Comments
150,341 - 150,360 of 173,283 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#157105 Dec 6, 2012
rider wrote:
Investigative journalist Russ Baker, who has written an explosive new volume on the Bush dynasty called Family of Secrets, did not need to convince anyone at his book party at SoHo House on Monday night that he wasn’t a crazy conspiracy nut. Dressed in a suit and tie and standing before a microphone at the front of the dimly lit dining room that had been rented out for the occasion, Mr. Baker was the image of trustworthiness as he read excerpts from his book and took questions from the audience.
One person asked to hear more on what Mr. Baker had learned about George H. W. Bush’s connection to the Kennedy assassination. Another asked how Mr. Baker’s book might be used to teach young people about journalism.
Then someone brought up the million dollar question: Namely, how is Mr. Baker planning to convince the mainstream media that the startling discoveries he’d made about the Bush family—discoveries that Bloomsbury Press, Mr. Baker’s publisher, has advertised as revelatory and paradigm-shifting—were worth paying attention to?
“I don’t know!” Mr. Baker said at first.“I mean, my entire career I have done stories that people said,‘Oh my gosh, this is just going to go everywhere!’ But the reality is the bigger the story, the [harder it is]—and I have many, many friends who work for major news organizations—several of them are here today—and they tell me it’s very difficult to get this stuff out there. Because it’s explosive, and it questions some of the underlying structural values of our country.”
He said corporate interests at mainstream media outlets like The New York Times, CBS and ABC—which are “still run on a bottom-line basis”—prevented reporters there from addressing sensational information of the sort he had uncovered during his research.
Pub Crawl asked Ms. Regan how, if you’re sitting on some volatile piece of information that no one else has really documented before, do you convince people not to dismiss you as a lunatic?
“It’s impossible,” Ms. Regan said.“The forces of the corporate-owned media are so powerful that a voice like this is hard to be heard because all they do is marginalize you and demonize you and defame you. The truth is, these are the few people left who do real reporting. It’s very hard to find people who do real investigative reporting anymore, and it’s these lone guys who don’t have any ax to grind, they’re not serving any corporate agenda, they’re not serving anything but their own reporting. They’re very brave and they’re very courageous and they’re very uncelebrated, because the mainstream media will not listen to them. People who are responsible have to help him. They do.”
She added:“The other problem is the big corporations hire people to sit in little rooms in Brooklyn and blog and to interfere with people like Russ. I’m quite familiar with this process. If you’re one little person, it’s you against the world, it’s David and Goliath, and it’s hard.”
Yawn!!!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#157106 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't have me mixed up with someone else.
My post about things being better in California had to do with the economic situation. Responding to a doom-and-gloom post, I stated that things are better--improving--here in California.
And I stand by that statement.
I don't know what the "free thinker" comment is about. I certainly wouldn't categorize all Californians as being free thinkers. We have our share of dummies here....
Of course every state has their dummies, California too,(case in point). But where you live does have something to do with it. Why do you think there are blue and red states. The way people live based on the geography and the lifestyle of their region does have an influence on their ideology. I hold that California for a long time has lost touch with reality. For a long time they have lived above their means, perhaps influenced by a number of things. In the midwest people work and live differently. I'm just saying openmindedness about our differences helps the conversation.
I hold that if I were to move to (not just visit) California, I'd have an adjustment period. If you moved here, same for you. We're different and viva la difference. But one is not better than the other.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#157107 Dec 6, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Last summer we had a fire in the blgd. next to me. Thank God nobody was hurt but the guy I've posted about here thats on food stamps and other gov programs showed me his apartment. He had some minor smoke damage as it was 3 units from his. I noted he has all the lastest toys. Nice new big tv. hot tub ect. I would prefer that people that claim they need help really know something about priorities. Perhaps they do just don't happen to agree. He voted for the guy that went to Las Vegas when one of our ambassadors and other were murdered. Said it then say it now our so called leaders are doing all they can to ensure people in this nation are worse off and it may come to riots.
Perhaps he purchased all that stuff before he fell on bad times. Should a person who loses their job, sell all their stuff before applying for assistance?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#157108 Dec 6, 2012
Someone had me banned.....

I guess they didn't like my "Smiling Tree"

Bahumbug

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#157109 Dec 6, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
Bahumbug
That's what happened. I thought I was hallucinating. I went to reply to one of your posts and all of the sudden it disappeared.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#157110 Dec 6, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Of course every state has their dummies, California too,(case in point). But where you live does have something to do with it. Why do you think there are blue and red states. The way people live based on the geography and the lifestyle of their region does have an influence on their ideology. I hold that California for a long time has lost touch with reality. For a long time they have lived above their means, perhaps influenced by a number of things. In the midwest people work and live differently. I'm just saying openmindedness about our differences helps the conversation.
I hold that if I were to move to (not just visit) California, I'd have an adjustment period. If you moved here, same for you. We're different and viva la difference. But one is not better than the other.
Chaser's a typical liberal optimist. The new tax law will NOT fix anything in CA. The only "fix" will be to get rid of the tax & spend
Democrats that've had a stranglehold on Sacramento for over 2 decades.

That same mentality in DC is what's causing this financial crisis.
The nation's debt increases by $4 Billion each day, and there is NO interest from the king to make serious cuts. He thinks taxing the rich will save his bacon, and I truly hope he maintains that line.

Location hidden

#157111 Dec 6, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's what happened. I thought I was hallucinating. I went to reply to one of your posts and all of the sudden it disappeared.
Yep, someone didn't like my "Tree" LOL

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#157112 Dec 6, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
Bahumbug
There's at least a half dozen of you sorry nimrods I'd love to see kicked out of here permanently. Especially YOU!

Location hidden

#157113 Dec 6, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Chaser's a typical liberal optimist. The new tax law will NOT fix anything in CA. The only "fix" will be to get rid of the tax & spend
The nation's debt increases by $4 Billion each day, and there is NO interest from the king to make serious cuts. He thinks taxing the rich will save his bacon, and I truly hope he maintains that line.
You obviously haven't looked at all the spending cuts included in Obama's plan have you?

Since: Sep 10

United States

#157114 Dec 6, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Of course every state has their dummies, California too,(case in point). But where you live does have something to do with it. Why do you think there are blue and red states. The way people live based on the geography and the lifestyle of their region does have an influence on their ideology. I hold that California for a long time has lost touch with reality. For a long time they have lived above their means, perhaps influenced by a number of things. In the midwest people work and live differently. I'm just saying openmindedness about our differences helps the conversation.
Fair enough. You do have a point.

I hold that, if you were to move to California, you would end up loving it.

BTW, look where I am now.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#157115 Dec 6, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Bob.

We may disagree, but please, don't change my name.

Your friend, Chaser.

I mean Catcher.

See what you did?
Roberta G

Duluth, GA

#157116 Dec 6, 2012
Just testing from my new phone, folks :)
UIdiotraceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#157117 Dec 6, 2012
rider wrote:
Investigative journalist Russ Baker, who has written an explosive new volume on the Bush dynasty called Family of Secrets, did not need to convince anyone at his book party at SoHo House on Monday night that he wasn’t a crazy conspiracy nut. Dressed in a suit and tie and standing before a microphone at the front of the dimly lit dining room that had been rented out for the occasion, Mr. Baker was the image of trustworthiness as he read excerpts from his book and took questions from the audience.
One person asked to hear more on what Mr. Baker had learned about George H. W. Bush’s connection to the Kennedy assassination. Another asked how Mr. Baker’s book might be used to teach young people about journalism.
Then someone brought up the million dollar question: Namely, how is Mr. Baker planning to convince the mainstream media that the startling discoveries he’d made about the Bush family—discoveries that Bloomsbury Press, Mr. Baker’s publisher, has advertised as revelatory and paradigm-shifting—were worth paying attention to?
“I don’t know!” Mr. Baker said at first.“I mean, my entire career I have done stories that people said,‘Oh my gosh, this is just going to go everywhere!’ But the reality is the bigger the story, the [harder it is]—and I have many, many friends who work for major news organizations—several of them are here today—and they tell me it’s very difficult to get this stuff out there. Because it’s explosive, and it questions some of the underlying structural values of our country.”
He said corporate interests at mainstream media outlets like The New York Times, CBS and ABC—which are “still run on a bottom-line basis”—prevented reporters there from addressing sensational information of the sort he had uncovered during his research.
Pub Crawl asked Ms. Regan how, if you’re sitting on some volatile piece of information that no one else has really documented before, do you convince people not to dismiss you as a lunatic?
“It’s impossible,” Ms. Regan said.“The forces of the corporate-owned media are so powerful that a voice like this is hard to be heard because all they do is marginalize you and demonize you and defame you. The truth is, these are the few people left who do real reporting. It’s very hard to find people who do real investigative reporting anymore, and it’s these lone guys who don’t have any ax to grind, they’re not serving any corporate agenda, they’re not serving anything but their own reporting. They’re very brave and they’re very courageous and they’re very uncelebrated, because the mainstream media will not listen to them. People who are responsible have to help him. They do.”
She added:“The other problem is the big corporations hire people to sit in little rooms in Brooklyn and blog and to interfere with people like Russ. I’m quite familiar with this process. If you’re one little person, it’s you against the world, it’s David and Goliath, and it’s hard.”
George W. Bush, July 26, 2001

If this were a dictatorship it would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it, as long as I was the dictato
UIdiotraceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#157118 Dec 6, 2012
George W. Bush, July 26, 2001

If this were a dictatorship it would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it, as long as I was the dictator
rider

Marquette, MI

#157119 Dec 6, 2012
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
Charles P. Cabell

Charles Pearre Cabell (October 11, 1903 – May 25, 1971) was an United States Air Force General and deputy director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

Cabell achieved the rank of colonel in 1942 and brigadier general in 1944, serving both at Air Force headquarters at The Pentagon and in the European Theater. During the late 1940s and early 1950s, he held a variety of staff headquarters positions, including chief of Air Force intelligence 1948-1951, and director of the staff for the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1951-1953.

In 1949, Cabell set up Project Grudge to "make a study reviewing the UFO situation for AF HQ." However, Grudge quickly became all but moribund, while simultaneously reporting that all UFO cases were being closely investigated. When Cabell learned of this, he ordered Grudge dissolved and ordered that the "open minded"[1] Project Blue Book be created.

In 1952, he was an enthusiastic promoter of the U-2 spy plane, along with Allen Welsh Dulles and John Foster Dulles.

[edit] CIA careerOn April 23, 1953, while still an active Air Force officer, he was appointed deputy director of the CIA. In 1956, along with the CIA's Richard Bissell, he flew to Bonn, to brief the West German Chancellor, Konrad Adenauer, on the U-2 program. Adenauer allowed U-2 planes, pilots, and support teams to be based at Wiesbaden. He was promoted to full general in 1958.

Cabell became Deputy Director of CIA under Allen Dulles. He was forced by President Kennedy to resign, on January 31, 1962, following the failure of the Bay of Pigs Invasion.[2] Cabell's brother, Earle Cabell, was Mayor of Dallas when Kennedy visited that city and was assassinated, on November 22, 1963.[3]

[edit] Legacy and deathThe Washington Post revealed in 1973 that New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison was preparing as late as March 1971 to accuse Charles Cabell of conspiracy in the Kennedy assassination, although he had no evidence.[4]
rider

Marquette, MI

#157120 Dec 6, 2012
Earle CabellFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search Earle Cabell (October 27, 1906 – September 24, 1975), was a Texas politician who served as mayor of Dallas, Texas. Cabell was mayor at the time of the assassination of John F. Kennedy and was later a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. He was son of Dallas mayor Ben E. Cabell and grandson of Dallas mayor William L. Cabell. He was the brother of Charles Cabell, who was Deputy Director of Central Intelligence until he resigned in the wake of the Bay of Pigs invasion. Many researchers believe that Cabell had President John F. Kennedy's motorcade rerouted at the last minute. Debunkers claimed to have disproved this claim by demonstrating that the change had not been made at the last minute.[1] However, it remains unclear why such an unsafe route had been chosen in the first place, given that safer routes to the Dallas Trade Mart (the motorcade's destination) existed.

Cabell attended Texas A&M University, where he met Jack Crichton and H.R. "Bum" Bright, and Southern Methodist University. After returning from college, he founded, along with his brothers, Cabell's Inc., a chain of dairies and convenience stores. He later became involved with banking and other investments. In May 1961, he was elected mayor to succeed Robert L. Thornton.

On February 3, 1964, Cabell resigned as mayor of Dallas in order to run for Congress. He unseated the ten-year Republican incumbent Bruce Alger. In that same election, Jack Crichton was defeated by a wide margin by the Democratic Governor John B. Connally, Jr., and George Herbert Walker Bush fell to Senator Ralph W. Yarborough. Cabell served four terms in the House before he was defeated by the Republican Alan Steelman in the 1972 election.

Following his defeat, he retired in Dallas, where he lived until his death in 1975. He was buried at Restland Cemetery in Dallas.[2]
rider

Marquette, MI

#157121 Dec 6, 2012
A dramatic illustration of the intensity of the corporate media cover-up of Kennedy assassination evidence was exhibited in Garrison's description of his incredible appearance on NBC's The Tonight Show sometime between 1967 and 1969 when a young Johnny Carson beginning his long reign as a late-night talk show king (ON THE TRAIL OF THE ASSASSINS, p. 244-248):

"I was not sure if the Dallas police force had been penetrated, or impersonated, or both. As I put the prints of the shotgun arrests in my briefcase, I resolved that anyone watching the Johnny Carson Show the following night was going to get to see them. The next day I went to Carson's NBC offices as scheduled...Three or four well-dressed men, obviously all attorneys, entered the room. They questioned me for several hours on just what my responses would be if I were asked particular questions. I fielded the questions and my answers were recorded."

"Carson...seemed stiff and ill at ease...I noticed that his desk was covered with typewritten question and answers...When in frustration he asked me why the government was still concealing evidence, as I had contended, I knew that my moment to show the photographs had arrived.'Maybe I'd better show you pictures.' "

3 Tramps
Before anyone could stop me, I was holding in front of the camera one of the big photographs showing the three men being marched off by the Dallas police with their shotguns. It took Carson a moment to recognize the scene, but when he realized what it was, he lunged at my arm like a cobra, pulling it down violently so that the pictures were out of the camera's view.'Photographs like this don't show up on television,' he said."

"I held the picture up again for display in front of the camera.'Sure they do,' I replied.'The camera can pick this up.' This time Carson yanked my arm down even harder.'No, it can't,' he snapped. Nevertheless, I swung the picture up for the third time. This time, however, I saw the red light blink off and realized that the director of the show had cut the camera off...Then, before anyone could change the subject, I said loudly,'Those arrested men you just saw were never seen again. They all got away.' "

This striking example of corporate-controlled media covering up real news involving criminal acts in government has been repeated over and over again right up through September 11 and the Iraq War because powerful agency individuals behind the scenes have been employing secret “control files" containing such evidence as infidelity, pedophilia, and financial improprieties to blackmail and seek favors from congressmen and senators who have the mandated responsibility of oversight and investigation of governmental crimes.

FBI prior warning—and obstruction of justice

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#157123 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Bob.
We may disagree, but please, don't change my name.
Your friend, Chaser.
I mean Catcher.
See what you did?
Ya don't get it do ya? Well you're a bright boy, it'll come to you.

Location hidden

#157125 Dec 7, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
There's at least a half dozen of you sorry nimrods I'd love to see kicked out of here permanently. Especially YOU!
To bad...

Deal with it....

The world isn't made up of only hate filled angry dolts (like you)

Thank GOD

Location hidden

#157126 Dec 7, 2012
Unemployment fell to 7.7% in November - down again from 7.8% last month - according to the Labor Dept. jobs report published this morning. The economy added 146,000 jobs, better than the increase of 85,000 to 95,000 jobs predicted by economists.

The report puts the unemployment rate at its lowest since December 2008

The fact that unemployment continued to drop this month should put and end to unfounded rumors that Obama fudged the 7.8% unemployment rate to win voters.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 min Neelakaran 1,109
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 13 min Neelakaran 5,322
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min confrinting with ... 539,077
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min atheism is destru... 733,160
Last Word + 2 21 min Hannah V 527
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min lil whispers 599,982
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min Just Think 117,990
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min Patrick 226,376
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min Charlie Sheen 258,044
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••