Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

His lie about 9/11 was plausible for most people. When he spoke about being a pilot and saying how he thought to himself, that's one terrible pilot, he was almost believable. Hey, I missed it too. The fact remains he could not have seen that footage because it was unavailable at the time he was going into the classroom. The FOX footage in question is the only footage in existence of the first plane hitting WTC1 and it wasn't released until twelve hours later. Bush was stupid but he must have known very well that the first he knew of the attack was when being told of it in the classroom. I suppose he thinks the American public are a bunch of grade school kids.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

karl47 wrote:
Abraham Lincoln was a great, liberal President who is most notable for freeing the slaves. He would most likely be ashamed to see the modern GOP and the acts of the republican party of today.
Lincoln considered himself a "Free-thinker" who scoffed at Christian doctrine.
http://www.factasy.com/civil_war/2008/02/29/w...
I've read a great deal about Lincoln, of course some of it based on his personal struggles with depression. I certainly don't think he and Obama would agree on much. He didn't have a whole lot to focus on except the Civil War, so like blogs I think historians inject their own opinion more often than not. What acts of the republican party? Don't tell me you think conservatives are racist. That is pure BS.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
His lie about 9/11 was plausible for most people. When he spoke about being a pilot and saying how he thought to himself, that's one terrible pilot, he was almost believable. Hey, I missed it too. The fact remains he could not have seen that footage because it was unavailable at the time he was going into the classroom. The FOX footage in question is the only footage in existence of the first plane hitting WTC1 and it wasn't released until twelve hours later. Bush was stupid but he must have known very well that the first he knew of the attack was when being told of it in the classroom. I suppose he thinks the American public are a bunch of grade school kids.
You cannot possibly be this dense, noone can.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>Every Thanksgiving one of our family traditions is to toast our predecessors. We toast our families ancestors who threw tea into the harbor,
BTW, you still owe my ancestors for that tea.
Lyndi wrote:
fought the British,

My ancestors.
Lyndi wrote:
WW1,
As did my grandfather... but for the British.
Lyndi wrote:
WW11,
As did my dad... but by then, my ancestors had joined the good guys. My dad was a Scotish immigrant, who taught me to love this country that he adopted, and fought for.
Lyndi wrote:
So on behalf of Issac and having his blood running through my veins I will accept your thanks for America on his behalf because without him and men and women like him, you wouldn't be here having the grand privilege to mock what he helped find.
WE DID BUILD THIS and while you sit there in sunny California reaping the rewards of those who came before you, it would be nice if you showed a little more respect.
An excellent Thanksgiving tradition... I think I'll use it next year. Thanks!

“Mean People Suck”

Since: Dec 06

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief Justice Roger B. Taney ruled that President Abraham Lincoln's actions were "illegal, criminal and unconstitutional."
President Abraham Lincoln was guilty of the following criminal acts:
*Violation of the Constitution and his oath of office by invading and waging war against states that had legally and democratically withdrawn their consent from his government, inaugurating one of the cruelest wars in recent history.
*Subverting the duly constituted governments of states that had not left the Union, thereby subverting their constitution right to "republican form of government."
*Raising troops without the approval of Congress and expending funds without appropriation.
*Suspending the writ of habeas corpus and interfering with the press without due process, imprisoning thousands of citizens without charge or trial, and closing courts by military force where no hostilities were occurring.
*Corrupting the currency by manipulations and paper swindles unheard of in U.S. history.
*Fraud and corruption by appointees and contractors with his knowledge and connivance.
*Continuing the war by raising ever-larger bodies of troops by conscription and hiring of foreign mercenaries and refusing to negotiate in good faith for an end to hostilities.
*Confiscation of millions of dollars of civilian property by his agents in the South, especially cotton, without legal proceedings.
*Waging war against women, children, civilians and civilian property as the matter of policy (rather than as unavoidably incident to combat), e.g., Sherman's March.
http://thomaslegion.net/president_abraham_lin...
Garbage.

Complete and utter garbage.

Taney "ruled" absolutely none of this. As a circuit judge (Supreme Court justices wore both hats, er, robes, back then) he ruled Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus illegal, but the rest of this crap ... if you've got a case name, I'd love to see it.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child, or is there some other explanation for this truther stuff?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Residents Alerted to Obamas' Hawaiian Holiday Plans
With the staff, special forces, local police presence and equipment, the President's visit adds up annually to at least a $4 million vacation courtesy of the Hawaii and federal taxpayers.
While the President and his friends pay for their own rental homes, taxpayers pick up the cost of security and waterfront housing for the Secret Service, Navy Seals and Coast Guard as well as staff accommodations at a plush beachfront Waikiki hotel.
TRAVEL:$3,629,622
The biggest expense is President Barack Obama’s round trip flight to Hawaii via Air Force One.
A Congressional Research Service report released in May 2012 said the plane typically used by the President, a Boeing 747, costs $179,750 per hour to operate. The U.S. Air Force has listed the cost of travel as high as $181,757 per flight hour.
Travel time for Air Force One direct from Washington D.C. to Hawaii is about 9 hours or as high as $1,635,813 each way for a total of $3,271,622 for the round trip to Hawaii and back.
The cost for USAF C-17 cargo aircraft that transports the Presidential limos, helicopters and other support equipment to Hawaii has never been disclosed in the years the President has traveled to Hawaii. However, the flight time between Andrews Air Force Base and Hawaii is at about 21.5 hours roundtrip, with estimated operating cost of $12,000 per hour.(Source: GAO report, updated by C-17 crew member). The United States Marine Corps provides a presidential helicopter, along with pilots and support crews for the test flights, which travel on another C-17 flight. That is $258,000, not including costs for the 4 to 6 member crew's per diem and hotel.
Moana Surfrider Resort
The rentals are fronted by the ocean and backed by a canal. So, the taxpayers must cover the costs for housing U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Coast Guard and Navy Seals in beach front and canal front homes around where the President stays.
Last year, that added up to about $200 per bedroom per day, or $21,600 per average home for a nearly three week period, with special forces renting at least 7 homes. Security arrives ahead of the President costing taxpayers about $176,400 for the length of the visit.
The President’s staff and White House Press Corps typically stay at one of Hawaii’s oldest and most elegant hotels, the Moana Surfrider. Besides its stunningly beautiful view of Waikiki, and its traditional Hawaiian architecture and decor, it is one of the most pricey hotels in the state and government rates are not available during the holiday season. Rooms start at around $270 but can cost as much as $370 a night for an ocean view before Christmas, and climb much higher around the new year.
A conservative estimate with rooms at $270 (excluding a 9.25 percent Transient Accommodation Tax and a 4.712 percent General Excise Tax on each bill, meals, internet charges and other charges) means the taxpayers are covering more than $129,600 in hotel bills for some two dozen staff.
LOCAL TAXPAYER COSTS:$260,000
Local police are paid over time for the President’s visit, which has historically cost Oahu taxpayers $250,000.
The city ambulance the accompanies the President 24 hours a day through his entire visit is about $10,000 to city taxpayers.
For the entire article:
http://www.hawaiireporter.com/residents-alert...
Obama reminds me of a carpetbagger. He's an embarrassment.
Let's put king barry's lifestyle into perspective. The US taxpayer spent $1.4 billion last year to support our king and queen's lavish lifestyle. Across the pond, the British spent $58 million on the entire royal family.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>Bush W. the last president to compare, spent BILLIONS flying to and from Texas on Air Force One at record levels.
I don't suppose you can come up with one of those bothersome supporting links to support that BS statement, can you?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lyndi does not care what past or future (unless they are democrat) Presidents cost us or even if it is justified.
Lyndi only cares to hear herself talk.
I just asked Karl to come up with a link to support that BS "billions in AF1 Texas to DC costs" claim that you seem to also believe is true. You're welcome to try to find it too.

It may be good for you to find out that everything you hear on the internet from the left isn't true.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
So your "roots" here go back 38 years. You know what I resent? Newbies who never lifted a hand to form this nation, have an ancestor who fought or cried for this nation, then get their citizenship and think it's okay to slam the hell out of half of it, mock it's traditions and religions and think it's polite.
It's legal but it's in bad taste, Catcher.
==
Every Thanksgiving one of our family traditions is to toast our predecessors. We toast our families ancestors who threw tea into the harbor, fought the British, fought in the Civil War, WW1, WW11, and blah, blah, blah. And every Thanksgiving since I was a kid I've raised my glass to one Issac Allerton who boated over here on a little ship called the Mayflower. Issac Allerton, a freedom seeker, a capitalist, an adventurer, a man with an indisputably big pair because without Issac casting off across the Atlantic, I wouldn't be here to enjoy what I have in America. And it occurs to me that without Issac and those like him you and people like you wouldn't be here to have the privilege to mock this country and gleefully find fault with it and millions of it's people.
So on behalf of Issac and having his blood running through my veins I will accept your thanks for America on his behalf because without him and men and women like him, you wouldn't be here having the grand privilege to mock what he helped find.
WE DID BUILD THIS and while you sit there in sunny California reaping the rewards of those who came before you, it would be nice if you showed a little more respect.
There is no sentiment in this post worthy of the least bit of respect, period.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the LINK provided for your reading pleasure, you can thank me for the free education later
I followed the link, dufus, and the link provided no case name.

That Taney would have supported the right of secession wouldn't/doesn't surprise me, but the stuff on the website you linked to (a site dedicated to a NC Confederate military unit) said that Taney RULED these things. That SAME SITE states (correctly) that the questions never went before the Supreme Court, so Taney couldn't have 'ruled' it.

You made two posts in a row, one with this crap, the other praising Lincoln as a liberal. Those two posts contradict each other.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief Justice Roger B. Taney ruled that President Abraham Lincoln's actions were "illegal, criminal and unconstitutional."
http://thomaslegion.net/president_abraham_lin...
Taney ruled that Lincoln's suspension of habeas corpus was illegal, but the crap you cut & pasted implies that he ruled on far more than that, which is patently untrue.

“Mean People Suck”

Lafayette IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
As in life will occur frequently, very much as relevant today as it was then.
Huh?

So, tell me ... do you believe that "Lincoln, a great president? Not even close. A great or even mediocre president would have avoided and prevented said conflict. A great president would not have totally and completely thrown the Constitution in the trash. Lincoln, consequently, was definitely the worst U.S. president in history."

That's from the site you cut & pasted the stuff about Taney.

Or, do you believe (as you posted) "Abraham Lincoln was a great, liberal President who is most notable for freeing the slaves."

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot possibly be this dense, noone can.
You are. I gave you the facts. Go on YouTube if you don't believe me. The FOX footage of the first plane did not go into circulation until twelve hours later. It is the only footage of the first plane crash. I defy you to come up with any other footage released the same day. Besides, Bush would not be in the hall watching television. It was really a dumb story and a bald-faced lie. Bush is that stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot possibly be this dense, noone can.
You are Jackass.

Prove me wrong instead of posting ad hominem BS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
Can you prove the Republican/TeaTard strategy which would have been to do nothing, would have gotten the economy out of it's stand-still position. History is against that theory.

Still the whiny TeaTards keep talking this drivel.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>What are the right ones?
Why the real numbers are the right ones, not the ones that OKB and Karl wish they were. I already asked either to provide support for the numbers they claim are true... I'll let them link us to the real numbers, since they made the claim.
UidiotraceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

All right don't believe me, and who ever gave me a negative icon, is asking for it! BQHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Here you are from Big horses mouth! BWHHAHAHAHAAa!

Abraham Lincoln

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

by:

Abraham Lincoln
(1809-1865) 16th US President
Source:

Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
(The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, pp. 145-146.)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove the Republican/TeaTard strategy which would have been to do nothing, would have gotten the economy out of it's stand-still position. History is against that theory.
Still the whiny TeaTards keep talking this drivel.
Dumass comment. Ya can't PROVE speculation, freakin' dipwad.

Better move on to an easier thread, Pee. This one's "over yer haid".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

495 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min Aquarius-WY 2,157
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Aura Mytha 729,508
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 5 min Naveen kumar 932
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Eagle 12 225,571
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min CALYPS017 117,725
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Aura Mytha 259,040
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 36 min Hot hot 652
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Liam 536,847
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Helmut Prince von... 599,511
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••