“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#154661 Nov 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You've answered nothing Hip so to make it easy on you I'll break it down and ask one question at a time. As a woman's rights advocate where was your outrage when Sarah Palin was called a c...?
Despicable. Does that really need to be said? I'll lay dollars to donuts you "missed" that he was soundly criticized by right and left equally. But am I "outraged" by the crap spewed by a shock comedian known for outrageous statements? Should we get "outraged" every time a comedian shoots off his mouth? My "outrage" account is more valuable than that. What is a shock comedian's bread and butter? Answer: Reaction, which brings notoriety, which translates to money in the bank. The best weapon is to ignore. Why should we feed his ego and bank account? Shock comedians go there because they don't have any actual material. I'm not going to feed him, but your "outrage" does.

Do you think it harmed her professionally? Heck, it probably resulted in more book sales and donations to her PAC. Surely you've heard the old show-biz adage, "No such thing as bad press". Palin is (was) all about show-biz.

Don't even give him the benefit of naming him, but still - to present this fringe comedian as representative of "liberals" is just more feed for his ego. Use your head. Be a little more discriminating with your "outrage" quota.

Unless of course it feeds a need.....

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#154662 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the landslide election? Do you not realize what just happened?
Are you going to bury your head in the sand by finding some
ray of hope in governorships?
Is this all you've got?
Fine with me! We'll carry on without you.
You are not only fulla crapola, you're delusional too.
Obama won by 2.5 million votes, or 51% to 48%.

Reagan's LANDSLIDE victory over Carter in 1980 whisked 44 states to Carters 6 states + DC.

Reagan's LANDSLIDE victory ove Mondale in 1984, swept 48 of the 50 states.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#154663 Nov 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Prince of a guy. Wonder if he realizes other owners of Denny's franchises may lose business (to boycotters who decline to further patronize Denny's) whether they impose such trickle-down tactics on their customers and staff or not?
Probably.
What a patriot.
Patriotism has nothing to do with bankruptcy Sis.

The way it sounds, if he keeps his staff fulltime its an extra 5 grand a year per employee for Obamacare. He figure 175 grand per restaurant and his restaurants dont earn that per year.

So would it be better for him to shut down his stores creating more unemployment?

You piss and moan when these guys lay off. OKB says all they got to do is increase the cost of goods sold and decrease the employees pay. well thats all hes doing you cant have it both ways sister Lust.

#154664 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Despicable. Does that really need to be said? I'll lay dollars to donuts you "missed" that he was soundly criticized by right and left equally. But am I "outraged" by the crap spewed by a shock comedian known for outrageous statements? Should we get "outraged" every time a comedian shoots off his mouth? My "outrage" account is more valuable than that. What is a shock comedian's bread and butter? Answer: Reaction, which brings notoriety, which translates to money in the bank. The best weapon is to ignore. Why should we feed his ego and bank account? Shock comedians go there because they don't have any actual material. I'm not going to feed him, but your "outrage" does.
Do you think it harmed her professionally? Heck, it probably resulted in more book sales and donations to her PAC. Surely you've heard the old show-biz adage, "No such thing as bad press". Palin is (was) all about show-biz.
Don't even give him the benefit of naming him, but still - to present this fringe comedian as representative of "liberals" is just more feed for his ego. Use your head. Be a little more discriminating with your "outrage" quota.
I could be wrong but didnt you make a big issue of the Sandra Fluk, Rush Limbaugh fiasco?

Sandra should be writing her book as we speak. She didnt realize it, and I guess I didnt either, but I guess Rush was doing her a big favor..........
;0)

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#154665 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, but hopefully you will understand that these positions will result in the Republican party becoming more and more irrelevant.
The majority have other views, and this will continue to be reflected in the ballot box.
Do you really believe that the majority of Americans support late term abortions?

Do you really believe that the majority of Americans support open borders and illegal immigration?

Do you really believe that the majority of Americans support spending ourselves into bankruptcy, and dumping more debt on our children and grandchildren than most people make?

I don't think so...

We had the wrong candidate, and too many of our folks didn't bother coming out to vote for him. I thought this disaster of an economy was enough to draw out enthusiastic support for Romney, obviously, I was wrong. Maybe next time we'll actually pick a conservative with unwavering moral values... and we won't be running against an incumbent named Santa Claus.

Of course, we'll still hate women and yearn for dirty air and water.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#154666 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Despicable. Does that really need to be said? I'll lay dollars to donuts you "missed" that he was soundly criticized by right and left equally. But am I "outraged" by the crap spewed by a shock comedian known for outrageous statements? Should we get "outraged" every time a comedian shoots off his mouth? My "outrage" account is more valuable than that. What is a shock comedian's bread and butter? Answer: Reaction, which brings notoriety, which translates to money in the bank. The best weapon is to ignore. Why should we feed his ego and bank account? Shock comedians go there because they don't have any actual material. I'm not going to feed him, but your "outrage" does.
Problem with that is it wasn't just some shock jock. Oh he may be the one who called her the C word. But Palin was routinely described on numerous cable news outlets and in the MSM, as everything from "asinine" to "yoyo".

Those same people took innocently benign comments such as the one about seeing Russia on a clear day, and made her into some kinda clueless, whacked-out bimbo.

“The future begins”

every moment

#154667 Nov 15, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be wrong but didnt you make a big issue of the Sandra Fluk, Rush Limbaugh fiasco?
Sandra should be writing her book as we speak. She didnt realize it, and I guess I didnt either, but I guess Rush was doing her a big favor..........
;0)
There ya go. Explain to lisw how that works....

I don't think there's any comparison between a fringe comedian with an obscure TV show calling a public figure a twat in the course of an otherwise obscure routine, and an entertainer who just about sets the Republican agenda calling a private citizen a slut on an extremely popular national radio show. They're both despicable asses, but the fringe guy's national notoriety >came< from the attention poured on him from those "Outraged". That's the only part that's funny.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154668 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
The way it sounds, if he keeps his staff fulltime its an extra 5 grand a year per employee for Obamacare. He figure 175 grand per restaurant and his restaurants dont earn that per year.
So would it be better for him to shut down his stores creating more unemployment?
You piss and moan when these guys lay off. OKB says all they got to do is increase the cost of goods sold and decrease the employees pay. well thats all hes doing you cant have it both ways sister Lust.
I have a feeling both your estimates are pretty far off. Nonetheless, unless he's not offering health insurance at all, Obamacare is not going to affect his bottom line to the tune of 5K per employee. If he has fewer than 50 employees (and the average Denny's location employs around 35, including dishwashers,) it won't affect him at all.

If he feels the need to lay off and raise prices, more power to him - he has as much right to cut his nose off to spite his face as anyone else.

#154669 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>There ya go. Explain to lisw how that works....
I don't think there's any comparison between a fringe comedian with an obscure TV show calling a public figure a twat in the course of an otherwise obscure routine, and an entertainer who just about sets the Republican agenda calling a private citizen a slut on an extremely popular national radio show. They're both despicable asses, but the fringe guy's national notoriety >came< from the attention poured on him from those "Outraged". That's the only part that's funny.
Ya see how that works Lis? LOL.

Of course I knew you would make a distinction between the two, but I dont think the distinction should be made. I agree as you have said though that they, among a few others, are despicable a$$es..........

They are both making huge dollars off shocking us.........

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

#154670 Nov 15, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem with that is it wasn't just some shock jock. Oh he may be the one who called her the C word. But Palin was routinely described on numerous cable news outlets and in the MSM, as everything from "asinine" to "yoyo".
Those same people took innocently benign comments such as the one about seeing Russia on a clear day, and made her into some kinda clueless, whacked-out bimbo.
Funny thing, that whacked-out bimbo had Alaska as the third fastest growing economy, and the guy the "takers" voted back in has unemployment rising, and our economy collapsing, and although he may not be able to see Russia, he's been to 57 of the 58 states.

#154671 Nov 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I have a feeling both your estimates are pretty far off. Nonetheless, unless he's not offering health insurance at all, Obamacare is not going to affect his bottom line to the tune of 5K per employee. If he has fewer than 50 employees (and the average Denny's location employs around 35, including dishwashers,) it won't affect him at all.
If he feels the need to lay off and raise prices, more power to him - he has as much right to cut his nose off to spite his face as anyone else.
Read the link that CC gave earlier. It goes into a little more detail. The 5% pays for the insurance he has to pay for those he keeps fulltime. The rest get cut back to part time and lose benefits. You may think he's a jerk, but the first thing I cut out of the budget is eating out when times are tough, and if you think times arn't tough just wait till we got 20 trillion and inflation sets in.

Watch your favorite eateries start shutting down. Hell even Mac and Dons is reporting losses for the first time in more then a decade.

As BTO says..........Baby you just aint seen nuthin yet.

“The future begins”

every moment

#154672 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, the guy's "representatives" are already busy walking back his hype, while he's unavailable for further interviews, so......

I think it's interesting to watch information develop over time. The guy says $5K per employee? The actual penalty is $2K X the # of employees OVER 30. IOW, say he has 31 employees. 31 - 30 = 1 x $2000. Penalty -$2000

Since the beginning it's nearly impossible to discuss the law rationally due to the extent of the misinformation.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154673 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
Ignore is not working and to say that she benefitted from that is just stupid. She went through hell from the scourging of the left and I believe silence condones. you would not be silent and aren't silent when Obama has been vilely attacked for his race and you shouldn't be. I don't mean not liking him or his policies. I am using my head. the liberal media is turning nice people into viscious mysoginists. My dear beloved sister parrots them saying Palin is stupid. I hold my tongue, she's my sister, but the lady was a governor.
That was question number one, the conservative women. Others have been treated worse especially black woman and not by comedians but by politicians that you might vote for.
Okay you voted for obama . His running mate was Biden. he has made very derogatory remarks about Obama and then about middle easterns. Ignore? That seems to be the case. he has never apologized. ut Juan Williams was fired and so was that talk radio guy.(IMUS??)

#154674 Nov 15, 2012
By the way sis I think this Obama care is going to change the workforce in America, Your going to see alot more benefits go by the wayside. For me it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that if you were hired fulltime, with it came healthcare. i think more and more folks will be on their own when it comes to HC. whether they are fulltime or not. JMO.

Location hidden

#154675 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
Uh I think he was being sarcastic there. She ended up very unpopular. Did you read where she had a campaign rally and ten attended. now much of that she did to herself but Rush Limbaugh should not have called her names and he did apologize. I nnever hear apologies from the left and there are never firings or resignations over the ugly stuff. The left has a high tolerance for ugly.

“The future begins”

every moment

#154676 Nov 15, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying, we're not supposed to have any opinions at all anymore? I'm sorry, I missed her sainthood coronation. In my opinion she was asinine and a flake and much more. I also think she was shrewd and calculating, and provided for her family fabulously well. Time proves she milked her fans for every dollar she could get. She had absolutely no interest in running for President, and that ain't opinion, her "campaign" proved that. She was still milking the cow. Good for her, she did very, very well with her 15 minutes. What in the world could you be complaining about?

#154677 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the guy's "representatives" are already busy walking back his hype, while he's unavailable for further interviews, so......
I think it's interesting to watch information develop over time. The guy says $5K per employee? The actual penalty is $2K X the # of employees OVER 30. IOW, say he has 31 employees. 31 - 30 = 1 x $2000. Penalty -$2000
Since the beginning it's nearly impossible to discuss the law rationally due to the extent of the misinformation.
I agree, he could just be looking for publicity.

As far as the penalty, if the workers are part time there is no penalty.

My >guess< from the story is his fulltime help does not have HC as part of the benefit package. With OC he now has to pay for it. The government by the way dictates the type of insurance you buy. If IRC OC created a bunch of auditing jobs to determine the type of Insurance you need to buy. If he makes his employees P/T there is no HC to buy or fines to pay.

But I agree there is alot of misinfo out there. We'll have to wait and see..........

Location hidden

#154678 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
;0)
And the president called her. I think Sarah is still waiting for her call.

Location hidden

#154679 Nov 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
Btw Hip Limbaugh does not set the Republican agenda. That's ridiculous. i don't and I won't listen to him but even if someone does they know he is merely a commentator. Your fear is showing.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#154680 Nov 15, 2012
Bush is a hero - Topix
Real-Time News
Bush is a hero

NOT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min ChristineM 753,603
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min lil whispers 602,785
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 5 min WasteWater 4,838
Moses never existed 6 min WasteWater 82
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min gimpyolman 441,492
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Toby 96,413
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min pusherman_ 550,875
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min WasteWater 262,078
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 37 min Johnny 3,804

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE