Bush is a hero

karlVII

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#151097 Oct 10, 2012
The Mother Glen Doherty one of the American's killed in Libya asks Romney to stop using her son in his ‘political agenda’

Former Navy SEAL, Glen Doherty's mother, Barbara Doherty, told Boston, Ohio television station WHDH that she DOESN'T TRUST ROMNEY and called on Romney to stop making her son’s death, in her words,“part of his political agenda.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/ ...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#151098 Oct 10, 2012
karlVII wrote:
The Mother Glen Doherty one of the American's killed in Libya asks Romney to stop using her son in his ‘political agenda’
Former Navy SEAL, Glen Doherty's mother, Barbara Doherty, told Boston, Ohio television station WHDH that she DOESN'T TRUST ROMNEY and called on Romney to stop making her son’s death, in her words,“part of his political agenda.”
OLD news, ya boring freakin' troll. Romney did the right thing immediately by honoring her request.

The Obama campaign OTOH, regarding using Sesame St, etc., in some ads, was asked to pull the ads. Their answer was "we will take it under advisement."

Obama is DONE, kurly. After the diplomat murder-8 day cover up in Benghazi by the Obama Administration, gets enough air time, yer savior will be lucky to escape back to Chicago without being impeached, and Hilary Clinton might well be FIRED.

Put that on yer Webers and smoke it.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#151099 Oct 10, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
BB, why don't you do a review of bush's popularity rating through out his eight years. He was around 55% until 9-11 when he went over 85%. Then he started trending downward but remained over 50% as late as 2005. So in his first four years he ranged between 45% and 88% with the vast majority of that time over 50%.
When you start talking about all eight years, you are wrong. Obama has been punished by the Republicans more in 4 years than bush was in 8. In fact, in bush's first 4 years he had bi-partisan support on NCLBA, DHS, Patriot Act, Pharmacy Benefit Package, GITMO, and many other key pieces of legistlation.
Now what was it the Republicans supported in Obama's first 4 years again?
obama's tax cuts.

karlVII

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#151100 Oct 10, 2012
I have found a very interesting poll that is the most accurate not a phone poll made by some snot nosed college drop-out or machine their methodology is very impressive check it out

As everyone knows the popular vote means nothing the electoral college is what counts.

http://www.predictwise.com/maps/2012president

Location hidden

#151101 Oct 10, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go one further, out of the 6 or so reasons for the invasion of Iraq, when not one proved correct it cost him his popularity.
?????

Location hidden

#151102 Oct 10, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets take those 12,000,000 jobs Romney plans to create. If they are not created by his tax restructuring so the deficit goes up instead of down without cutting other things, is he planning to undo his tax screw up?
If business don't come off that $3 Tril because there are no customers at the stores, is Romney going to undo his tax screw up?
You can count them all you want. If they don't materialize I want you to support undoing his screwup.
Unlike obama, I don't make things up about Romney's goals. Also, unlike obama, I believe Romney believes in succeeding, not in blaming the past for his failures.

You seem to favor the obama mindset of failure.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#151103 Oct 10, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you start talking about all eight years, you are wrong. Obama has been punished by the Republicans more in 4 years than bush was in 8. In fact, in bush's first 4 years he had bi-partisan support on NCLBA, DHS, Patriot Act, Pharmacy Benefit Package, GITMO, and many other key pieces of legistlation.
Duh...On 9/11, we were attacked on Bush's watch. Any bi-partisan support he may have had was purely sympathetic. Who would not favor No Child Left Behind? Or DHS, after an horrific strike?

However Bush was up against heavy oposition to the Patriot Act, and Guantanamo Bay. Big Pharm lobbyists accomplished what they wanted.
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what was it the Republicans supported in Obama's first 4 years again?
Kinda hard to support Obama and his backward, wrong direction, rookie domestic policies unless yer out to committ political suicide.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#151104 Oct 10, 2012
karlVII wrote:
When are you going to address the cover-up? When are you going to touch on who knew what and when and what exactly is going down now with this administration in these hearings? Why all the lies coming out of the WH Karl?

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#151105 Oct 10, 2012
karlVII wrote:
I have found a very interesting poll that is the most accurate not a phone poll made by some snot nosed college drop-out or machine their methodology is very impressive check it out
As everyone knows the popular vote means nothing the electoral college is what counts.
http://www.predictwise.com/maps/2012president
Seems each week you find another "interesting" poll, Krava.

Doesn't matter tho, yer savior is DONE! If you start now, you might be able to find a doctor to script you some anti-depressants for use after Mitt sweeps the Obamas out.
Nothing New

Aurora, CO

#151106 Oct 10, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to address the cover-up? When are you going to touch on who knew what and when and what exactly is going down now with this administration in these hearings? Why all the lies coming out of the WH Karl?
Same OLD republican dirty tricks, using a tragedy to gain political points DESPICABLE to say the least.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#151107 Oct 10, 2012
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh' do you mean like I did in November 2008 when all the righties were so sure Obama wouldn't win the first time around. No problem see you then.
Forget Novemeber 2008, Karl. The country is in worse shape and although you're all giddy over Obama, that same feeling is not resonating through the country 4 years later.

Highly classified national security leaks, a stagnant, failing economy and now a cover-up in Libya that makes Watergate look like a tea party, the Obama administration has used the media to manufacture a false perception of its capability and responses on national security and foreign policy and you're still swallowing the Obama-Rama mirage hook, line and sinker. The reality remains that the administration has undermined our national security, hindered future operations, put the lives of troops at risk and put us in a fiscal hole never seen before.

This president and those serving with him can’t be trusted to keep national security secrets or to tell the truth about situations adverse to re-election efforts and I think you are so shallow, and so blinded about what you want to believe, nothing you say can be considered credible. I have faith in the American people and barring circumstances that I can neither predict nor foresee this idol of yours will hopefully join the ranks of least desirable club any president can join...... The One termer club starring Jimmy Carter.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#151108 Oct 10, 2012
Nothing New wrote:
<quoted text>
Same OLD republican dirty tricks, using a tragedy to gain political points DESPICABLE to say the least.
Hi Karl. Nice sock.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#151109 Oct 10, 2012
karlVII wrote:
Mrs. Doherty may need to take that up with House Oversight and Government Reform Committee because they are investigating her sons death without her permission.

Have you seen the bracelet Mitt Romney often wears next to his watch? That has the name of a soldier and date he was killed in Afghanistan and his widow gave it to Romney who frequently mentions him during campaign speeches. She has spoken of her pride at seeing her loved one commemorated on a national stage.

That is the same soldier who when his wife asked him if he needed anything while over there, he answered "I need a new President." She has also said she was "deeply humbled" by Mitt Romney's frequent references to the family.

For every negative story you have Karl, I have a positive one. I promise.
Sunshine state

Safety Harbor, FL

#151110 Oct 10, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. Doherty may need to take that up with House Oversight and Government Reform Committee because they are investigating her sons death without her permission.
Have you seen the bracelet Mitt Romney often wears next to his watch? That has the name of a soldier and date he was killed in Afghanistan and his widow gave it to Romney who frequently mentions him during campaign speeches. She has spoken of her pride at seeing her loved one commemorated on a national stage.
That is the same soldier who when his wife asked him if he needed anything while over there, he answered "I need a new President." She has also said she was "deeply humbled" by Mitt Romney's frequent references to the family.
For every negative story you have Karl, I have a positive one. I promise.
Indeed. The left is in meltdown and it might be wise just to stand back a bit. After watching part of this admin outright lie on c span nothing would shock me.
Sunshine state

Safety Harbor, FL

#151111 Oct 10, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
OLD news, ya boring freakin' troll. Romney did the right thing immediately by honoring her request.
The Obama campaign OTOH, regarding using Sesame St, etc., in some ads, was asked to pull the ads. Their answer was "we will take it under advisement."
Obama is DONE, kurly. After the diplomat murder-8 day cover up in Benghazi by the Obama Administration, gets enough air time, yer savior will be lucky to escape back to Chicago without being impeached, and Hilary Clinton might well be FIRED.
Put that on yer Webers and smoke it.
Watch the left try and cover these lies. The same people would already be at the ready to sting Bush up. I almost feel sorry for Carney sp?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#151112 Oct 10, 2012
Sunshine state wrote:
<quoted text>Watch the left try and cover these lies. The same people would already be at the ready to sting Bush up. I almost feel sorry for Carney sp?
Yeah.

Poor Carney.

Location hidden

#151113 Oct 10, 2012
Nothing New wrote:
<quoted text>
It was that July released video that caused those deaths in Libya on September 11th, everyone in the Whitehouse knows that... except those traitors in the State Department, Libya's President, and of course, the former head of the military security team in Libya.

The dirty trick was leaving those four Americans helpless to enemy attack, without any security. The true fact is that the Republicans are blowing past the WH coverup, and trying to see that this type of tradegy doesn't happen again.

Do liberals ever consider using common sense?

But, don't let the facts keep you from believing the WH... that about 100 al-qaeda operatives attended a protest over a video released months before, with their mortars and RPG's, showing up at a secret safe house, attacking it in two waves, and coincidently killing our Ambassator and three other Americans.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#151115 Oct 11, 2012
Sunshine state wrote:
<quoted text>Watch the left try and cover these lies. The same people would already be at the ready to sting Bush up. I almost feel sorry for Carney sp?
No need to feel sorry for Jay Carney. He's been in the political arena for a long, long time and knows exactly what he's doing. He takes his cues directly from the president so if he didn't like lying for him, he could have quit at any time.

I remember the press conference held the morning after news of the attack broke and Romney criticized the White House for an apology our embassy in Cairo spoke just hours after being attacked. The result was the Obama campaign and its media allies screaming at Romney for days afterwards. In the middle of all this, Obama went on 60 Minutes and accused Romney of shooting first and aiming later.

Well, as it turned out, Romney was 100% correct in his criticism and it was the Obama administration that was wrong about absolutely everything, including its security priorities and a false narrative spun out for over a week blaming the attack on a spontaneous protest over a video.

And with the exception of the die hard Obama groupies who evidently are hearing impaired, the American people are listening.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#151116 Oct 11, 2012
lisw wrote:
http://www.mtgriffith.com/web_ documents/taxcutfacts.htm
Seriously?

I appreciate it though. I've always wondered how Republicans proposed to make that "Lower taxes - Higher revenue" majick work. Now I see - they just cite some numbers, totally devoid from any context.

If you reduce taxes, that doesn't mean that revenues will just stop. Of course revenue will continue (we hope), and lo! It just might be that the amount one year will be higher than the last. This article reveals the simplistic thinking (if we can call it that) behind their "Lower = Higher" algebra.

Sure, as the article noted, there were still revenues. And sure, if there's any economic growth at all, the revenues will be higher from one year to the next. But, what the article neglects to reference is this - what would revenue have been without the tax cuts? He fails to mention that, for each of those years, the amount was >still< minus the amount of the tax cuts. Result? Deficits. Both of the last two Presidents are guilty of holding up this taxpayer candy, both are haunted by deficits as a result, but only one of them tried to call it "more".

One of the most amazing sells in the last thirty years is to convince otherwise credulous people that less equals more.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#151117 Oct 11, 2012
The President comments on the Romney/Ryan plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min kent 692,178
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Tellthetruth 990,733
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 18 min Jim-ca 47,344
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 3 hr Asslickerandrew 15
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 4 hr Paul really is dead 476
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Today In History 619,839
Any women like to sit on guys faces and fart? (Feb '15) 6 hr bksmoker 24
More from around the web