“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#156427 Dec 1, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
3 months? I dont think anyone with a thinking brain thought he was going to turn it around in 3 months, but 3 years? Oh Ya.
I know I didnt like the fact that he spent almost 2 full years on HC. And ended up bribing his own party to pass it. I thought more of the focus should have been on the economy. I still fault him for it and always will I imagine.
Just for the record Lawest they been taking every little upswing in the economy for the last 4 years and trying to convince us and themselves that things are turning. I hope they are getting better but I just cant see any reason that they would right now. I'm skeptical of a few points in the job market. I know in my area there have been some pretty big layoffs and we are expecting IBM to close down whats left of their operation here in a fewc months. The other thing to consider is temp hiring for the holidays, this could cause a temporary increase in job numbers also.
I find myself once again hoping I'm wrong about Obama, but when you got a POTUS weho hasnt had a budget plan in 4 years, and who seems to give a hoot less about a 16 trillion debt. its hard to think things will change in the next 4 years. Way to many uncertanties. Including OC and taxes.
Well I feel considerably more optimistic about it, and I'm sure that you'll join me in prayer that I am right.

Peace.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156428 Dec 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Using that logic, it makes one wonder why we didn't need another civil war to implement civil rights for everyone.
Perhaps we learned our lesson the first time...but frankly, given the mood on this and other threads, not to mention the real world, and the tone of many...ahm...'newscasts', I'm not so sure we did. I hear a great deal of talk about another one, including the very recent ridiculous offers to secede from the Union. Hasn't there been one from every State at this point?

To my mind, this isn't stuff to toss around lightly, my sense of humor notwithstanding. I'm in no hurry to go to actual war with members of my family, simply because we disagree in our politics.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#156429 Dec 1, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well I feel considerably more optimistic about it, and I'm sure that you'll join me in prayer that I am right.
Peace.
I'm not quite sure if your joking here or not, but in case you dont know I'm not a prayerful person, at least not in a christian sense. But i do believe things happen for a reason.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#156430 Dec 1, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I do try to ignore it, and am mostly successful, but sometimes my bs-o-meter gets the better of me...to the best of my recollection, it was lisw who assassinated the character of Lawest, not the other way 'round. I didn't think it was particularly 'nice', but perception is everything.
Perhaps you can convince Lisw to refrain from referring to me as 'darling','shovel', or any of the other cutsie pejoratives she seems so fond of, since you dislike badmouthing of me then...I'm getting pretty sick of trying to dissuade her, myself.
And I issue a general apology to those who may have been offended by my 'pick your nose' comment.
I am not above pettiness, either, it seems.:(
Oh I get that KL. But the difference is (IMO) a highly emotional and heart wrenching issue, as opposed to pot shots off yer meter.

I try to stay out of these things as much as possible nowadays, because flaming just doesn't get the RESPECT it once had. Where's the fun in that? Plus I'm getting a lot more tired faster than I was a oouple years ago.

Now I hafta give yahoos the condensed virgin of me ire!

#156431 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>Perhaps we learned our lesson the first time...but frankly, given the mood on this and other threads, not to mention the real world, and the tone of many...ahm...'newscasts', I'm not so sure we did. I hear a great deal of talk about another one, including the very recent ridiculous offers to secede from the Union. Hasn't there been one from every State at this point?
To my mind, this isn't stuff to toss around lightly, my sense of humor notwithstanding. I'm in no hurry to go to actual war with members of my family, simply because we disagree in our politics.
I'm pretty sure the secession stuff happens after every election. Theirs enough radicals on both sides to get threquired signatures. Nothing ever comes of it because cooler heads (and many many more of them) prevail.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#156432 Dec 1, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Texas Pete is the name brand of a bottle of HOT SAUCE, but if you won't be around by then just keep in mind that I'll have my supply of crow for many here with their share of TP or Kerosene, whichever they perfer.
No no no no. Only the Obama 2nd term enablers are the ones eligible
to be dining on crusty Crow.

If Romney had been installed instead of Obama, we'd ALL be feasting
on the best foods of our choice. That was the whole idea in the 1st place. But too many voters like you couldn't see past the wool covering thy eyeballs.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#156433 Dec 1, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Most politicians often flip not only to garner a vote, but to keep up with rapidly changing dynamics in the field.
The main thing is that Romney was the best choice to get this country turned around, get people back to work, restore consumer confidence, and set the economy back on the right track at a much faster pace.
Now UHC will kick in, the debt will climb further outta sight, and it'll be at least 2 years (midterm) b4 the folks realize their huge mistake and put enough R's on Capitol Hill to make barry the Chicago LAME DUCK he is.
Obama already turned the country around. What are you saying. Romney would turn the country back to days right after Bush trashed it? You are being illogical.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#156434 Dec 1, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
No no no no. Only the Obama 2nd term enablers are the ones eligible
to be dining on crusty Crow.
If Romney had been installed instead of Obama, we'd ALL be feasting
on the best foods of our choice. That was the whole idea in the 1st place. But too many voters like you couldn't see past the wool covering thy eyeballs.
Nope, regarding the last sentence in your post I can make the same assertion, and I can see quite far my friend and from a much better perspective >eyes wide open<

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#156435 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm not quite sure if your joking here or not, but in case you dont know I'm not a prayerful person, at least not in a christian sense. But i do believe things happen for a reason.
Nothing to joke about my friend, and as for prayer I've enough faith to believe that if many more prayer warriors inhabited this country things would be much better than they are now regardless of who the president may be,, America is or was the most Blessed country nation ever on this earth but like all other great empire's in history when it turned it's back on God's principals which made it great then as the Word warns..........God will turn from you and I think that the state of things makes that very apparent.

Peace.
Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#156436 Dec 1, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Nope, regarding the last sentence in your post I can make the same assertion, and I can see quite far my friend and from a much better perspective >eyes wide open<
I also start see something different then before obama second election

it look like low income americans are going to prosper,
only loud cries against Obama goes from rich,republicans and oposers, but next obama 4 years are not going to be worse from middle class or below?
and that we have to count,raise country from the ashes,is to raise low class people,bums,help them to find job,or give them who deserve any walfare assistances

#156437 Dec 1, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing to joke about my friend, and as for prayer I've enough faith to believe that if many more prayer warriors inhabited this country things would be much better than they are now regardless of who the president may be,, America is or was the most Blessed country nation ever on this earth but like all other great empire's in history when it turned it's back on God's principals which made it great then as the Word warns..........God will turn from you and I think that the state of things makes that very apparent.
Peace.
Well thats one of the things that makes this country great.......You can believe as you wish and i can believe as I wish..........

Have a good weekend everyone..........

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#156438 Dec 1, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. Maybe NOT! Speculation.
Yep.

But I'm basing my speculation on the outcome of the election.

Before the election, you weren't speculating. You were celebrating.

I'm sure you enjoyed it, but after the election you got your comeuppance.

And now, if you guys don't change your program, you're headed for extinction.

That's a prediction.

“The handle speaks for itself”

Since: Dec 12

Quite a small one

#156439 Dec 1, 2012
First of all, for posting a misleading title in order to farm replies, not cool dick weed.
Second, this is just liberal slander. Congratulations on looking at one or two parts of a single issue during his presidency. I do agree that there was a bunch of unnecessary action happening, but the big thing is that the people of the country wanted revenge. No one could comprehend how anyone possibly had the gall to challenge the mighty, arrogant US and its people. The country felt herself bleed and there are only two proper American responses to crisis:
1. Overreaction
2. Under reaction
We simply overreacted.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#156440 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>
Lets just hope we'll have crow to eat in 4 years instead of just rice at the food lines.
I gotta ask ya Lawest why is it necessary to always include 'inherited' when talking about Obama? Its been 4 years and he ran for reelection. Its HIS now. No more of this inherited bs. By the way Obama said if he doesnt have it fixed in 4 years he is a one termer. Was he lying? Did he or did he not believe he could turn it around in 4 years or was he just lying to get elected?
Jus curious what your thoughts are on it.
Actually, obama said in three years, not four... that's even worse.

Prince Helmut Pipke

Baltimore, MD

#156441 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>
Well thats one of the things that makes this country great.......You can believe as you wish and i can believe as I wish..........
Have a good weekend everyone..........
facts waht is happening around this world,
is not based on your beliefs or christians beliefs,
doomsday will badly and deadly impact your a...and all those hipocrities and churchoidal liars,

nobody escap,you too with your cheaap beliefs hurming only yourselves

have nice night and revise your beliefs without of any value or any world importance.

if you believe that rain doesn't going to be tommorow,it doesn't mean anything or have any impact that day after tomorrow is going to be rain

also your beliefs are worthless

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#156442 Dec 1, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people are always going to vote for Santa Claus, and could care less, like obama, about jobs, the economy, overspending, the deficit, or the national debt. They just want the "free stuff", even if it's not in the best interest of the USA.
If looking out for what's best for this country, and what made it great, causes conservativs to lose elections, so be it... then the country has already been lost.
That's the attitude I like.

Stick to your "principles." Give it away.

It will be our country to run.

And you'll end up the way the dinosaurs did.

Location hidden

#156443 Dec 1, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>But if you've noticed throughtout this pass half year that unemployment has slowly begun to decline
Decline my azz. I've seen more people dropping out of the hunt for employment, driving the unemployment numbers down. Labor participation is at a 30 plus year low.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

In the week ending October 27, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 363,000, a decrease of 9,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 372,000. The 4-week moving average was 367,250, a decrease of 1,500 from the previous week's revised average of 368,750.

In the week ending November 3, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 355,000, a decrease of 8,000 from the previous week's unrevised figure of 363,000. The 4-week moving average was 370,500, an increase of 3,250 from the previous week's unrevised average of 367,250.

In the week ending November 10, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 439,000, an increase of 78,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 361,000. The 4-week moving average was 383,750, an increase of 11,750 from the previous week's revised average of 372,000.

In the week ending November 17, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 410,000, a decrease of 41,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 451,000. The 4-week moving average was 396,250, an increase of 9,500 from the previous week's revised average of 386,750.

In the week ending November 24, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 393,000, a decrease of 23,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 416,000. The 4-week moving average was 405,250, an increase of 7,500 from the previous week's revised average of 397,750.

Next Friday we'll get the first "post election" unemployment numbers... any bets.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#156444 Dec 1, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the attitude I like.
Stick to your "principles." Give it away.
It will be our country to run.
And you'll end up the way the dinosaurs did.
Soooooo rather than have a 2-party system (checks & balances) YOU'd actually prefer that YOUR "superior" party runs the country from now on?

Essentially that means you DON'T really care what's best for the US as long as YOUR "superior" party is in charge?

And that has been clearly shown in this last election (IMO). Of course majority wins the day. But just because Obama was chosen over Romney doesn't mean it was the right decision. Millions of us still believe that you Obama enablers have made a GI-NORMOUS mistake. But the one & only qualifier will be TIME!

Obviously this rookie-in-chief had a miserable 1st term. However, with nothing to lose now, I predict the 2nd term will be FAR worse, and on several fronts both foreign & domestic. By midterm, you suckers MAY have your ears down, and tails between yer legs.

But that also means that this country will be even far worse off than it is now. I don't plan to gloat. I just plan to make sure you jokers LEARN from your sorry-a$$ mistakes.

Location hidden

#156445 Dec 1, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well I feel considerably more optimistic about it, and I'm sure that you'll join me in prayer that I am right.
Peace.
I don't know how anybody can be optimistic when the pResident wants to:

1) Double down on raising taxes from $800 billion to $1.6 trillion.

2) Wants to immediately increase spending.

3) Wants to usurp Congress' Constitutional budget authority by having the Whitehouse take over the authority to raise the debt limit ceiling.

4) Offers no spending cuts to current excessive spending.

Better get ready for the obama recession and more obama credit downgrades. I don't recommend making any large purchases.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#156446 Dec 1, 2012
<quoted text>I do try to ignore it, and am mostly successful, but sometimes my bs-o-meter gets the better of me...to the best of my recollection, it was lisw who assassinated the character of Lawest, not the other way 'round. I didn't think it was particularly 'nice', but perception is everything.
Perhaps you can convince Lisw to refrain from referring to me as 'darling','shovel', or any of the other cutsie pejoratives she seems so fond of, since you dislike badmouthing of me then...I'm getting pretty sick of trying to dissuade her, myself.
And I issue a general apology to those who may have been offended by my 'pick your nose' comment.
I am not above pettiness, either, it seems.
:(
Kathryn, I apologize. I have not had anyone get my goat in a long time, and Lawest doesn't deserve that reaction. He has told so many people they are going to hell for being pro-choice, I just lost it when he said well the ellection was nnot about abortion. Of course it wasn't, but well, never mind. It is not up to me to tell you of whom you should approve. The darling and the shovel (you remind me so much of the poster shovelhead but are not really like her) were uncalled for and I'll refrain no matter how emotional the subject.
BTW, I am pro-life, but I so understand the pro-choice stance. What I don't understand is someone condemning pro-choicers to hell and then saying it doesn't matter about the president.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 50 min ChristineM 48,263
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min hojo 559,651
Hey guys..we are hiring boy for threesome sex.. 54 min myveryownjulia 2
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? 56 min myveryownjulia 2
getting wife to have a mmf threesome (Nov '13) 1 hr myveryownjulia 4
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 1 hr myveryownjulia 155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,696
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr ctsseo 605,054
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 265,195
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web