BTW, did you notice Rush's misogyny?

Man of the year?

For shame.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#157372 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I congratulate Time magazine for their excellent judgment.
It's always better to be on the right side of history.
Limbaugh, Lyndi?
Are you on Oxycontin too?
Is Obama still getting high? Do as we say, not as we do.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#157373 Dec 20, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
Limbaugh today.
"Time magazine, the failing magazine with a dwindling subscription and a dwindling advertiser base that's no longer relevant in the media world, still holds onto the Man of the Year thing.
And that's it. That's why he's Man of the Year. That's the new demographic. Yeah, we've been making jokes here about the low-information voter, and it turns out TIME Magazine honors Obama 'cause he got 'em. He turned low-information, apathetic voters into people who vote. "These are the people we didn't know who are gonna show up at the polls who actually like Barack Obama, in the sense they feel like he's outside of politics."
We've never had a more radical, we've never had a more partisan politician in the White House than Obama. It's only a low-information voter (we used to have call 'em "morons") that could think he's outside of politics, but there you have it. There you have it. TIME Magazine: We chose Obama because he's a symbol of the new, low-information America. That's what Stengel meant when he talked about Obama being "the beneficiary and the author of a kind of new America, a new demographic, a new cultural America that he is now the symbol of."
I wonder what these elite Democrats really think about that. So this guy's Man of the Year because idiots love him? Because believe me, they think low-information voters are idiots. I guarantee you. They'll be glad to take their votes. The new stupid America? That should have been Man of the Year. Person of the Year: Stupid people. The low-information voter should have been the Person of the Year."
END TRANSCRIPT
lol!
Priceless.
Indeed. And to prove the point all we have to do is read back in this very forum. Went a to a movie tonight, think its the only time we've been to one this year. Flight was quite good. Jan 5 will mark one year my wifes brother passed and this movie for us was a kind of catharsis.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157374 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I congratulate Time magazine for their excellent judgment.
2) It's always better to be on the right side of history.
3) Limbaugh, Lyndi?
4) Are you on Oxycontin too?
1) Then contact them and tell them. What are you telling me for?

2) We won't know if he was on the right side of history until historians can actually review his presidency.
Did you know at one point when one historian brought up the difficulties that Lyndon Johnson when faced with trying to wage a foreign military venture while implementing an ambitious domestic agenda, Obama grew testy? He implied that he was different, because he could prevail by the force of his "personality." lol! It was, by any measure, a display of grandiosity by a man whose entire political curriculum vitae at the time consisted of seven undistinguished years in the Illinois senate and two mostly absent years in the United States Senate. He has repreatedly revealed arrogance, conceit, egotism, vanity, hubris and, above all, rank amateurism that may mark his presidency and doom it to frustration and failure.
Historians need a doctorate {PhD} then spend their careers researching history and the various events in history. Let's let him leave office before we annoint him further by being on the right side of history, shall we? In case you haven't noticed the Middle East is a flipping mess and our domestic and economic position is disgraceful. Gay marriage rights and being the first black president aren't exactly awe worthy unless you're easily awed.

3) Yes, Limbaugh. He was right on the money. Obama got the low information voter who surprised us by showing up at the polls......quite possibly because they didn't have a job to go to, had plenty of time on their hands and standing in a line is something they're accustomed to.

4) No, Im not and that comment was sophomoric. A slashing insult for Limbaugh using his past addiciton as a weapon? I see you can make light of addicition issues based on someones party. Thank you for bringing to light that the emphathy you claim to harbor is put into motion only when you approve of the person needing it and you have reduced yourself to suggesting a poster uses drugs because you don't care for her positions. Maybe you should stick with your one or two word replies. Anything longer than that it seems exposes you as an empathetic fraud.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157375 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
BTW, did you notice Rush's misogyny?
Man of the year?
For shame.
Do you know what's almost worse than a true misognist? A man who bristles on cue when someone slips and uses the word "man" instead of "person."

You sound as though you've been attending feminism classes for men and are being schooled in politically correct terms to keep unusally masculine women placated.
The word "whipped" comes to mind.(I forgot the word that often preceeds it.}

Since: Sep 10

Dubai, UAE

#157376 Dec 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Obama still getting high? Do as we say, not as we do.
Oh, it's tit for tat?

I'll ask you then: Bush is your hero?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dubai, UAE

#157377 Dec 20, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Then contact them and tell them. What are you telling me for?
2) We won't know if he was on the right side of history until historians can actually review his presidency.
Did you know at one point when one historian brought up the difficulties that Lyndon Johnson when faced with trying to wage a foreign military venture while implementing an ambitious domestic agenda, Obama grew testy? He implied that he was different, because he could prevail by the force of his "personality." lol! It was, by any measure, a display of grandiosity by a man whose entire political curriculum vitae at the time consisted of seven undistinguished years in the Illinois senate and two mostly absent years in the United States Senate. He has repreatedly revealed arrogance, conceit, egotism, vanity, hubris and, above all, rank amateurism that may mark his presidency and doom it to frustration and failure.
Historians need a doctorate {PhD} then spend their careers researching history and the various events in history. Let's let him leave office before we annoint him further by being on the right side of history, shall we? In case you haven't noticed the Middle East is a flipping mess and our domestic and economic position is disgraceful. Gay marriage rights and being the first black president aren't exactly awe worthy unless you're easily awed.
3) Yes, Limbaugh. He was right on the money. Obama got the low information voter who surprised us by showing up at the polls......quite possibly because they didn't have a job to go to, had plenty of time on their hands and standing in a line is something they're accustomed to.
4) No, Im not and that comment was sophomoric. A slashing insult for Limbaugh using his past addiciton as a weapon? I see you can make light of addicition issues based on someones party. Thank you for bringing to light that the emphathy you claim to harbor is put into motion only when you approve of the person needing it and you have reduced yourself to suggesting a poster uses drugs because you don't care for her positions. Maybe you should stick with your one or two word replies. Anything longer than that it seems exposes you as an empathetic fraud.
1) Reply to your post, on a public forum.

2) My prediction.

3) In my view, Limbaugh is scum and you are struggling to defend a losing battle: Deal with it--you lost; it's your side that's out of touch. Get out a bit more.

4) OK (not even one word).

3)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dubai, UAE

#157378 Dec 20, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what's almost worse than a true misognist? A man who bristles on cue when someone slips and uses the word "man" instead of "person."
You sound as though you've been attending feminism classes for men and are being schooled in politically correct terms to keep unusally masculine women placated.
The word "whipped" comes to mind.(I forgot the word that often preceeds it.}
Unusually masculine women? Someone slipped?

Shame on you, Lyndi. Shame on you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157379 Dec 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
ad hominem reply
DISMISSED
NEXT
To illustrate your need to actually be smart instead of sounding smart is your repeated use of the words "ad hominem." Someone must have told you that if you use those words you'll sound smart.
Have you ever counted the number of times in your 13,000+ posts you have called someone a "jackass?" That, son is an indisputable ad hominem and the fact that you call people out on what YOU DO on a regular basis is an indication of a dull and simple mind.

Here is my ad hominem for you because subtlety evidently eludes you. You are a colossal idiot and naming yourself after sewage was my first clue.

And as an afterthought: "DISMISSED" and "NEXT" btw is something you have copied from others who have dismissed you and moved on. And that is precisely what I am going to do. I have the power to ignore stupid and I will execute that power with you in the future.
Some people on Topix are of extremely low wattage imo and you're one of them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157380 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unusually masculine women? Someone slipped?
Shame on you, Lyndi. Shame on you.
Sorry is there a better term? "Femininely challenged," perhaps?
====

"Person of the Year by Time magazine this year was Obama.
Obama is a man.
Therefore the person of the year is a man and this is beyond trivial.

Don't get your man purse all twisted into a sailors knot, Catcher. I hate it when heterosexual men squeal.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dubai, UAE

#157381 Dec 20, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry is there a better term? "Femininely challenged," perhaps?
====
"Person of the Year by Time magazine this year was Obama.
Obama is a man.
Therefore the person of the year is a man and this is beyond trivial.
Don't get your man purse all twisted into a sailors knot, Catcher. I hate it when heterosexual men squeal.
Yes, it is Person of the Year. This year, a man.
Time has kept up with the times, while you of all people, a supposedly independent woman, defends what is no longer defensible.
Again, until your side catches up, you will continue to lose, and by larger and larger margins.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157382 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Reply to your post, on a public forum.
2) My prediction.
3) In my view, Limbaugh is scum and you are struggling to defend a losing battle:
3b)Deal with it--you lost; it's your side that's out of touch.
3c)Get out a bit more.
4) OK (not even one word).
1) So be it.
2) Time will tell.
3a) Limbaugh may be scum but he can also be accurate and fun-eee!
3b)I am aware my choice lost. You seem ill-equipped to handling why your side won. Getting millions of the poorly informed people, people in poverty or people on the brink of poverty to vote for you because they need "stuff" isn't much of a win. When you look objectively and closely at the victory, it loses a great deal of it's luster. BUT? You have admitted to struggle with objectivity so that task is probably not possible for you.
3c) Don't tell me to get out more because you can't think of anything more clever to say. I get out plenty. I have been here, there and everywhere and could no doubt go toe to toe with you on "getting out."
4) Admitting you are wrong is a problem for you. I have the same problem but in my case it's because I'm right so much of the time that being wrong is a shock!
Ha!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dubai, UAE

#157383 Dec 20, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
1) So be it.
2) Time will tell.
3a) Limbaugh may be scum but he can also be accurate and fun-eee!
3b)I am aware my choice lost. You seem ill-equipped to handling why your side won. Getting millions of the poorly informed people, people in poverty or people on the brink of poverty to vote for you because they need "stuff" isn't much of a win. When you look objectively and closely at the victory, it loses a great deal of it's luster. BUT? You have admitted to struggle with objectivity so that task is probably not possible for you.
3c) Don't tell me to get out more because you can't think of anything more clever to say. I get out plenty. I have been here, there and everywhere and could no doubt go toe to toe with you on "getting out."
4) Admitting you are wrong is a problem for you. I have the same problem but in my case it's because I'm right so much of the time that being wrong is a shock!
Ha!
OK, back atcha.

I'm WAAAY out. Check out my avatar.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157384 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Time has kept up with the times, while you of all people, a supposedly independent woman, defends what is no longer defensible.
Again, until your side catches up, you will continue to lose, and by larger and larger margins.
I used to think it was odd that you relish the actual victory so much. Then I realized you have to.
His actual list of accomplishments is pretty short. Not much to crow about on that front, is there?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157385 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, back atcha.
I'm WAAAY out. Check out my avatar.
Check out the indoor ski resort.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157386 Dec 20, 2012
An assault rifle linked to the "Fast and Furious" scandal has recently been recovered at the crime scene where Mexican beauty queen Maria Gamez and four others were murdered in a shootout between drug cartel members and Mexican military.
How did she get it?

The beauty queen who was reportedly used as a human shield was found dead with a gun belonging to a former assistant special agent in charge at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
======

I want to hand out a Bumbling Buffoon award this year to someone in His Highnesses administration. There are just so many condenders it's hard to pick just one.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157387 Dec 20, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
An assault rifle linked to the "Fast and Furious" scandal has recently been recovered at the crime scene where Mexican beauty queen Maria Gamez and four others were murdered in a shootout between drug cartel members and Mexican military.
How did she get it?
The beauty queen who was reportedly used as a human shield was found dead with a gun belonging to a former assistant special agent in charge at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
======
I want to hand out a Bumbling Buffoon award this year to someone in His Highnesses administration. There are just so many condenders it's hard to pick just one.
Maybe Joe Biden when he spearheads the gun reform issue {which is in reality just more citizen control} will call on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to give him their thoughts on how to put a stop to stupid people from getting guns. Lol!
The Vice President of loose cannon comments in charge of reforming gun laws.

It's a Saturday Night Live skit!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Dubai, UAE

#157388 Dec 20, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the indoor ski resort.
Yeah, it's a must, but not my cup of tea.

Tomorrow the tall building. Burgh khaliffa. Huge.

:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#157389 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta feeling after 4 more years of this buffoon, people aren't gonna give two shits about womens and gay rights. there gonna want jobs and relief from a government run amuckk......JMO..........

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#157390 Dec 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lyndi's correct. The more you write the more you reveal your foolishness. You are so dazed by political correctness that you remind me of a screaming beatles fan.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 63,187
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Steve III 653,559
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,562
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr crystal 973,527
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr DebraE 106,460
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,807
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 3 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr LAWEST100 618,736
More from around the web