Bush is a hero

Since: Jul 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#155241 Nov 21, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You can't pass any law to change a person's heart. I would love it if when a man or woman said I do to each other that would be it, you could take them at the word they gave. But I get it, it happens. Heck the most gut-wrenching thing I heard concerning an affair was with a former chuch leader that once spoke to my mens group. He lost everything over it. Just thought what I read about motels years back and where we are today spoke to what kind of progress we really have made! Progress right down the tubes as anything goes.
Chris, you read about Motels geared toward a family atmosphere. There were still notels around and there always have been.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#155242 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, it is the Republicans who promote freedom and liberty. Liberals would deny you of such things.
Of course you could ask "Which believes in personal responsibility more, the one that denies you the choice or the one that allows you the right to make mistakes?"
Just make it up as you go. I love freedom. Too bad Michelle doesn't. Feast on this:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02/22/rush-...

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#155243 Nov 21, 2012
Let me assume that Disney was Chris and I will join him in wishing all a happy and safe Thanksgiving straight through Monday.

I will be spending Thanksgiving with my daughter and family (son is still in Califonia) but Friday I will be traveling to Florida to take my mother back home. I will return to Virginia on Sunday.

I came across this and thought it was particularly interesting for both Thanksgiving and what we are going through as a nation. Surprising similarities between our times and other times.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2012-11-2...

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#155244 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. That guy in Florida commits suicide, the lady in Arizona runs over her husband, the Lord only knows how much the right-wing media is keeping off the air. But if you listen to Patriot Radio (125 on Sirus) man you can here all the crying and whining and nashing of teeth. It is no wonder the crazies are out.
http://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2012/1...

Soon the loony left's "takers" will be showing their colors.

Location hidden

#155245 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobin, if a person is on public assistance there is already a requirement to either be working or looking for a job.
If you cut a person off from public assistance because they test positive, how are they to support their children? You have to take the children or ensure that they are put in a home that can support them.
Most states do not have viable treatment programs unless a person is in jail or has been arrested.
Now that I have covered work, the children's welfare and drug treatment would you explain what your vision of drug testing is supposed to accomplish?
You've covered nothing... except that you think the government should be responsible for the families of druggies. Drug screening would keep taxpayer dollars from supporting drug use.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#155246 Nov 21, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make it up as you go. I love freedom. Too bad Michelle doesn't. Feast on this:
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02/22/rush-...
Something to think about Chris. She is trying to say we have a problem and the way to handle the problem is with education. She is not advocating a "Bloomberg" solution of regulating the size of drinks. In many ways she is doing as Christ would want.

1. Be the example. All things in moderation. It is OK to eat ribs, just not all the time and don't overdo it when you do.

2. Educate others as to what is wrong and ways to correct it.

3. Allow them to decide their destiny.

Location hidden

#155247 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And for a fact, this nation would much rather lock a non-violent, non-associated crime individual up than offer them a good drug treatment program. Even though drug treatment programs are more effictive and cost less.
Lockup? You're the only one that's mentioned jailng those that fail drug screening. I just said they get no bennies UNTIL they pass the drug testing. That was quite a stretch on your part to get to to jailing them from that?

Location hidden

#155248 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you still end up paying more in taxes. The Department of ED passes about 95% of its budget down to the states which pass it down to the school systems.
But you are showing your republican stripes. In favor of yet another unfunded mandate.
It would be far better if ALL of the DOE's funding be collected by the states, rather than funneled through Washington's politicians first.

Location hidden

#155249 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>This is the kind of thing I expect from CC. Apparently the absence of DS and Fearless have caused you and LisW to lose part of what you were as you both have moved much further Republican.
Only if your definition of "Republican" is "producers".

I'll be the first to admit that my definition of "Democrats" includes "takers".

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#155250 Nov 21, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Red states are much more likely to be takers and blue states are more likely to be producers.

Republicans today are not conservative and I would not insult a conservative by inferring they were a Republican.

Republicans are far to right spectrum and base their belief set on numerous false assumptions. This is illustrated by Romney's speech on the 47%; the views expressed by Akin and Mordoch (sp?); the belief that those on public assistance want to be poor; that good paying jobs are plentiful and available; new earth; creationism; liberals run education; and numerous other falsehoods.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#155251 Nov 21, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask - are you willing to compare Red states with Blue states based on:

Money paid in versus money received from the federal government

Education level

Test score level on standardized testing

Average and median income

Are there some other ways to measure them that you would like to include.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#155252 Nov 21, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You miss my point. No matter what type of 'drug' one ingests, or engages in, there is always the choice NOT to use it. The fact that most of us use one type or another, doesn't mean in any way that we don't CHOOSE to use, because the choice NOT to use is ours as well. Simplistic, yes. Absolving of responsibility for one's choices, no.
Why would one who has nothing to look forward too in life choose not to use substances?

Location hidden

#155253 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
We're MUCH more interested in punishment, than in rehabilitation. Prison is profitable, don'tchaknow.
Of course. The whole criminal justice system is big business.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#155254 Nov 21, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that? The human heart is evil from the start.
Typical Christian mentality.

To be good, you must live in fear of the eternal lake of fire.

Location hidden

#155255 Nov 21, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Christian mentality.
To be good, you must live in fear of the eternal lake of fire.
It seems Christendom got sidetracked on the notion of original sin. A more plausible explanation of the myth is man's quest for the knowledge of G-d which is impossible and beyond reach. Using this model sin and salvation becomes irrelevant. Jesus is doing what every high being does, which is to show another path toward enlightenment. Organized religion is a waste of time.

Location hidden

#155256 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>The only way to change that is to create good paying jobs that allow people to be self-sufficient. simply training or educating people for jobs that pay well is not good enough. The law of supply and demand kicks in and wages drop. You have to actually have job creation.
And now we know why you voted for Romney, the only candidate with a proven ability to create jobs, not lose them.

Why didn't you just say that you couldn't vote for barry because, for the past four years, he proved that he couldn't create enough jobs to stay ahead of his job losses.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Location hidden

#155257 Nov 21, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would one who has nothing to look forward too in life choose not to use substances?
Everyone has something to look forward to in life. The trick is to find it - for some of us, that is the only way to get out of bed in the morning.

How many 'substances' are you currently using?

Location hidden

#155258 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>Now I will admit that in my mind both of these individuals were mentally unbalanced to say the least. But they were much more closely related to the right reacting to the reelection of Obama than about 90% of the trash (and yes, that is what it is and I am talking about my post with the two people as well) you bring to the board.
Fortunately, the left has much more toleran leaders.

I wonder if he gets a knife when he attends WH functions?

Location hidden

#155259 Nov 21, 2012
<quoted text>
We're MUCH more interested in punishment, than in rehabilitation. Prison is profitable, don'tchaknow.
Confinement was OKB's idea, not mine.

Location hidden

#155260 Nov 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity, what part of my post deserved the response you gave?
I'm thinking it's the part that begins with, and includes, "Defending" and ends with, and includes, "Republican."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min River Tam 48,932
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 20 min WasteWater 2,077
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 21 min Hey U 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Anthony MN 646,694
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 29 min Hey U 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min VIKING 971,730
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) 37 min African Billionaire 15
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web