UIdiotraceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#157089 Dec 6, 2012
UIdiotraceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Through OPIC... US Corporations don't evil pay taxes. And, US Oil Conglomerates even forgone environmental stewardship not community friendly to dumbed down Americans and plunders the world livelihooods.
that is some US corporation don't even pay taxes

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#157091 Dec 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. don't know about CATCHER but think I have everyone's number ..
.. you're a Christian, believe Bush is a hero and are very bitter that Romney lost the election. You'd love to call me a name but you won't because you must retain your Topix persona. Because you're somewhat narcissistic, you've always had a secret desire to have sex with a woman ..
.. Chris Clearwater & BobinTX are teabaggers ..
.. Lyndi has a big vocabulary, a decent brain. Her downfall? She detests liberals ..
.. BadBob is LisW's defender ..
.. aside from Catcher, Wild Weird Willie is probably the most intelligent person on this thread ..
.. OKB2 is opinionated, maybe a conservative in liberal clothing ..
.. Sister Kathryn Lust is a social conservative and blatantly non-religious. That makes the Christians angry ..
.. BlackHeart is Native American and loathes BadBob. May be Dene ..
.. World Idiot loves a good conspiracy story but needs Catcher's help with his English ..
.. Rider on the Storm is sharp and witty, a fun kinda guy ..
.. Karl47 keeps the teabaggers angry, on their toes ..
.. how did I do ??..
You forgot Happy Lesbo,who is a sex obsessed atheist Christian basher ,no doubt driven to atheism as a means of punishing members of the organzied religion she feels persecuted and ostracized by. How did I do?

United States

#157092 Dec 6, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Free food should be a right. End food stamps and have gov provide "free" food at once.
You sure not so bright - DIMwit as some you lowly right wing, Xtain fundie ...clueless and easy taken to leaders by those in corrupted power!

henry kissinger "Kissinger: "Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people."

United States

#157093 Dec 6, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Among the many reasons that manufacturing jobs have been fleeing/flowing overseas for 55 +/- years, corporate taxes probably ranks pretty low on the list, IMO.
Why pay American workers a decent hourly wage in an environmentally sound and safe facility when you can increase your ROI by paying someone in Bumfukistan next to nothing?
And, the highest Marginal "Individual " Income tax rateS is (look AT CENTURY of data)?

bwhhahahhhaaaaa

United States

#157094 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As you may imagine, I have heard them all.
Nobody likes lawyers (until they need one).
Interjecting this post of yours addressed to Sis KAt

hOW YOU DEAL WITH those kANGAROO COURT or you give in to them?

United States

#157095 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully agree with you, this is reprehensible, as are $300 toilet seats and junkets.
And I also agree that what the wealthy do is done through legal tax practices and excellent legal and accountancy advice. My very point is that the tax system is skewed in their favor. I have wriggled in my seat, at extravagant dinners of this sort (which I don't usually enjoy but must sometimes attend), while the host and guests celebrated their situational good fortune, sometimes laughing while toasting to the taxpayers who fund their lavish lifestyle.
It's not unlike racism: In the privacy of their personal raletionships with others who feel as they do, people say things they won't say in public.
Don't you love VARIETY OF IRS taxholes the geared for Corporatist plutocrats...
BWhhahhaha

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#157096 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't place people into categories based on where they live. I travel extensively. In the past few months I have twice visited the midwest (Omaha and Chicago), traveled to the east coast three times (Boston, D.C. and Baltimore), and also went to Florida, New Mexico and Austin. I have found that people are people wherever I go, every place is interesting, and no place is more "real" than another (OK, there is one exception--Las Vegas).
I do consider myself open minded, optimistic, hopeful, and positive about people. But, as you have seen, I am not reluctant to express my views.
I don't "run in a crowd," as you believe. I am very independent.
Oh excuse me, but I thought that was how you started out here. "things are better here in sunny california, here we are free thinkers, it must be because you are "there" that you started thinking that way." Paraphrasing of course. Do I have you mixed up with someone else?

United States

#157097 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm optimistic about a reasonable outcome.
So says Mr. Can't Be Objective....
Congressman tell the truth about corrupted US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#157098 Dec 6, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Oh excuse me, but I thought that was how you started out here. "things are better here in sunny california, here we are free thinkers, it must be because you are "there" that you started thinking that way." Paraphrasing of course. Do I have you mixed up with someone else?
No, you don't have me mixed up with someone else.

My post about things being better in California had to do with the economic situation. Responding to a doom-and-gloom post, I stated that things are better--improving--here in California.

And I stand by that statement.

I don't know what the "free thinker" comment is about. I certainly wouldn't categorize all Californians as being free thinkers. We have our share of dummies here....

United States

#157100 Dec 6, 2012
Congressman Ron Paul : Democrats and Republicans Are Dinosaurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#157102 Dec 6, 2012
I'm moving to Bumfukistan.

United States

#157103 Dec 6, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
I'm moving to Bumfukistan.
Good luck! US will see to it , you get invaded! BHAHHAHAAA
rider

Marquette, MI

#157104 Dec 6, 2012
Investigative journalist Russ Baker, who has written an explosive new volume on the Bush dynasty called Family of Secrets, did not need to convince anyone at his book party at SoHo House on Monday night that he wasn’t a crazy conspiracy nut. Dressed in a suit and tie and standing before a microphone at the front of the dimly lit dining room that had been rented out for the occasion, Mr. Baker was the image of trustworthiness as he read excerpts from his book and took questions from the audience.

One person asked to hear more on what Mr. Baker had learned about George H. W. Bush’s connection to the Kennedy assassination. Another asked how Mr. Baker’s book might be used to teach young people about journalism.

Then someone brought up the million dollar question: Namely, how is Mr. Baker planning to convince the mainstream media that the startling discoveries he’d made about the Bush family—discoveries that Bloomsbury Press, Mr. Baker’s publisher, has advertised as revelatory and paradigm-shifting—were worth paying attention to?

“I don’t know!” Mr. Baker said at first.“I mean, my entire career I have done stories that people said,‘Oh my gosh, this is just going to go everywhere!’ But the reality is the bigger the story, the [harder it is]—and I have many, many friends who work for major news organizations—several of them are here today—and they tell me it’s very difficult to get this stuff out there. Because it’s explosive, and it questions some of the underlying structural values of our country.”

He said corporate interests at mainstream media outlets like The New York Times, CBS and ABC—which are “still run on a bottom-line basis”—prevented reporters there from addressing sensational information of the sort he had uncovered during his research.

Pub Crawl asked Ms. Regan how, if you’re sitting on some volatile piece of information that no one else has really documented before, do you convince people not to dismiss you as a lunatic?

“It’s impossible,” Ms. Regan said.“The forces of the corporate-owned media are so powerful that a voice like this is hard to be heard because all they do is marginalize you and demonize you and defame you. The truth is, these are the few people left who do real reporting. It’s very hard to find people who do real investigative reporting anymore, and it’s these lone guys who don’t have any ax to grind, they’re not serving any corporate agenda, they’re not serving anything but their own reporting. They’re very brave and they’re very courageous and they’re very uncelebrated, because the mainstream media will not listen to them. People who are responsible have to help him. They do.”

She added:“The other problem is the big corporations hire people to sit in little rooms in Brooklyn and blog and to interfere with people like Russ. I’m quite familiar with this process. If you’re one little person, it’s you against the world, it’s David and Goliath, and it’s hard.”

Location hidden

#157105 Dec 6, 2012
rider wrote:
Investigative journalist Russ Baker, who has written an explosive new volume on the Bush dynasty called Family of Secrets, did not need to convince anyone at his book party at SoHo House on Monday night that he wasn’t a crazy conspiracy nut. Dressed in a suit and tie and standing before a microphone at the front of the dimly lit dining room that had been rented out for the occasion, Mr. Baker was the image of trustworthiness as he read excerpts from his book and took questions from the audience.
One person asked to hear more on what Mr. Baker had learned about George H. W. Bush’s connection to the Kennedy assassination. Another asked how Mr. Baker’s book might be used to teach young people about journalism.
Then someone brought up the million dollar question: Namely, how is Mr. Baker planning to convince the mainstream media that the startling discoveries he’d made about the Bush family—discoveries that Bloomsbury Press, Mr. Baker’s publisher, has advertised as revelatory and paradigm-shifting—were worth paying attention to?
“I don’t know!” Mr. Baker said at first.“I mean, my entire career I have done stories that people said,‘Oh my gosh, this is just going to go everywhere!’ But the reality is the bigger the story, the [harder it is]—and I have many, many friends who work for major news organizations—several of them are here today—and they tell me it’s very difficult to get this stuff out there. Because it’s explosive, and it questions some of the underlying structural values of our country.”
He said corporate interests at mainstream media outlets like The New York Times, CBS and ABC—which are “still run on a bottom-line basis”—prevented reporters there from addressing sensational information of the sort he had uncovered during his research.
Pub Crawl asked Ms. Regan how, if you’re sitting on some volatile piece of information that no one else has really documented before, do you convince people not to dismiss you as a lunatic?
“It’s impossible,” Ms. Regan said.“The forces of the corporate-owned media are so powerful that a voice like this is hard to be heard because all they do is marginalize you and demonize you and defame you. The truth is, these are the few people left who do real reporting. It’s very hard to find people who do real investigative reporting anymore, and it’s these lone guys who don’t have any ax to grind, they’re not serving any corporate agenda, they’re not serving anything but their own reporting. They’re very brave and they’re very courageous and they’re very uncelebrated, because the mainstream media will not listen to them. People who are responsible have to help him. They do.”
She added:“The other problem is the big corporations hire people to sit in little rooms in Brooklyn and blog and to interfere with people like Russ. I’m quite familiar with this process. If you’re one little person, it’s you against the world, it’s David and Goliath, and it’s hard.”
Yawn!!!!

Location hidden

#157106 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't have me mixed up with someone else.
My post about things being better in California had to do with the economic situation. Responding to a doom-and-gloom post, I stated that things are better--improving--here in California.
And I stand by that statement.
I don't know what the "free thinker" comment is about. I certainly wouldn't categorize all Californians as being free thinkers. We have our share of dummies here....
Of course every state has their dummies, California too,(case in point). But where you live does have something to do with it. Why do you think there are blue and red states. The way people live based on the geography and the lifestyle of their region does have an influence on their ideology. I hold that California for a long time has lost touch with reality. For a long time they have lived above their means, perhaps influenced by a number of things. In the midwest people work and live differently. I'm just saying openmindedness about our differences helps the conversation.
I hold that if I were to move to (not just visit) California, I'd have an adjustment period. If you moved here, same for you. We're different and viva la difference. But one is not better than the other.

Santa Cruz, CA

#157107 Dec 6, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Last summer we had a fire in the blgd. next to me. Thank God nobody was hurt but the guy I've posted about here thats on food stamps and other gov programs showed me his apartment. He had some minor smoke damage as it was 3 units from his. I noted he has all the lastest toys. Nice new big tv. hot tub ect. I would prefer that people that claim they need help really know something about priorities. Perhaps they do just don't happen to agree. He voted for the guy that went to Las Vegas when one of our ambassadors and other were murdered. Said it then say it now our so called leaders are doing all they can to ensure people in this nation are worse off and it may come to riots.
Perhaps he purchased all that stuff before he fell on bad times. Should a person who loses their job, sell all their stuff before applying for assistance?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#157108 Dec 6, 2012
Someone had me banned.....

I guess they didn't like my "Smiling Tree"

Bahumbug

Location hidden

#157109 Dec 6, 2012
VisionXIIX wrote:
Someone had me banned.....
I guess they didn't like my "Smiling Tree"
Bahumbug
That's what happened. I thought I was hallucinating. I went to reply to one of your posts and all of the sudden it disappeared.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#157110 Dec 6, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Of course every state has their dummies, California too,(case in point). But where you live does have something to do with it. Why do you think there are blue and red states. The way people live based on the geography and the lifestyle of their region does have an influence on their ideology. I hold that California for a long time has lost touch with reality. For a long time they have lived above their means, perhaps influenced by a number of things. In the midwest people work and live differently. I'm just saying openmindedness about our differences helps the conversation.
I hold that if I were to move to (not just visit) California, I'd have an adjustment period. If you moved here, same for you. We're different and viva la difference. But one is not better than the other.
Chaser's a typical liberal optimist. The new tax law will NOT fix anything in CA. The only "fix" will be to get rid of the tax & spend
Democrats that've had a stranglehold on Sacramento for over 2 decades.

That same mentality in DC is what's causing this financial crisis.
The nation's debt increases by $4 Billion each day, and there is NO interest from the king to make serious cuts. He thinks taxing the rich will save his bacon, and I truly hope he maintains that line.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#157111 Dec 6, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's what happened. I thought I was hallucinating. I went to reply to one of your posts and all of the sudden it disappeared.
Yep, someone didn't like my "Tree" LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 779,022
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Innocent Holy dr ... 605,382
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Oxbow 560,653
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min MAKEWORLDPEACEUID... 4,932
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min who 265,577
Moses never existed 47 min KiMare 852
The most important reasons for not buying the n... 1 hr john beriin 1
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 3 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web