Since: Jul 12

Chester, VA

#154299 Nov 13, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Okb thinks he's soooo important. He thinks we're all hanging on his words waiting for his next post. Problem is you just have to wait a sec for his next post. Pffft!
How are you BH nice to see you in here again.
A true Republican response if there ever was one.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154300 Nov 13, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Karl? I've suspected you don't pay attention to who you're talking to, you just seem to enjoy listening to your keyboard clatter.
Anyway....Uh, yeah, all that.
I don't in the least expect those in this forum to agree. Those here largely represent the loyal unreachable fringe of the party, protestations of "Independent" notwithstanding. "By thy works shall ye be known," and all that. What I said was that maybe the RNC and moderates in general are starting to see the light. The vocal fringe at both ends have marginalized and nearly extinguished the centrists. Case in point - for your own purposes you cast me as a long-time liberal, without even knowing who the heck I am. Hey, it works for you, that's all that counts, right? Self-Absorbed, table for one.
Perhaps now will be the beginning of the resurgence of the center, and a pull back to the left of the extreme right they have been ever since the rise of conservative media entertainment. We can only hope...
Karl? Hip? Same difference, as I said you're slightly more refined but I've seen you do a Karl many times. If you don't know who you are you sound almost exactly the same and Lyndi makes some brilliant points. Nice deflection.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154301 Nov 13, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Karl? I've suspected you don't pay attention to who you're talking to, you just seem to enjoy listening to your keyboard clatter.
Anyway....Uh, yeah, all that.
I don't in the least expect those in this forum to agree. Those here largely represent the loyal unreachable fringe of the party, protestations of "Independent" notwithstanding. "By thy works shall ye be known," and all that. What I said was that maybe the RNC and moderates in general are starting to see the light. The vocal fringe at both ends have marginalized and nearly extinguished the centrists. Case in point - for your own purposes you cast me as a long-time liberal, without even knowing who the heck I am. Hey, it works for you, that's all that counts, right? Self-Absorbed, table for one.
Perhaps now will be the beginning of the resurgence of the center, and a pull back to the left of the extreme right they have been ever since the rise of conservative media entertainment. We can only hope...
His record sucks, HIP but he's a heck of a snakeoil salesman!

There.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#154302 Nov 13, 2012
So from the life in the Usa 2012 files a local powerline man was up north helping to get the lights back on and was attacked. I've been in two big hurricanes where it takes weeks to get power back on but never seen so many workers targeted. Shame on everyone in gov. that has no clue how to lead just blame.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154303 Nov 13, 2012
KarlVIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you reply to ME. I didn't ask for your biased bag0schit
Romney lost because he listened to extremist fringes in the republican party and President Obama ran a much better campaign he didn't LIE constantly and distort facts to persuade uneducated voters.(fox news viewers)
Romney was seen for what he is/was a complete failure as a politician.
You can give your impression of the electorate in this country but it just shows how incredibly out of touch you and your LOSER party is.
Remember YOU LOST for good reason....YOU and your policies SUCK!!!!!
Here you go Karl. You can have your own copy.
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't flatter yourself. Obama didn't get the hypocrisy vote. He got the adulation vote. He got the "me" vote. He got the emtitlement vote. He got the "tingle up the leg" vote. He got the "revenge" vote. He got the "we're still pi$$ed about Bush", vote. He got the cool guy vote, "jobs be damned, deficit be damned," Benghazi......"huh?" He got the "I hate the rich people" vote. He got the easily swayed sector vote who bless their hearts still believe democrats care about them and republicans don't. Ask them why they are still on the lower rungs of the ladder election after election, decade after decade, can't keep up academically, can barely self sustain and watch them go blank. But kudos to you for screwing them all these years with promises of a better life and the "we care" motto. That's worked, they're doing greeeeeeeeeeeat!
When exactly will THEIR success kick in on your liberal ideology? Last I knew, 70%- 75% of African American women are still having children out of wedlock, and will always struggle and yet the beat goes on and they always vote democrat. Last I knew, homicide was the 2nd leading cause of death among pregnant women. When will that change? Last I knew 3 million more women are now in poverty than in 2008. Want the food stamp numbers?
His record sucks, Karl but he's a heck of a snakeoil salesman!
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#154304 Nov 13, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
There.
Bingo. When I sold cars it was with a co. that paid a unit base not tied to the price of the car. A guy was on the floor for about 6 months but ended up leaving becasue he couldn't screw people like at other dealers. He once braged about a deal he did where some old man paid $10,000 over cost and he got the check. Now that was some years back before info was on the web. In that job I learned that some people want to be lied to. Try this: Ask somebody what they think the worth of their car is? Its not much but many dealers will inflate it and hide that in a deal tied to a new car. A good part of America wants to be lied to. Free free free stuff! And when the system craps out it will be ugly!

Chester, VA

#154305 Nov 13, 2012
The herd mentality is on display in aisle three.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#154306 Nov 13, 2012
okb2 wrote:
The herd mentality is on display in aisle three.
So thats where the obama nuts are? Thanks, skip aisle three.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#154307 Nov 13, 2012
KarlVIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember YOU LOST for good reason....YOU and your policies SUCK!!!!!
Eventually, Karl you're going to have to stop telling us Obama has WON and point out what he's DONE. I'm tapping my fingers 4 years later waiting for this unifying <cough> leadership genius to actually produce something besides photo ops, an enlarged welfare state, a deficit on the brink of expolding and a fiscal calamity.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#154308 Nov 13, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually, Karl you're going to have to stop telling us Obama has WON and point out what he's DONE. I'm tapping my fingers 4 years later waiting for this unifying <cough> leadership genius to actually produce something besides photo ops, an enlarged welfare state, a deficit on the brink of expolding and a fiscal calamity.
It would not shock me to see people invoke Bush in 2016. I really hope four years from now things are better and free health care doesn't hurt like I think it will.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#154309 Nov 13, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
There.
The bar for president has been lowered so much that it takes a snake to limbo under that thing.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#154310 Nov 13, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The bar for president has been lowered so much that it takes a snake to limbo under that thing.
Obama qualifies.

Chester, VA

#154311 Nov 13, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>The bar for president has been lowered so much that it takes a snake to limbo under that thing.
President bush, the only President to thought of so lowly that his successor was awarded the Nobel Prize simply for not being bush.

You were right about the bar being lowered.

Chester, VA

#154312 Nov 13, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama qualifies.
The legacy of the bush Presidency is that Obama was well qualified to be President.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#154314 Nov 13, 2012
whodidit wrote:
Bush is a hero..... yeah right and popeye is a punk LOL
If you miss Bush I would suggest getting your sights ajusted
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#154315 Nov 13, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
President bush, the only President to thought of so lowly that his successor was awarded the Nobel Prize simply for not being bush.
You were right about the bar being lowered.
I asked a long time back, years in fact if libs ever get anything new? Pres Bush was just a man during some very hard times this nation saw. You speak for about half the nation with your hate of this man. I pity you, I really do Okb. Bash on and no doubt while Pres Bush has been gone since Jan 2009 people like you will still blame him for what Obama brings today.
Chris Clearwater

Largo, FL

#154316 Nov 13, 2012
lisw wrote:
I would say not only Pres but many elected postions. Look whats going on in New York and New Jesery. Just last night our local news had yet another power co. worker attacked in New York. This is life in America in 2012. Elected people that don't have a clue how to lead but they know how to rally a mob and blame. I predict more people of integrity will decide not to run and things will slide down more. Here is the story on what I speak:

Lakeland utility worker attacked on New York's Long Island

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/n...

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#154317 Nov 13, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
1) My party? I'm an independant and for the 2nd time, I'm pro choice. R v W will never be overturned. Abortion will always be legal in the US and though some states will have more restrictions than others primarily due to religious beliefs, it will always be available. I suggest you and yours don't move to those states. Don't blame me because there is a portion of your party who have been spooked into believing the right to an abortion won't be available in the US. Your party tends to get hysterical over this issue mainly because of the of the far religious right who will never get their way and 2) because the liberals have intentionally misled them into believing it will be overturned if a republican moderate gets into office. I fully grasp that some poeople don't want to pay for what they find abhorrent. They should absolutely have that right.
2) Excuse me for being annoyed that people come crawling through our borders like rats and uashamedly take advantage of what we have worked hard for. Maybe you could tell them to ring the bell like everyone else and we'd get somewhere on this issue.
3)Somewhere between 47% and 51% of people living here pay no federal income taxes. It BOTHERS me. Start there.
4) Let them get married in a state where it's been legalized. I really don't care but I'm sick of the whining and they are just another portion of the population who are miffed because some people don't "get it". Tell them some people some people will never get it and to develop some coping skills and a backbone. We can't always get what we want you know.
Sorry for my delay to reply, I was busy out of town.

1. You seem so sure that Roe v. Wade will not be overturned and abortion rights will be protected, with a Republican administration's Supreme Court appointments.

The problem is, you were also certain Rommney/Ryan would win the election. You weren't just confident, you were absolutely sure and just couldn't wait for the election. You can go back on the thread and revisit your premature group celebrations. And yet, you couldn't have been more wrong, could you? Obama trounced your guys in the electoral vote, and won every single one of the swing states (except North Carolina if you want to count it as such), including your own state.(And what an irony: After all the votes are counted, it may well be that Romney captured 47 percent of the vote. 47 percent, get it?) So you'll have to forgive me if I don't accept your certainty about abortion rights. As I see it, the Republican party has been kowtowing to the religious right, and I am confident we would end up with more Scalias, Thomases and Alitos.

2. OK. But you will continue to lose elections. Your best bet will be secession. You do have the Confederate states on your side. And on this note, I think it was Roberta who said she was leaving. Well she (or any of the rest of your group) can't go to Canada, they have healthcare there. Europe of course is out of the question. I suggest Somalia. It's a libertarian place, little central government; everybody has a gun; and it's a theocracy. OK, wrong god, but hey.)

3. Yeah, I know. Those who serve their country, or are receiving benefits after working hard all their life, etc. I'll pass on another joke on the 47 percent.

4. On gay marriage, this is where you are REALLY on the wrong side of history. Civil rights are civil rights, and the younger generations so see the issue. As do I.

Bottom line, you can try to bash Obama all you want, blame him for everything (Bush's economic disaster even), but you can't turn a blind eye to reality. Obama was reelected, and in a landslide.

With this, I'll return to the other threads. I'd like to see you there, where you and I see things more eye to eye. Please forgive my schadenfreude.
rider

Marquette, MI

#154318 Nov 13, 2012
rider

Marquette, MI

#154319 Nov 13, 2012
&pl aynext=1&list=PL48C9A89A48 1B3FE3&feature=results_mai n

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 37 min Love Massage 872
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 43 min mike 50
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 46 min Blk Thndr 42 601,132
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,488
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 2,416
The Maze Runner 1 hr andet1987 1
Last Word + 2 1 hr andet1987 730
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 542,873
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 259,620