Bush is a hero
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150896 Oct 8, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If had told the truth I am sure they would have said something about that as well.
The moderator got in trouble as well putting the next one on notice to maintain control.
The moderator got in trouble? You mean Lehrer? He took some shots but i don't know how much "trouble" he's in. His comment was, "It was my job to stay out of the way."

I saw him drop the ball a couple times but nothing major. I liked it. They were both untethered and Obama couldn't look to a friendly journalist from the press to save him with an easy question and he couldn't run off the stage....
Don't you think seeing that kind of face off is good for the voters?
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150897 Oct 8, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Lately that spaghetti theyre throwing at the wall isn't sticking much. Even the stations that lean left are catching on and catching it when the Obama team obviously has it wrong. I think it's NBC questioning the donations he's getting. Seems they are coming from non-citizens overseas, which is illegal. Hip's still got the blinders on even though he admits Obama has not done the best job, he cannot swallow a bright conservative.
You're right Lis, it's not sticking especially now that people have seen Romney with their own eyes and heard him with their own ears. They don't need the media to tell them what to think. They can THINK all by themselves and I believe they liked what they saw. The left really has tried hard to make people loathe Romney and painted him as a money grubbing criminal with horns coming out of his head but the fact is, Romney is a affable, competent guy.
I predict if the left keeps up the liar-liar thing, it will backfire in a big way. Then again, what else can they do? It's not like Obama has a record to run on....

That donation thing is disturbing but I think by the time we get all the facts on that one, the election will be over.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#150898 Oct 8, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I am but if anyone tries to help me cross the street I'll smack 'em with my pocketbook.
You're cute when you get feisty :)

Location hidden

#150899 Oct 8, 2012
lisw wrote:
I'll bet obama is on the phone with his friend Chavez asking him "how'd you do that"
I'll bet Chavez is telling him :)

Location hidden

#150900 Oct 8, 2012
I'm betting Sandusky will get life with no parole tomorrow. I certainly hope so, because he deserves nothing more and nothing less.

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#150901 Oct 8, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that pretty much the double downed strategy of Obama's people? If Romney lied as often as Obama supporters, advertisements and left wing media said he did, the guy would be the world record holder for lying. Obama lied about Romney's plan at the debate and Romney had to set him straight a few times which was more than a little awkward not to mention bizarre.....
You do remember that, don't you?
Sometimes we need to step back and see who is really lying to us...

&fe ature=fvwrel

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#150902 Oct 8, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say your unwavering faith in this administration considering their unemployment record is curiously generous not to mention it's come at a most opportune time but how do you know with certainty the number isn't a result of people who have stopped seeking employment or people accepting part time jobs?
How true is that number.... because there are multiple reports saying it's a whole lot higher than the stats are even showing?
Or people retiring or going to school? Whoops! That doesn't help the spin either. It's an index, people. Look it up.....

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#150903 Oct 8, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that pretty much the double downed strategy of Obama's people? If Romney lied as often as Obama supporters, advertisements and left wing media said he did, the guy would be the world record holder for lying. Obama lied about Romney's plan at the debate and Romney had to set him straight a few times which was more than a little awkward not to mention bizarre.....
You do remember that, don't you?
No, I don't. Romney's Exorcist audition about his tax cuts are mainly what I remember. Until he comes clean about exactly how he's going to make a 20% across the board cut in taxes and make it come out "revenue-neutral" then the President was warning you of the truth.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#150904 Oct 9, 2012
President Bush wrote:
You know how to break up an al-quida bingo game ,yell out B-52
They tried yelling 'B-1!', but everybody just yelled back,'No, You Be One!'
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#150905 Oct 9, 2012
Bush is a 4 letter word no sane person wants to hear again
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150906 Oct 9, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Or people retiring or going to school? Whoops! That doesn't help the spin either. It's an index, people. Look it up.....
Fine. I'll give you your 7.8% because after 44+- straight months of over 8%, it's perfectly normal that 30 days before an election the number drops. Silly me for raising an eyebrow. I'll give you your miracle Hip but I'll raise you the notion that it's not good enough.
Too little, too late.
I'm not impressed.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150907 Oct 9, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't. Romney's Exorcist audition about his tax cuts are mainly what I remember. Until he comes clean about exactly how he's going to make a 20% across the board cut in taxes and make it come out "revenue-neutral" then the President was warning you of the truth.
Then if you don't remember, I'll give you a hint. Twice Obama threw out the 5 trillion dollar number and TWICE Romney corrected him.

And it's curious to me how you, et al keep changing the rules. I don't remember Obama specifically describing how he was going to fix the economy. What I remember is a newly inaugurated President Obama saying "if I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition."

He didn't 'getter done,' Hip.

Maybe you could refer me to the the specifics of Obama's plan 4 years ago where he outlined how he was gong to explode the deficit. I don't remember that plan. As a matter of fact i don't remeber much about his "plan." There was the hope and change thing. Was THAT the plan?

Since: Jul 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#150908 Oct 9, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with using the U6 Unemployment Rate? It's easier for people to understand than the Employment Participation Rate, and it doesn't lend itself to "fudging" numbers as much as the U3 numbers do.
http://portalseven.com/employment/unemploymen...
As an example, the U6 rate clearly showed that there was no change in the August and September unemployment rates, even as the U3 rates dropped 0.3% due to the exclusion of a half a million folks that were still unemployed.
You want a serious answer or are you just going for more partisan discussion?

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#150909 Oct 9, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
I would imagine that my brother might compare his being drafted, and required to fight in a war he didn't believe in, to serving as a slave... or do you see a big difference in the two?
I believe the Selective Service System still exists, although the draft is currently on "hold".
As American citizens we all have a vested interest in protecting America proper (landmass) as well as our ideology and ideas (Constitution). The war in Vietnam (rightfully or not) was fought to contain communism which is in direct conflict with our ideology, even though the Communist Party once was as popular as Ross Perot was.

So your brother was obligated whether or not he liked it. He was free to renounce his citizenship to avoid service as a few did. Others went to prison rather than serve. Given a choice, your brother made the best choice in his eyes at the time.

On the other hand, slaves had no choice in the matter, were not "vested" in the nation of America, and had no way of avoiding slavery except suicide (depending on the time period). They continued being persecuted even after "their" slavery was over.

If you don't understand the difference it must be a Republican thing.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#150910 Oct 9, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
And, of course, meets your primary goal... increasing your post count.
I still have less than Bad Bob.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#150911 Oct 9, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
Your English is off... It's "Either he wins AND the candidate best for America wins."
Fortunately, even if the Senate stays Democratic, Romney has shown his leadership ability in being able to acomplish his goals by working with both ides of the aisle.
Seeing America again moving FORWARD with President Romney this January should make everyone feel good!
I have no doubt Romney can work with Democrats. I have no doubt Romney can work with Republicans. You still have not explained how the House and Senate are going to work together particularly when both will be more partisan next year than they are this year.

The conservative Democrats have been just as decimated as the moderate Republicans have and for much of the same reason. Either a TEA Party favorite now has the seat or someone even more to the left because a moderate always ticks of the fringe elements of both sides.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#150912 Oct 9, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't. Romney's Exorcist audition about his tax cuts are mainly what I remember. Until he comes clean about exactly how he's going to make a 20% across the board cut in taxes and make it come out "revenue-neutral" then the President was warning you of the truth.
I didi not think it was worth replying to, particularly after Romney said he would never support anything that added to the deficit. That was his out. He basically said that "Later, after I find out the truth about what a 20% tax cut does and I have no way to pay for it, I will no longer support a 20% tax cut across the board."

The question then becomes where will he support a tax cut and for whom.

I am all for making the payroll tax cut permanent and even increasing it another 20%. After all, tax cuts pay for themselves.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#150913 Oct 9, 2012
The Polls are out and it looks bad for the Obama team. Not only does Gallup-Pew have him down and out, apparently the Military Times Poll has him losing by 2:1 on the military side.

It looks like the Republicans are now a shoe in (as if the race was not theirs to lose all along) and Obama can pack up and go home.

http://militarytimes.com/news/2012/10/militar...

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

No need to look closely at the numbers though.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150914 Oct 9, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>

I said the wars were winding down. Correct me here please, isn't the one in Iraq over? Isn't the one in Afghanistan supposed to end at the end of 2014?- Even Romney says this. Aren't we talking about military spending over the next 10 years?
The war on terror is NOT winding down, okb. The war on terror is NOT over and I can't believe I need to spell it out to you. Al Queda, the Taliban and it's affiliates are alive and well. Just because the POTUS says it's so for reelection purposes doesn't change that fact.

Psst, the secrets out. IT WASN'T A VIDEO.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150915 Oct 9, 2012
okb2 wrote:
The Polls are out and it looks bad for the Obama team. Not only does Gallup-Pew have him down and out, apparently the Military Times Poll has him losing by 2:1 on the military side.
It looks like the Republicans are now a shoe in (as if the race was not theirs to lose all along) and Obama can pack up and go home.
http://militarytimes.com/news/2012/10/militar...
http://www.electoral-vote.com/
No need to look closely at the numbers though.
I think the race would be looking entirely different if Hillary had been elected. The dems shouldn't have thrown her under the bus for the new guy.
Big risk, big mistake imo for the both country and the democratic party. Oh well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 668,045
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min RiccardoFire 46,047
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,927
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min Joe Fortuna 979,529
Rogythil.com is Dedicated to Providing Revelati... 50 min richardjhons 1
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 1 hr andet1987 27
White Women Feet Smell and Taste! (Jun '12) 1 hr Jay 34
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 286,112
More from around the web