Bush is a hero

Since: Jul 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154799 Nov 16, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I ran a few food drives for our food bank in Wilmington, DE. I had a pickup, and usually delivered the food we collected. The folks standing in line waiting for the place to open for lunch didn't know me from Adam, but the moment I started taking bags out of the back of the truck to take into the food bank, several people would get out of line and help carry in the food. I never had to carry more than one load of groceries into the food bank, the folks in line always took care of getting the rest into the building.
That attitude made me glad to organize the food drives to help them.
If some of my words look odd, somebody seems to be stealing characters tonight.
That has been my experience in my area as well.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154800 Nov 16, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
When Bill Maher donated a million dollars to the reelect Obama campaign he became more than a comedian and evidently Obama wasn't outraged. He kept it. Bill Maher is many things beside a comedian. He's a political commentator, an extremely bright guy, a spokesperson for the left and a very clever rabble rouser. He says what alot of you think, he can turn laughs into votes and that elevates him into a different category.
I think when many of us mutter "oh, give me a break," is when the duplicity and hypocrisy is put on display by the left. They revere women on the left but heaven help the women on the right if one is viewed to be an obstruction to their movement. Under the bus she goes.
A party cannot be shouting at the top of their lungs about gender equality then turn around and degrade a woman like that and not be considered to be the party of &*($#%#@#'s. A party can not be telling us Hillary Clinton is a smart, bright, competant woman and Michelle Bachman is a bitch. It doesn't fly.
I think you are confusing people who would be a ditz regardless of which side of the aisle they were on and people who are attacked for political reasons.

I don't see much of a difference between Bachman and Wasserman-Shultz (sp) from Florida. Or with West and the same lady from Florida.

But I see a big difference between Wasserman-Shultz and Pelosi or Hillary or Snowe or some of the female Republican governors besides Palin.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#154802 Nov 16, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you can stand reading his krap.
Ignoring this scumsuckin' troll only works when EVERYone joins the
fiesta. UNfortunately, he has a few sympathizers like Virginia, who apparently feels "obligated" to reply to nearly ALL msgs, including trolls.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154803 Nov 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those that agree with abortion and disagree with the death penalty are every bit as hypocritical as those that disagree with abortion but agree with the death penalty.
Actually, neither are being hypocritical. It's a different mindset.

Pro choice/anti capital punishment people most often don't view a zygote/embryo/fetus as having attained personhood, so abortion is acceptable. The criminal on the other hand has indisputably attained personhood and as a person, he/she has the rights which go along with that including their right to life.
==

Those who are pro life and pro capital punishment view the fetus as innocent and the criminal not. Biblically argued, the fetus is an innocent person upon conception and for the criminal, the eye for an eye thing is acceptable.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#154804 Nov 16, 2012
Coffee Freak wrote:
Guys/Gals, I hate to break it to you but the Democrats and Republicans are one in the same. Sure, they make us believe that they are different entities competing for "our vote" but in reality, all they really want is money and power. "The people" are the ones who are supposed to vote for the president but in reality, the Electoral College is the one who decides. The Electoral College is antiquated and is no longer needed - why do we still have it? My friends, we need to join together and stop allowing the government as a whole from taking more and more power. Pretty soon, we will have no rights. It's a scary thing but it seems to me as though Democracy is changing into a Plutocracy. I'm telling you, read David Icke's book "The Biggest Secret". It'll awaken you to the truth.
Isn't this book the opinion of Icke's?? Many people believe they have the "answers". We have at least ONE of them posting in here.

But our "system" is the only one we have, and has worked pretty well over 2 centuries. Icke will hafta do much more than write a book.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154805 Nov 16, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it, she never made it to VP. We have Biden.
Want to take a trip down memory lane with me?
But Biden is well known for saying stupid things on the fly while Palin is the ultimate example of what a conservative, intelligent, attractive Republican woman should be.

Why Jan Brewer does not hold a candle to her and all you have to do is compare their terms as government to prove it. And of course Christine Whitman and Kay Orr were not even close to being in her class.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154806 Nov 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are confusing people who would be a ditz regardless of which side of the aisle they were on and people who are attacked for political reasons.
I don't see much of a difference between Bachman and Wasserman-Shultz (sp) from Florida. Or with West and the same lady from Florida.
But I see a big difference between Wasserman-Shultz and Pelosi or Hillary or Snowe or some of the female Republican governors besides Palin.
Whatever------

Sooooooooo, which is worse?
Not being able to buy Twinkie's anymore or the thousands of workers out of a job?

I will remember this president as the man who killed the Twinkie.
We're doomed.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#154807 Nov 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, what did she really mean when she said the purpose of Paul Revere's ride was to warn the British?
Crap like this could go on for weeks. Who said what, and what exactly did they mean? If you're a detractor,(like you) there IS no right answer. Yer narrow mind has already been made up ages ago.

Probably NOT a good idea to bring up "feeding trolls", if yer gonna treat World Idiot as a regular poster.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154808 Nov 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Biden is well known for saying stupid things on the fly while Palin is the ultimate example of what a conservative, intelligent, attractive Republican woman should be.
Why Jan Brewer does not hold a candle to her and all you have to do is compare their terms as government to prove it. And of course Christine Whitman and Kay Orr were not even close to being in her class.
Do you keep a barrel of "yeahbuts for all occasions" beside you when you post?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#154809 Nov 16, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been my experience in my area as well.
Lemme guess, yer also faster than a speeding bullet & able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154811 Nov 16, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, neither are being hypocritical. It's a different mindset.
Pro choice/anti capital punishment people most often don't view a zygote/embryo/fetus as having attained personhood, so abortion is acceptable. The criminal on the other hand has indisputably attained personhood and as a person, he/she has the rights which go along with that including their right to life.
==
Those who are pro life and pro capital punishment view the fetus as innocent and the criminal not. Biblically argued, the fetus is an innocent person upon conception and for the criminal, the eye for an eye thing is acceptable.
See, now I have to throw in another exception. That is twice you have done this (a reasonable, logical argument causing me to either change my statement or my thoughts or both). Thank you.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154812 Nov 16, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever------
Sooooooooo, which is worse?
Not being able to buy Twinkie's anymore or the thousands of workers out of a job?
I will remember this president as the man who killed the Twinkie.
We're doomed.
Management of Hostess in colusion with union and workers. The workers basically said through their union that they would rather work elsewhere than stick with management.

Hostess had already been through bankruptcy twice with workers giving concessions each time. Management talked a judge into ordering more concessions and the workers said "Hey, you are still making millions, you give."

Basically the same problem the airline had with the pilots.
BlackHeart

Redding, CA

#154813 Nov 16, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I ran a few food drives for our food bank in Wilmington, DE. I had a pickup, and usually delivered the food we collected. The folks standing in line waiting for the place to open for lunch didn't know me from Adam, but the moment I started taking bags out of the back of the truck to take into the food bank, several people would get out of line and help carry in the food. I never had to carry more than one load of groceries into the food bank, the folks in line always took care of getting the rest into the building.
That attitude made me glad to organize the food drives to help them.
If some of my words look odd, somebody seems to be stealing characters tonight.
Food drives? For disaster victims? Thats a different animal altogether.
I'm talking about food Banks, and the regulars that go to them. Disaster victims aren't the type that wait for someone to show up and give them things. They pitch in and help out wherever they are needed. They don't have the 'gimme' mentality that food bank regulars have.
We probably run in different circles, but I've dined in four star restaurants, and eaten Hobo stew in Hobo jungles. Been all over the left coast, including canada and mexico, and folks most places I've been were never much different from one place to another.
It usually just depended on what neighborhood I was in.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154814 Nov 16, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
When Bill Maher donated a million dollars to the reelect Obama campaign he became more than a comedian and evidently Obama wasn't outraged. He kept it. Bill Maher is many things beside a comedian. He's a political commentator, an extremely bright guy, a spokesperson for the left and a very clever rabble rouser. He says what alot of you think, he can turn laughs into votes and that elevates him into a different category.
I think when many of us mutter "oh, give me a break," is when the duplicity and hypocrisy is put on display by the left. They revere women on the left but heaven help the women on the right if one is viewed to be an obstruction to their movement. Under the bus she goes.
A party cannot be shouting at the top of their lungs about gender equality then turn around and degrade a woman like that and not be considered to be the party of &*($#%#@#'s. A party can not be telling us Hillary Clinton is a smart, bright, competant woman and Michelle Bachman is a bitch. It doesn't fly.
Great post Lyndi. I don't watch Maher often but to me he seems very angry and bitter.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154815 Nov 16, 2012
BlackHeart wrote:
<quoted text>
Food drives? For disaster victims? Thats a different animal altogether.
I'm talking about food Banks, and the regulars that go to them. Disaster victims aren't the type that wait for someone to show up and give them things. They pitch in and help out wherever they are needed. They don't have the 'gimme' mentality that food bank regulars have.
We probably run in different circles, but I've dined in four star restaurants, and eaten Hobo stew in Hobo jungles. Been all over the left coast, including canada and mexico, and folks most places I've been were never much different from one place to another.
It usually just depended on what neighborhood I was in.
I think he meant a Food Drive to supply the local Food Bank or to supplement what it was getting from other sources.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154816 Nov 16, 2012
BlackHeart wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke of this before.
You know, Lis, you could walk into a food bank on any given day, heart full of compassion, body well up to putting in four or five vigorous hours of handing out food essentials to the needy, thinking of how much good you will accomplish that day, and at the end of your shift, you just might have an impulse to run over one or two of the needy folk.
I've been in food banks where there were thirty to forty people sitting around, yelling at the receptionist about 'How Long Does It Take To Fill A Bag Of Food", and a bunch of racist or expletives thrown in. They sit there, cursing and giving workers a hard time at every turn. Several times, there was just me and one other volunteer working to fill food demands for all those people, and Not Once did any of them stand up and say,'Hey, do you guys need a hand?'
I'm not saying that it's like that in every food bank, but I've done volunteer work in Juneau, Seattle, Anchorage, Portland, San Francosco, Reno, Vegas, and Los Angeles, and at each polace, I've had at least One day like that.
Even after I conttracted RA, I still did work at these places. The One place I had No problems is a small community twenty miles north of Sacramento called, Woodland. That was a nice place to work. Haven't been there in eight years, thopugh. It might have changed.
That's amazing. I have not actually worked I a food bank but many of my clients have used them. But that was in small towns and they said good things. I sometimes wonder if there is a certain level of anger in people who have to use these things. They don't want to and they shoot the messenger.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154817 Nov 16, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It does if you are blind. Like Beyonce spewing her daily hate for the right when her false god won last week. Just more love and tolerance from the left. Do as they say not as they do lol.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154818 Nov 16, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Prince of a guy. Wonder if he realizes other owners of Denny's franchises may lose business (to boycotters who decline to further patronize Denny's) whether they impose such trickle-down tactics on their customers and staff or not?
Probably.
What a patriot.
Do what you gota do. Everyone is going to have to think hard now. Concerning health care we know cost are going up and as for what happens Jan 1, 2013 who knows. O's word isn't really worth much so I'm guessing many businesses will now plan for the worst. In fact going back 3 yrs. when Beck was still on (Foxnews) he had maj. food co exec. on saying that for some time many cos cost were up and for a while they WERE NOT passing the cost on to us, just eating it in hopes things would turn around. My guess is now that that won't happen cost will now be passed on. America enjoy it! As usual the very people that voted for O will be hurt first and most. What a waste.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154819 Nov 16, 2012
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Darden restaurants, which owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster among others, has already done the same. So have several fast-food outlets like White Castle.'28' is about to become the new '40' in the services industry.
Bingo. Both my wife and I get everything from her co. as its one of the strongest in the state of Fl. Nobody is going to be untouched here. Unless of couse you work for the gov. Does Congress use the very system they have forced on us?
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154820 Nov 16, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to see some real outrage? Show the libs some studies on how republican women tend to be more feminine and attractive than democrat women.
One of two things will happen. Either the fur will fly or they'll pretend it doesn't matter and they hadn't noticed.
And no, none of us ever believed Playboy was poured over by men for the articles.
Some things in life don't change even with you fancy progressives.
Lol. For what it was worth when my wife wanted a Romney shirt I found a rnc office in a high rent part of Tampa called Harbor Island. When I went in two young ladies greeted me and were happy to help. Thinking it has to be pretty from the inside out? Oh and women notice. When I still worked for the a/c co. one of my accounts was the head of the Sarasota school board where all the big shots worked. You get quite an education on some things while working up in the ceiling! Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Squirrel Pot Pie 122,957
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liamm 681,666
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Covfefe 6,826
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 12 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min onemales mother 286,471
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr trifecta1 982,173
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 4 hr mstrstar 298
More from around the web