Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The bar for president has been lowered so much that it takes a snake to limbo under that thing.
I would say not only Pres but many elected postions. Look whats going on in New York and New Jesery. Just last night our local news had yet another power co. worker attacked in New York. This is life in America in 2012. Elected people that don't have a clue how to lead but they know how to rally a mob and blame. I predict more people of integrity will decide not to run and things will slide down more. Here is the story on what I speak:

Lakeland utility worker attacked on New York's Long Island

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/n...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
1) My party? I'm an independant and for the 2nd time, I'm pro choice. R v W will never be overturned. Abortion will always be legal in the US and though some states will have more restrictions than others primarily due to religious beliefs, it will always be available. I suggest you and yours don't move to those states. Don't blame me because there is a portion of your party who have been spooked into believing the right to an abortion won't be available in the US. Your party tends to get hysterical over this issue mainly because of the of the far religious right who will never get their way and 2) because the liberals have intentionally misled them into believing it will be overturned if a republican moderate gets into office. I fully grasp that some poeople don't want to pay for what they find abhorrent. They should absolutely have that right.
2) Excuse me for being annoyed that people come crawling through our borders like rats and uashamedly take advantage of what we have worked hard for. Maybe you could tell them to ring the bell like everyone else and we'd get somewhere on this issue.
3)Somewhere between 47% and 51% of people living here pay no federal income taxes. It BOTHERS me. Start there.
4) Let them get married in a state where it's been legalized. I really don't care but I'm sick of the whining and they are just another portion of the population who are miffed because some people don't "get it". Tell them some people some people will never get it and to develop some coping skills and a backbone. We can't always get what we want you know.
Sorry for my delay to reply, I was busy out of town.

1. You seem so sure that Roe v. Wade will not be overturned and abortion rights will be protected, with a Republican administration's Supreme Court appointments.

The problem is, you were also certain Rommney/Ryan would win the election. You weren't just confident, you were absolutely sure and just couldn't wait for the election. You can go back on the thread and revisit your premature group celebrations. And yet, you couldn't have been more wrong, could you? Obama trounced your guys in the electoral vote, and won every single one of the swing states (except North Carolina if you want to count it as such), including your own state.(And what an irony: After all the votes are counted, it may well be that Romney captured 47 percent of the vote. 47 percent, get it?) So you'll have to forgive me if I don't accept your certainty about abortion rights. As I see it, the Republican party has been kowtowing to the religious right, and I am confident we would end up with more Scalias, Thomases and Alitos.

2. OK. But you will continue to lose elections. Your best bet will be secession. You do have the Confederate states on your side. And on this note, I think it was Roberta who said she was leaving. Well she (or any of the rest of your group) can't go to Canada, they have healthcare there. Europe of course is out of the question. I suggest Somalia. It's a libertarian place, little central government; everybody has a gun; and it's a theocracy. OK, wrong god, but hey.)

3. Yeah, I know. Those who serve their country, or are receiving benefits after working hard all their life, etc. I'll pass on another joke on the 47 percent.

4. On gay marriage, this is where you are REALLY on the wrong side of history. Civil rights are civil rights, and the younger generations so see the issue. As do I.

Bottom line, you can try to bash Obama all you want, blame him for everything (Bush's economic disaster even), but you can't turn a blind eye to reality. Obama was reelected, and in a landslide.

With this, I'll return to the other threads. I'd like to see you there, where you and I see things more eye to eye. Please forgive my schadenfreude.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Since: Jul 12

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked a long time back, years in fact if libs ever get anything new? Pres Bush was just a man during some very hard times this nation saw. You speak for about half the nation with your hate of this man. I pity you, I really do Okb. Bash on and no doubt while Pres Bush has been gone since Jan 2009 people like you will still blame him for what Obama brings today.
First, I don't hate the man. He seems like a pretty nice guy. But I can talk policy and specifics on policy all you want. Something you are unable to do with Obama.

Second, take the response for what it was intended, someone wanted to make President Obama look bad who also served during some very hard times for this nation. Another difference, with the exception of Iraq, I don't blame bush at all for the hard times. And yet you can find all sorts of blame for Obama.

Now, was Obama awarded the Nobel prize because he deserved it or because he was not bush? If he deserved it I have yet to see anything he has done that would account for it. And if he did not deserve it, then I was correct about how bush was viewed.

Your choice.
Lost In Transition

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
With this, I'll return to the other threads. I'd like to see you there, where you and I see things more eye to eye. Please forgive my schadenfreude.
A lawyer that embraces schadenfreude.
Who would have ever guessed?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked a long time back, years in fact if libs ever get anything new? Pres Bush was just a man during some very hard times this nation saw. You speak for about half the nation with your hate of this man. I pity you, I really do Okb. Bash on and no doubt while Pres Bush has been gone since Jan 2009 people like you will still blame him for what Obama brings today.
One of the prerequisites for the weaker members of Obama's flock is that they must verbalize their displeasure of Bush at every opportunity. It's their common bond and the membership card to Club Obama. One must be ready at a moments notice to -----> blame Bush and if they "hate" him, that's even better.

They're groupies.

One on one, most of them are weenies or have anger managemnet issues or need crowd approval. The mob mentality gives them their voice and of course Obama himself blames Bush.
Now I ask you. How great is THAT!
lol-

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
His record sucks, HIP but he's a heck of a snakeoil salesman!
There.
60+ million Americans disagree. Not a one among them as enlightened as yourself of course, but it is what it is. I don't know what you're whining about, he's nearly as much Republican as his opponent.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the prerequisites for the weaker members of Obama's flock is that they must verbalize their displeasure of Bush at every opportunity. It's their common bond and the membership card to Club Obama. One must be ready at a moments notice to -----> blame Bush and if they "hate" him, that's even better.
They're groupies.
One on one, most of them are weenies or have anger managemnet issues or need crowd approval. The mob mentality gives them their voice and of course Obama himself blames Bush.
Now I ask you. How great is THAT!
lol-
Almost as good as watching frustrated sour grape eaters make dim-witted disparaging analyses in order to bolster their own weak self-image.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

KarlVIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney lost because he listened to extremist fringes in the republican party and President Obama ran a much better campaign he didn't LIE constantly and distort facts to persuade uneducated voters.(fox news viewers)
Romney was seen for what he is/was a complete failure as a politician.
You can give your impression of the electorate in this country but it just shows how incredibly out of touch you and your LOSER party is.
NOT exactly, Klyde.

Your king, and Romney had 2 separate visions for the future direction of the US. Obamy won because his already well-oiled machine convinced
voters that HIS vision was better'n Romney's. And THAT'S where misguided people like you and the rest of Obamy's enablers made a grave mistake (IMO).

I believe during his FINAL (thank God) term, your king will screw the US worse than any other person in history including Benedict Arnold. That's precisely why I want you, Catcher, and the others on a short leash, because I plan to yank on it each & every time your hero f*ucks us.

Then hopefully at least in the mid-term elections, Obamy will be nothing more than a horrific nightmare.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Several keep saying that no one has risen to the challenge of offering just what the president has done to deserve re-election. At numerous junctures pre-election, more than one poster has offered a listing of their own rationales for their vote. It availeth nothing - before long we see yet again another claiming that "no one will say what he's DONE". So, ok, we get it. They don't want to know. They must maintain their bitterness at all costs. It is like a child for them to nurture and pet like Gollum's "precious". They deeply distrust the democratic system. They have nothing but disdain for the majority of their fellow Americans. Misinformation and smear are as mother's milk. Ignorance is their chosen game, fear is their electoral ace in the hole, and division their stake. They are just self-aware enough to be sure to pre-emptively accuse everyone else of their own glaring deficiencies, since the best defense is a good offense.

Can't imagine why true Independents and Undecideds didn't want to be part of that again.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
President bush, the only President to thought of so lowly that his successor was awarded the Nobel Prize simply for not being bush.
You were right about the bar being lowered.
Consistently avoiding proof-reading, Chatty Cathy, especially on short msgs, leads me to believe that you are not only LAZY, but are lacking the basic skills in remedial communication.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
Several keep saying that no one has risen to the challenge of offering just what the president has done to deserve re-election. At numerous junctures pre-election, more than one poster has offered a listing of their own rationales for their vote. It availeth nothing - before long we see yet again another claiming that "no one will say what he's DONE". So, ok, we get it. They don't want to know. They must maintain their bitterness at all costs. It is like a child for them to nurture and pet like Gollum's "precious". They deeply distrust the democratic system. They have nothing but disdain for the majority of their fellow Americans. Misinformation and smear are as mother's milk. Ignorance is their chosen game, fear is their electoral ace in the hole, and division their stake. They are just self-aware enough to be sure to pre-emptively accuse everyone else of their own glaring deficiencies, since the best defense is a good offense.
Can't imagine why true Independents and Undecideds didn't want to be part of that again.
Smears like Romney casing a mans wife to die of cancer? Misinformation and smears is why Obama is going to be Pres for another term. Enjoy it Hip. You are everything I have ever seen you moan about. It would be nice if the day ever came you and most on the left stood for what you claimed. It won't happen. Carry on.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT exactly, Klyde.
Your king, and Romney had 2 separate visions for the future direction of the US. Obamy won because his already well-oiled machine convinced
voters that HIS vision was better'n Romney's. And THAT'S where misguided people like you and the rest of Obamy's enablers made a grave mistake (IMO).
I believe during his FINAL (thank God) term, your king will screw the US worse than any other person in history including Benedict Arnold. That's precisely why I want you, Catcher, and the others on a short leash, because I plan to yank on it each & every time your hero f*ucks us.
Then hopefully at least in the mid-term elections, Obamy will be nothing more than a horrific nightmare.
Why do I think of Charlie Sheen meltdown when Karl posts? I can't say how thankful I am not to get about anything the left has to offer. They bash the right for mean what you say and say what you mean and then praise it when O says it. Just empty words and no doubt in my mind no matter how many times they think they are "winning" they are the most vile hate filled people I hear.

“The future begins”

every moment

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT exactly, Klyde.
Please elaborate for us Romney's vision. That would be more than he shared through two years of running for the office. Any aspect we could mention could be countermanded by another speech he'd give in another room, sometimes in the same day. He had no vision except to be President. His VP pick had more courage in stating his views than he. I expect we'll hear Ryan's name again.

D'ya think that Etch-A-Sketch character >might< have gone into a few people's decision? Obama is a known, and at best is a centrist. Romney remains an unknown.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, you were also certain Rommney/Ryan would win the election. You weren't just confident, you were absolutely sure and just couldn't wait for the election. You can go back on the thread and revisit your premature group celebrations. And yet, you couldn't have been more wrong, could you? Obama trounced your guys in the electoral vote, and won every single one of the swing states (except North Carolina if you want to count it as such), including your own state.(And what an irony: After all the votes are counted, it may well be that Romney captured 47 percent of the vote. 47 percent, get it?) So you'll have to forgive me if I don't accept your certainty about abortion rights. As I see it, the Republican party has been kowtowing to the religious right, and I am confident we would end up with more Scalias, Thomases and Alitos.

4. On gay marriage, this is where you are REALLY on the wrong side of history. Civil rights are civil rights, and the younger generations so see the issue. As do I.

Bottom line, you can try to bash Obama all you want, blame him for everything (Bush's economic disaster even), but you can't turn a blind eye to reality. Obama was reelected, and in a landslide.

Yes the people in here were highly confident your reedemer would go down in flames. He damn sure wouldn't dare to campaign on his miserable record. And that's exactly why most of us thought a MONKEY would've sent Barry back to Chicago where he belongs. It's called a SHOCKER! Perhaps you're familiar with the term.

Obama doesn't care ONE WHIT about gay marriage, women's reproductive, or any other rights, or immigration reform. He was just able to SELL it better this time.

Obamy won by 2.5 million votes. Wide margin, yes. LANDSLIDE? Hardly.

And why is it so important for you to wanna drag Lyndi back to another thread, just so you can feel better about yourself over your misguided rationale for reelecting this JACKA$$? IIRC, she's already told you she's not interested.

I have a better idea. Why don't YOU ditch the other thread(s) and hang around in here? Lord knows us common Romney backers can learn from YOUR genius. Think of it as FREE counselling. Besides I'm gonna want you nearby when it comes time to "feed" you the bad news on your voting choice.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
A true Republican response if there ever was one.
Idology had NOTHING to do with it, Cathy.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

correction:

s/h/b ideology
yep just plain lazy.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
A lawyer that embraces schadenfreude.
Who would have ever guessed?
We all sometimes have the feeling.

It's a very human emotion, schadenfreude.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the people in here were highly confident your reedemer would go down in flames. He damn sure wouldn't dare to campaign on his miserable record. And that's exactly why most of us thought a MONKEY would've sent Barry back to Chicago where he belongs. It's called a SHOCKER! Perhaps you're familiar with the term.
Obama doesn't care ONE WHIT about gay marriage, women's reproductive, or any other rights, or immigration reform. He was just able to SELL it better this time.
Obamy won by 2.5 million votes. Wide margin, yes. LANDSLIDE? Hardly.
And why is it so important for you to wanna drag Lyndi back to another thread, just so you can feel better about yourself over your misguided rationale for reelecting this JACKA$$? IIRC, she's already told you she's not interested.
I have a better idea. Why don't YOU ditch the other thread(s) and hang around in here? Lord knows us common Romney backers can learn from YOUR genius. Think of it as FREE counselling. Besides I'm gonna want you nearby when it comes time to "feed" you the bad news on your voting choice.
Your redeemer.
A MONKEY.
Obamy.
This JACKASS.

Transparent much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

366 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 4,607
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min religionisillness 224,103
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 34 min sonu 399
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 41 min Petesayke KI 115,025
Last Word + 2 41 min Rosie 57
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 57 min normal Aussie 37,608
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 256,451
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr gort 720,647
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Mi Lin 532,626
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••