Bush is a hero
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154622 Nov 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that if you did to Mohammed what you did to Jesus there in your avatar, you'd be headless or put in jail, even in america. Just sayin'.
True. I love real tolerance not the spin libs speak of. In fact its why my wife and I were won to Christ from our former lifestyles. God's love!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#154623 Nov 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all m'dear. You are a typical liberal and it is typical liberals that amaze me. Not outrage, amaze. Perhaps I'm not clear, I know I speak too plainly, but I am asking you where are your morals. Why are you so wonderfully unbigoted yet I have never heard you say anything about the bigoted things liberals say. I never hear you criticize those who have metaphorically lynched people like Condaleeza Rice, Mia (her last name escapes me) Herman Cain etc. Im asking why you never said anything when Sarah Palin was called the C word and so was Michelle Bachman, Michelle Malkin and sometimes right on this thread. Your marvelous lack of bigotry only goes one way...to the left. I think you know that I never have said a word about race making any difference, but I do know racism when I see it and it is rampant on the left and your silence and even your participation at times in spearing women, speaks quite loudly. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the left and their self righteous claim to caring. They don't care. Lyndon Johnson didn't care and Barack Obama doesn't care. They are cut from the same cloth and held people down for their own aggrandisement.

Now a series of lies and coverups are being ignored by your side. I asked once who you want to be, the person that believes Obama is so out of the loop that he had no idea off what happened in Benghazi, now with Petreaus or do you want to believe he lied. Either way you are supporting wrong for the sake of liberalism. Well good luck with that.
Now this is a long post,what I criticize you for. Sorry. But if you think what I say has no merit why are you defending yourself so vehemently?
And the most glaring example from just yesterday: that downright embarrassing photo oppor...'scuse me, "press conference" where the simpering lackeys better known as hard-hitting reporters timidly asked our Barry questions like "How's the Benghazi investigation going?" [paraphrased] instead of "Exactly WHEN were you told about the attacks on our embassy, and what then were your specific actions to protect Americans on hearing the news? And since your administration has now admitted knowing all along that this was a terrorist attack planned long in advance and that a lame youtube video had nothing at all to do with it, why then did Susan Rice go on no fewer than FIVE talk shows blaming this video?"

Boy, Lis, when you cut loose you don't kid around :) Well done!

Since: Jul 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154624 Nov 15, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that the voters opted to place Republican Governors in 60% of the states, don't you? Romney may have received less votes than McCain, but those Republican ideas did well at the state level, even as obama was scoring a landslide at the pResidential level. We had the wrong candidate, not the wrong ideas.
You do understand that at one time there were more Democrat ran state and local governments don't you. You are cresting out, the next leg for the Republicans in downhill.

A woman runs over her husband in Arizona because Obama won and he did not vote.

A man commits suicide in the Keys of Florida because Obama won.

Thousands or Americans nationwide are signing petitions to cede from the nation.

Does this sound like a party that should have control of our government?

Or does that sound like a party going downhill fast?

BTW: The Seante will have 4 times as many female Democrat Senators than female Republican Senators.

The House will have 3 times as many female Democrat Representatives than female Republican Representatives.

Just two more signs of a gender gap based on Republican policies.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154625 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I'm not objective. I have an ideology.
I don't know where you live, but for me there's no place like California. I am completely Californicated, as they say....
To each their own. Most of my time was in La and Santa Ana. I have never seen such traffic. I still get a kick out of our traffic. It takes about 15 min to run in and out of malfunction junction in Tampa. Spent 3 hrs one Friday night working in that pit. I guess if you don't have to drive its ok. Also couldn't handle how dry it is. Miss my 100 % humidity.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154626 Nov 15, 2012
Should say the 3 hrs was on I 405 in Ca. not here!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154627 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do volunteer, on a regular basis, in a homeless shelter, a hospice, a legal aid foundation, and an organization dedicated to animals (dogs). I am also thankful for the opportunities I have had, and I contribute generously to various charities. I'm not bragging, just responding to your suggestion that I am not charitable.
I'm a believer that those who have been fortunate to succeed should give back to their community. And I'm willing to walk the walk.
I believe that too "to whom much is given, much is expected" but not through taxes. Like the Red Cross and Fema the help doesn't exactly get to the people at least not before the workers take their cut. I'd be all for increased taxes if it weren't to pay for another bureaucracy, or a flubbed adventure.
I was just thinking that this A.M. that in the case of hurricane Sandy Fema and Red Cross are saying "well we are giving away hot food" Well that's nice and certainly needed in the initial faze, but most of those people have means their bank accounts are okay and what they need is their power to buy and cook their own food, and begin the process of rebuilding.The government has it all wrong.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#154628 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what transference is?
Copycat avoidance?
It's just an observation okb but I can't help notice when someone says something unpleasing toward you or something you've said, you repeatedly throw IT or some variant of IT, right back at them.
Ex:
"You're a ninny."
"Yeah well, you're a bigger ninny. So there!"
You're an curious little fellow.
"Let's find out who sent Susan Rice out on five stations to feed the American people with a false narrative."

However, the WH knew in less than an hour that the attack that killed four Americans and ran us out of eastern Libya had absolutely nothing to do with a video that had been released months before.

OKB's Answer: Blame Bush...

"Bush sent Colin Powell out with a false narrative too."

However, many of the world's leaders, the bulk of the Congress, the previous President and many in his cabinet, all believed that most of the information Powell presented was true, before he said it, and stated so.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes....

Apples and oranges.

Location hidden

#154629 Nov 15, 2012
KarlVIII wrote:
<quoted text>
My "work" will be done when I see fit....Not the likes of YOU CRYING, WHINING, LOSERS.......
The truth is that no Republican could win the White House in 2012 running on the failed tax cuts and disastrous war-first foreign policy. Nor can any Republican opposing comprehensive immigration reform win a future presidential race. Mitt TWIT Romney failed miserably, but voters primarily rejected the Republican national agenda.
Every exit poll concluded the republican FAILURE was because of policy first then the messenger Willard TWIT Romney second...But they still in their tea Ooops I mean pea brains think their antiquated policies are sound.....They will lose many elections to come until they come to grips with REALITY, THEY and THEIR policies SUCK.....
It's hard to beat Santa Claus... especially when Santa could care less that his handouts will lead to bankrupting the country.

Location hidden

#154630 Nov 15, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
And the most glaring example from just yesterday: that downright embarrassing photo oppor...'scuse me, "press conference" where the simpering lackeys better known as hard-hitting reporters timidly asked our Barry questions like "How's the Benghazi investigation going?" [paraphrased] instead of "Exactly WHEN were you told about the attacks on our embassy, and what then were your specific actions to protect Americans on hearing the news? And since your administration has now admitted knowing all along that this was a terrorist attack planned long in advance and that a lame youtube video had nothing at all to do with it, why then did Susan Rice go on no fewer than FIVE talk shows blaming this video?"
Boy, Lis, when you cut loose you don't kid around :) Well done!
The problem is that none of the liberals here will answer our questions, not even to defend Obama. They learned that from Clinton then Obama (ignore it and it will go away OR pretend they asked a different question) I'd like to find just one liberal I can respect. It used to be Willie but he's disappeared. Don't get me wrong I got mad at him but at least he tried to answer questions.
Lost In Transition

United States

#154631 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The article and figures are outdated, pre-Jerry Brown.
We're movin' up.
And loving it, as Agent 86 would add.
Uh huh, and Linda Ronstadt is movin' on up the charts.
You guys and your flux capacitors.

Location hidden

#154632 Nov 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Fabulous. The 'never-never-never' crowd gets smaller by the day. Now if the GOP could just dump this toxic issue, and do the 'moving on' bit, we might actually get somewhere in 2016.
Unlike obama and the left who have no moral compass, those having values may find that those values can sometimes cost one votes. The killing of innocent, viable babies, in or outside the womb will never be acceptable to conservatives... whether it cost votes or not.

Allowing illegal immigrants to flood accross our borders, taking American jobs and resources will never be acceptable to conservatives... whether it cost votes or not.

Spending ourselves into bankruptcy will never be acceptable to conservatives... whether it cost votes or not.
Lost In Transition

United States

#154633 Nov 15, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
What a shock. The people that are at the low end will be hurt the most by an obama victory. Sad.
Denny's to charge 5%'Obamacare surcharge' and cut employee hours to deal with cost of legislation
The fast-food business owner is set to hold meetings at his restaurants in December where he will tell employees,'that because of Obamacare, we are going to be cutting front-of-the-house employees to under 30 hours, effective immediately.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22332...
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22332...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Darden restaurants, which owns Olive Garden and Red Lobster among others, has already done the same. So have several fast-food outlets like White Castle.'28' is about to become the new '40' in the services industry.
Lost In Transition

United States

#154634 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Victor Davis Hanson and I don't see eye-to-eye on anything; I hear him often on one of the right-wing-radio programs (Hugh Hewitt). He's a spokesperson for the right wing, not an objective observer.
And Sowell, you can imagine my views on him.
I will say this: Californians passed Proposition 30; and the Republican Party is irrelevant in the state. That does tell you something.
The optimist rejoices that the glass is half full.
The pessimist laments the glass being half empty.
The stolid can't help but notice the glass is twice the size it needs to be.
Lost In Transition

United States

#154635 Nov 15, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text> And you are Mr. Objective. Ha ha ha. I did enjoy some down time in Santa Barbara. Nothing like that here. But the libs make the state an unfit place to live. No thanks. Bob I don't know how you do it.
In the late 70s I drilled for oil off the Santa Barbara coast. A beautiful, well managed city. Or it used to be, haven't been there for a while.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#154636 Nov 15, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike obama and the left who have no moral compass, those having values may find that those values can sometimes cost one votes. The killing of innocent, viable babies, in or outside the womb will never be acceptable to conservatives... whether it cost votes or not.
Allowing illegal immigrants to flood accross our borders, taking American jobs and resources will never be acceptable to conservatives... whether it cost votes or not.
Spending ourselves into bankruptcy will never be acceptable to conservatives... whether it cost votes or not.
Spare me the false piety - the 'right' has no more of a 'moral compass' than the left. And if curtailing / eliminating abortion is the game plan, show me how we're any closer to the desired result, after 34 years of agitation...
Further, one should at LEAST be willing to advocate and facilitate access to CONTRACEPTION, as the main goal, rather than figuratively (literally in some cases) going after 'the lady bits'. As long as the party line is 'fetal personhood or bust', the GOP will keep losing elections. True conservatives are willing to admit that, and pro-life true conservatives would prefer to practice their beliefs on a personal level, unencumbered as those beliefs are, to focus on something we can actually affect... like the economy. As Chris is so fond of saying, actions speak louder than words.

Location hidden

#154637 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad at all.
We're all out in the streets singing Randy Newman's "I love L.A."
The sun is shining, the beaches are beautiful, and it's a laid-back place.
Greece used to be like that too. Beautiful beaches, clear, Caribbean like waters, a laid back culture.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/07/g...

Something changed.

Location hidden

#154638 Nov 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Spare me the false piety - the 'right' has no more of a 'moral compass' than the left. And if curtailing / eliminating abortion is the game plan, show me how we're any closer to the desired result, after 34 years of agitation...
Further, one should at LEAST be willing to advocate and facilitate access to CONTRACEPTION, as the main goal, rather than figuratively (literally in some cases) going after 'the lady bits'. As long as the party line is 'fetal personhood or bust', the GOP will keep losing elections. True conservatives are willing to admit that, and pro-life true conservatives would prefer to practice their beliefs on a personal level, unencumbered as those beliefs are, to focus on something we can actually affect... like the economy. As Chris is so fond of saying, actions speak louder than words.
You (and others) absolutely refuse to believe that what Bobin (and others) is talking about is NOT reversing Roe v Wade. We want sane limits on abortion. Is that really too much to ask, that they not be partial birth, let the baby die once it's born etc. and that we don't want millions in federal dollars we don't have to go to pay for them? I think it is called compromise, I thought that is what Obama wanted.

Location hidden

#154639 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Victor Davis Hanson and I don't see eye-to-eye on anything; I hear him often on one of the right-wing-radio programs (Hugh Hewitt). He's a spokesperson for the right wing, not an objective observer.
And Sowell, you can imagine my views on him.
I will say this: Californians passed Proposition 30; and the Republican Party is irrelevant in the state. That does tell you something.
It does... that you'll be asking for a federal bailout sometime in the next four years.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#154640 Nov 15, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mentioned before he had shingles. Thanks for the update and glad he is doing better. Prayers with you and him.

Location hidden

#154641 Nov 15, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Greece used to be like that too. Beautiful beaches, clear, Caribbean like waters, a laid back culture.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/07/g...
Something changed.
There was someone on here went by the name Anonymous. She was from Canada and she was lamenting that in Europe they had so many holidays and such a laid back life she wondered why it couldn't be like that here. Noone could tell her that a productive country "works" and that alot of people take pleasure in that work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min Worth Repeating 31,361
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min Seentheotherside 687,381
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 29 min Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 1 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 3 hr Unicorn2331 35
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr dotard tracker 987,387
More from around the web