Bush is a hero

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#154901 Nov 16, 2012
I posted my Santa "self portrait" last year and TOPIX was pretty quick to "86" it. Let's see if they're paying attention this year.

Location hidden

#154902 Nov 16, 2012
BlackHeart wrote:
<quoted text>
It does give you a good feeling, helping like that, though, doesn't it? I don't like people in general, and the feeling is returned, for the most part. But I do like helping out when I can. Same for you, I'm sure. The helping that is.
People can be a pain in the butt, and they can be so disappointing, that's why I prefer dogs.
:)

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#154903 Nov 16, 2012
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
David Icke has written many books. He has done interviews with thousands of people. Not trying to be disrespectful towards you but it's not really wise to make a statement about a man when you have no idea what he's about (ref: Icke will hafta do much more than write a book.) I'm telling you, this book was so intense I had to put it down for a bit and then pick it back up a few days later. Don't knock it till you try it is applicable here...
Fair enough. Wasn't really knockin' it, so much as remaining skeptical. But you still haven't said what makes this author
so much different from others. Writing numerous books and doing interviews isn't convincing enough on it's own merit.

There are numerous books on a variety of similar theories: 9/11 Conspiracy theory, Mayan Calendar, Knights of Templar, Holy Grail,
Kennedy assassination, DeVinchi Code, Bermuda Triangle, and so on.

And even if I were financially stable enough to be buying books these days, me eyesight (+ cataract) makes reading books a low priority.

However, since you've already read the book, you're welcome to make your case on his writings, and then go from there.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154904 Nov 16, 2012
Coffee Freak wrote:
<quoted text>
David Icke has written many books. He has done interviews with thousands of people. Not trying to be disrespectful towards you but it's not really wise to make a statement about a man when you have no idea what he's about (ref: Icke will hafta do much more than write a book.) I'm telling you, this book was so intense I had to put it down for a bit and then pick it back up a few days later. Don't knock it till you try it is applicable here...
Suggested Daniel Quinn's works here, and was met with masonry. Must have been my presentation - confrontational, and quite 'self-righteous'.

Big mistake. Must learn from it. Giving it my best shot.
Often falling short.

Location hidden

#154905 Nov 16, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Those 18,500 will be so proud on Christmas morning.
Especially if they are truly thankful for their blessings, as Mary was on Christmas morning.

(Just sayin'.)

Location hidden

#154906 Nov 16, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
I posted my Santa "self portrait" last year and TOPIX was pretty quick to "86" it. Let's see if they're paying attention this year.
Did it look anything like this:

Location hidden

#154907 Nov 17, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. Wasn't really knockin' it, so much as remaining skeptical. But you still haven't said what makes this author
so much different from others. Writing numerous books and doing interviews isn't convincing enough on it's own merit.
There are numerous books on a variety of similar theories: 9/11 Conspiracy theory, Mayan Calendar, Knights of Templar, Holy Grail,
Kennedy assassination, DeVinchi Code, Bermuda Triangle, and so on.
And even if I were financially stable enough to be buying books these days, me eyesight (+ cataract) makes reading books a low priority.
However, since you've already read the book, you're welcome to make your case on his writings, and then go from there.
Bob, when I used to commute to Philadelphia, about 50 miles each way and as much as 2-1/2 hours depending on the weather and traffic, I would listen to audio books. It really made the comute much easier, but the big plus that might interest you is that you listen to the books, and you don't have to worry about your deteriorating eyesight.

New audio books can be expensive, but you can pick up older books at a decent price at discount book stores. I used to sell the audio books I listened in batches grouped by subject on the internet at a huge bargain. Used audio books can be picked up for great prices. Just a suggestion, the words are the same.

A funny thing about that commute, I listened to audio books so I could drive safely, but I saw folks reading books and newspapers while they drove, women applying makeup and eye shadow, and even one clown playing the flute... with both hands. I made that commute for six years, it was an interesting drive. I'm glad I don't have to do it anymore, I was filling my tank five times every two weeks, I'd hate to be doing that at today's obama gas prices.

Location hidden

#154908 Nov 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Especially if they are truly thankful for their blessings, as Mary was on Christmas morning.
(Just sayin'.)
That might work for the parent(s), but I'm not sure kids are that understanding.

Location hidden

#154909 Nov 17, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
That might work for the parent(s), but I'm not sure kids are that understanding.
They are if they're not 'illusioned' in the first place.

Just saying.

Location hidden

#154910 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text> Did it look anything like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RCPOowojiC0XX
Nah, how about this avatar?

Location hidden

#154911 Nov 17, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, how about this avatar?
So far
A gray-box is your

Was this your point?

Location hidden

#154912 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>So far
A gray-box is your
Was this your point?
When it finally loads, it's a "special" Mr Hankey. when, and if, you get to see it, I think you'll understand why I'm not going to be keeping it up for long... some folks might not see the humor.

Location hidden

#154913 Nov 17, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
When it finally loads, it's a "special" Mr Hankey. when, and if, you get to see it, I think you'll understand why I'm not going to be keeping it up for long... some folks might not see the humor.
Humor is universal. If 'they' don't see it, um....less power to them.

http://www.subzin.com/quotes/The+Outlaw+Josey...

Location hidden

#154914 Nov 17, 2012
http://music.yahoo.com/cheech-chong/tracks/si...

Definitely my bedtime.

Asta la vista.

Location hidden

#154915 Nov 17, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text> Our gov has no honor anymore. This might be funny until you think this happened on the clock and the U.S. taxpayer is paying the bill. Now this is front and center, forget about the people that had honor that died in Benghazi and after its over these people will live fine for the rest of their lives. I've never been more ashamed of the so called leaders in this nation.
For the same reason the First Lady claims to have been '...proud of 'her' country for the first time in HER adult life."

Did the actual point of this REALLY escape you?

I actually think it did.

And, uh........damn.

For what it's worth, Chris, have you ever watched your family disintegrate?

Just saying.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154916 Nov 17, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Self-serving hooey.
Bachman is a self-righteous flake harkening back to McCarthy-style politics. Palin was a self-aggrandizing fluke. They both produce their own fodder for ridicule, Bachman because she's so self-absorbed, and Palin because it's a means to an end. I have the opinion I have about Palin entirely because of her performance, not her tits. I recall clearly being asked what my problem was with Palin. I laid it out point by point. Why do you suppose that the only examples you want to throw up are the few egregious examples, and tout them as representative of the whole? What of SE Cupp, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Margaret Thatcher, Star Parker, Claire Booth Luce, just off the top of my head? Looks to me like you're playing a rigged game - if we call Maher a dick, which he damn well can be, it's all fair in politics, right, and hey it is likely he has a penis, so what's the beef, right? But if a woman is called a bitch, ohmygod we're attacking her womanhood. Let's not mention the irony of your TX topix rep echoing Limbaugh in calling a private citizen a slut w/o a discouraging word. Am I advancing that as an alternate example? No, I'm saying, can it with the hyper-selective faux outrage. It is an endless carousel leading nowhere but to a bunch of chimps slinging shit.
Politics is a cut-throat game. If ya'll want to raise your skirts and squeal every time a woman is criticized, then Phyllis Schlafly was right - most women need to stay on the proverbial pedestal, and in the home if their husband says so. Politics is too dirty for your delicate sensibilities.
The actions of one Maher or Limbaugh are NOT representative of the whole. I'm responsible for my words and actions, no one else's. The criticisms I have of an individual are based on that individual's words and deeds, not his/her anatomy.
Your first paragraph was irrelevant to my post and you're taking your frustrations with others and directing them toward me.
Don't do that.
Your second paragraph was a disjointed mess.
And thank you very much but I don't need you to patronize me and advise me that politics is cut-throat. Not only am I not new to the game, I just witnessed one the the all time ugliest presidential campaigns in the history of the nation and saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears exactly what the left is capable of and the collective you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that anything goes. There are no limits as to what you will say and do to win. Congratulations. Civiltiy and boundaries in this civilization, has indeed taken a hike.
I didn't just roll into town Hip and I promise you you'll have to dig deeper into your bag of tricks to make this woman lift her skirt and squeal. I'm not prone to growing faint with a case of the vapors over language so you can leave that one at the door. The namecalling doesn't faze this poster but don't sit there and pretend you can't see the duplicity. You cannot sit there being a card carrying member of the party who claims to be fighting a war on women while loading up you missle launchers and declaring a war on women who you don't agree with. From where this citizen sits, it's about the only thing under the leadership of Obama that's transparent and if you are going to deny it's existence, you are being purposely obtuse.
Let me clue you in on something because from all appearances history, philosophy and politics is new territory for you. The behavior of a civilized nation and the charecter of it's people is dictated by what it's leaders condone and who it's leaders are. I'm not impressed and neither are millions of others so the next time you decide to take someone to task on this, namely ME, I suggest you come equipped with more than sloppy diatribe.

Location hidden

#154917 Nov 17, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first paragraph was irrelevant to my post and you're taking your frustrations with others and directing them toward me.
Don't do that.
Your second paragraph was a disjointed mess.
And thank you very much but I don't need you to patronize me and advise me that politics is cut-throat. Not only am I not new to the game, I just witnessed one the the all time ugliest presidential campaigns in the history of the nation and saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears exactly what the left is capable of and the collective you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that anything goes. There are no limits as to what you will say and do to win. Congratulations. Civiltiy and boundaries in this civilization, has indeed taken a hike.
I didn't just roll into town Hip and I promise you you'll have to dig deeper into your bag of tricks to make this woman lift her skirt and squeal. I'm not prone to growing faint with a case of the vapors over language so you can leave that one at the door. The namecalling doesn't faze this poster but don't sit there and pretend you can't see the duplicity. You cannot sit there being a card carrying member of the party who claims to be fighting a war on women while loading up you missle launchers and declaring a war on women who you don't agree with. From where this citizen sits, it's about the only thing under the leadership of Obama that's transparent and if you are going to deny it's existence, you are being purposely obtuse.
Let me clue you in on something because from all appearances history, philosophy and politics is new territory for you. The behavior of a civilized nation and the charecter of it's people is dictated by what it's leaders condone and who it's leaders are. I'm not impressed and neither are millions of others so the next time you decide to take someone to task on this, namely ME, I suggest you come equipped with more than sloppy diatribe.

Forgive my 'unoriginality', but methinks thou dost, etc.

If anyone here admits to the duplicity of both parties, it's HipGnosis.
(Applies tea-towel daintily to chin.)

So far, it sure isn't you. You won't admit to a GD thing.
None down, three to go.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154918 Nov 17, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no lover of the pResident, but why are you faulting obama for Hostess closing their doors? I see this as simply a management-union dispute, where the union and the Hostess workers pushed too far, and over 18,500 workers have lost their jobs.
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas Hostess employees, from the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union.
My comment about the Twinkie was a joke. But who knows...with the President's position on unions and his propensity to save companies that are too big to fail, maybe he'll take pity on the cupcake companies.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154919 Nov 17, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone deserves respect.
No, they don't.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#154921 Nov 17, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
That's messed up! They take your Santa pic away yet they allow incest forums to go on??? WTF is this world coming to??? I am currently having a debate in another forum with people that think it's ok to have sex with their children. It's illegal, immoral and a recipe for future trauma. Topix lets people like that talk but you can't post a pic??? I am flabbergasted!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Whiskey Ben Solo 124,378
13,000 Witches Trying To Curse Trump 14 min Concerned 1
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 14 min Alt Right Lies 8,256
Gay/Bi men in Leeds (Jul '16) 38 min Treg88 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 982,475
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,480
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 682,157
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 hr onemale 286,505
More from around the web