Bush is a hero
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#157071 Dec 6, 2012
karl47 wrote:
Imagine if every each of us care and contribute to stop this insanity that is happening in this world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XLgYAHHkPFsXX
You sing this in choir don't you?
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#157072 Dec 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. don't know about CATCHER but think I have everyone's number ..
.. you're a Christian, believe Bush is a hero and are very bitter that Romney lost the election. You'd love to call me a name but you won't because you must retain your Topix persona. Because you're somewhat narcissistic, you've always had a secret desire to have sex with a woman ..
.. Chris Clearwater & BobinTX are teabaggers ..
.. Lyndi has a big vocabulary, a decent brain. Her downfall? She detests liberals ..
.. BadBob is LisW's defender ..
.. aside from Catcher, Wild Weird Willie is probably the most intelligent person on this thread ..
.. OKB2 is opinionated, maybe a conservative in liberal clothing ..
.. Sister Kathryn Lust is a social conservative and blatantly non-religious. That makes the Christians angry ..
.. BlackHeart is Native American and loathes BadBob. May be Dene ..
.. World Idiot loves a good conspiracy story but needs Catcher's help with his English ..
.. Rider on the Storm is sharp and witty, a fun kinda guy ..
.. Karl47 keeps the teabaggers angry, on their toes ..
.. how did I do ??..
Not too good. I mostly laugh at the never ending hypocrisy on parade. Karl shows it each day and you know its good to laugh. Laughed at Hip too but he isn't around right now.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#157073 Dec 6, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Able bodied people with their hands out rarely hold their heads high. On the flip side, trying to keep your head high when you're about to drown is recommended.
glug
glug
glug
I'm in no rush to die but imo living life as a coward is far worse. Foward indeed.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#157074 Dec 6, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too good. I mostly laugh at the never ending hypocrisy on parade. Karl shows it each day and you know its good to laugh. Laughed at Hip too but he isn't around right now.
I think HL did very well, especially given her limited exposure to the cast.

Was she right about you? Tea Party?

(It's "not too well" by the way, not "not too good"; adverb, not adjective.)
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#157075 Dec 6, 2012
karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you equate eating to a life saving medical procedure that currently cost millions and can destroy any savings property and anything of monetary value one might have? Have you even bothered to read up on how medical expenses have destroyed middle class American family's because of a diagnosis of cancer etc....It could be you or one of your loved ones then I'm sure you would want all the Government help you could get.
Kinda like the FORMER Tea Party folks in New York that hated Government until a hurricane came along and they needed it.
You are clueless
Wrong on a few counts. I don't hate our gov, I hate waste. I hate waste in any setting and have been witness to it in the workplace as well. Far more waste happens in gov than private business because unless you have a big union a business can't afford too much waste. Imo its about a few basic things. If health care is a "right" so is food. How long will you live w/o eating? Wake up. Nothing will end the middle class quicker than turning more power to the gov that doesn't do anything well but waste. I'll fight that as long as I'm alive.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#157077 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Since I've posted here said I'm happy to be counted as a Republican. I have been active in some 9-12 projects which does have some overlap with the tp, at least here in Florida. My brother in law is from England where they have many parties. I think 2 is the way to go here and concerned that little good comes from a split or 3rd party. But who knows? Bad Bob (Ca) has some valid points too and after this we may just see a big split. Btw I drive a heavy truck so not too concerned with my grammar but thanks.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#157080 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She got a couple things right but then you can flip a quarter 40 times and guess at the outcome and be right 25% of the time. Now as far as you newcomers I think you tend to run in a crowd maybe because you're uneasy alone. You're okay but very confused. See Catcher California is not a microcosm of the world. Things are very different out here in the midwest and I'm pretty sure that they're different further east. I have a very good friend that came from San Diego. He just didn't get it that sometimes restaurants close at 11:00P.M. and are not open on Christmas. Things like that. He (like you) tends to think the world revolves around his needs. I love him but he (like you) is kind of spoiled. Here you will meet people from the "real" world. Can you be openminded enough to at least listen to their point of view. True liberalism would say you must. Being a lawyer says you must. Aren't you like physicians supposed to regard people positively and unconditionally?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157081 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the truth.
It's almost a joke.
The beneficiaries often laugh at it over expensive dinners. Expensive for the taxpayer that is.
Speaking of laughing at expensive dinners.........

"The practice of gaming the system in order to bill taxpayers for food at lavish conferences was so widespread within the General Services Administration that it became a "running joke" among certain employees, the GSA inspector general testified Tuesday.

Inspector General Brian Miller, who blew the whistle on agency spending with a report on its $820,000 conference in Las Vegas, explained how leaders with the western region of GSA got around the administration's rule of not having food at conferences. The work-around was simple -- just hold an awards ceremony, and food would be provided at taxpayer expense."
http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2...

Bear in mind when corporations have extra dollars to spend on extravagant dinners they generally get them through legal tax practices and and very competent tax attorneys. When our elected government officials do it, it's because they feel like it.
Watch the hen house Catcher. That fox called the government has a voracious appetite.

Sacramento, CA

#157082 Dec 6, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>She got a couple things right but then you can flip a quarter 40 times and guess at the outcome and be right 25% of the time. Now as far as you newcomers I think you tend to run in a crowd maybe because you're uneasy alone. You're okay but very confused. See Catcher California is not a microcosm of the world. Things are very different out here in the midwest and I'm pretty sure that they're different further east. I have a very good friend that came from San Diego. He just didn't get it that sometimes restaurants close at 11:00P.M. and are not open on Christmas. Things like that. He (like you) tends to think the world revolves around his needs. I love him but he (like you) is kind of spoiled. Here you will meet people from the "real" world. Can you be openminded enough to at least listen to their point of view. True liberalism would say you must. Being a lawyer says you must. Aren't you like physicians supposed to regard people positively and unconditionally?
I don't place people into categories based on where they live. I travel extensively. In the past few months I have twice visited the midwest (Omaha and Chicago), traveled to the east coast three times (Boston, D.C. and Baltimore), and also went to Florida, New Mexico and Austin. I have found that people are people wherever I go, every place is interesting, and no place is more "real" than another (OK, there is one exception--Las Vegas).

I do consider myself open minded, optimistic, hopeful, and positive about people. But, as you have seen, I am not reluctant to express my views.

I don't "run in a crowd," as you believe. I am very independent.

Sacramento, CA

#157083 Dec 6, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"The practice of gaming the system in order to bill taxpayers for food at lavish conferences was so widespread within the General Services Administration that it became a "running joke" among certain employees, the GSA inspector general testified Tuesday.
Inspector General Brian Miller, who blew the whistle on agency spending with a report on its $820,000 conference in Las Vegas, explained how leaders with the western region of GSA got around the administration's rule of not having food at conferences. The work-around was simple -- just hold an awards ceremony, and food would be provided at taxpayer expense."
Bear in mind when corporations have extra dollars to spend on extravagant dinners they generally get them through legal tax practices and and very competent tax attorneys. When our elected government officials do it, it's because they feel like it.
Watch the hen house Catcher. That fox called the government has a voracious appetite.
I fully agree with you, this is reprehensible, as are $300 toilet seats and junkets.

And I also agree that what the wealthy do is done through legal tax practices and excellent legal and accountancy advice. My very point is that the tax system is skewed in their favor. I have wriggled in my seat, at extravagant dinners of this sort (which I don't usually enjoy but must sometimes attend), while the host and guests celebrated their situational good fortune, sometimes laughing while toasting to the taxpayers who fund their lavish lifestyle.

It's not unlike racism: In the privacy of their personal raletionships with others who feel as they do, people say things they won't say in public.

Sacramento, CA

#157084 Dec 6, 2012
*relationships, not raletionships
UIdiotraceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#157085 Dec 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is where I get confused ..
.. business creates jobs. High corporate taxation has caused employers to ship jobs overseas. America's manufacturing base is in deep do-do. Have I mentioned the other side ??..
.. mega companies make mega profits, gouge the common man (think Exxon) and receive huge tax breaks. That's not fair ..
.. is there a balance ??..
Through OPIC... US Corporations don't evil pay taxes. And, US Oil Conglomerates even forgone environmental stewardship not community friendly to dumbed down Americans and plunders the world livelihooods.

United States

#157086 Dec 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you're a Christian, believe Bush is a hero and are very bitter that Romney lost the election. You'd love to call me a name but you won't because you must retain your Topix persona. Because you're somewhat narcissistic, you've always had a secret desire to have sex with a woman ..
.. Lyndi has a big vocabulary, a decent brain. Her downfall? She detests liberals ..
.. aside from Catcher, Wild Weird Willie is probably the most intelligent person on this thread ..
.. Sister Kathryn Lust is a social conservative and blatantly non-religious. That makes the Christians angry ..
.. World Idiot loves a good conspiracy story but needs Catcher's help with his English ..
.. how did I do ??..
Not all conspiracy(s) are theory(S),as leaders in govt and/Enterprise ..... that tell the truth from JFk, Ex-cia John Stockwell, Gen Smedley, Woodrow Wilson, MLK...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#157087 Dec 6, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>She got a couple things right but then you can flip a quarter 40 times and guess at the outcome and be right 25% of the time. Now as far as you newcomers I think you tend to run in a crowd maybe because you're uneasy alonte. You're okay but very confused. See Catcher California is not a microcosm of the world. Things are very different out here in the midwest and I'm pretty sure that they're different further east. I have a very good friend that came from San Diego. He just didn't get it that sometimes restaurants close at 11:00P.M. and are not open on Christmas. Things like that. He (like you) tendso to think the world revolves around his needs. I love him but he (like you) is kind of spoiled. Here you will meet people from the "real" world. Can you be openminded enough to at least listen to their point of view. True liberalism would say you must. Being a lawyer says you must. Aren't you like physicians supposed to regard people positively and unconditionally?
Do you have a software program that generates this crap (after inputting a couple variables), or are you really scared of coming out from behind the bogus stereotypes under any circumstances?

Karl could be proud of that one...

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#157088 Dec 6, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Inspector General Brian Miller, who blew the whistle on agency spending with a report on iyts $820,000 conference in Las Vegas, explained how leaders with the western region of GSA got around the administration's rule of not having food at conferences. The work-around was simple -- just hold an awards ceremony, and food would be provided at taxpayer expense."
Who did you vote for in the last election for the GSA?

United States

#157089 Dec 6, 2012
UIdiotraceMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Through OPIC... US Corporations don't evil pay taxes. And, US Oil Conglomerates even forgone environmental stewardship not community friendly to dumbed down Americans and plunders the world livelihooods.
that is some US corporation don't even pay taxes

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#157091 Dec 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how did I do ??..
You forgot Happy Lesbo,who is a sex obsessed atheist Christian basher ,no doubt driven to atheism as a means of punishing members of the organzied religion she feels persecuted and ostracized by. How did I do?

United States

#157092 Dec 6, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Free food should be a right. End food stamps and have gov provide "free" food at once.
You sure not so bright - DIMwit as some you lowly right wing, Xtain fundie ...clueless and easy taken to leaders by those in corrupted power!

henry kissinger "Kissinger: "Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people."

United States

#157093 Dec 6, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Among the many reasons that manufacturing jobs have been fleeing/flowing overseas for 55 +/- years, corporate taxes probably ranks pretty low on the list, IMO.
Why pay American workers a decent hourly wage in an environmentally sound and safe facility when you can increase your ROI by paying someone in Bumfukistan next to nothing?
And, the highest Marginal "Individual " Income tax rateS is (look AT CENTURY of data)?

bwhhahahhhaaaaa

United States

#157094 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As you may imagine, I have heard them all.
Nobody likes lawyers (until they need one).
Interjecting this post of yours addressed to Sis KAt

hOW YOU DEAL WITH those kANGAROO COURT or you give in to them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 12 min Thinking 517
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min PELE78 64,977
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Steve III 654,539
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 1 hr Chump University 708
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr The Hangman 973,981
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 618,750
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 3 hr Ableviking 60
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 281,965
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 45,313
More from around the web