Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't even try to explain it to you, because you wouldn't understand.
Fortunately, you're just one more in the out-of-touch right-wing minority in our country.
That's just pathetic. You really have some superiority complex don't you? It's why you are a liberal. You're convinced you are a do-gooder. Well you're not, you are a man with a guilty conscience.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, which way to go first?
Worldly? I sure don't recall "portray"ing myself as worldly. If I've "portray"ed myself in any way it's been as a working class family man from a long line of working-class families. But worldly? Now that's fun-ny.
As for the "big city" - first, I have no idea what's supposed to be gleaned about some difference whether one lives in a city in America or in the country, in America. But apparently you "city folk" see something superior about living in a city. >shrug<
But what's funny is your broad assumptions about people based in your own self-penned script after "meeting" people in an anonymous social forum. I think this has very often lead you to misconceptions. Then when somebody doesn't adhere to your script, you get confused and huffy. Not a slam just a comment.
Case in point - I was born and raised in what was then the 2nd-largest city in IL. Ours was a working-class neighborhood. We played, fought, and went to school with diverse people. We even reached out to a few white folks, just to show how progressive we were. I've lived from the projects to the suburbs. For some in here, minorities are some monolithic group referred to as "the ones I know". For others of us, minorities are among our family, friends, and neighbors. Even after moving out of town, we've never been more than an hour away. We still have our family and friends there, and a good portion of our business. We go to Chicago as often as we can too, to see old friends, like Bill Ayers and such.
So, yeah, I've lived in the city, the burbs, and now my address happens to be rural. See what I mean about assumptions?
<quoted text>
Well, here again, I think you're misapprehending my thoughts. Yes, you recall me being proud of the fact that this nation jumped that hurdle. That was election night '08. Many agreed, from both sides of the aisle. Beyond that night, you won't find a post of mine that references his heritage for it's own sake. The election of a black president was an historical milestone, while the President is just a man, who happens to be black. As a friend says, "It ain't no thang."
<quoted text>
This might be valid if it weren't for the many minority elected officials of conservative bent. Kinda blows the air right outta the tires.
<quoted text>I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm sure you've found something. I believe you seine the ether for the most negative isolated instances you can find, then stand in front of your window shaking your fist and quailing, "See? What did I tell ya? They're all just like that!"
If we set out to confirm a pre-conception, we're sure to find it, by hook or by crook.
You're overly long response convinces me I'm right. You really have to talk yourself into it don't you, that somehow you and your liberal colleagues take the high road. If it werent so pitiful it'd be funny. I asked you to be honest. Why do you tolerate for instance Biden. he was on that ticket and you are obviously okay with all the racist things he's said.
I don't quail and I sure don't shake my fists. I'm just amazed at your hypocricy.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, your pre-election predictions didn't lose me any money, but that might be more about how I arranged my wagers. But I was thinking. It'd sure be nice to hear people talking about working within our tried and true system to move the nation forward rather than m-o-o-ore hyper-ventilating focus on naming the President's moles. I got a strong impression that that was big part of last Tuesday's Memo from the Nation (ka "Da Boss"), saying, "There, now, we fired the rabble-rousers. Now quit the sh*t and git to work."

You guys need to decide if you want the party just to make your faction feel good, or if you want back in the game. I'm telling ya, people are sick of the dirt. Do a quick study on how backlashes work. You're due...
<2nd attempt>
"Pre-election predictions"...whoooee yessir ya got me there! Good one.

But regarding the rest of your msg, I was never much to conform to SOP. Didn't drink alcohol when it was the cool thing to do. Started smokin' pot 5 years after everyone else. Skated thru HS instead of getting an education. You know some of my HS pals had jobs after school, and some were eventually able to buy their own homes?

My strongest ambition back then was figuring out some way to get a gal's pants off, without the police being involved. But I joined a top-40 band a few years later and it all worked out.

So you can see that I really don't care if the Obama voters are sick of the "dirt", sick of hearing about the "moles", sick of hearing about how badly Obama is ruining our country.

Not that it has much bearing, but I was sick of the nearly EIGHT YEARS of Bush-bashing in here and across the globe, and some of it even continues to this day.

So I'll GLADLY be highlighting each & every blunder that Obama trips over, as long as I'm not in a coma and still able to work this here dadblasted desktop contraption.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Now I'm really confused. So, you're saying Romney's a monkey, and you're upset with us for not voting for the monkey?!?
In a typical roundabout fashion, yes. You know I've been saying ever since last tuesday, a monkey should have easily defeated Obama.

Even if you scroll past most of my msgs, you were bound to spot
one such occasion.

Confusion? Naaaah, I don't think so.
BlackHeart

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as those "millionaires" making $200,000/year in San Francisco.
200K a year in San Francisco? Hell, that's almost enough to pay rent on a two bedroom apartment there. You'd have to get another job, if you want to eat, that is.
BlackHeart

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

What I thought was funny? In the run-up to the election, obama was talking about his PLAN to get america back on its feet.
What plan? And when did he come up with it? More, Why didn't he tell us about it? He kept Saying he had a plan, but never gave any details of it.
Well, could be he was using the french prison term for 'plan'. A 'plan' there is a small metalic vial that screws together, with a hollow center. It's used to smuggle cash, and other small valuables into or out of prison. How? Well, you stuff your valuables into the 'plan' screw it together, and shove it up beside bush's or in this case, obama's head.
Don't get it? BB will explain it to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

BlackHeart wrote:
What I thought was funny? In the run-up to the election, obama was talking about his PLAN to get america back on its feet.
What plan? And when did he come up with it? More, Why didn't he tell us about it? He kept Saying he had a plan, but never gave any details of it.
Well, could be he was using the french prison term for 'plan'. A 'plan' there is a small metalic vial that screws together, with a hollow center. It's used to smuggle cash, and other small valuables into or out of prison. How? Well, you stuff your valuables into the 'plan' screw it together, and shove it up beside bush's or in this case, obama's head.
Don't get it? BB will explain it to you.
Sounds painful!

Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
OR Obama's incompetent, the MSM buried the stories until AFTER the election, and Romney ran a conservative campaign after winning the the 1st debate. The MSM admitted after Romney failed to challenge
Obama on Benghazi in the 3rd debate, "if Romney's not gonna bring it up, why should we"?
As for the congressional seats, pay attention. I'm not a political junkie, only a street urchin. I'll leave the ins and outs of CSpan I and II to those who're more interested.
Benghazi was doing Romney more harm among independents than he was gaining off of has adoring base by discussing it. For the most part, his adoring base stayed in a bubble unable to see things objectively which led to their shock and dismay the morning after.

They did Romney a favor not talking about the drone being shot at. All that would have done is remind independents and the military already weary from war how anxious Romney was to go after Iran.

The bubble is kind of like you just ignoring the fact that the Republicans lost seats in the Senate and the House. It allows you to just focus on one Presidential election where you can't see what it is really about.

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your mediamatter's fantasy, but Bush 43 received a greater percentage of the popular vote when he ran for his second term than obama did. "W" only received about 200 thousand less votes than barry... even though the U.S. population had increased by about 25 million since 2004. And... both of them did far better than our sexual predator president, Bill Clinton.
If anyone is lowering the presidential bar, it's Democrats like Clinton and obama. Don't let the facts confuse you, just keep spewing your usual tripe.
You are absolutely correct about bush and Clinton concerning their 2nd term election. Perhaps you have an explanation of why even though Bill was impeached, he was then and remains miles ahead of bush on a "mission accomplished" basis in the minds of Americans.

You could also explain why even though bush was one of the most popular Presidents of all time during his second election by the end of his second term he was one of the most unpopular Presidents of all time.

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Roberta meant that obama qualified as a pRsident, as barry has shown most of us that he doesn't... but he might qualify as a snake, if snakes don't have standards.
I assume that when you say "most of us" you are referring to those on this thread. The election showed that "most of them" thought Obama suitably qualified, particularly in light of the choices.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're overly long response convinces me I'm right. You really have to talk yourself into it don't you, that somehow you and your liberal colleagues take the high road. If it werent so pitiful it'd be funny. I asked you to be honest. Why do you tolerate for instance Biden. he was on that ticket and you are obviously okay with all the racist things he's said.
I don't quail and I sure don't shake my fists. I'm just amazed at your hypocricy.
Heheheh......hey do you have to grease up before a performance, or are you just naturally oily?

lisw, every time we have an exchange - every time - it always end with you doing some shuck & jive, and feigning being "Shocked! Shocked, I tell you!" at some outrage of your own construct.

You offered your typically broad and erroneous personal assumptions, you were shown to be wrong yet again, and you respond by tossing even more crap. Transparent and pitiful.

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I sent my Senator and Congressman to do... hold the line on taxes, and cut spending instead. If they vote to raise taxes on the "makers", I'd consider that screwing us, and the USA.
obama has absolutely no clue as to what it takes to create jobs, as his past four years has shown... and it's for sure that penalizing those that are creating jobs won't do it.
Meeting with the big union's leaders won't do it, nor will meeting with big business... if many of them need to create new jobs, they do it overseas.
obama needs to meet with SMALL business owners, not unions and big businesses, they're the ones that create most of the jobs IN THE USA... but that group isn't getting a meeting with barry.
It's going to be a long four years for America.
Small business leaders also know more about laying off workers and failing. Do you have a point? No, of course not.

Obama probably knows more, or is at least interested more, in creating jobs than most of the Republican leadership in Congress.

In 1938 the top tax rate was increased significantly to a really punishing amount and it stayed in that area until about 1961 When President Kennedy reduced it to 70%. How much did the US economy grow between 1939 and 1962?

Reagan cut taxes, Clinton increased taxes, bush the son cut taxes.

Of the three, which had the largest job growth?

I was not quite honest on Reagan, he also had the largest tax increase in history. Practically doubled the SS and Medicare taxes on the self-employed SMALL BUSINESS OWNER. He also increased Capital Gains to 28%, almost double what it is today.

Of the two that were left above, which one had the second most jobs created?

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>" “If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”-John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
Obama is no Kennedy, who would have viewed both the Patriot Act and the NDAA as anathema and abhorrent. JMO
Obama had no need to be Kennedy. Kennedy had to run against real Republicans who were conservative, not like todays Republicans at all.

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>That's just pathetic. You really have some superiority complex don't you? It's why you are a liberal. You're convinced you are a do-gooder. Well you're not, you are a man with a guilty conscience.
No, it is because he has seen DS's posts. A man who blames 100% of all of our "ills" on the scourge of "liberalism."

If any on the left blamed all the ills of society on "conservatism" we would sound ridiculous even to ourselves.

DS sounds completely natural and honest saying what he does, even to you. So, how would someone in that mental state understand someone else being proud of being liberal? How would you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Heheheh......hey do you have to grease up before a performance, or are you just naturally oily?
lisw, every time we have an exchange - every time - it always end with you doing some shuck & jive, and feigning being "Shocked! Shocked, I tell you!" at some outrage of your own construct.
You offered your typically broad and erroneous personal assumptions, you were shown to be wrong yet again, and you respond by tossing even more crap. Transparent and pitiful.
Not at all m'dear. You are a typical liberal and it is typical liberals that amaze me. Not outrage, amaze. Perhaps I'm not clear, I know I speak too plainly, but I am asking you where are your morals. Why are you so wonderfully unbigoted yet I have never heard you say anything about the bigoted things liberals say. I never hear you criticize those who have metaphorically lynched people like Condaleeza Rice, Mia (her last name escapes me) Herman Cain etc. Im asking why you never said anything when Sarah Palin was called the C word and so was Michelle Bachman, Michelle Malkin and sometimes right on this thread. Your marvelous lack of bigotry only goes one way...to the left. I think you know that I never have said a word about race making any difference, but I do know racism when I see it and it is rampant on the left and your silence and even your participation at times in spearing women, speaks quite loudly. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the left and their self righteous claim to caring. They don't care. Lyndon Johnson didn't care and Barack Obama doesn't care. They are cut from the same cloth and held people down for their own aggrandisement.
Now a series of lies and coverups are being ignored by your side. I asked once who you want to be, the person that believes Obama is so out of the loop that he had no idea off what happened in Benghazi, now with Petreaus or do you want to believe he lied. Either way you are supporting wrong for the sake of liberalism. Well good luck with that.
Now this is a long post,what I criticize you for. Sorry. But if you think what I say has no merit why are you defending yourself so vehemently?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

I do wish Romney had been elected, he is a good man but he is also a capable man. Hip asked what it was about him and answered and then later he said noone chose to answer. Typical, So'm going to repeat it (paraphrasing) I first paid attention to Romney when he was on a Des moines radio station when he ran in the primary in 2004. He was respectflly confrontive with Jan Mikelson, when questions came to him abut being Mormon. He was like he was in the first debate. I admired that he defended his right to separate his religion from the race. he should have. It wa obvious in this campaign that he knew exactly how to come into a failing company and turn things around. That's what this country needed.
And I'm going to say something that noone is saying. Something is screwy. I along with others really thought Romney would win. Polls looked good and the party was motivated. Liberal papers were endorsing him all over the country. I think the results were false. Obama might have won anyway but no way did he win by that much without some tweeking. Why was the military vote so low. Why were there counties all over Ohio with not ONE vote for Romney? There is nothing wrong with the Republican party and there sure was alot right with Romney.
No Obama being president doesn't really effect me. But it sure will effect my kids and my grandchild. I just hope the next president can undo some of this total bungling and neglect.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for my delay to reply, I was busy out of town.
1a) You seem so sure that Roe v. Wade will not be overturned and abortion rights will be protected, with a Republican administration's Supreme Court appointments.

1b) The problem is, you were also certain Rommney/Ryan would win the election. You weren't just confident, you were absolutely sure and just couldn't wait for the election. You can go back on the thread and revisit your premature group celebrations. And yet, you couldn't have been more wrong, could you? Obama trounced your guys in the electoral vote, and won every single one of the swing states (except North Carolina if you want to count it as such), including your own state.(And what an irony: After all the votes are counted, it may well be that Romney captured 47 percent of the vote. 47 percent, get it?) So you'll have to forgive me if I don't accept your certainty about abortion rights. As I see it, the Republican party has been kowtowing to the religious right, and I am confident we would end up with more Scalias, Thomases and Alitos.
2. OK. But you will continue to lose elections. Your best bet will be secession. You do have the Confederate states on your side. And on this note, I think it was Roberta who said she was leaving. Well she (or any of the rest of your group) can't go to Canada, they have healthcare there. Europe of course is out of the question. I suggest Somalia. It's a libertarian place, little central government; everybody has a gun; and it's a theocracy. OK, wrong god, but hey.)
3. Yeah, I know. Those who serve their country, or are receiving benefits after working hard all their life, etc. I'll pass on another joke on the 47 percent.
4. On gay marriage, this is where you are REALLY on the wrong side of history. Civil rights are civil rights, and the younger generations so see the issue. As do I.

5) Bottom line, you can try to bash Obama all you want, blame him for everything (Bush's economic disaster even), but you can't turn a blind eye to reality. Obama was reelected, and in a landslide.
With this, I'll return to the other threads. I'd like to see you there, where you and I see things more eye to eye. Please forgive my schadenfreude.
1) If Roe v Wade were ever in serious danger of being overturned, I visualize the women in this country unifying and launching an all out war on Washington.
1b) True and I'm unaccustomed to being wrong. Bear with me. Btw, not only did Florida disappoint but NH where my vote was cast went blue. It was a painful night for me. A double header. MA liberals have been moving into southern New Hampshire, buying their homes there and working in Boston. Yippee. Oh well. At least we can still make them put a LIVE FREE OR DIE tag on their cars.
2) I'm a Yankee. We whooped the confederates.
3) Someday I'll explain that 47% to you.
4) Sigh. I told you I don't care if they get married. I can't fight everybody's battles, Catcher.
5) I'm not turning a blind eye to reality. I'm also not going to fold. You want to turn me into a liberal and you have about as much hope for that as turning this Red Sox fan into a New York Yankee fan. It's not possible. lol- You did almost get me on the capital punishment thing. The jury is still out on that one.

"Schadenfreude" made me laugh. For a moment, I thought you were talking about your schwanstucker.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
I do wish Romney had been elected, he is a good man but he is also a capable man. Hip asked what it was about him and answered and then later he said noone chose to answer. Typical,
That's an overt lie. Typical.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all m'dear. You are a typical liberal and it is typical liberals that amaze me. Not outrage, amaze. Perhaps I'm not clear, I know I speak too plainly, but I am asking you where are your morals. Why are you so wonderfully unbigoted yet I have never heard you say anything about the bigoted things liberals say. I never hear you criticize those who have metaphorically lynched people like Condaleeza Rice, Mia (her last name escapes me) Herman Cain etc. Im asking why you never said anything when Sarah Palin was called the C word and so was Michelle Bachman, Michelle Malkin and sometimes right on this thread. Your marvelous lack of bigotry only goes one way...to the left. I think you know that I never have said a word about race making any difference, but I do know racism when I see it and it is rampant on the left and your silence and even your participation at times in spearing women, speaks quite loudly. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the left and their self righteous claim to caring. They don't care. Lyndon Johnson didn't care and Barack Obama doesn't care. They are cut from the same cloth and held people down for their own aggrandisement.
Now a series of lies and coverups are being ignored by your side. I asked once who you want to be, the person that believes Obama is so out of the loop that he had no idea off what happened in Benghazi, now with Petreaus or do you want to believe he lied. Either way you are supporting wrong for the sake of liberalism. Well good luck with that.
Now this is a long post,what I criticize you for. Sorry. But if you think what I say has no merit why are you defending yourself so vehemently?
There ya go. Feel better? As usual, you turn a topic into a personal referendum, and get to use your limited thesaurus of pejoratives. I am glad to help, for mine is a servant ministry.

I hope you have the best day ever today.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume that when you say "most of us" you are referring to those on this thread. The election showed that "most of them" thought Obama suitably qualified, particularly in light of the choices.
The election showed some of the people are in the mood to live in a oxymoronic society. A corralled, free-for all.

I'll just stay out here riding the range, thank you. I never was the type to join in on a mass bungee jump over a rock quarry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••