Bush is a hero

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#157330 Dec 18, 2012
I still say, you have no standards if Bush is your hero.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#157331 Dec 18, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
The dog ate my homework seems like it could be at play here.
Remember the "missing" documents that showed up on Hillsters dresser?
I'm not familiar with this missing-documents-on-the-dress er you mentioned. And did you mean HILLary or HITLER?

But I do agree about "dog-ate-my-homework. " You're right, it sounds very much like that ;)

Location hidden

#157332 Dec 18, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not familiar with this missing-documents-on-the-dress er you mentioned. And did you mean HILLary or HITLER?
But I do agree about "dog-ate-my-homework. " You're right, it sounds very much like that ;)
I meant Hillary. I will refresh my memory as to the specifics but in general certain documents were requested from her and she claimed not to be in possession of them. Long after the fact she claimed to have discovered them on her dresser-

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#157333 Dec 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
You have nothin' to do but hang around here takin' cheap shots?

Sad, peeW. S-A-D!
uidiotRacemakewo rldpeace

United States

#157334 Dec 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Moral character of this Bushbot group corrupted by greed and not to be trusted for they support war criminals/warmongers and to support war-for-profiteers...

"Since the Bush-Cheney Administration took office in January 2001, controlling the major oil and natural gas fields of the world had been the primary, though undeclared, priority of US foreign policy... Not only the invasion of Iraq, but also the toppling of the Taliban in Afghanistan, had nothing to do with 'democracy,' and everything to do with pipeline control across Central Asia and the militarization of the Middle East."
F. William Engdahl

Location hidden

#157335 Dec 18, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothin' to do but hang around here takin' cheap shots?
Sad, peeW. S-A-D!
What's the matter? Does the truth hurt?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#157336 Dec 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter? Does the truth hurt?
Hah, you tell ME!

Location hidden

#157337 Dec 18, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah, you tell ME!
Is Bush your hero? You have low standards.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#157338 Dec 18, 2012
The archetypal hero appears in all religions, mythologies, and epics of the world. He is an expression of our personal and collective unconscious, as theorized by Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell (see below). All archetypal heroes share certain characteristics. This fact has only come to light this century, after people like Joseph Campbell began comparing mythologies of the world. Click on a link to see how the heroes above fit the traits of a hero.

http://tatsbox.com/hero/

Silver-spoon Bush Jr. doesn't fit the definition.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157339 Dec 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
The archetypal hero appears in all religions, mythologies, and epics of the world. He is an expression of our personal and collective unconscious, as theorized by Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell (see below). All archetypal heroes share certain characteristics. This fact has only come to light this century, after people like Joseph Campbell began comparing mythologies of the world. Click on a link to see how the heroes above fit the traits of a hero.
http://tatsbox.com/hero/
Silver-spoon Bush Jr. doesn't fit the definition.
Well, that was interesting.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lisw

Hamersville, OH

#157340 Dec 18, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that was interesting.
Yes that's what I call a "something."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#157341 Dec 18, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that was interesting.
I thought somebody might like it. When "Dirty Harry" becomes a society's archetypal hero, we are in trouble. OTOH, Bush Jr.? I can't believe he is even in the running. It should be clear to everyone that Jr.'s hero was Dirty Harry.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#157342 Dec 18, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Bush your hero? You have low standards.
No, but it doesn't matter anyway.
GW Bush is ancient history. Who freakin' cares!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#157343 Dec 18, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but it doesn't matter anyway.
GW Bush is ancient history. Who freakin' cares!
That's quite true my friend. OTOH this thread says Bush is a hero right? I disagree with that premise and exercise my 1st amendment right to free speech. Do you have a problem with free speech?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157344 Dec 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite true my friend. OTOH this thread says Bush is a hero right? I disagree with that premise and exercise my 1st amendment right to free speech. Do you have a problem with free speech?
This is written poorly but English is not the bloggers first language, so bear that in mind when you read it.

“BUSH” A FORGOTTEN HERO- By IMRAN FIRASAT

"Was he an evil? Was he a dictator? Was he a cruel, stubborn and less intelligent man?
Or
Was he a man who has done a big favour on our world and humanity by starting a war against Islamic terrorism?
I was never so confuse about anything as much I used to be confuse about my thinking on bush. Should I consider him a great warrior or a cunning dictator who just simply hates Islam and loves oil?
Different kind of people had different opinions about Bush and their opinions always used to affect on my thinking. Someone used to say that Bush started this war for oil because Americans are greedy for oil. Someone used to say that because of the war which Bush initiated, many innocent people are dying every day and for that Bush is responsible and Bush is a murderer. Someone used to say that bush has created a china wall between Muslim and western world. These kinds of comments and daily news in international media which used to show the deaths and violence in Iraq and Afghanistan convinced me that Bush is cruel.
But there was one of my boss who changed my thinking and who made me realize that a coin always have two faces, we should never rely on one side reality and that before we make our final opinion about something, we must look at all the angles carefully. He said to me “I accept, that many people are dying in the war, but who is killing those innocent people? Not Bush. Muslims are killing Muslims. Muslims have become suicide bombers and killing their own people. Muslims have created their own world of Jihad”. He asked me that what Bush has done wrong, just only that he took action against the cruel Islamic terrorism, and why Bush should watch silently the deaths of Americans by the hands of Muslim Jihadists.
Honestly after that I reconsidered my opinions about Bush and I found that it is completely true that what Bush has done is a great favour on all of us. He dared to tie the bell on the terrorism cat. He is the first leader of history of our planet who bravely took clear actions against Islamic terrorism which started from Muhammad and since many centuries, every day, every month and every year, used to destroy the peace of our hearts.
I feel for the people, who are losing their beloved in Afghanistan and Iraq, they are really poor. I feel pity with them but we should not forget that many Americans and Europeans also have been passed through the same situation as their loving people were also snatched by Islamic terrorism. In my opinion we should say thanks to Bush for his great decisions which would be proved too bright for our world´s future. Even today the world is praising Obama for capturing Osama but according my heart, all the credit should go to the Bush because he is the person who started this war to make our world a better place for living.
Let´s give a standing ovation to Mr. Bush with many claps for his great job as a unique leader. Thank you very much Mr. Bush, We shall never forget you. You are a hero."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157345 Dec 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
June 20, 2012
George W Bush, Humanitarian Hero
by Jim Landers of the Dallas Morning News

"The debate over a president’s legacy lasts many years longer than his term of office. At home, there’s still no consensus about the 2001-09 record of George W. Bush, with its wars and economic turmoil.
In Africa, he’s a hero.
"‘No American president has done more for Africa,’ said Festus Mogae, who served as president of Botswana from 1998 to 2008.‘It’s not only me saying that. All of my colleagues agree.’"
In particular, it was the Bush administration that led the world’s response to Africa’s AIDS pandemic:

"A decade ago, AIDS was killing 630 of every 100,000 Zambians, according to the World Health Organization… In neighboring Botswana, the toll was 750 of every 100,000 people… In 2001, four in 10 adults in Botswana were infected with HIV. President Mogae went before the United Nations to plead for the life of his country…‘We are threatened with extinction,’ he said.‘People are dying in chillingly high numbers. It is a crisis of the first magnitude.’"
Bush, with bipartisan support from Congress and $15 billion, mobilized the U.S. government with the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. In 2008, Congress agreed to provide $38 billion more… By the time Bush left office, the death rate from AIDS had fallen more than 60 percent in Botswana. There are now 330,000 taking anti-retroviral drugs… The death rate fell by nearly half in Zambia. There are 418,000 Zambians taking the drugs."
"…Drug treatments are themselves one of the most important prevention measures, since people taking anti-retroviral drugs are less infectious. Another success has been saving infants from being born with the disease when their mothers are HIV-positive. Before U.S. assistance became available, four in 10 HIV-positive mothers in Botswana transmitted the disease to their children. It’s now down to 4 percent."
His response to AIDS in Africa was a great success."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157347 Dec 19, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No one here has a problem with free speech that I know of but many of us have a problem with excessive speech and/or stupid speech. You have conributed 13,000 post since August of 2011.
You talk too much imo, you have an obsessive compulsive inclination toward conspiracy theories surrounding 9-11 and GWB. It's disturbing on multiple levels.
Here's what I'm going to say utilizing my first ammendment right.
Talk less and listen more. Talk less and read more.
The quality of your posts is infinately more important than the quanity. You're not that interesting and you might consider raising the bar on the content of your posts and instead of trying to sound smart, work on actually being smart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

UK

#157348 Dec 19, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
This is written poorly but English is not the bloggers first language, so bear that in mind when you read it.
“BUSH” A FORGOTTEN HERO- By IMRAN FIRASAT
"Was he an evil? Was he a dictator? Was he a cruel, stubborn and less intelligent man?
Or
Was he a man who has done a big favour on our world and humanity by starting a war against Islamic terrorism?
I was never so confuse about anything as much I used to be confuse about my thinking on bush. Should I consider him a great warrior or a cunning dictator who just simply hates Islam and loves oil?
Different kind of people had different opinions about Bush and their opinions always used to affect on my thinking. Someone used to say that Bush started this war for oil because Americans are greedy for oil. Someone used to say that because of the war which Bush initiated, many innocent people are dying every day and for that Bush is responsible and Bush is a murderer. Someone used to say that bush has created a china wall between Muslim and western world. These kinds of comments and daily news in international media which used to show the deaths and violence in Iraq and Afghanistan convinced me that Bush is cruel.
But there was one of my boss who changed my thinking and who made me realize that a coin always have two faces, we should never rely on one side reality and that before we make our final opinion about something, we must look at all the angles carefully. He said to me “I accept, that many people are dying in the war, but who is killing those innocent people? Not Bush. Muslims are killing Muslims. Muslims have become suicide bombers and killing their own people. Muslims have created their own world of Jihad”. He asked me that what Bush has done wrong, just only that he took action against the cruel Islamic terrorism, and why Bush should watch silently the deaths of Americans by the hands of Muslim Jihadists.
Honestly after that I reconsidered my opinions about Bush and I found that it is completely true that what Bush has done is a great favour on all of us. He dared to tie the bell on the terrorism cat. He is the first leader of history of our planet who bravely took clear actions against Islamic terrorism which started from Muhammad and since many centuries, every day, every month and every year, used to destroy the peace of our hearts.
I feel for the people, who are losing their beloved in Afghanistan and Iraq, they are really poor. I feel pity with them but we should not forget that many Americans and Europeans also have been passed through the same situation as their loving people were also snatched by Islamic terrorism. In my opinion we should say thanks to Bush for his great decisions which would be proved too bright for our world´s future. Even today the world is praising Obama for capturing Osama but according my heart, all the credit should go to the Bush because he is the person who started this war to make our world a better place for living.
Let´s give a standing ovation to Mr. Bush with many claps for his great job as a unique leader. Thank you very much Mr. Bush, We shall never forget you. You are a hero."
Sorry Lyndi.

No sale here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157349 Dec 19, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Lyndi.
No sale here.
Tell the author. I didn't write it and I'm not trying to sell it.

I posted it on the off chance there is someone out there who still has the ability to listen and weigh another viewpoint without reacting like a brainwashed liberal who's dietary staple is to hate Bush and play Monday morning quarterback to a uniquely complicated 8 year administration.
When people speak as presidential historians when they are not qualified and are little more than passenger lemmings on a popular bandwagon, my brain gets bored.

I'm an explorer by nature, and flipping over stones to see what's underneath is far more beneficial to me than just having a simple flat opinion on such complex subject matter. The Bush years will be a topic in college classrooms for decades and as of now I have yet to bump into anyone on Topix qualified to teach it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#157350 Dec 19, 2012
What a bunch of BS.

Bush is no hero.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 64,732
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 654,461
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 15 min ImFree2Choose 2,602
Are White men Scared to date Black women? #blac... (Apr '12) 1 hr Wellthereyahaveit 291
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,612
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Goats and Llamas 512
UNICORNS In the Bible 1 hr Goats and Llamas 10
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 973,957
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web