Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#156484 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> yes I am an adamant pro lifer who speaks up for the unborn child, but because I voted for a man who has the opposite view when I voted for him for totally different reasons aside from abortion and that makes me a hypocrite..........
For years you have stood upon a Topix pulpit preaching pro life fire and brimstone, reciting biblical verses ad nauseum, threatening that anyone who BELIEVES in a womans right to choose will be going into the fires of hell for eternity, it just seems a little odd that you'd vote for a man who's going to burn in hell.

Maybe you're a Reverend Wright kind of Christian...... "God damn America," and all that.
<shrug.>
Have at it.
roccity

Waltham, MA

#156485 Dec 2, 2012
Omg are you guys really arguing over presidents?????????? Wake up people it doesn't matter who is in office rep or dem!!!! They don't run our country. They only help make it worse. They are all puppets! Before you get all mad at me do your research!!! Look up BILDERBERG GROUP, FED RESERVE, WORLD BANKS, CFR, TRI LATERAL COM, UN, AGENDA 21 (SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT), ROTHSCHILD, ROCKEFELLERS. etc etc etc stop watching mainstream media and believing them. Seek the truth you will find it. Just take the time to do it!!!
roccity

Waltham, MA

#156486 Dec 2, 2012
This is exactly what they want...... Keep the country divided over rep and dems. They do a great job of that. What really needs to happen is we all need to come together and stand up for what is right. Our system is so corrupt people open your eyes!!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#156487 Dec 2, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what's bizarre.
You have described yourself as a "bleeding heart liberal" which means liberal to the extreme. Excessive. Radical.
You also stated:
<quoted text>
==
If you think you can out debate Socrates on his philosophy of "everything in moderation, nothing to excess" and if your ideology is so firmly inbedded that you cannot be objective and prove excessivness and a lack of objectivity is a good thing, I'd be fascinated to hear it.
You claim to be pleased with the system California has in place but that state is forcing it's "weakest members"{ which you repeatedly say you care about} to leave because they can't keep up, it seems to me there's a glitch in your philosophy.
My comment that honesty and integrity don't work with extremism and an inability to be objective isn't bizarre. What's bizarre is you think it can. If you ran your household the way the state of California runs it's budget, you'd be living on the street.
I won't indulge your pedantry, other than to say that, in my view, you are far more of an extremist, and out of touch, than am I.

And your cynicism is very discouraging.

Again, my view: You would do well to put your considerable wordsmithing talent to better use.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#156488 Dec 2, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So now yer a FORTUNE TELLER as well? Is there NO end to your special talents?
Yeah, well I'm 1 for 1 so far.
roccity

Waltham, MA

#156489 Dec 2, 2012
If you can really understand and care about what is right which I think everyone here can then stop arguing over this stuff. You are all just acting the way they want everyone to. Seek the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#156490 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> BTW..........did you ever E-Mail the missing mr Higgins to check on how he is doing?
Yes, nearly 2 weeks ago.
No reply.

Since: Jul 12

Clinton, MD

#156491 Dec 2, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
“To fail to experience gratitude when walking through the corridors of the Metropolitan Museum, when listening to the music of Bach or Beethoven, when exercising our freedom to speak, or ... to give, or withhold, our assent, is to fail to recognize how much we have received from the great wellsprings of human talent and concern that gave us Shakespeare, Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain, our parents, our friends. We need a rebirth of gratitude for those who have cared for us, living and, mostly, dead. The high moments of our way of life are their gifts to us. We must remember them in our thoughts and in our prayers; and in our deeds.”
&#8213; William F. Buckley Jr.
Glad to see you got the point.

Clinton, MD

#156492 Dec 2, 2012
karl47 wrote:
The FIRST republican with a valid point in a very long time
Jon Huntsman To GOP:'Quit crying, balance The Budget And Get Out Of People’s Lives’
http://www.onenewspage.com/n/Entertainment/74...
He was the one that should have been running instead of Romney.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Location hidden

#156493 Dec 2, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Kathryn, I apologize. I have not had anyone get my goat in a long time, and Lawest doesn't deserve that reaction. He has told so many people they are going to hell for being pro-choice, I just lost it when he said well the ellection was nnot about abortion. Of course it wasn't, but well, never mind. It is not up to me to tell you of whom you should approve. The darling and the shovel (you remind me so much of the poster shovelhead but are not really like her) were uncalled for and I'll refrain no matter how emotional the subject.
BTW, I am pro-life, but I so understand the pro-choice stance. What I don't understand is someone condemning pro-choicers to hell and then saying it doesn't matter about the president.
Apology accepted, and thank-you.

I understand your frustration, as I've seen some of the posts you mentioned on the other thread - but politics make for strange bedfellows, as they say, and voters only had two choices. I didn't like the candidate I voted for, but he was the only one of the two which hadn't signed legislation negating the Constitution. Much as I hated to cast my vote for Romney, in the end that difference was more important than his veiled, and not-so-veiled, intentions re: reproductive choice.

Happy Sunday.
:)

Clinton, MD

#156494 Dec 2, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Pres Obama sometimes sounds like a person on the right. Too bad his word is worthless. If he thinks my wife and I are rich and we get caught by the amt many charities will suffer and that will be part of his legacy.
Chris, if you make enough to get caught in the AMT, no charity should suffer.

Further, if you do get caught in the AMT it will be the Republicans, not President Obama.

After all, everytime you give the President blame for something you point to the lie of his words being worthless.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#156495 Dec 2, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well I'm 1 for 1 so far.
Great. Then you can invest in a genie hat and open up a side show.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#156496 Dec 2, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Apology accepted, and thank-you.
I understand your frustration, as I've seen some of the posts you mentioned on the other thread - but politics make for strange bedfellows, as they say, and voters only had two choices. I didn't like the candidate I voted for, but he was the only one of the two which hadn't signed legislation negating the Constitution. Much as I hated to cast my vote for Romney, in the end that difference was more important than his veiled, and not-so-veiled, intentions re: reproductive choice.
Happy Sunday.
:)
I'm curious, when you accuse President Obama of signing legislation negating the Constitution, I'm assuming you are talking about him extending the Patriot act. Is that correct?

Clinton, MD

#156497 Dec 2, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>The Emancipation Proclamation freed only those slaves in the states in rebellion. The 13th amendment barring slavery in the entire United States was ratified in December of 1865, after Lincoln was assassinated. Someone previously posted an accurate quote outlining Lincoln's views on black people.
He was using his power as Commander and Chief of the military then, is that correct?

Clinton, MD

#156498 Dec 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't about 9/11. We all know what happened. Four planes were hijacked and a huge catastrophic chain of events took place.
Bush lied about what he was doing because of the following facts.
1. The video he described was the first plane hitting the building which is CNN footage released twelve hours later.
2. The first knowledge he had was when he was told in the classroom after the second plane hit WTC2.
Bush was a nincompoop.
Actually no, he was briefed before going into the classroom that the first plane had hit WTC.

Now while he may not have been able to see the video, he was informed.

Clinton, MD

#156499 Dec 2, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought barry's home was in Chicago, not in Hawaii.
President Bush stayed an his ranch, his home, hosting the Secret Service and the administration individuals on that property. Does barry host the folks that have to travel with him at his Hawaiian home too, or does it cost the taxpayer for nt only where the king and queen stay, but where all the others have to stay too?
<quoted text>
It's TOO MUCH spending when you have to borrow almost half of what you're spending, no matter what it's being spent for. That's why our current situation is actually a spending problem, and not a revenue problem.
It's troubling when we have a pResident that offers no spending cuts, only additional spending and increased taxes... and wants to circumvent Congress' Consitutional authority by looking to increase the debt ceiling at the Whitehouse's discretion. What we have is a "tax and spend" Santa Claus, with zero fiscal responsibility.
<quoted text>
Easy, that would be Joe Biden's three letter word... J-O-B-S, but those 47% voted for Santa, rather than a proven jobs creator. We're in deep doo-doo.
Barry rents a house. What is your problem with that?

The year someone purchases a home they may borrow 200% or more of what they earn before taxes.

The President has agreed to nothing but spending cuts. That is all the sequestration is, spending cuts. Is this something you did not know or is this something you are trying to misinform others about. Either way it is going to point out your lack of knowledge on the subject or your willingness to misuse information.

Lack of knowledge on your part. What the President wants to do is to link the budget to the deficit limit. The way it is now congress plays too many games by passing a budget with deficit spending and then playing games with the debt ceiling.

What the President wants to do is make it so that when Congress approves a budget with deficit spending, that counts as approving the required borrowing to support it. Most nations do it this way.

Clinton, MD

#156500 Dec 2, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy, the party of "NO", the Democrats, were in charge of the budget and the excessive spending from 2007 until 2011, and in charge of the pResidency too since 2009. They gave barry everything he asked for, which created the current economic disaster.
The party of "NO" still controls the Senate, blocking everything the House has passed to improve the economy, and reduce the excessive government spending.
<quoted text>
You haven't been paying attention. Conservatives in this forum DO NOT expect an economic recovery with our current "tax and spend" pResident having been re-elected. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if barry and his party of "NO" Democrats don't put us right back into a recession and another credit downgrade.
We can't tax our way into prosperity, only into an economic downfall.
And since 2011? How much has spending been reduced? How much has spending increased under Obama? Going from bush's last budget I understand that no previous President has held increases so low.

Tax and spend? You mean like Reagan?

Clinton, MD

#156501 Dec 2, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Dippy claimed "billions", you jumped right in in agreement. So the answer is "YOU".
I don't think you can find my agreement to numbers. I think you will find a disagreed on other matters.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Location hidden

#156502 Dec 2, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, when you accuse President Obama of signing legislation negating the Constitution, I'm assuming you are talking about him extending the Patriot act. Is that correct?
Yes.

Clinton, MD

#156503 Dec 2, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Today, the first of December, we have found it necessary to run the air conditioner. Generally at this point in the year, our furnace has been running for at least two weeks.
Global warming comes to mind...
As far as the Congressional budget goes, I'd sure like to at least see one. Obstructionism on both sides is really doing a lot to help the economy, isn't it?
The other day there was an article that stated the Greenland Ice sheet is melting 60% faster than thought just two years ago. They think the same thing is happening in the Arctic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Pegasus 259,137
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Buck Crick 738,602
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min JuDeLeTe15mins 118,211
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Truth 542,038
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min CunningLinguist 227,376
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 30 min Bennjy 43
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr feces for jesus 95,417
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 600,985
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••