Bush is a hero

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#154602 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ranked 50th in Best - Worst states for business in 2011 and thus far in 2012.
http://chiefexecutive.net/best-worst-states-f...
"California, once a business friendly state, continues to conduct a war on its own economy. According to the Pacific Research Institute, it has the fourthlargest government of all U.S. states, with spending equal to 18.3 percent of GDP. The comparable figure for Texas is 12.1 percent. Survey respondents uniformly say the state’s regulators are hostile.“No one in his right mind would start a new manufacturing concern here,” said one California CEO."
"California, once a business friendly state, continues to conduct a war on its own economy. According to the Pacific Research Institute, it has the fourthlargest government of all U.S. states, with spending equal to 18.3 percent of GDP. The comparable figure for Texas is 12.1 percent. Survey respondents uniformly say the state’s regulators are hostile.“No one in his right mind would start a new manufacturing concern here,” said one California CEO.
Although California is not unique in pursuing policies that prompt wealth and job creators to expand elsewhere,(New York being a good example), the Golden State seems uniquely oblivious to the effect its labor and other regulations are having on its innovative and growth-oriented Silicon Valley. Job growth in the Valley has flatlined. Firms keep their HQs there, but pursue growth in friendlier states. Google, Intel, Cisco and other companies locate new plants in states such as Arizona, Utah, Texas, Virginia or North Dakota."
Whiney rich CEOs.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#154603 Nov 15, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt the Democrat party got their supermajority because the citizens of California were tired of the obstructionist Republicans. The Republican Party in California is an excellent example of what will happen to the Republicans nationally.
When the RED states start losing all their federal dollars due to cuts that their own Congressmen insist on I suspect the citizens of those states will get more intelligent rather quickly.
And America is kind of stuck in the same place California was for a long time. You had the California TEA Party stomping their feet but not wanting to cut "their" programs to make up for not raising taxes. One of the reasons I insist on ALL Americans being pinched to pay the bill.
You do realize that the voters opted to place Republican Governors in 60% of the states, don't you? Romney may have received less votes than McCain, but those Republican ideas did well at the state level, even as obama was scoring a landslide at the pResidential level. We had the wrong candidate, not the wrong ideas.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#154604 Nov 15, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I was in Ca. was when our king took his place in Jan 09. I lost my job in March of that year. I worked from San Diego to about 150 miles south of San Fran and just about every account I went to in each town had a huge homeless problem. I thought we had it bad here! In fact I remember seeing entire stip malls that were closed and the only thing you saw were day workers that would chase my truck in hopes I could give them a cash job for the day. So whats it like today?
Not bad at all.

We're all out in the streets singing Randy Newman's "I love L.A."

The sun is shining, the beaches are beautiful, and it's a laid-back place.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#154605 Nov 15, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The doofuses would be the Congressmen going after Rice instead of going after the truth. After Powell was fed misinformation to sell to the UN for reasons to go to war in Iraq, the President is right in saying that they should come after him if they have a bone to chew.
I would like to know if Rice was misled concerning the events in Benghazi or why she remained so misinformed at that late date. If she was misled, why and by whom?
BTW: If the Congressmen had done their job when Powell was misled, this probably would never have happened.
Look at that... almost 3,750 posts already. You sure can put them out when you just type, and don't bother to engage your brain.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154606 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no question we have a serious financial crisis. It's part of a global problem, and we're working on it!
There’s a good piece by Victor Davis Hanson that goes a long way to explain what’s gone wrong in California, a state abundant with natural resources, opportunity and a history of success. Hanson identifies:

“... the underlying culprit: a weird sort of utopian mindset. Perhaps because have-it-all Californians live in such a rich natural landscape and inherited so much from their ancestors, they have convinced themselves that perpetual bounty is now their birthright — not something that can be lost in a generation of complacency.

“Californians count on the wealth of farming but would prefer their rivers to remain wild rather than tapped. They like tasteful redwood decks but demand someone else fell their trees for the wood. Californians drive imported SUVs but would rather that you drill for oil off your shores rather than they off theirs. They pride themselves on their liberal welfare programs, but drive out with confiscatory taxes the few left to pay for them.

“Californians expect cheap imported labor to tend their lawns and clean their houses, but are incensed at sky-high welfare and entitlement costs that accompany illegal immigration. Lock ’em up, they say — but the state is bankrupted by new prisons, constant inmate lawsuits, and unionized employees.
“In short, after Californians sue, restrict, mandate, obstruct, and lecture, they also get angry that there is suddenly not enough food, fuel, water, and money to act like the gods that they think they have become.”



If this sounds like a description of spoiled children who want what they want irrespective of the consequences, it should. That folks, is California. That folks, is what is embodied in the Legislature and governor who simply reflect the entitlement, utopian mindset of those they represent.

Californians need to ask the question they avoid. It’s a question econommist Thomas Sowell reminds us to ask when we want or demand something:”At what cost?”

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#154607 Nov 15, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the fact that in 2003 "Pay-Go" lapsed and the Republican Congress sped up all the bush tax cuts. Coincidently, we began running deficits again that year. Keep in mind we did not run a deficit in 2001 or 2002 despite the recession, 9-11 and the invasion of Afghanistan.
And you are right about entitlement spending, but you don't hear the elderly talk about cutting their slice of it. Heck, even people in here don't want to cut SS and Medicare.
Their "PREPAID" SS and Medicare. Why would they throw away the investment the federal government forced them to pay into? Younger folks need to be saved from that same fate.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154608 Nov 15, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
I'm confused... it's hard to tell if these guys are obama Democrats or Moonbeam Democrats...
http://townhall.com/political-cartoons/2012/1...
I guess it doesn't matter, the message is the same... tax the "makers", so they can keep spending, spending, and spending.
Grabbing and spending is a national epidemic both on the federal level and the individual level in this country and it's symptomatic of a nation on the brink of decline.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#154609 Nov 15, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Califonia has the 8th largest economy in the world. Texas has the 15th. Texas also has a larger percentage of its citizens on government assistance.
Not saying California does not have problems, but they aren't doing that bad either.
California's economy is not growing at the rate of Texas and many other states. Actually, California's economic growth isn't even in the top 10.

http://247wallst.com/2011/06/08/america%e2%80...

BTW, Texas is happy with California's "makers" contribution to our population, and our economic growth. At our current rate of growth, it won't be too long before we overtake CA.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#154610 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ranked 50th in Best - Worst states for business in 2011 and thus far in 2012.
http://chiefexecutive.net/best-worst-states-f...
"California, once a business friendly state, continues to conduct a war on its own economy. According to the Pacific Research Institute, it has the fourthlargest government of all U.S. states, with spending equal to 18.3 percent of GDP. The comparable figure for Texas is 12.1 percent. Survey respondents uniformly say the state’s regulators are hostile.“No one in his right mind would start a new manufacturing concern here,” said one California CEO."
"California, once a business friendly state, continues to conduct a war on its own economy. According to the Pacific Research Institute, it has the fourthlargest government of all U.S. states, with spending equal to 18.3 percent of GDP. The comparable figure for Texas is 12.1 percent. Survey respondents uniformly say the state’s regulators are hostile.“No one in his right mind would start a new manufacturing concern here,” said one California CEO.
Although California is not unique in pursuing policies that prompt wealth and job creators to expand elsewhere,(New York being a good example), the Golden State seems uniquely oblivious to the effect its labor and other regulations are having on its innovative and growth-oriented Silicon Valley. Job growth in the Valley has flatlined. Firms keep their HQs there, but pursue growth in friendlier states. Google, Intel, Cisco and other companies locate new plants in states such as Arizona, Utah, Texas, Virginia or North Dakota."
In Texas, we like California's policies... in California. Their "makers" leave for better pastures, and their "takers" stay to suck on the CA government tit... that the CA government can't afford.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154611 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whiney rich CEOs.
I always have to chuckle when someone who is well off (by your own admission) gripes about those who are better off. I can hear you saying "well I work hard". So do the CEO's The typical CEO works from 5:00A.M. until 7:00 P.M. and that's at the office. There is no telling how much more they do at home. They are ultimately responsible to a board that insists that the company make money . A CEO that does not do well every day of the year will be escorted to the entrance of the grounds of the building. You can lose a case and there are just other cases and for you win/lose probably isn't even part of the equation. Cha-ching.

“A Shot In The Eye”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#154612 Nov 15, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
California's economy is not growing at the rate of Texas and many other states. Actually, California's economic growth isn't even in the top 10.
http://247wallst.com/2011/06/08/america%e2%80...
BTW, Texas is happy with California's "makers" contribution to our population, and our economic growth. At our current rate of growth, it won't be too long before we overtake CA.
Oh come on now, it's not like Texas has an actual policy in place to give them those low wages that busiesses find attractive.

Unless you count a high high school drop out rate and illegal immigration as an actual "policy" geared toward bringing in business.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154613 Nov 15, 2012
UIDiotRacesMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Not me you Are another dumb sheeople who needs more than help and infintely World biggest Moron ! BWHHAHAHAHAAAAAA
K now anything about these below mental midget what taking US into Financial and economic ...
Gramm-Blily-leach Act
FTAA bills
Deriviatives
Leo Struassian philosophy And Neocon warfare
US fed Res and Quantitative Easing and macroeconomic problem
Civil Liberties
ecetera
REGURGITATE
>I'm not nasty. The Govt/US corporatist/US fed/US wall street GOVT/us mILITARY INDUSTRAIL cOMPLEX AND Warmonger BUSHjr and King Obama ... is RUINIng AND dESTROYING YOU lIVES!
U call me nasty because you are mentally challenged ...
Paradoxicaly Ironic To cry or laugh? BWHahhhahaa
*********
EXPLAIN to me if you have a brain or you JUST another braindead SHEOOOPLE!
bwhahhhahahahhahahaha
Yes you are Idiot, a nasty person that is and if you ever tried to quit being so manic then you would know it

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154614 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad at all.
We're all out in the streets singing Randy Newman's "I love L.A."
The sun is shining, the beaches are beautiful, and it's a laid-back place.
I suggest you volunteer in one of your many homeless shelters and see if everything is so beautiful and laid back. Or does paying taxes preclude you from being charitable,(it does for a lot of people) Well maybe it is okay to some of them. Some probably came from the slums of Tiajuana and it's all in the comparison isn't it.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#154615 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
There’s a good piece by Victor Davis Hanson that goes a long way to explain what’s gone wrong in California, a state abundant with natural resources, opportunity and a history of success. Hanson identifies:
“... the underlying culprit: a weird sort of utopian mindset. Perhaps because have-it-all Californians live in such a rich natural landscape and inherited so much from their ancestors, they have convinced themselves that perpetual bounty is now their birthright — not something that can be lost in a generation of complacency.
“Californians count on the wealth of farming but would prefer their rivers to remain wild rather than tapped. They like tasteful redwood decks but demand someone else fell their trees for the wood. Californians drive imported SUVs but would rather that you drill for oil off your shores rather than they off theirs. They pride themselves on their liberal welfare programs, but drive out with confiscatory taxes the few left to pay for them.
“Californians expect cheap imported labor to tend their lawns and clean their houses, but are incensed at sky-high welfare and entitlement costs that accompany illegal immigration. Lock ’em up, they say — but the state is bankrupted by new prisons, constant inmate lawsuits, and unionized employees.
“In short, after Californians sue, restrict, mandate, obstruct, and lecture, they also get angry that there is suddenly not enough food, fuel, water, and money to act like the gods that they think they have become.”
If this sounds like a description of spoiled children who want what they want irrespective of the consequences, it should. That folks, is California. That folks, is what is embodied in the Legislature and governor who simply reflect the entitlement, utopian mindset of those they represent.
Californians need to ask the question they avoid. It’s a question econommist Thomas Sowell reminds us to ask when we want or demand something:”At what cost?”
Victor Davis Hanson and I don't see eye-to-eye on anything; I hear him often on one of the right-wing-radio programs (Hugh Hewitt). He's a spokesperson for the right wing, not an objective observer.

And Sowell, you can imagine my views on him.

I will say this: Californians passed Proposition 30; and the Republican Party is irrelevant in the state. That does tell you something.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#154616 Nov 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I always have to chuckle when someone who is well off (by your own admission) gripes about those who are better off. I can hear you saying "well I work hard". So do the CEO's The typical CEO works from 5:00A.M. until 7:00 P.M. and that's at the office. There is no telling how much more they do at home. They are ultimately responsible to a board that insists that the company make money . A CEO that does not do well every day of the year will be escorted to the entrance of the grounds of the building. You can lose a case and there are just other cases and for you win/lose probably isn't even part of the equation. Cha-ching.
I don't begrudge the rich CEOs their success. No gripes here.

All I say is that they shouldn't whine.

Yes, I work hard and it has led to financial success.

And I don't whine.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154617 Nov 15, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
In Texas, we like California's policies... in California. Their "makers" leave for better pastures, and their "takers" stay to suck on the CA government tit... that the CA government can't afford.
How long before the fed has to give Ca. and perhaps NY abd MI. bailouts? I would hope that they would tell them where to go but with our dear leader in place he would be happy to give them more funny money. I knew a man back in 1998 that was talking secession and I thought it was a joke. Sad to say its not really a joke anymore.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154618 Nov 15, 2012
Truth For Legume wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on now, it's not like Texas has an actual policy in place to give them those low wages that busiesses find attractive.
Unless you count a high high school drop out rate and illegal immigration as an actual "policy" geared toward bringing in business.
You do know that if you did to Mohammed what you did to Jesus there in your avatar, you'd be headless or put in jail, even in america. Just sayin'.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154619 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Victor Davis Hanson and I don't see eye-to-eye on anything; I hear him often on one of the right-wing-radio programs (Hugh Hewitt). He's a spokesperson for the right wing, not an objective observer.
And Sowell, you can imagine my views on him.
I will say this: Californians passed Proposition 30; and the Republican Party is irrelevant in the state. That does tell you something.
And you are Mr. Objective. Ha ha ha. I did enjoy some down time in Santa Barbara. Nothing like that here. But the libs make the state an unfit place to live. No thanks. Bob I don't know how you do it.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Sacramento, CA

#154620 Nov 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest you volunteer in one of your many homeless shelters and see if everything is so beautiful and laid back. Or does paying taxes preclude you from being charitable,(it does for a lot of people) Well maybe it is okay to some of them. Some probably came from the slums of Tiajuana and it's all in the comparison isn't it.
I do volunteer, on a regular basis, in a homeless shelter, a hospice, a legal aid foundation, and an organization dedicated to animals (dogs). I am also thankful for the opportunities I have had, and I contribute generously to various charities. I'm not bragging, just responding to your suggestion that I am not charitable.

I'm a believer that those who have been fortunate to succeed should give back to their community. And I'm willing to walk the walk.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Sacramento, CA

#154621 Nov 15, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text> And you are Mr. Objective. Ha ha ha. I did enjoy some down time in Santa Barbara. Nothing like that here. But the libs make the state an unfit place to live. No thanks. Bob I don't know how you do it.
Of course I'm not objective. I have an ideology.

I don't know where you live, but for me there's no place like California. I am completely Californicated, as they say....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min Trump Whines 47,105
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 17 min Doctor REALITY 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Big Al 990,683
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 35 min what I think happ... 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Michael 692,116
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 8 hr Johnny 464
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 13 hr DJ Crazee 39,286
More from around the web