak of the disdain Pres. Obama has shown people of faith. Two faiths seem to bother him quite a bit Willie. Now I don't know what is in the mans heart as he claims to be a Christian. But I could repost his words that make me wonder. Doesn't really matter as he like all of us will give an account to the Lord. It would be nice if you or anyone that is one the left would be resectful but the truth is I have little hope of seeing it. Carry on Willie. Btw you questioning Hip did make me laugh. Kind of like Okb saying he thinks everyone should have a better more respectful tone all the while supporting some of most disrespectful I've seen in my lifetime hold office.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158176 Jan 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't understand a word that he wrote, did you?
You know, forget it man. I don't get a word he says becasue Beck isn't here to tell me what to think. Gee I guess when the Pres says he stands for liberty and equal justice its so. His word is gold! Lol.
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158177 Jan 27, 2013
Now he has done it! Where will the libs go green now?

Whole Foods CEO John Mackey: Global Warming Is Not That Big of a Deal (Video)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/whole...

Lafayette IN

#158178 Jan 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? I went to church this morning for the first time in almost a year. Its hard when you work all night and sleep during the day. I got it. Hip is upset because some people dare to speak of the disdain Pres. Obama has shown people of faith. Two faiths seem to bother him quite a bit Willie. Now I don't know what is in the mans heart as he claims to be a Christian. But I could repost his words that make me wonder. Doesn't really matter as he like all of us will give an account to the Lord. It would be nice if you or anyone that is one the left would be resectful but the truth is I have little hope of seeing it. Carry on Willie. Btw you questioning Hip did make me laugh. Kind of like Okb saying he thinks everyone should have a better more respectful tone all the while supporting some of most disrespectful I've seen in my lifetime hold office.
Uhhhh ... okay.

So, what do YOU think of a Catholic hospital making the legal argument that a fetus is not a person, Chris?

Location hidden

#158179 Jan 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read the piece that has newsbusters [sic] so upset, or are you simply reacting to the term 'destroy'?\
The original is here, btw, if anyone is actually interested in reading political analysis.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
Frankly, when I heard the fellow on CBS in the morning yesterday, giving air time to the fellow who has called for Obama's nuking of the Republican party as the only viable mission for a legacy from our lame duck Prez, I rolled my eyes like Michelle at Boehner...and realized (yet again) that the press is in it for the money, not disseminating things of national import.
So what else is new?

Next...

Lafayette IN

#158180 Jan 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, forget it man. I don't get a word he says becasue Beck isn't here to tell me what to think. Gee I guess when the Pres says he stands for liberty and equal justice its so. His word is gold! Lol.
You can throw every little thing we've disagreed on into this tantrum, Chris, but it doesn't change the fact that what revealed you didn't get what Hip was talking about is your reply. It had everything to do with why you don't like Hip and nothing to do with what he posted that set you off.

Location hidden

#158181 Jan 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhhh ... okay.
So, what do YOU think of a Catholic hospital making the legal argument that a fetus is not a person, Chris?
Don't know what Chris thinks, but it caused me to rest my case against the hypocrisy of Catholicism in general, on Facebook.

Several times.

(But I bet you already knew that.
Ba-dum Bump.)

Location hidden

#158182 Jan 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Governor Broun held office in your lifetime? How about Senator Ryan? Or perhaps the illustrious Governor Brownback, Governor Brewer, Governor Akin, or the inimitable Sheriff Arpajo?

Senator Giffords, perhaps, with her disrespect for the 2nd Amendment?

Methinks 'disrespectful' might be a tad subjective..........just a thought.

Lafayette IN

#158183 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>Frankly, when I heard the fellow on CBS in the morning yesterday, giving air time to the fellow who has called for Obama's nuking of the Republican party as the only viable mission for a legacy from our lame duck Prez, I rolled my eyes like Michelle at Boehner...and realized (yet again) that the press is in it for the money, not disseminating things of national import.
So what else is new?
Next...
You could have just said you didn't read the article, you know.

Location hidden

#158184 Jan 27, 2013
My apologies - Ms. Giffords was a Representative, not a Senator.

Mea Culpa, etc.

Lafayette IN

#158185 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>Don't know what Chris thinks, but it caused me to rest my case against the hypocrisy of Catholicism in general, on Facebook.
Several times.
(But I bet you already knew that.
Ba-dum Bump.)
And I would know what you posted on Facebook how, exactly?

If there's anything to be taken from this hospital brouhaha in Colorado, it's the fact that these entities are no different from any other non-profit or for-profit health care businesses. While that's relevant to their claim of the moral high ground when it comes to the Affordable Care Act, I don't think you can expand it into a reflection of the church in general.

Location hidden

#158186 Jan 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>You could have just said you didn't read the article, you know.
But......but......... I SPLAINED why I didn't read the article.
(Would've just been more of the same.)
Isn't that better?

Still learning the rules, I guess.

Practice makes perfect.

:)

Location hidden

#158187 Jan 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>And I would know what you posted on Facebook how, exactly?
If there's anything to be taken from this hospital brouhaha in Colorado, it's the fact that these entities are no different from any other non-profit or for-profit health care businesses. While that's relevant to their claim of the moral high ground when it comes to the Affordable Care Act, I don't think you can expand it into a reflection of the church in general.
The (fact?) that YOU cannot "...expand it into a reflection of the church in general..." Willie, doesn't mean I can't.

The church in general has been trying to expand its influence in American politics for 150 plus years.

I think 'the church in general' has been succeeding in this mission for the last 5 decades.

Pardon me, while I express my dismay at this 'development', in the face of the increasing secularization of American society, please.

In my 'ignorant and narcissistic' view, the American People have had quite enough of the publicly religious dictating public policy.

Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min set free in truth 40,535
SERVICES -YENIKOY Tel (0212) 299 15 34 ) GENERA... 2 min generalelectricser 1
Zekeriyaköy General Electric (0212) 342 00 24 )... 12 min generalelectricser 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min gundee123 100,084
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Aura Mytha 839,993
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min set free in truth 590,811
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Truths 612,220
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr Insults Are Easier 271,403
More from around the web