Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#155169 Nov 20, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep...and it's only gonna get worse over the next FOUR years.
You have a very poor record for predictions so far.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#155170 Nov 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
And just who's fault is it that the woman is a drug addict?
You must be kidding me.
Uh no. I was about 8 when Nancy Reagan had "Just say no to drugs" I lived in Washington at the time. Didn't know a thing about right or left but remember quite well vocal people mocking it and her over it. I thank God for her as I took that pledge when I was a kid. Sidenote Bill Cosby is also very vocal or was about being drug free but strange I've never heard him mocked over it. Oh well.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#155171 Nov 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be kidding me.
Its called moral relativism the left owns it and wish nothing to do with it or where it takes a person. Its a real freak show out here~

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#155172 Nov 20, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Are FEMA recipients being drug tested?
One time emergency disaster recipients... not that I'm aware of.
How about the owners of those companies receiving defense contracts, contracts to build/maintain highways and bridges, or government subsidies to build and staff energy plants?
I believe all those receiving government cotracts are rquired to do drug screenings.
Do we drug test Congress? The President?
I think we should start.
Good luck with that. Congress makes the laws that they have to follow, and the President signs them.

Long Beach, CA

#155173 Nov 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh no. I was about 8 when Nancy Reagan had "Just say no to drugs" I lived in Washington at the time. Didn't know a thing about right or left but remember quite well vocal people mocking it and her over it. I thank God for her as I took that pledge when I was a kid. Sidenote Bill Cosby is also very vocal or was about being drug free but strange I've never heard him mocked over it. Oh well.
I mocked Nancy too.

Not over the drug thing though.

Her belief in the power of psychics was the real joke.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#155174 Nov 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be kidding me.
Her fault. Not kidding.

#155175 Nov 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. So saving money on sales tax works? How about the rest of the year?
People from surrounding states shop in Delaware's malls all year long to take advantge of the savings from DE having no sales tax. As Delaware is only 30 miles wide by 100 miles long, no mall is that far away, and usually they're within 10-15 minutes of state borders. During the holiday season, there are more out of state plates at the malls than there are Delaware plates.

Delaware malls do very well all year long, and are jammed during the holidays.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#155176 Nov 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called moral relativism the left owns it and wish nothing to do with it or where it takes a person. Its a real freak show out here~
The last time I checked it was called drug addiction. There are many reasons why people become addicted to drugs. Moral relativism isn't one of those reasons.

#155177 Nov 20, 2012
Disney wrote:
<quoted text>o would fail.
obama has been failing for four years... but I think he probably gave up the drugs.

But then, one can't be too sure.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#155178 Nov 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I checked it was called drug addiction. There are many reasons why people become addicted to drugs. Moral relativism isn't one of those reasons.
Wrong. Many people want to be stoned so that become numb and don't have to deal with the truth.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#155179 Nov 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, you don't take drugs. I commend you. I recall having a conversation with a police detective about a murder victim I knew well.

Detective Jones asked, "Did she start off smoking pot?"

I asked Jones, "Do you ever drink?"

Detective Jones replied, "We all have a drink or two after work."

I replied, "That's how Jennifer (the victim) started too."

The fact is people get injured or suffer mental illness. Some are simply medicating themselves. There are many reasons why people drink, smoke, or do drugs. "Just say no" is an over simplification.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#155180 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>Her fault. Not kidding.
True.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#155181 Nov 20, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
obama has been failing for four years... but I think he probably gave up the drugs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2wS8B1Qp5kQXX
But then, one can't be too sure.
Now thats funny. Thanks for a laugh.

Long Beach, CA

#155182 Nov 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Many people want to be stoned so that become numb and don't have to deal with the truth.
That may be what you right wingers need at this point.

Escape from the painful reality.

#155183 Nov 20, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
YEs, test them and if they fail send them jail, pay an attorney to represent them and then send them off to jail for a longer time. That is much cheaper than letting them stay home and watch the kids.
Huh? Is that the drugs talking. Who said anything about jail?

They don't receive benefits until they get clean... the only benefit we should pay for.
okb2 wrote:
Then you can put the kids in a foster home and pay them to keep the kids.[/UOTE]

Is there a little voice in your head telling you these things, because it sure wasn't me?

[QUOTE who="okb2"]Kids from a single parent home have a much greater chance of dropping out of school and going on welfare or jail themselves. Locking Mom up makes jail routine and a normal part of life. It also greatly increases their already poor chances of being self-sufficient.
True. So why would we want to reward them to have more children?
okb2 wrote:
Since Mom can no longer get support her kids go in the system.
Mom could always conider getting a job. now, that's radical thinking, but it's a thought.
okb2 wrote:
Generations later someone wants to drug test again.
Yes, they do cost us money in many ways.
but Florida found that despite Republican rhetoric, there just were not that many on drugs.
Then there's no problem... in Florida.
okb2 wrote:
The added burden on the state just was not worth cost. I suggest you talk to Texas about it. Tell them you are willing to foot the bill.
I'm so happy for Florida.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#155184 Nov 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, you don't take drugs. I commend you. I recall having a conversation with a police detective about a murder victim I knew well.
Detective Jones asked, "Did she start off smoking pot?"
I asked Jones, "Do you ever drink?"
Detective Jones replied, "We all have a drink or two after work."
I replied, "That's how Jennifer (the victim) started too."
The fact is people get injured or suffer mental illness. Some are simply medicating themselves. There are many reasons why people drink, smoke, or do drugs. "Just say no" is an over simplification.
Being a clinician I have seen and come to know intimately dual diagnosis people. I think they'd all to the last one say "just say no" is not an oversimplification. It really IS as simple as that. It's after people start using that it becomes very, very complicated.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#155185 Nov 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. As a matter of fact, I feel I have more reason than ever to remain sharp and at the top of my game and work to be the healthiest I've ever been. I'm at an age where I'm pretty sure that the older one is the less healthcare will be available to them. my husband is not as healthy (not through his own fault) and I will need to be sharp to oppose Obama healthcare options at every turn to be sure my husband gets what he needs. I'm rather excited about it. I like a good battle.

#155186 Nov 20, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>I am not against drug screening provided it saves money. I think if you are for drug screening you should be willing to foot the bill. However, I am willing to let you keep all the money you save doing it in return for footing the bill.
I suggest you talk to your Texas legistlature about it.
Investigating murders costs money too, and there's absolutely no chance of bringing back the dead... should we stop spending those $$$? Sometimes we spend money because it's the right thing to do.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#155187 Nov 20, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. I am here with eyes wide open. I've done what I can. Btw I'm doing ok in spite of how bad things are here in Fl. While housing is starting to tick up on a national level Tampa still going down. Might have a new job, working on it and over all happy. You see my reality has very little to do with what libs say day in day out about the right and I'm thankful. Ta ta.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#155188 Nov 20, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all. As a matter of fact, I feel I have more reason than ever to remain sharp and at the top of my game and work to be the healthiest I've ever been. I'm at an age where I'm pretty sure that the older one is the less healthcare will be available to them. my husband is not as healthy (not through his own fault) and I will need to be sharp to oppose Obama healthcare options at every turn to be sure my husband gets what he needs. I'm rather excited about it. I like a good battle.
You bet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 739,540
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 min Roger Paul 849
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Aquarius-WY 542,532
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min waaasssuuup 227,515
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min Johnny 3,092
These Honorable Men 13 min Carla34 7
The Anti-Christ 16 min End Of Days 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min Insults Are Easier 259,508
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 601,091
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••