Comments
147,961 - 147,980 of 172,273 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154445
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

lisw wrote:
I do wish Romney had been elected, he is a good man but he is also a capable man. Hip asked what it was about him and answered and then later he said noone chose to answer. Typical,
That's an overt lie. Typical.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154446
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all m'dear. You are a typical liberal and it is typical liberals that amaze me. Not outrage, amaze. Perhaps I'm not clear, I know I speak too plainly, but I am asking you where are your morals. Why are you so wonderfully unbigoted yet I have never heard you say anything about the bigoted things liberals say. I never hear you criticize those who have metaphorically lynched people like Condaleeza Rice, Mia (her last name escapes me) Herman Cain etc. Im asking why you never said anything when Sarah Palin was called the C word and so was Michelle Bachman, Michelle Malkin and sometimes right on this thread. Your marvelous lack of bigotry only goes one way...to the left. I think you know that I never have said a word about race making any difference, but I do know racism when I see it and it is rampant on the left and your silence and even your participation at times in spearing women, speaks quite loudly. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the left and their self righteous claim to caring. They don't care. Lyndon Johnson didn't care and Barack Obama doesn't care. They are cut from the same cloth and held people down for their own aggrandisement.
Now a series of lies and coverups are being ignored by your side. I asked once who you want to be, the person that believes Obama is so out of the loop that he had no idea off what happened in Benghazi, now with Petreaus or do you want to believe he lied. Either way you are supporting wrong for the sake of liberalism. Well good luck with that.
Now this is a long post,what I criticize you for. Sorry. But if you think what I say has no merit why are you defending yourself so vehemently?
There ya go. Feel better? As usual, you turn a topic into a personal referendum, and get to use your limited thesaurus of pejoratives. I am glad to help, for mine is a servant ministry.

I hope you have the best day ever today.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154447
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume that when you say "most of us" you are referring to those on this thread. The election showed that "most of them" thought Obama suitably qualified, particularly in light of the choices.
The election showed some of the people are in the mood to live in a oxymoronic society. A corralled, free-for all.

I'll just stay out here riding the range, thank you. I never was the type to join in on a mass bungee jump over a rock quarry.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154448
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama had no need to be Kennedy. Kennedy had to run against real Republicans who were conservative, not like todays Republicans at all.
Obama needs to be Kennedy more than Kennedy did. Kennedy was a uniter - not a divider, and Kennedy knew that Civil Rights were for everyone. Obama believes he should be able to remove them from everyone at his discretion.(And 'promises' not to do it.)
Gag.

Of course, I concur with your second statement.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154449
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh what fun.
Another 4 years of Nancy Pelosivich.

Sweet jezzez, you people have weird taste.

Since: Jul 12

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154450
Nov 14, 2012
 
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all m'dear. You are a typical liberal and it is typical liberals that amaze me. Not outrage, amaze. Perhaps I'm not clear, I know I speak too plainly, but I am asking you where are your morals. Why are you so wonderfully unbigoted yet I have never heard you say anything about the bigoted things liberals say. I never hear you criticize those who have metaphorically lynched people like Condaleeza Rice, Mia (her last name escapes me) Herman Cain etc. Im asking why you never said anything when Sarah Palin was called the C word and so was Michelle Bachman, Michelle Malkin and sometimes right on this thread. Your marvelous lack of bigotry only goes one way...to the left. I think you know that I never have said a word about race making any difference, but I do know racism when I see it and it is rampant on the left and your silence and even your participation at times in spearing women, speaks quite loudly. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the left and their self righteous claim to caring. They don't care. Lyndon Johnson didn't care and Barack Obama doesn't care. They are cut from the same cloth and held people down for their own aggrandisement.
Now a series of lies and coverups are being ignored by your side. I asked once who you want to be, the person that believes Obama is so out of the loop that he had no idea off what happened in Benghazi, now with Petreaus or do you want to believe he lied. Either way you are supporting wrong for the sake of liberalism. Well good luck with that.
Now this is a long post,what I criticize you for. Sorry. But if you think what I say has no merit why are you defending yourself so vehemently?
I think you are confused. There have been several of us that made blanket statements condemning all of the hate speech from whatever source.

Why would individual comments about each and every case be necessary?

Perhaps I am incorrect, but I think Hip is one who is included in the blanket statements.

Interestingly enought, it is many of the Republicans on this thread (to include indipendents who lean in that direction) who have not joined in the blanket statement. Why is that?

There are no real conservatives on this thread to the best of my knowledge.

Since: Jul 12

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154451
Nov 14, 2012
 
lisw wrote:
I do wish Romney had been elected, he is a good man but he is also a capable man. Hip asked what it was about him and answered and then later he said noone chose to answer. Typical, So'm going to repeat it (paraphrasing) I first paid attention to Romney when he was on a Des moines radio station when he ran in the primary in 2004. He was respectflly confrontive with Jan Mikelson, when questions came to him abut being Mormon. He was like he was in the first debate. I admired that he defended his right to separate his religion from the race. he should have. It wa obvious in this campaign that he knew exactly how to come into a failing company and turn things around. That's what this country needed.
And I'm going to say something that noone is saying. Something is screwy. I along with others really thought Romney would win. Polls looked good and the party was motivated. Liberal papers were endorsing him all over the country. I think the results were false. Obama might have won anyway but no way did he win by that much without some tweeking. Why was the military vote so low. Why were there counties all over Ohio with not ONE vote for Romney? There is nothing wrong with the Republican party and there sure was alot right with Romney.
No Obama being president doesn't really effect me. But it sure will effect my kids and my grandchild. I just hope the next president can undo some of this total bungling and neglect.
I told you straight up, Romney alienated the military with his war talk towards Iran and Syria. The military vote went to Obama. The military wants to see diplomacy work and if it doesn't......?

Who is talking about N Korea being a nuclear power and what are we doing about it?

Why is this different?

You want to worry, think about the Muslim nation of Pakistan and how full of militants it is and how it has been a nuclear power for some time.

Now, what counties in Ohio had ZERO votes for Romney?

And now you know why Romney lost the election and why it was not close.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154452
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DS. Good to see you again. Man Tampa is front and center on Petraeus. This is as old as King David and Bathsheba. Praying for his wife. Praying for our nation.
I'm praying that the next guy in charge of secret goings on and covert operations lol- can keep his sexual indescretions private and not get outed by the FBI.

You can't make this stuff up.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cub Run, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154454
Nov 14, 2012
 
Well, sort of. Enjoy this:
Dear Red States:
We're ticked off at your Neanderthal attitudes and politics and we've decided we're leaving.
We in New York intend to form our own country and we're taking the other Blue States with us.
In case you aren't aware that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the rest of the Northeast.
We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially to the people of the new country of The Enlightened States of America (E.S.A).
To sum up briefly:
You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
We get stem cell research and the best beaches.
We get Andrew Cuomo and Elizabeth Warren. You get Bobby Jindal and Todd Akin.
We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.
We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.
We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.
You get Alabama.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states pay their fair share.
Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.
With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.
With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.
We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.
38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.
We're taking the good weed too. You can have that crap they grow in Mexico.
Sincerely,
Citizen of the Enlightened States of America,
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154455
Nov 14, 2012
 
BlackHeart wrote:
<quoted text>
200K a year in San Francisco? Hell, that's almost enough to pay rent on a two bedroom apartment there. You'd have to get another job, if you want to eat, that is.
Make that 3 jobs.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
San Francisco Approves Taxpayer-Funded Transgender Surgeries
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154456
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>There ya go. Feel better? As usual, you turn a topic into a personal referendum, and get to use your limited thesaurus of pejoratives. I am glad to help, for mine is a servant ministry.
I hope you have the best day ever today.
Yep. Its a serveant ministry, unto your self. Get help. The more I read from the left the more pity I feel.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154457
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm praying that the next guy in charge of secret goings on and covert operations lol- can keep his sexual indescretions private and not get outed by the FBI.
You can't make this stuff up.
True. Here is something else true. When I was a kid and pop was a Lt. Cmdr in the U.S.C.G he needed to do something on base some fair Sat morning. I remember this, a black pen that said prop of the U.S. gov and told him to take it. He said there was no honor in that. Our gov has no honor anymore. This might be funny until you think this happened on the clock and the U.S. taxpayer is paying the bill. Now this is front and center, forget about the people that had honor that died in Benghazi and after its over these people will live fine for the rest of their lives. I've never been more ashamed of the so called leaders in this nation.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154458
Nov 14, 2012
 
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are confused. There have been several of us that made blanket statements condemning all of the hate speech from whatever source.
Why would individual comments about each and every case be necessary?
Perhaps I am incorrect, but I think Hip is one who is included in the blanket statements.
Interestingly enought, it is many of the Republicans on this thread (to include indipendents who lean in that direction) who have not joined in the blanket statement. Why is that?
There are no real conservatives on this thread to the best of my knowledge.
More worthless words. Its like a man that says do not overeat and then does just that. You are on the left and make it clear you think the nation is best when the left is in power. Condemn it all you want actions speak. Until you man up (I doubt that ever happens) it means as much as obama saying mean what you say and say what you mean. Just worthless spin.

Since: Jul 12

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154459
Nov 14, 2012
 
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm praying that the next guy in charge of secret goings on and covert operations lol- can keep his sexual indescretions private and not get outed by the FBI.
You can't make this stuff up.
I have to agree. Further, the FBI agent that started all this may be in trouble as well. No official complaint, just a friend asking for a favor. A friend he sent a photo to of himself shirtless showing off his manly pecs.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154460
Nov 14, 2012
 
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume that when you say "most of us" you are referring to those on this thread. The election showed that "most of them" thought Obama suitably qualified, particularly in light of the choices.
True, obama was re-elected by those that voted for him... which happened to be less than 20% of the total U.S. population.

Who would have ever thought there were so many socialists and "takers" protecting their handouts in the USA? We'll see what happens in 2014 and 2016 when obama's next four years take us into a recession, more job losses, higher debt, and more credit downgrades.

The only line of defense America has left is the House that we voted back in to hold the line on obama and the Democrat's tax and spend policies!

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Labor Participation Rate 63.0%

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154461
Nov 14, 2012
 
lisw wrote:
I do wish Romney had been elected, he is a good man but he is also a capable man. Hip asked what it was about him and answered and then later he said noone chose to answer. Typical, So'm going to repeat it (paraphrasing) I first paid attention to Romney when he was on a Des moines radio station when he ran in the primary in 2004. He was respectflly confrontive with Jan Mikelson, when questions came to him abut being Mormon. He was like he was in the first debate. I admired that he defended his right to separate his religion from the race. he should have. It wa obvious in this campaign that he knew exactly how to come into a failing company and turn things around. That's what this country needed.
And I'm going to say something that noone is saying. Something is screwy. I along with others really thought Romney would win. Polls looked good and the party was motivated. Liberal papers were endorsing him all over the country. I think the results were false. Obama might have won anyway but no way did he win by that much without some tweeking. Why was the military vote so low. Why were there counties all over Ohio with not ONE vote for Romney? There is nothing wrong with the Republican party and there sure was alot right with Romney.
No Obama being president doesn't really effect me. But it sure will effect my kids and my grandchild. I just hope the next president can undo some of this total bungling and neglect.
Good post.

I didn't respond because candidate Romney is history, why should I bother defending policies that no longer matter. We had the far better candidate, with much better policies, but neither matter now.

BTW, in Philadelphia, they too had many districts where Romney received no votes. Oddly, all Republican poll watchers were removed from polling places in Philly, and had to get a judge to rule that they be allowed to return. I'm sure that those few unsupervised hours that the Republican poll watchers were locked out had nothing to do with those suspicious results.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154462
Nov 14, 2012
 
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
For months prior to the election, I was amused but perplexed by your seeming certainty of a Mitt landslide. I assumed it was just whistling in the dark, trying to keep up the spirits of the troops. Now it is clear - Fox & Co have been misleading you all throughout with false hope. This is indisputable. After watching Rove's funny little tussle with the facts Tuesday nite, I actually think they even fooled themselves. Like my boss used to say, "That guy lies so much he gets to believin' himself."
I had heard they underestimated Obama's groundgame once again. I had also heard Romney's ground game crashed on election day. It was based on a computer program that was suppose to send out info to 30,000 volunteers waiting for instructions on where to go to get the vote out. The program crashed leaving the volunteers in the lurch with no instruction on where to go.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154463
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
True, obama was re-elected by those that voted for him... which happened to be less than 20% of the total U.S. population.
Who would have ever thought there were so many socialists and "takers" protecting their handouts in the USA? We'll see what happens in 2014 and 2016 when obama's next four years take us into a recession, more job losses, higher debt, and more credit downgrades.
The only line of defense America has left is the House that we voted back in to hold the line on obama and the Democrat's tax and spend policies!
He knew:

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

So what happens when the money is worthless? I wonder what the takers will do? I'm sure that will work out well.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154464
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

This one is good too:

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

What happened in Charlotte again at the Dnc? Just saying...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154465
Nov 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>60+ million Americans disagree. Not a one among them as enlightened as yourself of course, but it is what it is. I don't know what you're whining about, he's nearly as much Republican as his opponent.
I'm convinced he won on social issues. Romney couldn't get the economic issues across well enough.

I'm amazed at the people I talk to who are unconcerned with our debt and spending, I wonder how many are even aware or are paying attention. When free birth control is a bigger issue then 16 trillion dollar debt you have to wonder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

527 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 599,050
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Dalit Trolls Biffers 114,982
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min Naveen kumar 4,552
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 532,457
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 224,041
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 11 min Jennette 161
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min USA-1 37,605
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Stilgar Fifrawi 720,282
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 256,402
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 17 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••