“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#157239 Dec 12, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be obtuse, it's unbecoming. You know very well what the point is. Whether a dem or an R thought it up requiring electronic deposit requires the same thing that getting ID to vote does. The only difference is the outcry. I am for the electronic deposit. It makes sense and reduces waste, not to mention theft. But it does require an account whether debit or checking. You are aware that each debit transaction has a charge, right? I am also for voter ID. But anything good takes some work to help those who don't normally operate that way. The idea that voter ID disenfranchises anyone is a red herring. If it weren't people would be complaining about electronic deposits. Plain and simple.
No, it does not require a bank account. You can get a govt issued (EBT) card. I'm assuming there is a fee schedule, but I'm on my phone and can't easily search for it.

BTW, neither my banks nor my credit union charge me for retail debits, even with cash back.

I see where you were trying to go - I just don't think you got there. In the conversation about voter ID there were more red herrings than a busy fish market at the height of the season on both sides

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157240 Dec 12, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, it does not require a bank account. You can get a govt issued (EBT) card. I'm assuming there is a fee schedule, but I'm on my phone and can't easily search for it.
BTW, neither my banks nor my credit union charge me for retail debits, even with cash back.
I see where you were trying to go - I just don't think you got there. In the conversation about voter ID there were more red herrings than a busy fish market at the height of the season on both sides
Not to mention the fact that the Voter ID requirement was unnecessary on its face. It was a solution in search of a problem.

The reason there is no hue and cry about the EBT requirement for Social Security being 'discriminatory', is that there is ALREADY a phhoto ID requirement attached to receiving Social Security. One has to show 3 forms of ID, with at least one being a state or Federally issued photo, before receiving one's SS card, and always has.
UidiotRACEMAkeWO RLDPEACE

United States

#157241 Dec 12, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be obtuse, it's unbecoming. You know very well what the point is. Whether a dem or an R thought it up requiring electronic deposit requires the same thing that getting ID to vote does. The only difference is the outcry. I am for the electronic deposit. It makes sense and reduces waste, not to mention theft. But it does require an account whether debit or checking. You are aware that each debit transaction has a charge, right? I am also for voter ID. But anything good takes some work to help those who don't normally operate that way. The idea that voter ID disenfranchises anyone is a red herring. If it weren't people would be complaining about electronic deposits. Plain and simple.
All you might as well given into national ID RFID tagged and get 666 on forehead...

BWHHAHAHHAAAAAa
UidiotRACEMAkeWO RLDPEACE

United States

#157242 Dec 12, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, it does not require a bank account. You can get a govt issued (EBT) card. I'm assuming there is a fee schedule, but I'm on my phone and can't easily search for it.
Psst Some bank do charge for have saving and/or checking account...

And, add insult to injury with US cause of global financial contagion they had hit world with 1% fee and with other hidden fees...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#157243 Dec 12, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My dad, the card, told us kids never to buy anything from a guy with 'honest' in front of his name: a man who has to claim honesty, is un-acquainted with the meaning of the word.(Also that there is no such thing as an 'honest used-car salesman'.)
Funny AND true :)

Location hidden

#157244 Dec 13, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny AND true :)
Apparently the humor was lost on the original recipient...

:)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#157245 Dec 13, 2012
has anyone noticed the Republican manufactured "fiscal cliff" is coming back to bite them in the AZZ

There would be NO "fiscal Cliff" if the Republicans hadn't used tax increases on the top 2% as a bargaining chip during last years debt ceiling debacle.

They were so sure Willard Romney was going to win the election they wouldn't have anything to worry about...well...(they shouldn't have listened to Karl Rove)

The Republican Party is truly in crisis, and that crisis is now coming to a head. The popular vote in the most recent election was an endorsement of Obama’s performance and a clear refutation of GOP extremism.

The majority in the country want taxes on the top 2% to increase, it appears the Republicans are Hell bent on their very own extinction.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#157249 Dec 13, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
has anyone noticed the Republican manufactured "fiscal cliff" is coming back to bite them in the AZZ
There would be NO "fiscal Cliff" if the Republicans hadn't used tax increases on the top 2% as a bargaining chip during last years debt ceiling debacle.
They were so sure Willard Romney was going to win the election they wouldn't have anything to worry about...well...(they shouldn't have listened to Karl Rove)
The Republican Party is truly in crisis, and that crisis is now coming to a head. The popular vote in the most recent election was an endorsement of Obama’s performance and a clear refutation of GOP extremism.
The majority in the country want taxes on the top 2% to increase, it appears the Republicans are Hell bent on their very own extinction.
That's correct.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#157250 Dec 13, 2012
A teacher was teaching her second grade class about the government, so for homework that one day, she told her her students to ask their parents what the government is.

When Little Johnny got home that day, he went up to his dad and ask his what the government was.

His dad thought for a while and answered,''Look at it this way: I'm the president, your mom is Congress, your maid is the work force, you are the people and your baby brother is the future.''

''I still don't get it'' responded the Little Johnny.

''Why don't you sleep on it then? Maybe you'll understand it better,'' said the dad.

''Okay then...good night'' said Little Jonny went off to bed. In the middle of the night, Little Johnny was awakened by his baby brother's crying. He went to his baby brother's crib and found that his baby brother had taken a crap in his diaper. So Little Johnny went to his parent's room to get help. When he got to his parent's bedroom, he looked through the keyhole to check if his parents were asleep. Through the keyhole he saw his mom loudly snoring, but his dad wasn't there. So he went to the maid's room. When he looked through the maid's room keyhole, he saw his dad having sex with his maid. Little Johnny was surprised, but then he just realized something and thinks aloud,''OH!! Now I understand the government! The President is screwing the work force, Congress is fast asleep, nobody cares about the people, and the future is full of shit!''

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#157251 Dec 13, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
I have to chuckle at you multiple positive judgicons We all know you gave them to yourself. Now i understand, positive self-talk and all. My husband is in a wheelchair and can only stand to a walker and pivot to another seat. It's a real effort but at the end he says "good job" He is my hero. But on an anonymous forum, I have to tell you it seems kind of silly.(and pathetic)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157252 Dec 13, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's correct.
No, it isn't.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#157253 Dec 13, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't.
Yes it is.

Location hidden

#157254 Dec 13, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I have to chuckle at you multiple positive judgicons We all know you gave them to yourself. Now i understand, positive self-talk and all. My husband is in a wheelchair and can only stand to a walker and pivot to another seat. It's a real effort but at the end he says "good job" He is my hero. But on an anonymous forum, I have to tell you it seems kind of silly.(and pathetic)
Can one judge one's own posts? I've been laboring under the impression that was prohibited.

Merry Christmas, Lis.

Location hidden

#157255 Dec 13, 2012
Merry Christmas, Lyndi.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#157256 Dec 13, 2012
Merry Christmas, Lyndi.
What about me?

Location hidden

#157257 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about me?
This one's for you.

&fe ature=share

Merry Christmas, Catcher.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#157258 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>This one's for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HI6EIL06jSUXX&feature=sha re
Merry Christmas, Catcher.
Hey thanks.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#157259 Dec 13, 2012
Multiple choice Christmas quiz:

What do you see on top of the tree?

A) A cute angel
B) Acute angle
C) Pointy needles
D) Needless pointy things
E) All of the above
rider

Marquette, MI

#157260 Dec 13, 2012
www.realclearpolitics.com/.../freudian_slip_j... ...
Dec 3, 2012
John McCain (R-Ari.) jokingly calls Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass), "Mr. Secretary" at a news ...
rider

Marquette, MI

#157261 Dec 13, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Dave Nelson 764,913
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Michael 554,953
Moses never existed 20 min Dr Wu 561
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Ugly Truth from d... 603,644
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 46 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,413
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 37,650
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Remnant of 144000 39,157
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 263,529
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 hr zafar 1,183

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE