1) If Roe v Wade were ever in serious danger of being overturned, I visualize the women in this country unifying and launching an all out war on Washington.<quoted text>
Sorry for my delay to reply, I was busy out of town.
1a) You seem so sure that Roe v. Wade will not be overturned and abortion rights will be protected, with a Republican administration's Supreme Court appointments.
1b) The problem is, you were also certain Rommney/Ryan would win the election. You weren't just confident, you were absolutely sure and just couldn't wait for the election. You can go back on the thread and revisit your premature group celebrations. And yet, you couldn't have been more wrong, could you? Obama trounced your guys in the electoral vote, and won every single one of the swing states (except North Carolina if you want to count it as such), including your own state.(And what an irony: After all the votes are counted, it may well be that Romney captured 47 percent of the vote. 47 percent, get it?) So you'll have to forgive me if I don't accept your certainty about abortion rights. As I see it, the Republican party has been kowtowing to the religious right, and I am confident we would end up with more Scalias, Thomases and Alitos.
2. OK. But you will continue to lose elections. Your best bet will be secession. You do have the Confederate states on your side. And on this note, I think it was Roberta who said she was leaving. Well she (or any of the rest of your group) can't go to Canada, they have healthcare there. Europe of course is out of the question. I suggest Somalia. It's a libertarian place, little central government; everybody has a gun; and it's a theocracy. OK, wrong god, but hey.)
3. Yeah, I know. Those who serve their country, or are receiving benefits after working hard all their life, etc. I'll pass on another joke on the 47 percent.
4. On gay marriage, this is where you are REALLY on the wrong side of history. Civil rights are civil rights, and the younger generations so see the issue. As do I.
5) Bottom line, you can try to bash Obama all you want, blame him for everything (Bush's economic disaster even), but you can't turn a blind eye to reality. Obama was reelected, and in a landslide.
With this, I'll return to the other threads. I'd like to see you there, where you and I see things more eye to eye. Please forgive my schadenfreude.
1b) True and I'm unaccustomed to being wrong. Bear with me. Btw, not only did Florida disappoint but NH where my vote was cast went blue. It was a painful night for me. A double header. MA liberals have been moving into southern New Hampshire, buying their homes there and working in Boston. Yippee. Oh well. At least we can still make them put a LIVE FREE OR DIE tag on their cars.
2) I'm a Yankee. We whooped the confederates.
3) Someday I'll explain that 47% to you.
4) Sigh. I told you I don't care if they get married. I can't fight everybody's battles, Catcher.
5) I'm not turning a blind eye to reality. I'm also not going to fold. You want to turn me into a liberal and you have about as much hope for that as turning this Red Sox fan into a New York Yankee fan. It's not possible. lol- You did almost get me on the capital punishment thing. The jury is still out on that one.
"Schadenfreude" made me laugh. For a moment, I thought you were talking about your schwanstucker.