Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
Democrats threaten violence on Michigan House floor
“There will be blood,” State Representative Douglas Geiss threatened from the floor of the Michigan House of Representatives today as the body debated legislation that would make Michigan the nation’s 24th right to work state.
“I really wish we had not gone here,” Geiss continued.“It is the leadership in this house that has led us here. The same leadership that tried to throw a bomb right on election day, leading to a member switching parties, and came in at the 11th hour with a gotcha bill. For that, I do not see solace, I do not see peace.”
Bring it on. He owns this if it happens as many in this nation will have no problem with self defense.
Looks the dems are doing all they can to make good on it:

Fox News contributor punched in face at pro-union protests in Michigan

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/11/fo...
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Hey Lawest, this is why I think most are not honest. With what happened in Mi. yesterday and the msm says this:

Networks Skip Union Violence in Mich., Insist Protesters Are Simply 'Voicing Their Anger'

They make real threats and say they will kill people that disagree. A lie is evil sir and while I am very thankful of where I place my faith I will say unitl my last breath what is going on in this nation is evil and out of he pit of hell. We are on the wrong track here.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2...
UidiotRACEMAkeWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just continue to blame Bush for everything, right.. Nice try!! Howdy everyone!!
Bush is still a hero to me..
Bushjr & Co already tried for war crimes against humanity at International war crimes tribunal . It sure tell alot about character of person who vote for war criminals. Do you know about BUsh families criminal history ? BWhhwhhhwwwW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> The invasion of Iraq will likely always be a subject of open debate. Those who know me here will remember that I defended Bush's reasons for going to war against Iraq for these reasons:
Given the Intel reports that Saddam was harboring WMD's.
Saddam hussein's refusal to comply with UN resolutions to allow weapon inspectors in his country.u
We had just suffered the worst attack on our own soil in US history and so we were determined not to let anything like that happen again.
Saddam Hussein himself is largely at fault for his nation being invaded by his refusal to comply with UN weapon inspectors. Once he saw that the rumor was out that he had WMD's he should have went totally out of his way to prove otherwise, he may have still been in power today or at least alive.
Bush himself after his presidency bemoaned that he wished that tbe intel reports had been more accurate, I'm not saying that everything that happened was right but I understand why what hapoened did given the circumstances of that time.
But US put saddam (US puppet) in power and when saddam no longer useful he had been scapegoated for this, no longer needed he got the can!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
There was intelligence information and stuff withheld, but I don't see how some devious plan to invade the Middle East facilitated by destroying the economy and killing thousands of people. That is just plain stupid.
lawest sure been brainwashed... Not just middle East but a corrupted US Fed Res. global macroeconomic wars on the world livelihood but a coup d'tete on AMericans economic and financial well being.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
High Ranking US Major General Exposes September 11
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/12/high-rank...
During Obama adminstration alot of US generals are being removed from their US Military post, and our US Faux corporatist/govt controlled media only reports about Gen. Patreus domestic affair, they don't want Americans and most world to know about what really going inside US govt.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Chris Clearwater wrote:
Hey Lawest, this is why I think most are not honest. With what happened in Mi. yesterday and the msm says this:
Networks Skip Union Violence in Mich., Insist Protesters Are Simply 'Voicing Their Anger'
They make real threats and say they will kill people that disagree. A lie is evil sir and while I am very thankful of where I place my faith I will say unitl my last breath what is going on in this nation is evil and out of he pit of hell. We are on the wrong track here.
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2...
A little over a year ago the dems were decrying such statements and blaming R's for the shooting in AZ. because of statements like that.
IIRC

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A little over a year ago the dems were decrying such statements and blaming R's for the shooting in AZ. because of statements like that.
IIRC
What liberals believe just does not make any sense. Or it only makes sense if democrats do it. I tried to post earlier about this but it didn't show up. I found out recently that by March 2013 All social security checks must be by electronic deposit. Dems (liberals) thought it was awful to expect voters to have photo id's. But I'm not hearing a word of outrage about the same type of thing being enacted on our sick and elderly. My experience is to open a bank account you need photo ID. Then fees are charged with all accounts. Who is going to take them to open up the account, who is going to foot the bill for the fees? Dems asked the same about voter ID. but not about this.
It might not seem to relate but if it favors the liberals pov the liberals are for it. It doesn't matter who it hurts.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What liberals believe just does not make any sense. Or it only makes sense if democrats do it. I tried to post earlier about this but it didn't show up. I found out recently that by March 2013 All social security checks must be by electronic deposit. Dems (liberals) thought it was awful to expect voters to have photo id's. But I'm not hearing a word of outrage about the same type of thing being enacted on our sick and elderly. My experience is to open a bank account you need photo ID. Then fees are charged with all accounts. Who is going to take them to open up the account, who is going to foot the bill for the fees? Dems asked the same about voter ID. but not about this.
It might not seem to relate but if it favors the liberals pov the liberals are for it. It doesn't matter who it hurts.
Good points.

Yes the photo ID is the mug shot and when you open the account you go through the fingerprinting. What the hell, are they opening up a bank account or getting tossed in the slammer..........
;0)

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What liberals believe just does not make any sense. Or it only makes sense if democrats do it. I tried to post earlier about this but it didn't show up. I found out recently that by March 2013 All social security checks must be by electronic deposit. Dems (liberals) thought it was awful to expect voters to have photo id's. But I'm not hearing a word of outrage about the same type of thing being enacted on our sick and elderly. My experience is to open a bank account you need photo ID. Then fees are charged with all accounts. Who is going to take them to open up the account, who is going to foot the bill for the fees? Dems asked the same about voter ID. but not about this.
Don't need a bank account - you can have funds payable to a debit card issued for that purpose. You'll pay fees if you use it at an ATM.

I'm not really sure the decision to switch to electronic funds transfer is a "liberal" idea, but hey - you seem to think it can be used as one, so...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Don't need a bank account - you can have funds payable to a debit card issued for that purpose. You'll pay fees if you use it at an ATM.
I'm not really sure the decision to switch to electronic funds transfer is a "liberal" idea, but hey - you seem to think it can be used as one, so...
I dont think it was an idea from liberals. The idea is to save money and those thoughts dont figure into a libs mind, their focused on spending it not saving it..........

;0)

But, as I'm sure Lis will tell you the point is the big issue with photo id voting was the added cost those seniors would have and the hardship of obtaining it. That seemed to all fly out the window with this issue. Seems thats only a problem for voting.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think it was an idea from liberals. The idea is to save money and those thoughts dont figure into a libs mind, their focused on spending it not saving it..........
;0)
But, as I'm sure Lis will tell you the point is the big issue with photo id voting was the added cost those seniors would have and the hardship of obtaining it. That seemed to all fly out the window with this issue. Seems thats only a problem for voting.
Her assumption seed to be that a bank account was required, which isn't true. Of course, you'd need identification to get SS so (if you think there's a point here) I supose it still works as well or as poorly.

That said ... since the poorer you the more likely you are to pay exorbitant fees, its probably a con idea after all...

Needless to say, I dont believe that - but it does seem to be what passes for political discussion these days.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Her assumption seed to be that a bank account was required, which isn't true. Of course, you'd need identification to get SS so (if you think there's a point here) I supose it still works as well or as poorly.
That said ... since the poorer you the more likely you are to pay exorbitant fees, its probably a con idea after all...
Needless to say, I dont believe that - but it does seem to be what passes for political discussion these days.
Don't be obtuse, it's unbecoming. You know very well what the point is. Whether a dem or an R thought it up requiring electronic deposit requires the same thing that getting ID to vote does. The only difference is the outcry. I am for the electronic deposit. It makes sense and reduces waste, not to mention theft. But it does require an account whether debit or checking. You are aware that each debit transaction has a charge, right? I am also for voter ID. But anything good takes some work to help those who don't normally operate that way. The idea that voter ID disenfranchises anyone is a red herring. If it weren't people would be complaining about electronic deposits. Plain and simple.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be obtuse, it's unbecoming. You know very well what the point is. Whether a dem or an R thought it up requiring electronic deposit requires the same thing that getting ID to vote does. The only difference is the outcry. I am for the electronic deposit. It makes sense and reduces waste, not to mention theft. But it does require an account whether debit or checking. You are aware that each debit transaction has a charge, right? I am also for voter ID. But anything good takes some work to help those who don't normally operate that way. The idea that voter ID disenfranchises anyone is a red herring. If it weren't people would be complaining about electronic deposits. Plain and simple.
No, it does not require a bank account. You can get a govt issued (EBT) card. I'm assuming there is a fee schedule, but I'm on my phone and can't easily search for it.

BTW, neither my banks nor my credit union charge me for retail debits, even with cash back.

I see where you were trying to go - I just don't think you got there. In the conversation about voter ID there were more red herrings than a busy fish market at the height of the season on both sides

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, it does not require a bank account. You can get a govt issued (EBT) card. I'm assuming there is a fee schedule, but I'm on my phone and can't easily search for it.
BTW, neither my banks nor my credit union charge me for retail debits, even with cash back.
I see where you were trying to go - I just don't think you got there. In the conversation about voter ID there were more red herrings than a busy fish market at the height of the season on both sides
Not to mention the fact that the Voter ID requirement was unnecessary on its face. It was a solution in search of a problem.

The reason there is no hue and cry about the EBT requirement for Social Security being 'discriminatory', is that there is ALREADY a phhoto ID requirement attached to receiving Social Security. One has to show 3 forms of ID, with at least one being a state or Federally issued photo, before receiving one's SS card, and always has.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be obtuse, it's unbecoming. You know very well what the point is. Whether a dem or an R thought it up requiring electronic deposit requires the same thing that getting ID to vote does. The only difference is the outcry. I am for the electronic deposit. It makes sense and reduces waste, not to mention theft. But it does require an account whether debit or checking. You are aware that each debit transaction has a charge, right? I am also for voter ID. But anything good takes some work to help those who don't normally operate that way. The idea that voter ID disenfranchises anyone is a red herring. If it weren't people would be complaining about electronic deposits. Plain and simple.
All you might as well given into national ID RFID tagged and get 666 on forehead...

BWHHAHAHHAAAAAa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>No, it does not require a bank account. You can get a govt issued (EBT) card. I'm assuming there is a fee schedule, but I'm on my phone and can't easily search for it.
Psst Some bank do charge for have saving and/or checking account...

And, add insult to injury with US cause of global financial contagion they had hit world with 1% fee and with other hidden fees...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>My dad, the card, told us kids never to buy anything from a guy with 'honest' in front of his name: a man who has to claim honesty, is un-acquainted with the meaning of the word.(Also that there is no such thing as an 'honest used-car salesman'.)
Funny AND true :)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny AND true :)
Apparently the humor was lost on the original recipient...

:)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

has anyone noticed the Republican manufactured "fiscal cliff" is coming back to bite them in the AZZ

There would be NO "fiscal Cliff" if the Republicans hadn't used tax increases on the top 2% as a bargaining chip during last years debt ceiling debacle.

They were so sure Willard Romney was going to win the election they wouldn't have anything to worry about...well...(they shouldn't have listened to Karl Rove)

The Republican Party is truly in crisis, and that crisis is now coming to a head. The popular vote in the most recent election was an endorsement of Obama’s performance and a clear refutation of GOP extremism.

The majority in the country want taxes on the top 2% to increase, it appears the Republicans are Hell bent on their very own extinction.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 150,461 - 150,480 of171,454
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

472 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min pusherman_ 530,099
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Catcher1 716,627
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Aura Mytha 598,762
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min RiccardoFire 93,231
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 13 min RiccardoFire 36,407
Appjoy invite code 15 min Dave 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min onemale 255,719
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min number four 223,213
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••