Bush is a hero

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#156556 Dec 2, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
What are we talking about?
Whether the rain will hurt the rhubarb or not this year.

I got BIG money bet on rhubarb pie, and if I lose ANOTHER $2.00, I'll hafta file.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#156557 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Methinks I couldn't care less, Romney was a fibber and a flip flopper and I was suppose to vote for HIM?.........methinks not.
Oh we're doin' Shakespeare AGAIN? I GOT to get a program!

As for fibber & flipper, I can't think of ANY politicians that aren't.
It's always been that way. But some (fancy talkers) are just able to schmooze their way better'n others.

Romney was nailed more for speaking the truth (about illegal immigration, gay marriage, abortion, etc.) then he was for lying.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#156558 Dec 2, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as a matter of fact, > I < can.
There aren't many people who still consider Bush to be a hero, if they ever did. But I DO, and I'll tell you why. He was willing to sacrifice his political popularity for the sake of doing what he believed best for the nation. That kind of integrity is increasingly rare these days, and not just among politicians.
Bush has been subjected to the most vile, hateful criticism and insults that any POTUS has ever endured, and some of it continues even today, four years AFTER he left office. He's been accused of planning 9-11-01, accused of unleashing Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans, for heaven's sake, been called Hitler, Satan, etc. He's had shoes thrown at him, and even people in his own country have been PLEASED about it. Nevertheless, he has handled it with grace and dignity, rarely responding in kind, even the current occupant of 1800 Pennsylvania publicly blames him for his OWN failures.
In MY eyes, even if in no one else's, all that makes George W. Bush a hero. I don't care beans whether or not YOU do, or whether or not you respect ME for it.
he·ro [heer-oh] Show IPA
noun, plural he·roes; for 5 also he·ros.
1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.

3. the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.

You have very low standards.

I cannot see Bush being heroic about anything in the traditional sense of the word.

There are many criminals who are hated. Does that make the heros? I THINK not.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#156559 Dec 2, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as a matter of fact, > I < can.
There aren't many people who still consider Bush to be a hero, if they ever did. But I DO, and I'll tell you why. He was willing to sacrifice his political popularity for the sake of doing what he believed best for the nation. That kind of integrity is increasingly rare these days, and not just among politicians.
Bush has been subjected to the most vile, hateful criticism and insults that any POTUS has ever endured, and some of it continues even today, four years AFTER he left office. He's been accused of planning 9-11-01, accused of unleashing Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans, for heaven's sake, been called Hitler, Satan, etc. He's had shoes thrown at him, and even people in his own country have been PLEASED about it. Nevertheless, he has handled it with grace and dignity, rarely responding in kind, even the current occupant of 1800 Pennsylvania publicly blames him for his OWN failures.
In MY eyes, even if in no one else's, all that makes George W. Bush a hero. I don't care beans whether or not YOU do, or whether or not you respect ME for it.
You are correct about 9/11. Bush couldn't even get the story right three months later. He was way to stupid to plan such an event.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#156560 Dec 2, 2012
When it comes to spending and revenue, Obama led the nation even further away from Clintonism than did Bush.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#156561 Dec 2, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>That would be as well, not as good.
Adverb, not adjective.
If you're going to dish it out, at least use proper grammar.
You're right, thank you Ma'am.

It's what sometimes happens when I modify the original sentence wording. I Hope reading it put your shorts in a knot.
So True

Yorba Linda, CA

#156562 Dec 2, 2012
Bengazigate is going to bite Obama in the azz.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#156563 Dec 2, 2012
If Obummer honestly wanted to see a dramatic change in the Bush era leadership, then he would have implemented a drastic change in his own policies, rather than promising more of the same for the second term.

Location hidden

#156564 Dec 2, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Thank YOU. I hear what you're saying and if it had been just about a belief that one had to put aside for all the rest I'd leave it be. It is really how he beat the drum with such visciousness and then all of the sudden it's a non-issue. But I let my anger spill over on you and there is no excuse for that.
It's understandable why you thought the way you did about him. I think you should keep in mind that one almost has to be a hypocrite to be an obama supporter.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#156565 Dec 2, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh we're doin' Shakespeare AGAIN? I GOT to get a program!
As for fibber & flipper, I can't think of ANY politicians that aren't.
It's always been that way. But some (fancy talkers) are just able to schmooze their way better'n others.
Romney was nailed more for speaking the truth (about illegal immigration, gay marriage, abortion, etc.) then he was for lying.
Your gal pal Lyndi started up the Shakespearian, I just followed her up.

As for Romney's lies and truth.......... http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checke...

Location hidden

#156566 Dec 2, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that explains the big drop in spending this year.
Only if you're comparing this years excessive spending by obama to barry's previous years of excessive spending, but not when compared to the other presidents.

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/b...

Location hidden

#156567 Dec 2, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>To pull a Reagan he has to get it up to about $27 Tril
I believe I've already said that's about where I expect the debt to be with four more of barry.

But, I was talking dollars, not percentage. Reagan had to rebuild many things after four years of Carter... heck, he even had to replace the WH dishes because the ones Carter left were in such bad shape.
okb2 wrote:
But I asked about spending since the Republicans took office.
I also asked how much spending had gone up under Obama from bush's last budget.
We haven't had a deficit below $1 trillion since barry took over. That's why he's added $5.5 trillion to the national debt in less than four years.

Once obamacare kicks in, we'll see some SERIOUS deficits that will make barry's current level of gross overspending look almost thrifty.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#156568 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Methinks I couldn't care less, Romney was a fibber and a flip flopper and I was suppose to vote for HIM?.........methinks not.
You didn't address the question.
A few days ago you said you didn't know what Romney's job plan was so how did you know he had nothing to offer?
You know what? Nevermind. You never had any intention of exploring Romney's ideas. For some people if Obama is in the running there are no other candidates and you're one of them...... otherwise known as a low information voter.

Location hidden

#156569 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it is a non issue when compared to the reason that I voted for him which is that I feel that the country is headed in the right direction and the economy is finally beginning to around, Romney's agenda didn't offer me anything but a return to the same old policies that got us into this mess to began with.
I might be wrong, but weren't you the same one that was asking what Romney's economic policy was... three weeks after the election?

I'd sure like you to link me to some of the parameters that you think are improving under obama, actual numbers and charts, not editorials.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#156570 Dec 2, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tide!
Welcome to right-wing land!
I'm guessing there're no concession stands.

Or concessions at all.

Location hidden

#156571 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
You didn't even know what Romney's policies were, so it must have been something other than the difference between the policies of obama or Romney.

Location hidden

#156572 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
Methinks you didn't know much about obama either if you think he wasn't telling fibs and flip-flopping.

&fe ature=fvwrel

So if both were fibbers and flip-floppers, and if you didn't know the difference in their policies, what could that deciding factor have been?

Location hidden

#156573 Dec 2, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You agree that Man should change his behavior to effect less change on the environment?
Yes, but to conserve limited energy resouces.
You agree that man's behavior has had a deleterious affect on the environment in the first place?

It did, but not so much these days... at least not in the USA.

[QUOTE who="Sister Kathryn Lust"]You agree making a quick buck, rather than thinking long-term, is the goal of those who deny we have an affect on climate change?
Actually, I think it's the other way around. I think it's the "green" energy folks doing the scamming and making the quick buck.
You agree that Global Warming is not a myth?
Exactly what, in my post, do you 'agree' with - since it's apparent from your response you don't agree with any of the above?
I agree that we're experiencing another of nature's warming cycles, just like we were experiencing a cooling cycle in the 80s... which, btw, was also attributed to man.

Location hidden

#156574 Dec 2, 2012
Take two:
<quoted text>You agree that Man should change his behavior to effect less change on the environment?
Yes, but to conserve limited energy resouces.
You agree that man's behavior has had a deleterious affect on the environment in the first place?
It did, but not so much these days... at least not in the USA.
You agree making a quick buck, rather than thinking long-term, is the goal of those who deny we have an affect on climate change?
Actually, I think it's the other way around. I think it's the "green" energy folks doing the scamming and making the quick buck.
You agree that Global Warming is not a myth?
Exactly what, in my post, do you 'agree' with - since it's apparent from your response you don't agree with any of the above?
I agree that we're experiencing another of nature's warming cycles, just like we were experiencing a cooling cycle in the 80s... which, btw, was also attributed to man.
BlackHeart

Redding, CA

#156575 Dec 2, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, am I out of touch... when did they move the Whitehouse?
:)
The devil made me do it...
Don't worry about it. George w. bush thought it was 1800 pennsylvania avenue, too.
and he lived there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min QuiversGoldenShower 37,251
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Gabriel 988,593
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 17 min Tony 6,553
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Gods r Delusion x... 688,909
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 4 hr HFCS - What It Is 8
EXPOSING: The Clintons And The Russians 5 hr bohart 2
You are of your father.....the devil 7 hr Devil isnt Real 2
More from around the web