Bush is a hero

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#158115 Jan 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The republican base hasn't tuned in or turned out in sometime. McCain didn't get them fired up and neither did Romney. The republican party is splintered and half asleep. They need to reinvent themselves and unite or give it up.
Here we go loopty-loo. Here we go loopty-li......
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158116 Jan 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not suggesting you give up Chris but in order for the republican party to sustain itself it needs to unite on various issues and that will mean bargaining within itself, make some concessions and negotiate. The party barely has a pulse and if the far right cannot come to middle ground it will flatline.
I agree. Its why I voted for McCain in 08 and Romney in 12. Ever listen to Bill Bennett?
Chris Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#158117 Jan 26, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You bet. Obama's reponsible for all that.
For those who prefer real information, Illinois' issues have been literally decades in the making, and lie almost soley in state legislative can-kicking. Uh, yeah, and that would be through both Republicanand Democratically-controlled Executives. For those vested in thinking that makes a difference.
Agree. Both. Tis a shame you support people like Obama that at least on a national level do nothing but blame the right and keep spending money we have no hope to pay back. In this forum I've posted info that many people that couldn't even tell you who the vp on this nation is right now are ready to blame the right if (when) it goes to crap. Uh, yeah. Obama wins while we all loose.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#158118 Jan 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing that asking people if they are feeling satisified or dissatisfied with the state of the union provides pollsters with a pretty accurate accounting considering most people know how they feel and it's probably more precise than hazarding a guess at who will and who won't show up at the polls. No one knew for example that 3+ million evangelicals didn't vote because they couldn't bring themselves to vote for a Mormon and they couldn't bring themselves to vote for Obama....so their best idea was to stay home.
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think it's about time that the so called evangelicals decide they don't have the answers any more than anyone else. In this day and age to harbor prejudice about other religions is ridiculous. But then they would probably think I'm damned because I'm Catholic and believe you have to do more than accept Jesus.(like be nice)

Location hidden

#158119 Jan 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have someone do your work for you in law school?
====
Btw, are you one of those lawyers whose face is plastered on the back of city busses?
"NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THIS COUNRTY AND YOU COMMMITED A CRIME?"
CALL 1-800-CATCHER
"THEY MAY CATCH YOU BUT I CAN GET YOU OFF!"
I can't help it, I'm laughing.

Location hidden

#158120 Jan 26, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
Soooo....assault weapon enthusiasts think this "right" is necessary to fight off their own government if necessary. Is that right?
buuut, they don't think they'd be quite prepared to fight off a foriegn intrusion, so a huge defense estabishment is necessary as well.
hmmm......
I understand what you're saying, and though I know nothing of guns, guns that fire off several rounds at one time seem unnecessary and learning to use a gun properly does. If I were to shoot an intruder my greatest wish would be to disable him/her, not to kill them. That being said, most dictatorships came to be because they took away people's guns and the army was under their control. Not saying that will happen here, but it does happen.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158121 Jan 26, 2013
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have someone do your work for you in law school?
====
Btw, are you one of those lawyers whose face is plastered on the back of city busses?
"NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THIS COUNRTY AND YOU COMMMITED A CRIME?"
CALL 1-800-CATCHER
"THEY MAY CATCH YOU BUT I CAN GET YOU OFF!"
I did all my work, at one of the most prestigious law schools, if not the most prestigious, in the U.S. We had "study groups," but nobody did my work for me. And it paid off. I did very well, and have had a successful legal career, in practice and teaching. I have never advertised, in any way whatsoever. I have always had more requests for my services than I can handle. My practice has included criminal as well as civil work.

So much for my response to your ad hominem remarks.

More important: Will you give your views on immigration policy? I ask principally because this is one area of great division within the Republican party, and if it doesn't get sorted out, the party will surely end up in shreds.

Location hidden

#158122 Jan 26, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Roger that. The gun lobby's best marketing tool is a Democrat in the WH.
But what sense does it maketo take guns from our own citizens while we provide them to our enemies. Guns used to kill americans in North Africa were libyan guns provided by us. Guns bought by drug cartels were used to kill an american and provided by the USA. Guns provided to Syrian rebels were used to kill americans in Benghazi. All this with a democrat in office.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158123 Jan 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think it's about time that the so called evangelicals decide they don't have the answers any more than anyone else. In this day and age to harbor prejudice about other religions is ridiculous. But then they would probably think I'm damned because I'm Catholic and believe you have to do more than accept Jesus.(like be nice)
Here's the problem. The evangelicals are just that: evangelicals. They assert a monopoly on the "truth." It's all in the Bible. They cannot compromise. They have all the answers, given to them by their god. To them, all other religions are false religions, theirs is the one true religion. And their religion often leads them, through "liturgical interpretation," to outright bigotry against certain groups of people. And they feel bound by their religious beliefs to cast their vote according to their religious beliefs. Even among them, there are some whose views are nothing short of idiotic--e.g., Pat Robertson, who blames all the natural catastrophes on our society's acceptance of homosexuals. Go figure.

It's a shame. But it's the fact.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158124 Jan 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I can't help it, I'm laughing.
To tell the truth, Lyndi's post made me chuckle too.

A good sense of humor is very necessary to a happy life.

And most of all, we must be able to laugh at ourselves. I probably know, and enjoy, more "lawyer" jokes than just about anybody.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158125 Jan 26, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Both. Tis a shame you support people like Obama that at least on a national level do nothing but blame the right and keep spending money we have no hope to pay back. In this forum I've posted info that many people that couldn't even tell you who the vp on this nation is right now are ready to blame the right if (when) it goes to crap. Uh, yeah. Obama wins while we all loose.
Please describe for the class how the policies of the President, elected in 2008, impact the budgetary woes of IL, which have been building since the early 80's?
uidiotRaceMAkewo rldpeace

United States

#158126 Jan 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>But what sense does it maketo take guns from our own citizens while we provide them to our enemies. Guns used to kill americans in North Africa were libyan guns provided by us. Guns bought by drug cartels were used to kill an american and provided by the USA. Guns provided to Syrian rebels were used to kill americans in Benghazi. All this with a democrat in office.
Finally, you rightie got some left lobe for critical reasoning... You so Amazing clear! WBHAHAHHAHAAAA

“The future begins”

every moment

#158127 Jan 26, 2013
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>But what sense does it maketo take guns from our own citizens while we provide them to our enemies. Guns used to kill americans in North Africa were libyan guns provided by us. Guns bought by drug cartels were used to kill an american and provided by the USA. Guns provided to Syrian rebels were used to kill americans in Benghazi. All this with a democrat in office.
The alleged WMD Bush was so certain he'd find were supplied largely by, you guessed it, and they weren't no Democrats. Party has nothing to do with it, and folks who feel it necessary to insert vague political ideology into the discussion really aren't interested in a solution. And the rat-a-tat-tat goes on....

“The future begins”

every moment

#158128 Jan 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To tell the truth, Lyndi's post made me chuckle too.
A good sense of humor is very necessary to a happy life.
And most of all, we must be able to laugh at ourselves. I probably know, and enjoy, more "lawyer" jokes than just about anybody.
True that. Jocularity Jocularity hohoho!(A MASH reference for those keeping score)

On the other hand, in a discussion, when one at the same time avoids the points raised by the respondent, it masks an unwillingness or inability to engage in a substantive response, thus the resort exclusively to ad personum "funnies".

United States

#158129 Jan 26, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're right. I believe we should hew to the intent of the Founding Fathers. Americans should have the right to own as many muzzle-loading muskets as they wish.
While we're at it, the other major facet of "original intent" is the severe reduction of any standing army in peacetime. The Founders saw that as the surest threat to liberty as any imaginable.
This "original intent" thing ain't as simple as some makes it sound, is it? We better get to work.
Dam if we all do and damn if we all don't!

Question to you all.

If govt of a nation its leaders are corrupted do you support mens to bare arms, to carry assault weapons for protection?
If nation leaders provide prosperity to its people and provision to stand for world stability , and is there still a need for the civilians to bare bare arms?

United States

#158130 Jan 26, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The alleged WMD Bush was so certain he'd find were supplied largely by, you guessed it, and they weren't no Democrats. Party has nothing to do with it, and folks who feel it necessary to insert vague political ideology into the discussion really aren't interested in a solution. And the rat-a-tat-tat goes on....
Both party created this big mess but Republican are main culprits , as both party (leader in power) don't really serve majority , as kowtow US corporatism...

United States

#158131 Jan 26, 2013
uidiotRaceMAkeworldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>Finally, you rightie got some left lobe for critical reasoning... You so Amazing clear! WBHAHAHHAHAAAA
ADD! Both party are to blame, main culprit are the Republican party agendas, Kowtow to US corporatism, that got US into this big mess at home and worldwide.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158132 Jan 26, 2013
uidiotRaceMAkeworldpeace wrote:
<quoted text>Dam if we all do and damn if we all don't!
Question to you all.
If govt of a nation its leaders are corrupted do you support mens to bare arms, to carry assault weapons for protection?
If nation leaders provide prosperity to its people and provision to stand for world stability , and is there still a need for the civilians to bare bare arms?
I think it's a valid question, philsophically. Realistically, I think it's quixotic. Dying behind a 9-shot .45 comes just as quick as behind a 30-shot AK47. If taking a few grunts with you before you go is the aim, then I guess there's an argument to be made there.

“The future begins”

every moment

#158133 Jan 26, 2013
If people were seriously concerned about gov't tyranny enacting their will by the use of force, then logically it seems we'd be opposed to a national standing army in peacetime, as were the Founding Fathers. Stockpiling assualt weapons is pure ego.
Disney

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#158134 Jan 26, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Please describe for the class how the policies of the President, elected in 2008, impact the budgetary woes of IL, which have been building since the early 80's?
Not Obama but the same mindset. Till I met my wife had never been in your state. Now by marriage almost half my family is in Chicago. To listen to bro in law there this mindset that Obama displays quite well brought your state and the nation to where we are in 2013. When I was let go from work in 2009 first thing wife and I did was rework our budget. Funny the nation hasn't done that. And now with blame Bush. No doubt in my mind it will still play in 2016.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min NotSoDivineMsM Tr... 71,298
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 31 min Tellthetruth 447,340
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Tellthetruth 994,986
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 2 hr ROG 63
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 5 hr fiteqprpr 481
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr FathrFlanagan Bug... 699,333
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 6 hr Stormy Marriages 711