|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text> Our gov has no honor anymore. This might be funny until you think this happened on the clock and the U.S. taxpayer is paying the bill. Now this is front and center, forget about the people that had honor that died in Benghazi and after its over these people will live fine for the rest of their lives. I've never been more ashamed of the so called leaders in this nation.
For the same reason the First Lady claims to have been '...proud of 'her' country for the first time in HER adult life."

Did the actual point of this REALLY escape you?

I actually think it did.

And, uh........damn.

For what it's worth, Chris, have you ever watched your family disintegrate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Just saying.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Self-serving hooey.
Bachman is a self-righteous flake harkening back to McCarthy-style politics. Palin was a self-aggrandizing fluke. They both produce their own fodder for ridicule, Bachman because she's so self-absorbed, and Palin because it's a means to an end. I have the opinion I have about Palin entirely because of her performance, not her tits. I recall clearly being asked what my problem was with Palin. I laid it out point by point. Why do you suppose that the only examples you want to throw up are the few egregious examples, and tout them as representative of the whole? What of SE Cupp, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Margaret Thatcher, Star Parker, Claire Booth Luce, just off the top of my head? Looks to me like you're playing a rigged game - if we call Maher a dick, which he damn well can be, it's all fair in politics, right, and hey it is likely he has a penis, so what's the beef, right? But if a woman is called a bitch, ohmygod we're attacking her womanhood. Let's not mention the irony of your TX topix rep echoing Limbaugh in calling a private citizen a slut w/o a discouraging word. Am I advancing that as an alternate example? No, I'm saying, can it with the hyper-selective faux outrage. It is an endless carousel leading nowhere but to a bunch of chimps slinging shit.
Politics is a cut-throat game. If ya'll want to raise your skirts and squeal every time a woman is criticized, then Phyllis Schlafly was right - most women need to stay on the proverbial pedestal, and in the home if their husband says so. Politics is too dirty for your delicate sensibilities.
The actions of one Maher or Limbaugh are NOT representative of the whole. I'm responsible for my words and actions, no one else's. The criticisms I have of an individual are based on that individual's words and deeds, not his/her anatomy.
Your first paragraph was irrelevant to my post and you're taking your frustrations with others and directing them toward me.
Don't do that.
Your second paragraph was a disjointed mess.
And thank you very much but I don't need you to patronize me and advise me that politics is cut-throat. Not only am I not new to the game, I just witnessed one the the all time ugliest presidential campaigns in the history of the nation and saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears exactly what the left is capable of and the collective you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that anything goes. There are no limits as to what you will say and do to win. Congratulations. Civiltiy and boundaries in this civilization, has indeed taken a hike.
I didn't just roll into town Hip and I promise you you'll have to dig deeper into your bag of tricks to make this woman lift her skirt and squeal. I'm not prone to growing faint with a case of the vapors over language so you can leave that one at the door. The namecalling doesn't faze this poster but don't sit there and pretend you can't see the duplicity. You cannot sit there being a card carrying member of the party who claims to be fighting a war on women while loading up you missle launchers and declaring a war on women who you don't agree with. From where this citizen sits, it's about the only thing under the leadership of Obama that's transparent and if you are going to deny it's existence, you are being purposely obtuse.
Let me clue you in on something because from all appearances history, philosophy and politics is new territory for you. The behavior of a civilized nation and the charecter of it's people is dictated by what it's leaders condone and who it's leaders are. I'm not impressed and neither are millions of others so the next time you decide to take someone to task on this, namely ME, I suggest you come equipped with more than sloppy diatribe.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first paragraph was irrelevant to my post and you're taking your frustrations with others and directing them toward me.
Don't do that.
Your second paragraph was a disjointed mess.
And thank you very much but I don't need you to patronize me and advise me that politics is cut-throat. Not only am I not new to the game, I just witnessed one the the all time ugliest presidential campaigns in the history of the nation and saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears exactly what the left is capable of and the collective you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that anything goes. There are no limits as to what you will say and do to win. Congratulations. Civiltiy and boundaries in this civilization, has indeed taken a hike.
I didn't just roll into town Hip and I promise you you'll have to dig deeper into your bag of tricks to make this woman lift her skirt and squeal. I'm not prone to growing faint with a case of the vapors over language so you can leave that one at the door. The namecalling doesn't faze this poster but don't sit there and pretend you can't see the duplicity. You cannot sit there being a card carrying member of the party who claims to be fighting a war on women while loading up you missle launchers and declaring a war on women who you don't agree with. From where this citizen sits, it's about the only thing under the leadership of Obama that's transparent and if you are going to deny it's existence, you are being purposely obtuse.
Let me clue you in on something because from all appearances history, philosophy and politics is new territory for you. The behavior of a civilized nation and the charecter of it's people is dictated by what it's leaders condone and who it's leaders are. I'm not impressed and neither are millions of others so the next time you decide to take someone to task on this, namely ME, I suggest you come equipped with more than sloppy diatribe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fNhh0IjcroA

Forgive my 'unoriginality', but methinks thou dost, etc.

If anyone here admits to the duplicity of both parties, it's HipGnosis.
(Applies tea-towel daintily to chin.)

So far, it sure isn't you. You won't admit to a GD thing.
None down, three to go.
:)
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no lover of the pResident, but why are you faulting obama for Hostess closing their doors? I see this as simply a management-union dispute, where the union and the Hostess workers pushed too far, and over 18,500 workers have lost their jobs.
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas Hostess employees, from the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union.
My comment about the Twinkie was a joke. But who knows...with the President's position on unions and his propensity to save companies that are too big to fail, maybe he'll take pity on the cupcake companies.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone deserves respect.
No, they don't.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
I posted my Santa "self portrait" last year and TOPIX was pretty quick to "86" it. Let's see if they're paying attention this year.
That's messed up! They take your Santa pic away yet they allow incest forums to go on??? WTF is this world coming to??? I am currently having a debate in another forum with people that think it's ok to have sex with their children. It's illegal, immoral and a recipe for future trauma. Topix lets people like that talk but you can't post a pic??? I am flabbergasted!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't.
Reminds me of Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You. Yes, everyone deserves respect initially but if they do something/say something that denounces their right to get respect, then no, the respect is lost. For example, I do not respect the values or thought process of a serial killer or a pedophile or rapist. They have lost my respect as a person. If I encountered them on the street I would speak to them cordially but internally, all respect for them would be lost.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment about the Twinkie was a joke. But who knows...with the President's position on unions and his propensity to save companies that are too big to fail, maybe he'll take pity on the cupcake companies.
Well, you must be psychic because yesterday on the news, they actually said that "Twinkie will be no more" and I thought of your post immediately! LOL Hostess is officially going out of business due to the labor strikes. Hey, what are the winning lottery numbers???

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
That's messed up! They take your Santa pic away yet they allow incest forums to go on??? WTF is this world coming to??? I am currently having a debate in another forum with people that think it's ok to have sex with their children. It's illegal, immoral and a recipe for future trauma. Topix lets people like that talk but you can't post a pic??? I am flabbergasted!
There's this new craze among the really 'hip' crowd, called 'ignoring stuff'. Comes in handy in cases like the one you mention, and has un-flabbered numerous gasts.

Hint: Don't go back to that thread.

Just a thought.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

lisw wrote:
Btw they are reporting a meteor shower before dawn this coming a.m. but say nothing about where. Do you know, Rider on the Storm?
Sorry, I had checked out after my last post, but I hadnt heard anything about the meteor shower..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be kidding me. Hardly a word from the press? Then why do you know about it? Here it is in the "liberal" Huffington Post.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/sara...
Google it and take your pick. I think it feeds some kind of herding mentality, to pretend "we're under attack" by "them" and "the press won't report it".
You're doing exactly what I just said, taking the isolated incidents of some unknown cretin and using them to represent an entire group. I mean, did they catch the "crazy ass lib" who allegedly threatened Bristol? No? Then your application of ANY ideology is gratuitous speculation, ain't it?
Was it "some crazy-ass conservative" that killed John Lennon? That stalked Brittany Spears? That attacked Pam Dawber? That shot up Gifford's rally? Of course not. Celebrities receive this stuff all the time, that's why the bodyguard industry is booming. Face it, a lot of people are just nuts. Assigning it to "our political enemies" is inflammatory paranoid group-think.
I believe you hadn't even heard of it till I mentioned it Hip. Maybe you did, But I dont believe you did, Im betting you had just googled it.

I heard of it because I said >hardly< a word. With a vocabulary like yours I'm sure you knew exactly what I meant.

Bristol Palin a celebrity? Oh friggin come on Hip. Call it what it is!! She's nothing more then Sarah Palins daughter. Dont call her a celebrity!!! Your sure to get her killed.

Some woman goes before congress and tries to make her case for free birth control. Rush makes an ill advised joke about it and the President gets involved and the press dont leave it alone for a month or better.

A young girl gets invited to dancing with the stars and her life is threatened and it got about a paragraph on Yahoo news. Where else it showed up I have no idea but it sure wasnt on big news on MSM. And if you want to think it was anyone else but a liberal go ahead but your partisanship is showing again. Why would anyone else give a rats ass if she was on the show. All you have to do is go to a thread about the Palins and listen to the vitriol and hatred for that family from liberals, EVEN 4 YEARS LATER..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>The one thing that attracted me to this thread many moons ago was the relative dearth of such masturbatory ugliness so prevalent elsewhere.
"was" may be the key word there.....
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>This is comical. seems to me that yes many of us were here to have a nice discussion and you and others would routinely ridicule and go beyond the limits of civility. We fight back and NOW the thread has gone to heck. Okay whatever way you want to paint it.
Whoot, dare id izz..........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Forgive my 'unoriginality', but methinks thou dost, etc.
If anyone here admits to the duplicity of both parties, it's HipGnosis.
(Applies tea-towel daintily to chin.)
So far, it sure isn't you. You won't admit to a GD thing.
None down, three to go.
You and him are about the only ones that see it.

Oh sure Hip throws a bone every once in great awhile, but never backs it up very long.........

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely Hostess is to big to fail..........

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I had checked out after my last post, but I hadnt heard anything about the meteor shower..........
What good are ya?:)
I was up early while it was still dark. It wasn't here.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Surely Hostess is to big to fail..........
I thought there might be a possibility, since we're talking the loss of 18,500 UNION jobs, that obama might step in with a GM type "save the union pensions" bailout. Thinking on it further, I think Michelle would cut barry's cojones off if he dares to save a "junk food" company.

I think those 18,500 Hostess workers are going to find out they made a very bad choice... especially when their kids come downstairs to see what Santa left under the Christmas tree this year.

Sometimes you have to swallow a little pride for the good of your family. This obama recovery period is not the time for production line workers to be looking for jobs.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>There's this new craze among the really 'hip' crowd, called 'ignoring stuff'. Comes in handy in cases like the one you mention, and has un-flabbered numerous gasts.
Hint: Don't go back to that thread.
Just a thought.
If you didn't see the Mr. Hankey avatar, it was an obama Mr Hankey. I took it down, because I didn't want to start any race wars in here... even I thought it was a tad too disrespectful for the pResident, even if it was only a joke.

You're stuck with my Santa "self portrait".
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>What good are ya?:)
I was up early while it was still dark. It wasn't here.
Heard about it on my way home. Way too many streetlights around here to see it. On another note might be getting another job. That would be a blessing as each day I put 100 miles on my own car round trip to get to this one. We wil see...
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought there might be a possibility, since we're talking the loss of 18,500 UNION jobs, that obama might step in with a GM type "save the union pensions" bailout. Thinking on it further, I think Michelle would cut barry's cojones off if he dares to save a "junk food" company.
I think those 18,500 Hostess workers are going to find out they made a very bad choice... especially when their kids come downstairs to see what Santa left under the Christmas tree this year.
Sometimes you have to swallow a little pride for the good of your family. This obama recovery period is not the time for production line workers to be looking for jobs.
I wonder if route drivers like myself are in that 18,500?
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

<quoted text>
I believe you hadn't even heard of it till I mentioned it Hip. Maybe you did, But I dont believe you did, Im betting you had just googled it.
I heard of it because I said >hardly< a word. With a vocabulary like yours I'm sure you knew exactly what I meant.
Bristol Palin a celebrity? Oh friggin come on Hip. Call it what it is!! She's nothing more then Sarah Palins daughter. Dont call her a celebrity!!! Your sure to get her killed.
Some woman goes before congress and tries to make her case for free birth control. Rush makes an ill advised joke about it and the President gets involved and the press dont leave it alone for a month or better.
A young girl gets invited to dancing with the stars and her life is threatened and it got about a paragraph on Yahoo news. Where else it showed up I have no idea but it sure wasnt on big news on MSM. And if you want to think it was anyone else but a liberal go ahead but your partisanship is showing again. Why would anyone else give a rats ass if she was on the show. All you have to do is go to a thread about the Palins and listen to the vitriol and hatred for that family from liberals, EVEN 4 YEARS LATER..........
I've learned that when just about anything happens if the person is on the left the story goes away quite quick, if the story sticks around its a right wing nut. Case in point, some loon tried to kill the Pres last year. He was charged with just that and even though Obama wasn't even in D.C. that day the story died. Who wants to guess if this had been a Beck fan we would still be hearing about it? Just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

440 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessarily so 721,947
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Frontliner 115,519
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Buck Crick 224,522
ibhentse emandi (Sep '11) 24 min Teeza 124
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min Epiphany2 599,112
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 41 min raghavendra 534
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 56 min sweets2360 302
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,839
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 533,294
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••