Bush is a hero
uidiotRaceMAkewo rldpeace

United States

#158131 Jan 26, 2013
uidiotRaceMAkeworldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>Finally, you rightie got some left lobe for critical reasoning... You so Amazing clear! WBHAHAHHAHAAAA
ADD! Both party are to blame, main culprit are the Republican party agendas, Kowtow to US corporatism, that got US into this big mess at home and worldwide.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158132 Jan 26, 2013
uidiotRaceMAkeworldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>Dam if we all do and damn if we all don't!
Question to you all.
If govt of a nation its leaders are corrupted do you support mens to bare arms, to carry assault weapons for protection?
If nation leaders provide prosperity to its people and provision to stand for world stability , and is there still a need for the civilians to bare bare arms?
I think it's a valid question, philsophically. Realistically, I think it's quixotic. Dying behind a 9-shot .45 comes just as quick as behind a 30-shot AK47. If taking a few grunts with you before you go is the aim, then I guess there's an argument to be made there.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158133 Jan 26, 2013
If people were seriously concerned about gov't tyranny enacting their will by the use of force, then logically it seems we'd be opposed to a national standing army in peacetime, as were the Founding Fathers. Stockpiling assualt weapons is pure ego.
Disney

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#158134 Jan 26, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Please describe for the class how the policies of the President, elected in 2008, impact the budgetary woes of IL, which have been building since the early 80's?
Not Obama but the same mindset. Till I met my wife had never been in your state. Now by marriage almost half my family is in Chicago. To listen to bro in law there this mindset that Obama displays quite well brought your state and the nation to where we are in 2013. When I was let go from work in 2009 first thing wife and I did was rework our budget. Funny the nation hasn't done that. And now with blame Bush. No doubt in my mind it will still play in 2016.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158136 Jan 26, 2013
Disney wrote:
<quoted text>Not Obama but the same mindset.
OK. So this is just you talking out your.....again.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Illinois’ credit rating downgraded; state drops to worst in the nation

Keep talking about nothing while the very policy postions of the Pres do more harm to the nation than a cat 5 hurricane.
That's what I thought.
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#158137 Jan 26, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
If people were seriously concerned about gov't tyranny enacting their will by the use of force, then logically it seems we'd be opposed to a national standing army in peacetime, as were the Founding Fathers. Stockpiling assualt weapons is pure ego.
The pyscopaths, the mentally ill, and those with and agenda... should not bare any arms, and should be ID in govt databases as unfit to carry any arms, and is Invasion of privacy, a civil liberty violation ...?

United States

#158138 Jan 26, 2013
USA- Imperialism: Bankers, Drug Wars and Genocide
by James Petras
May 19, 2011

The massive escalation of homicides and violence in Mexico began with the declaration of a war on the drug cartels by the fraudulently elected President Calderon, a policy pushed initially by the [George W.] Bush Administration and subsequently strongly backed by the Obama – Clinton regime... The US government armed the Calderon regime and the American gun manufacturers sold guns to the cartels through both legal and underground arms sales. Steady or increasing demand for drugs in the US – and the grotesque profits derived from trafficking and sales--- remained the primary driving force behind the tidal wave of violence and societal disintegration in Mexico.

United States

#158139 Jan 26, 2013
Jesse Ventura with Dick Russell
S
[In Mexico] between December 2006 and the spring of 2009, more than 10,780 people were killed. And most of the guns fueling the violence are coming from the U.S.. About 87 percent of the firearms that Mexican authorities have seized over the last five years can be traced to here, many of them from gun shops and gun shows in the Southwestern border states. And these are no longer simply handguns, but now military-grade weaponry and very serious ordnance. How come the manufacturers are not being held accountable for selling these weapons over the border.
Roberta G

United States

#158140 Jan 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>I'VE got a few things to say, I'm just waiting to get my 'puter back. It's in the shop.
I'm back and I'm ready to get down and dirty! <evil grin>
Roberta G

United States

#158141 Jan 26, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>The pyscopaths, the mentally ill, and those with and agenda... should not bare any arms, and should be ID in govt databases as unfit to carry any arms, and is Invasion of privacy, a civil liberty violation ...?
Psychopaths, the mentally ill and those with an agenda? You fall into all three groups.
uidiotRaaceAMkew orldPeace

United States

#158143 Jan 26, 2013
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychopaths, the mentally ill and those with an agenda? You fall into all three groups.
Wrong! I support human rights ... but you war supporters, and US neocons, US neo-Malthusians ...on the other hand support those US illicit overseas wars and US pyshcopathic leaders /sociopathic are those into War-for-profiteering, warmongering, plundering, stealing, raping, killing... this morally and financially bankrupting the US and ruining the world lives with the US war machines.

United States

#158144 Jan 26, 2013
ADD The International War crimes tribunal already tried bush & Co for war crimes against humanity... One for the World! So, this tell alot about you robertg, you support the War mongers, yet you another real warring supporting and psychopath/sociopath in our mist, the light and justice will judge you. BWHAHAHAAA

United States

#158145 Jan 26, 2013
bad bobs/robertg of world this What our US represent

Hitler used drugs to create violent, less compassionate soldiers ...
www.quickdrugrehabilitation.com/...drugs-to-c...

Hitler’s Drugged Soldiers. By Andreas Ulrich . The Nazis preached abstinence in the name of promoting national health. But when it came to fighting their Blitzkrieg ...

US is also doing it but not many know about it.

US: Military looks to drugs for battle readiness - August 2002 ...
www.partyvibe.com/forums/drugs/851-us-militar...

"No-go pills," used to induce ... concerns have been raised about aggression and violence among soldiers ... the issue of performance-enhancing drug use by US military ...
==
Military looks to drugs for battle readiness / The Christian ...
www.csmonitor.com/2002/0809/p01s04-usmi.html/ (page)/3
====
"No-go pills," used to induce ... aggression and violence among soldiers returning ... the issue of performance-enhancing drug use by US military personnel is ...

Concerns Raised About Combat Troops Using Psychotropic Drugs
www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/19/concerns-... ...

Mar 25, 2012 · U.S. Marines and Afghan Army soldiers run with a ... in the use of prescription drugs. An Army Suicide ... Drugs in Cases of Violence,...

“The future begins”

every moment

#158147 Jan 27, 2013
There has been much talk in here about the President allegedly impacting religious principles, and specifically that of the Catholic Church. Never mind that it's his job to try and look out for all Americans, not just those of any particular persuasion. I've always thought that religious organizations try to walk both sides of a moving line - business or faith org, taxable or tax-exempt, etc, that borders on the paradoxical, even hypocritical.

Case in point - Apparently a fetus is a person, according to the Catholic Church, so long as there's no money involved. A couple in Colorado is suing a Catholic-affiliated hospital, alleging negligence resulting in the loss of unborn twins. Among the many briefs filed in response, the defense asserts that the unborn fetuses were not persons with legal rights. Yeah. No harm, no foul.

There's still a discussion to be had there about gov't intrusion on personal conscience. But as far as I'm concerned there's no credibility to the Catholic Church's "official" stance on the unborn.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#158148 Jan 27, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
There has been much talk in here about the President allegedly impacting religious principles, and specifically that of the Catholic Church. Never mind that it's his job to try and look out for all Americans, not just those of any particular persuasion. I've always thought that religious organizations try to walk both sides of a moving line - business or faith org, taxable or tax-exempt, etc, that borders on the paradoxical, even hypocritical.
Case in point - Apparently a fetus is a person, according to the Catholic Church, so long as there's no money involved. A couple in Colorado is suing a Catholic-affiliated hospital, alleging negligence resulting in the loss of unborn twins. Among the many briefs filed in response, the defense asserts that the unborn fetuses were not persons with legal rights. Yeah. No harm, no foul.
There's still a discussion to be had there about gov't intrusion on personal conscience. But as far as I'm concerned there's no credibility to the Catholic Church's "official" stance on the unborn.
I think you go way too far here, Hip.

The hypocrisy of the legal defense of the hospital in question is unmistakable, but the hospital is a non-profit business entity AFFILIATED with but not part of the Roman Catholic Church - not under the direct control of a bishop the way a parish church is. These hospitals can be closed or sold to for-profit companies against the wishes of the church hierarchy. I know of one case (St. Louis University hospital) where one was sold against the wishes of the Vatican itself.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158150 Jan 27, 2013
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I think you go way too far here, Hip.
The hypocrisy of the legal defense of the hospital in question is unmistakable, but the hospital is a non-profit business entity AFFILIATED with but not part of the Roman Catholic Church - not under the direct control of a bishop the way a parish church is. These hospitals can be closed or sold to for-profit companies against the wishes of the church hierarchy. I know of one case (St. Louis University hospital) where one was sold against the wishes of the Vatican itself.
I don't know, Will. Their literature claims they are "Guided by the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services promulgated by the United States Conference of Bishops". I don't find anywhere that the Church has sought to have them mitigate or abandon their position. Seems to me you've just pointed out that vital "gray area" of deniability hi-liting the very hypocrisy I was describing. They certainly have no problem appealing to "higher authority" in denying reproductive healthcare choice to employees and patients, whether Catholic or not. In this they have the full ire of the pulpit behind them, attempting to influence political outcomes.

One of their latest business strategies is to merge with secular healthcare orgs to "expand" their ability to provide services to the poor of all stripes, etc. They do not hesitate to also expand imposition of their doctrinal beliefs to these Catholic/secular entities, as seen by the reaction to the Affordable Care Act. According to one reference, one in seven people receiving healthcare in America do so at a Catholic-affiliated hospital. There's a touch of the insidious creep of doctrinal imposition "by other means" here.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#158151 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Rubio want to do--I'm not up on his latest state of mind.
Silly me. I assumed you had a computer!

http://www.examiner.com/article/marco-rubio-p...

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/marco-...

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158153 Jan 27, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
Thanks, your sarcasm aside. I don't blame you for feeling down.

Rubio's plan is, a I see it, far better than anything earlier proposed by any Republican. And it makes sense, given the party's current tactical retreat from their failed proposals. The problem with it will be that it won't sell to other Republicans. The internal squabbling will serve to further marginalize the party, as the more "punitive" Republicans continue to lobby for ousting all current undocumented immigrants.

As a liberal, I look forward to the intra-party dissention, which will only serve to move the Republican party closer and closer to an endangered species.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158154 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, your sarcasm aside. I don't blame you for feeling down.
Rubio's plan is, a I see it, far better than anything earlier proposed by any Republican. And it makes sense, given the party's current tactical retreat from their failed proposals. The problem with it will be that it won't sell to other Republicans. The internal squabbling will serve to further marginalize the party, as the more "punitive" Republicans continue to lobby for ousting all current undocumented immigrants.
As a liberal, I look forward to the intra-party dissention, which will only serve to move the Republican party closer and closer to an endangered species.
I understand that, but for myself, I would look forward to a Republican Party that comes back to some semblance of moderation in the name of governance for America, not a thin slice of America. I'd look forward to a renewed era of opposing views hammering out compromise legislation for the good of the nation, rather than jockeying for party power. An unfettered Democratic party would just as likely go down the same hubristic road the current Republican Party embarked on in '94 or so.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#158155 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again we see how you favor the ONE-party system over the current, intended checks & balance of a TWO-party system. Lawyers are despised by many as it is. But one who supports a US dictatorship will likely get what's comin' to 'em sooner rather than later.

For a so-called "lawyer", you don't appear to be too smart, CHASER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min oneear69 688,778
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 23 min Johnny 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 23 min Demothieves 37,093
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 32 min Johnny 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 988,532
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 55 min My opinion 6,549
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr oneear69 121,925
More from around the web