Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#157040 Dec 5, 2012
karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
And your degree would be in????? Keep your judgmental opinion to yourself LOUD MOUTH KNOW NOTHING
Addiction can come in almost any form...that was not the topic dipstick
MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS no one was posting to YOU
You don't ORDER anyone around on a public anonymous forum, genius.
Just makes you look sillier.

On 2nd thought, carry on.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#157041 Dec 5, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I see we're back to discussing Barack Obama.
Am I mistaken? Is Bush a hero? By what standard?
uidiotRacemakewo rldpeace

United States

#157042 Dec 5, 2012
The POTUS who told the truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

United States

#157043 Dec 5, 2012
BWHAHAHAHHAAaaaaa

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#157044 Dec 5, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a 55 million dollar "help the common man" pamphlet on inner peace I'll sell Parliment for a dollar. It doesn't work worth a damn but liberals weep with joy at it's good intentions.
That explains why America's rushing down the road to perdition.

Location hidden

#157045 Dec 5, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I had guessed, you were sleeping through that class. To say my social anxiety is caused because I'm uptight is ridiculous. I'm always joking around, having fun poking fun.

I would just say this though Karl, to recomend reefer for social anxiety is quite the mistake IMO. I learned early on I could overcome the issues I had with alchohol and drugs and quickly fell into a lifestyle of addiction for many years. It was my 1'st experience with an alchohol treatment facility that they diagnosed the disorder. 7 miserable years later I finally was able to quit and get off the booze and drugs.

I wouldnt recomend any mood altering drugs for SA other then prescribed medicine. I will give you the benefit that you didnt know my past history, but I would have to believe many people with that disorder turn to drugs and alchohol for relief. Of course I realize I could be wrong on that.
My congratulations--and admiration--to you, Larry, for putting that part of your life behind you. Although I've had my own problems, that's not one I've ever had to face. If I had, I'm pretty darn sure I'd be six feet under today.

Location hidden

#157046 Dec 5, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I mistaken? Is Bush a hero? By what standard?
Why are you bothering me with this? I answered this very question a few days ago. Go back and find it.

Location hidden

#157047 Dec 5, 2012
karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical response, attack the personal belief's of someone if they do not fit part and parcel with yours.
BTW what would your definition of "dumb" be?
Check your bedroom mirror.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#157048 Dec 5, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we're not.

We'll do ok in the end, and we'll hold our heads up high.

Location hidden

#157049 Dec 5, 2012
karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your name is Roberta G?
You're comparing LYNDI to ME?!? Boy, that's the greatest compliment I've had in a long time :) Thanks, Karl.

Location hidden

#157050 Dec 5, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we're not.
Catcher, I only hope you're right, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. No sarcasm here.

United States

#157052 Dec 5, 2012
President Woodrow Wilson

A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world--no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men.

Bwhaahhaahahaaaa
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157054 Dec 6, 2012
karl47 wrote:
I think healthcare is a right.
I shouldn't have to buy health insurance, because healthcare shouldn't be insured. It should be a government-provided service funded by tax dollars, just like the V.A., schools, police, firemen or armed services. I don’t have to pay a private company to put out a fire, or arrest someone who burglarized my house or defend me from the armies of other nations, all because my government is responsible for my safety, or “life” as Thomas Jefferson more poetically phrased it.
Healthcare shouldn't be any different
As so often with American politics, Thomas Jefferson said it best:“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
If you consider Thomas Jefferson to be the ultimate arbiter of democracy that we so often remember him to be, did he not mean those words he wrote declaring to the world our nation’s independence? If he did, I don’t see how he wouldn't agree.
"The government that can give you everything you want is the same government that can take everything you have.”
======
You're wrong about Jefferson.
I cannot imagine that he would take any other position than the stance that an individual mandate to purchase anything is outside the powers granted to the federal government.

The election of 1800 when then VP Thomas Jefferson defeated incumbent President John Adams was a realigning election. This was the only time in our nation's history where the president and the vice president were in two different parties and the election was about the role of the Federal government. It is easy to draw the parallel between the contest of 1800 and the election of 2012, both were centered on the reach and responsibility of the federal government.

The question each voter {should have) weighed before voting in November was: Do we want the right to self determine what health insurance we want and what price we will pay or do we want the federal government to determine the level of health care we will receive and what the cost will be? We all want the safety and security of health insurance, but by declaring dependence on the government to pay for our health insurance we also surrender the independence and freedom to make decisions regarding our healthcare.
When it comes to this paradigm of reliance on the government vs. self-reliance I know which side Thomas Jefferson would have been on and it wouldn't have been yours, Karl.

Free healthcare, socialized medicine whatever you want to disguise it as, is nothing more than compulsory charity of the government, by the government and for the government and demanding it's citizens purchase healthcare interferes with my right to life, libery and MY pursuit of happiness.

You can wrap up dog doo-doo legislation with bows and ribbons but it's still dog doo-doo legislation when you unwrap it.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#157055 Dec 6, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL NEITHER ONE of you knows ANYTHING about the regulars here.
.. don't know about CATCHER but think I have everyone's number ..

.. you're a Christian, believe Bush is a hero and are very bitter that Romney lost the election. You'd love to call me a name but you won't because you must retain your Topix persona. Because you're somewhat narcissistic, you've always had a secret desire to have sex with a woman ..

.. Chris Clearwater & BobinTX are teabaggers ..

.. Lyndi has a big vocabulary, a decent brain. Her downfall? She detests liberals ..

.. BadBob is LisW's defender ..

.. aside from Catcher, Wild Weird Willie is probably the most intelligent person on this thread ..

.. OKB2 is opinionated, maybe a conservative in liberal clothing ..

.. Sister Kathryn Lust is a social conservative and blatantly non-religious. That makes the Christians angry ..

.. BlackHeart is Native American and loathes BadBob. May be Dene ..

.. World Idiot loves a good conspiracy story but needs Catcher's help with his English ..

.. Rider on the Storm is sharp and witty, a fun kinda guy ..

.. Karl47 keeps the teabaggers angry, on their toes ..

.. how did I do ??..

With Established Harem

#157056 Dec 6, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we're not.
.. love your optimism but still think we're in for some hard times in the near future. Fiscal Cliff, Fiscal Cliff ..
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#157057 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Able bodied people with their hands out rarely hold their heads high. On the flip side, trying to keep your head high when you're about to drown is recommended.

glug
glug
glug

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#157059 Dec 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. love your optimism but still think we're in for some hard times in the near future. Fiscal Cliff, Fiscal Cliff ..
I'm optimistic about a reasonable outcome.

So says Mr. Can't Be Objective....

With Established Harem

#157062 Dec 6, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm optimistic about a reasonable outcome.
So says Mr. Can't Be Objective....
.. how do you deal with sticker shock ??..
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#157065 Dec 6, 2012
karl47 wrote:
Imagine if every each of us care and contribute to stop this insanity that is happening in this world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XLgYAHHkPFsXX
Yeah, right, sure...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157066 Dec 6, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is where I get confused ..
.. business creates jobs. High corporate taxation has caused employers to ship jobs overseas. America's manufacturing base is in deep do-do. Have I mentioned the other side ??..
.. mega companies make mega profits, gouge the common man (think Exxon) and receive huge tax breaks. That's not fair ..
.. is there a balance ??..
Demand for goods and services creates jobs. When individuals have no disposable income, due to low wages and rising utility / housing costs, there is less demand. Banks lent money to individuals who could not afford to pay back their loans; Wall Street speculates with the little guy's money, and loses as often as it wins, but tends to socialize risk while privatizing profits. Corporate Welfare constitutes 3/5ths of the 'gimmes', and yet politicians get elected on the "Cut welfare to individuals" meme every year. Balance? Where?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Gotti 36,982
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 59 min biblewipes 6,547
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aurathetard 988,469
EXPOSING: The Clintons And The Russians 3 hr Big Truth 1
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 3 hr Big Truth 2
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 3 hr Big Truth 7
672,000 gallons of oil spilled off Louisiana co... 6 hr Erratic Mind 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr Seentheotherside 688,731
More from around the web