Bush is a hero

Since: Jul 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154574 Nov 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>...(btw I like that you don't answer my posts. It's nice to give commentary without you adding additioal BS.
I enjoy it immensely.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154575 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
Today's press conference today, was a gigantic display of posturing by the President regarding Susan Rice.
===
Benghazi showdown: President Obama said that he thinks it’s “outrageous” that Republicans like John McCain and Lindsey Graham have said they’d block the nomination of U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice to be secretary of state because of her handling of Benghazi.
Obama said he wouldn’t comment on his planned nominations, but remarks like those “besmirch” Rice’s reputation.
“If Sen. McCain and Sen. Graham and others want to go after somebody, they should go after me,” Obama said, adding:“If they go after the U.N. ambassador because apparently they think she’s an easy target, then they’ve got a problem with me.”
Snort- Someone needs to tell this guy that he's not a dictator and he's not Whitey Bolger. The senators have every right to raise an eyebrow and attempt to block Rice after her Sunday morning 5 show, "it was a youtube video" tour. Someone might also want to tell him the Susan Rice is not the UN ambassador. She's the US ambassador to the UN.
"You wanna piece of me?"
What a doofus.
The doofuses would be the Congressmen going after Rice instead of going after the truth. After Powell was fed misinformation to sell to the UN for reasons to go to war in Iraq, the President is right in saying that they should come after him if they have a bone to chew.

I would like to know if Rice was misled concerning the events in Benghazi or why she remained so misinformed at that late date. If she was misled, why and by whom?

BTW: If the Congressmen had done their job when Powell was misled, this probably would never have happened.
bbyob

Morehead, KY

#154576 Nov 15, 2012
If you think Bushwas an idiot what do you think we running our country now?

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154577 Nov 15, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! So the fact that Barney Frank said our financial institutions were "doin' OK" right b4 they collapsed, the fact that starting with Bush Jr., and continuing with Obama, Congressional spending vaulted outta control, the fact that ENTITLEMENT spending is crippling the US, and the fact that our government has NO problem not only wasting taxpayer funds, but finding NEW ways to waste our money, doesn't have much to do with the $16T debt?
Many folks don't mind paying their taxes. It's when they see WHAT their taxes are going to fund that becomes the problem.
How about the fact that in 2003 "Pay-Go" lapsed and the Republican Congress sped up all the bush tax cuts. Coincidently, we began running deficits again that year. Keep in mind we did not run a deficit in 2001 or 2002 despite the recession, 9-11 and the invasion of Afghanistan.

And you are right about entitlement spending, but you don't hear the elderly talk about cutting their slice of it. Heck, even people in here don't want to cut SS and Medicare.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154578 Nov 15, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And like I just said, CA is doing SO well under Dem control isn't it?
Califonia has the 8th largest economy in the world. Texas has the 15th. Texas also has a larger percentage of its citizens on government assistance.

Not saying California does not have problems, but they aren't doing that bad either.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154579 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm one who will pay more.
And I'm happy to do it.
In furtherance of a better society.
As I see it, we all have our different beliefs, and philosophies.
But there's one common thing: For whatever reason, we're all sharing our time here on earth together.
And we should try to do it in a positive, decent, caring way.
That's special.
However it seems the struggling American, the Americans you care so much about are leaving California by the thousands due to lack of opportunity and an unattainable cost of living problem. The "less desireables" in other words, aren't exactly a snug fit in your utopia.

And unless you view showing lower income families the exit door, it seems to be a direct contradiction to your philosophy of: ""The measure of a society is the dignity with which it treats its weakest members"

http://www.newgeography.com/content/001925-if...

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154580 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's special.
However it seems the struggling American, the Americans you care so much about are leaving California by the thousands due to lack of opportunity and an unattainable cost of living problem. The "less desireables" in other words, aren't exactly a snug fit in your utopia.
And unless you view showing lower income families the exit door, it seems to be a direct contradiction to your philosophy of: ""The measure of a society is the dignity with which it treats its weakest members"
How does the recent tax hikes change their budget picture?

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154581 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's special.
BTW: For those really interested, California is 15th on the tax burden list.

http://www.e50plus.com/public/202.cfm

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#154582 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's special.
The article and figures are outdated, pre-Jerry Brown.

We're movin' up.

And loving it, as Agent 86 would add.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154583 Nov 15, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The doofuses would be the Congressmen going after Rice instead of going after the truth. After Powell was fed misinformation to sell to the UN for reasons to go to war in Iraq, the President is right in saying that they should come after him if they have a bone to chew.
I would like to know if Rice was misled concerning the events in Benghazi or why she remained so misinformed at that late date. If she was misled, why and by whom?
BTW: If the Congressmen had done their job when Powell was misled, this probably would never have happened.
"Yakety yak, don't talk back........" lol-

Awww, wassamatter? Don't like the hard questions posed to your hero? Don't like opposition? Selective vision and hearing, okb?

In case you haven't noticed, the President has been playing "let's grease the watermelon and throw it in the pool" regarding Benghazi, since day one. The truth has been twisted, concealed, altered, disguised and diluted.

And I beg your pardon but do you remember when GWB came out with a pledge to get bin Laden "dead or alive?" It was an unfortunate John Wayne moment and one where he took alot of mocking from the left.
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for laughing at His Holiness when he pulls the mob boss routine and tries unsuccessfully to initiate the tough guy image. If Clint Eastwood was listening, it amuses me to think what may have crossed his mind:
"Go ahead, Barry. Make my day."

Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154584 Nov 15, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The article and figures are outdated, pre-Jerry Brown.
We're movin' up.
And loving it, as Agent 86 would add.
Explain the exodus of those who were unable to "move up" and had/have to move----------> out.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154585 Nov 15, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: For those really interested, California is 15th on the tax burden list.
http://www.e50plus.com/public/202.cfm
It's ranked 50th in Best - Worst states for business in 2011 and thus far in 2012.
http://chiefexecutive.net/best-worst-states-f...

"California, once a business friendly state, continues to conduct a war on its own economy. According to the Pacific Research Institute, it has the fourthlargest government of all U.S. states, with spending equal to 18.3 percent of GDP. The comparable figure for Texas is 12.1 percent. Survey respondents uniformly say the state’s regulators are hostile.“No one in his right mind would start a new manufacturing concern here,” said one California CEO."

"California, once a business friendly state, continues to conduct a war on its own economy. According to the Pacific Research Institute, it has the fourthlargest government of all U.S. states, with spending equal to 18.3 percent of GDP. The comparable figure for Texas is 12.1 percent. Survey respondents uniformly say the state’s regulators are hostile.“No one in his right mind would start a new manufacturing concern here,” said one California CEO.

Although California is not unique in pursuing policies that prompt wealth and job creators to expand elsewhere,(New York being a good example), the Golden State seems uniquely oblivious to the effect its labor and other regulations are having on its innovative and growth-oriented Silicon Valley. Job growth in the Valley has flatlined. Firms keep their HQs there, but pursue growth in friendlier states. Google, Intel, Cisco and other companies locate new plants in states such as Arizona, Utah, Texas, Virginia or North Dakota."

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154586 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yakety yak, don't talk back........" lol-
Awww, wassamatter? Don't like the hard questions posed to your hero? Don't like opposition? Selective vision and hearing, okb?
In case you haven't noticed, the President has been playing "let's grease the watermelon and throw it in the pool" regarding Benghazi, since day one. The truth has been twisted, concealed, altered, disguised and diluted.
And I beg your pardon but do you remember when GWB came out with a pledge to get bin Laden "dead or alive?" It was an unfortunate John Wayne moment and one where he took alot of mocking from the left.
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for laughing at His Holiness when he pulls the mob boss routine and tries unsuccessfully to initiate the tough guy image. If Clint Eastwood was listening, it amuses me to think what may have crossed his mind:
"Go ahead, Barry. Make my day."
AAAwwwww, what's the matter, problems with English?

I stated specifically that instead of going after Rice they should go after the truth. Was she misinformed and why. That would include the President wanting her to be misinformed for whatever reason.

They should have been concerned about that when Powell was misinformed when he testified in front of the UN about the intel justifying going to war in Iraq.

If you remember, I also support investigations into Benghazi.

You must be awful bored to scraping this low to try to say something.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154587 Nov 15, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
AAAwwwww, what's the matter, problems with English?
Do you know what transference is?
Copycat avoidance?

It's just an observation okb but I can't help notice when someone says something unpleasing toward you or something you've said, you repeatedly throw IT or some variant of IT, right back at them.

Ex:
"You're a ninny."
"Yeah well, you're a bigger ninny. So there!"

You're an curious little fellow.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#154588 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what transference is?
Copycat avoidance?
It's just an observation okb but I can't help notice when someone says something unpleasing toward you or something you've said, you repeatedly throw IT or some variant of IT, right back at them.
Ex:
"You're a ninny."
"Yeah well, you're a bigger ninny. So there!"
You're an curious little fellow.
Had you brought it back as if you agreed with what I had stated instead of misunderstanding it, I might not be as curious.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Location hidden

#154590 Nov 15, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast, missy. You need to reread his entire comment and then uou need to read past the first inch of the link I provided.
I agree only with the first half his comment, the second half was false.
<quoted text>
The najority of Americans do in fact favor "restricting" abortion; particularly, late term abortion. Most people are not in favor of LTA unless the mother's life is at risk or the fetus has irreversible severe health issues and/or deformitites.
One of the questions posed in the link was:
"Do you think abortion should be legal under any circumstances, legal only under certain circumstances, or illegal in all circumstances?"
Pew research:
Legal in all cases 23%
Legal in most cases 31%
=
Gallup
Legal in all cases 25%
Legal in most cases 52%
=
Washington Post
Legal in all cases 19%
Legal in most cases 36%
-
CNN
Legal in all cases 35%
Legal in most cases 47%
Now I'll move on.
Fabulous. The 'never-never-never' crowd gets smaller by the day. Now if the GOP could just dump this toxic issue, and do the 'moving on' bit, we might actually get somewhere in 2016.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154591 Nov 15, 2012
KarlVIII wrote:
<quoted text>
My "work" will be done when I see fit....Not the likes of YOU CRYING, WHINING, LOSERS.......
The truth is that no Republican could win the White House in 2012 running on the failed tax cuts and disastrous war-first foreign policy. Nor can any Republican opposing comprehensive immigration reform win a future presidential race. Mitt TWIT Romney failed miserably, but voters primarily rejected the Republican national agenda.
Every exit poll concluded the republican FAILURE was because of policy first then the messenger Willard TWIT Romney second...But they still in their tea Ooops I mean pea brains think their antiquated policies are sound.....They will lose many elections to come until they come to grips with REALITY, THEY and THEIR policies SUCK.....
I'm not feeling the love, Karl.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#154592 Nov 15, 2012
KarlVIII wrote:
<quoted text>
My "work" will be done when I see fit....Not the likes of YOU CRYING, WHINING, LOSERS..
That's ok, Chalky. Just glad to see you finally admit on the record that YOU lied.
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154596 Nov 15, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
And he deflected Fox News' Ed Henry's question about Benghazi with the same "it's still under investigation" dodge. It's no wonder Obama has NOT been holding many press conferences.
Yep. No Press conf since March and the so called reporters are too busy with worship of their god to bother to report these days.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...
Chris Clearwater

Safety Harbor, FL

#154597 Nov 15, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok, Chalky. Just glad to see you finally admit on the record that YOU lied.
Lol. Just like his king.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min Alt Right lies 16,003
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 39 min George Justapose 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min George Justapose 683,751
News The Latest: Trump lawyer says there's no pardon... 1 hr George Justapose 2
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 1 hr George Justapose 15
News Trump Says He Has - Complete Power' to Pardon 2 hr Les 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 983,098
More from around the web