Bush is a hero

Since: Jul 12

Columbia, MD

#156165 Nov 29, 2012
Disney wrote:
<quoted text>At one time I had directv service and Fox News isn't in every package.
I don't know about all their packages, but it is in the base package.

But thanks for the info.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#156166 Nov 29, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you just made a huge compliment.
How very touching.
Thanks. Don't get used to it!
rider

Marquette, MI

#156167 Nov 29, 2012
archive.org/details/dn2004-0112_vid
Apr 3, 2012
American Dynasty: Fmr. Top Republican Strategist Discusses The Bush Family's Rise To Power Since WWI ...
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#156168 Nov 29, 2012
BWHAHHHHAAAAA

Take the Rich Off Welfare, corporate welfare! NAAAAAAH! To bIg to fail! BWHHAHAHHHAA

* Military waste and fraud
* Social Security Tax Inequities
* Accelerated Depreciation
* Lower Taxes on Capital Gains
* The S&L Bailout
* Homeowners' Tax Breaks
* Agribusiness Subsidies
* Tax Avoidance by Transnationals
* Tax-Free Muni Bonds
* Media Handouts
* Excessive Government Pensions
* Insurance Loopholes
* Nuclear Subsidies
* Aviation Subsidies
* Business Meals and Entertainment
* Mining Subsidies
* Oil and Gas Tax Breaks
* Export Subsidies
* Synfuel Tax Credits
* Timber Subsidies
* Ozone Tax Exemptions

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#156169 Nov 29, 2012
karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing by "KirbyVIII" you were referring to me.
I learn a lot from many posters, so far the only thing I have learned from you is how it would be to carry on like an angry ignorant fool.
No thank you.....carry on
Riiiiight. Well where did I EVER say I was smart like you, mr 4-6 year college man? I was lucky to graduate from HS. Now I'm a 65 1/2
year-old grumpy [email protected]@rd. And I don't like jerks like you regardless of what color you are!

You're [email protected] sure no "good American patriot". Rather than vote for what would have been better for this country, YOU voted to keep the black man with the miserable track record in the WH, mainly because you & him are the same color. Now not only is history made by electing him in the 1st place, he adds to history by winning a 2nd term. P-a-t-h-e-t-i-c!

You support a clown who wants to reward millions of CRIMINAL border jumpers, already straining our economy with free entitlements, and taking jobs away from US citizens at much lower wages. And that's only the beginning.

This inept rookie in the WH is taking the US over a financial cliff, and dumass enablers like you are HELPING him. Who's the ignorant fool?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#156170 Nov 29, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Bad Bob is fair and speaks the truth. You have a great deal to learn. Maybe if you shut up and just read.
Thanks Lis.

How's Homer doin'?
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#156171 Nov 29, 2012
UN members- 134 nations give Support to Palestine

At The UN member council over 178 NAtions support Cuba and only 4 supports USA

And over 130 non-aligned nation support Iran.

G20 Nations look the other way when US ask for assistance!

U our warring lowly joes/janes subservients of the AMerican neocons of Republicans and those democrats are all cause of this bring a financially and morally bankrupt US.

Paradoxically Ironic! to laugh of Cry?

Next? US Dollar Will be Drop as the World reserve currency because US bullying/warring/plundering other nations economies and for US killing people....

Leaving US in the Dust

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#156172 Nov 29, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Lis.
How's Homer doin'?
Doh!

Location hidden

#156175 Nov 29, 2012
karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG...I voted for the better candidate. After watching that group of bafoons in the republican primary I knew right away not a one of them have what it takes to govern this country.
Then the more Romney LIED the clearer it became he was a tax evader, company and job destroyer and he had NO PLANS for anything as he flip/flopped on everything...He simply could not be trusted
The better candidate won and the country will win.
You're a very handsome man Karl, and you do have an education. I just wish your posts were a little higher caliber
UIdiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#156178 Nov 29, 2012
karl47 wrote:
It's Corporate welfare that is KILLING America not social programs that help the poor.
The $150 billion for corporate subsidies and tax benefits eclipses the annual budget deficit of $130 billion.
It's more than the $145 billion paid out annually for the core programs of social services:
Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), student aid, housing, food and nutrition, and all direct public assistance (excluding Social Security and medicare).
http://www.corporations.org/welfare/
Biggest killers of US!

The Economic Disaster That Is Military Keynesianism
Why the US has really gone broke
by Chalmers Johnson
Le Monde diplomatique
www.zcommunications.org/ , February 7, 2008

There are three broad aspects to the US debt crisis. First, in the current fiscal year (2008) we are spending insane amounts of money on "defence" projects that bear no relation to the national security of the US. We are also keeping the income tax burdens on the richest segment of the population at strikingly low levels.

Second, we continue to believe that we can compensate for the accelerating erosion of our base and our loss of jobs to foreign countries through massive military expenditures -- "military Keynesianism" (which I discuss in detail in my book Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic). By that, I mean the mistaken belief that public policies focused on frequent wars, huge expenditures on weapons and munitions, and large standing armies can indefinitely sustain a wealthy capitalist economy. The opposite is actually true.

Third, in our devotion to militarism (despite our limited resources), we are failing to invest in our social infrastructure and other requirements for the long-term health of the US. These are what economists call opportunity costs, things not done because we spent our money on something else. Our public education system has deteriorated alarmingly. We have failed to provide health care to all our citizens and neglected our responsibilities as the world's number one polluter. Most important, we have lost our competitiveness as a manufacturer for civilian needs, an infinitely more efficient use of scarce resources than arms manufacturing.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#156179 Nov 29, 2012
karl47 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG...I voted for the better candidate. After watching that group of bafoons in the republican primary I knew right away not a one of them have what it takes to govern this country.
Then the more Romney LIED the clearer it became he was a tax evader, company and job destroyer and he had NO PLANS for anything as he flip/flopped on everything...He simply could not be trusted
The better candidate won and the country will win.
LIAR!

Location hidden

#156180 Nov 29, 2012
karl47 wrote:
It's Corporate welfare that is KILLING America not social programs that help the poor.
The $150 billion for corporate subsidies and tax benefits eclipses the annual budget deficit of $130 billion.
It's more than the $145 billion paid out annually for the core programs of social services:
Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), student aid, housing, food and nutrition, and all direct public assistance (excluding Social Security and medicare).
http://www.corporations.org/welfare/
Corporate welfare? It is the taxes that make it possible for corporations to hire and reinvest in America if they are not so high that it makes it impossible to do so. Isn't it better to have more jobs than to increase social welfare spending exponentially. I believe we need the social welfare programs. We must not let our american citizens go hungry or homeless. But two years and more of unemployment? when stats show that once unemployment runs out 92% of people find a job within a month. As a clinician I've always had problems with our welfare system. It doesn't allow people to ease back into work. A little work you lose your benefits. And the control exerted over those who receive benefits is unconscienable.
We could spend alot less in this country if we quit subsidizing industries. There is no reason to subsidize biofuels, wind, solar etc beyond a year. If they don't take off, then they aren't a good product. That's not the same as a tax system that encourages investment.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#156181 Nov 29, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the person that depicted obama as a witch doctor during the obamacare debates was only providing thought provoking artwork too.
Why are anti-Christian depictions considered art, but anti-obama depictions considered racist? Inquiringmind want to know...
Good question, Bob. I remember the uproar, many years ago now, when a major art museum in D.C.** posthumously exhibited the photographs of one Robert Mapplethorpe, IIRC. Mr. Mapplethorpe's works of art consisted of images of things scatological in unusual contexts. I distinctly remember THE WASHINGTON POST describing one such masterpiece as a crucifix reposing in a jar of urine. Naturally, the uproar was whether such artistic achievements should be displayed publicly, and/or in a public facility, who should be making these decisions, etc., etc.

**The National Museum of Art, again IIRC. I'm not sure I do. D.C. has a whole bunch of museums, The National Museum of Art being only one of the best known. By the way, the National Museum of Art is NOT part of the Smithsonian Institution.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#156182 Nov 29, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Bad Bob is fair and speaks the truth. You have a great deal to learn. Maybe if you shut up and just read.
I am supposed to be impressed with that pathetic comment?

You have a big price on your worthless opinions.

Here is a nickle for your free advice. Consider yourself lucky.

Location hidden

#156183 Nov 29, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. They are very appreciative, but not flag wavers at all.
That's not what I meant :) I meant that when they see the flag it probably reminds them of how much they wanted to become citizens of the nation that flies the American flag, and how hard they worked to gain that privilege.

A little flag-waving never hurt anybody :) But one doesn't have to be a flag-waver to be patriotic, either. Thinking just now about how to define patriotism, just off the top of my head I'd say Superman had a pretty good definition: real patriotism - AMERICAN patriotism - is being a champion of truth, justice and the American way.

Location hidden

#156184 Nov 29, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sweetie, you weren't supposed to be IMPRESSED with it. You're supposed to FOLLOW it. You do indeed have a lot to learn, and you couldn't find better teachers than Lis or badbob. Between them, they have enough wisdom and life experience to run the entire planet.

By the way, it's "n-i-c-k-e-l," not "nickle."

Location hidden

#156185 Nov 29, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you OR KirbyVIII know who WWW is. Allow me.
He's a committed liberal, highly intelligent, near photographic memory, a recall capacity of various ages of history very hard to match, and a 5+ years regular poster on this thread. The only one coming close to that would be his cyber pal HipGnosis, also a long-time poster here.

Both of youse birds could learn a lot from EITHER of them.
Hear, hear :) They are two of the smartest people I've ever met, online or offline.

Location hidden

#156186 Nov 29, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I think garbage impresses you. Can't say I didn't try. keep your nickle you might need it.

Location hidden

#156188 Nov 29, 2012
oops! Nickel
UIdiotRaceMakeWo rldPeace

United States

#156189 Nov 29, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Corporate welfare? It is the taxes that make it possible for corporations to hire and reinvest in America if they are not so high that it makes it impossible to do so. Isn't it better to have more jobs than to increase social welfare spending exponentially. I believe we need the social welfare programs. We must not let our american citizens go hungry or homeless. But two years and more of unemployment? when stats show that once unemployment runs out 92% of people find a job within a month. As a clinician I've always had problems with our welfare system. It doesn't allow people to ease back into work. A little work you lose your benefits. And the control exerted over those who receive benefits is unconscienable.
We could spend alot less in this country if we quit subsidizing industries. There is no reason to subsidize biofuels, wind, solar etc beyond a year. If they don't take off, then they aren't a good product. That's not the same as a tax system that encourages investment.
Alternative energy is the safest bet for the US ... come on think lil sis lisw. SIS you getting a big whooping again!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 982,167
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Insults Are Easier 122,808
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Toxic Repub Toxins 6,657
____ POPE & ISRAEL Agreement :: *7 YR TRIB ____ 5 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
!!!Stop Global GENOCIDE for OIL 5 hr Hiddn Numbrz 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Michael 681,608
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr onemale 286,430
More from around the web