Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#156540 Dec 2, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. My view is that none of us is objective. Not I, not you. We all bring in our background, our ideology, our preferences, our priorities, to the political debate.
The rest of your post consists of insults, which I will not to dignify or return in kind.
You dance almost as good as OKB when you get cornered, but you lack his experience.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#156541 Dec 2, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as a matter of fact, > I < can.
There aren't many people who still consider Bush to be a hero, if they ever did. But I DO, and I'll tell you why. He was willing to sacrifice his political popularity for the sake of doing what he believed best for the nation. That kind of integrity is increasingly rare these days, and not just among politicians.
Bush has been subjected to the most vile, hateful criticism and insults that any POTUS has ever endured, and some of it continues even today, four years AFTER he left office. He's been accused of planning 9-11-01, accused of unleashing Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans, for heaven's sake, been called Hitler, Satan, etc. He's had shoes thrown at him, and even people in his own country have been PLEASED about it. Nevertheless, he has handled it with grace and dignity, rarely responding in kind, even the current occupant of 1800 Pennsylvania publicly blames him for his OWN failures.
In MY eyes, even if in no one else's, all that makes George W. Bush a hero. I don't care beans whether or not YOU do, or whether or not you respect ME for it.
Boy, am I out of touch... when did they move the Whitehouse?
:)

The devil made me do it...

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#156542 Dec 2, 2012
SIXTEEN hundred (1600) Pennsylvania Ave.

Picky picky :P

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#156543 Dec 2, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You dance almost as good as OKB when you get cornered, but you lack his experience.
That would be as well, not as good.

Adverb, not adjective.

If you're going to dish it out, at least use proper grammar.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#156544 Dec 2, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much!
No mam, you just think that you do.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#156545 Dec 2, 2012
What are we talking about?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#156546 Dec 2, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Apology accepted, and thank-you.
I understand your frustration, as I've seen some of the posts you mentioned on the other thread - but politics make for strange bedfellows, as they say, and voters only had two choices. I didn't like the candidate I voted for, but he was the only one of the two which hadn't signed legislation negating the Constitution. Much as I hated to cast my vote for Romney, in the end that difference was more important than his veiled, and not-so-veiled, intentions re: reproductive choice.
Happy Sunday.
:)
Thank YOU. I hear what you're saying and if it had been just about a belief that one had to put aside for all the rest I'd leave it be. It is really how he beat the drum with such visciousness and then all of the sudden it's a non-issue. But I let my anger spill over on you and there is no excuse for that.

Since: Jul 12

Silver Spring, MD

#156547 Dec 2, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
How so, Republicans can't pass any new legislation with the Senate controlled by Democrats, and obama as pResident? All they can do is prevent Democrats from doing any more spending damage, otherwise anything that happens because of bills, or limits, that the pResident signed.
I thought Democrats were telling everybody that the Bush tax cuts were only for the rich. Well fine, let the Bush tax cuts,(now obama's tax cuts), expire, and you'll only be increasing taxes on the rich.
Well that explains the big drop in spending this year.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#156548 Dec 2, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
Tide!

Welcome to right-wing land!

Silver Spring, MD

#156549 Dec 2, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you insane? You're actually comparing Reagan's spending and deficits to the mega spending policies and deficits of obama.
National debt when Reagan took office =$1.0 trillion
National debt when Reagan left office =$2.7 trillion (8 years later)
National debt when obama took office =$10.6 trillion
Current National debt by obama =$16.1 trillion (less than 4 years)
To pull a Reagan he has to get it up to about $27 Tril

But I asked about spending since the Republicans took office.

I also asked how much spending had gone up under Obama from bush's last budget.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#156550 Dec 2, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Thank YOU. I hear what you're saying and if it had been just about a belief that one had to put aside for all the rest I'd leave it be. It is really how he beat the drum with such visciousness and then all of the sudden it's a non-issue. But I let my anger spill over on you and there is no excuse for that.
Yes, it is a non issue when compared to the reason that I voted for him which is that I feel that the country is headed in the right direction and the economy is finally beginning to around, Romney's agenda didn't offer me anything but a return to the same old policies that got us into this mess to began with.

“Help Cecil Help!”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

#156551 Dec 2, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was using his power as Commander and Chief of the military then, is that correct?
Yes - it was an Executive Order that only affected States in rebellion.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#156552 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, it is a non issue when compared to the reason that I voted for him which is that I feel that the country is headed in the right direction and the economy is finally beginning to around, Romney's agenda didn't offer me anything but a return to the same old policies that got us into this mess to began with.
You said 4 days ago you didn't know what Romney's job plan was so how did you know it had nothing to offer?
Methinks you're a fibber.

Silver Spring, MD

#156553 Dec 2, 2012
WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>Yes - it was an Executive Order that only affected States in rebellion.
Yesterday I bought a Time publication on Lincoln and a lot of this stuff is in it. Good information and thank you.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#156554 Dec 2, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You said 4 days ago you didn't know what Romney's job plan was so how did you know it had nothing to offer?
Methinks you're a fibber.
Methinks I couldn't care less, Romney was a fibber and a flip flopper and I was suppose to vote for HIM?.........methinks not.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Location hidden

#156555 Dec 2, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We've been experiencing these natural warming and cooling cycles for ages, with and without man.
You agree that Man should change his behavior to effect less change on the environment?

You agree that man's behavior has had a deleterious affect on the environment in the first place?

You agree making a quick buck, rather than thinking long-term, is the goal of those who deny we have an affect on climate change?

You agree that Global Warming is not a myth?

Exactly what, in my post, do you 'agree' with - since it's apparent from your response you don't agree with any of the above?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#156556 Dec 2, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
Whether the rain will hurt the rhubarb or not this year.

I got BIG money bet on rhubarb pie, and if I lose ANOTHER $2.00, I'll hafta file.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#156557 Dec 2, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Methinks I couldn't care less, Romney was a fibber and a flip flopper and I was suppose to vote for HIM?.........methinks not.
Oh we're doin' Shakespeare AGAIN? I GOT to get a program!

As for fibber & flipper, I can't think of ANY politicians that aren't.
It's always been that way. But some (fancy talkers) are just able to schmooze their way better'n others.

Romney was nailed more for speaking the truth (about illegal immigration, gay marriage, abortion, etc.) then he was for lying.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#156558 Dec 2, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't many people who still consider Bush to be a hero, if they ever did. But I DO, and I'll tell you why. He was willing to sacrifice his political popularity for the sake of doing what he believed best for the nation. That kind of integrity is increasingly rare these days, and not just among politicians.
Bush has been subjected to the most vile, hateful criticism and insults that any POTUS has ever endured, and some of it continues even today, four years AFTER he left office. He's been accused of planning 9-11-01, accused of unleashing Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans, for heaven's sake, been called Hitler, Satan, etc. He's had shoes thrown at him, and even people in his own country have been PLEASED about it. Nevertheless, he has handled it with grace and dignity, rarely responding in kind, even the current occupant of 1800 Pennsylvania publicly blames him for his OWN failures.
In MY eyes, even if in no one else's, all that makes George W. Bush a hero. I don't care beans whether or not YOU do, or whether or not you respect ME for it.
he·ro [heer-oh] Show IPA
noun, plural he·roes; for 5 also he·ros.
1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.

3. the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.

You have very low standards.

I cannot see Bush being heroic about anything in the traditional sense of the word.

There are many criminals who are hated. Does that make the heros? I THINK not.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#156559 Dec 2, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about 9/11. Bush couldn't even get the story right three months later. He was way to stupid to plan such an event.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Bongo 52,472
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Chosen Saint Cild 992,202
Huge march TODAY and TOMORROW 10 min keeping warm keep... 2
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 12 min WelbyMD 33
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Rosesz 693,352
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 23 min awesome wise man 12
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 54 min Caliboy 29
More from around the web