“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#150600 Oct 5, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I edited most of your post because like most of your commentary it had nothing of merit in it.
But here you go Karl. Take another look at this beauty which was your response to my telling you what Romney does with his money as long as it's legal is none of your business.
<quoted text>
1) There is NO exception.
2) It doesn't matter that "America has NEVER had a Presidential Candidate that made his billions and billions of dollars in America, claims to "Love America" but banks in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and other secretive tax shelters. Un-American and Un-fit to Govern over this great country."
You show me the law which says he can't. You show me where it's written that his personal investment decisions are up for public scrutiny. It doesn't matter KARL that no candidate has EVER done it before.... it's being done now, his name is on every ballot in every state, he's running for POTUS, so I suggest you acquire some coping skills and get a grip.
Erm. Show me law which says he CAN squirrel assets away. Does this mean we need one which does, or should we continue to rely on the lack of precedent?
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Shovelhead?
Are you?

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#150601 Oct 5, 2012
Been awhile since I've seen it like this. Gettin' kinda wild in here.
But, like ol' Red Skelton said,'It's gonna get a whole lot worse, before things go bad.'

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#150602 Oct 5, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting the election aside for minute Roberta and putting aside my wanting Romney to do well, that was still MY president up there for 90 minutes unable to defend himself, unable to explain himself and had a 4 year record that was so pathetic he hung his head because there was nothing else he could do. With the right questions and fact after fact after fact, my mother could have reduced to him to a puddle of mush.

Regardless of party affiliation I don't ever want to see my president look like that again. We hired him to do a job, he was taken to the cleaners and as nice as that is for Romney, that was MY country they were talking about.

Had I been an Obama supporter and additionally had an emotional investment in him and he gave that kind of dismal performance because it was all he had, I would have been enraged. So in my opinion, he didn't just let down the democratic party 2 nights ago. He let down the entire nation.
I respect your feelings, Lyndi, and up to a point I even agree. I remember how ashamed I felt when Nixon resigned in disgrace, and that was 38 years ago :s

I would much rather have had in office right now a POTUS whom I respected. But there isn't. Obama has been letting down the entire nation for 3 1/2 years now. The difference now, two days after the debate, is that now a lot more people see, as you, I and others have said, the current Emperor is naked.

I don't ever want to see our president humiliated like this again, either, but in order for that to happen, we must first get rid of this one. Hopefully after this sorry critter goes, we'll have presidents who earn our respect.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#150603 Oct 5, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Erm. Show me law which says he CAN squirrel assets away. Does this mean we need one which does, or should we continue to rely on the lack of precedent?
<quoted text>
Are you?
"Billions and Billions,...' For a moment there, I thought we were being addressed by Carl Sagan.
mitt romney never made billions. he's a mormon, and made his money the way all mormons do, from ther misery of othersw. AThere just ain't 'Billions' in that game. He is worth some two hundred million, I've heard. And none of his chickenshit sons served in the military.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#150604 Oct 5, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>It was incredibly sad but Idon't think we need to expect perfection. We had a president throw-up at a state dinner and this wasn't that much worse than that.
Sure it was. THIS guy made OTHER people want to throw up, too.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#150605 Oct 5, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what I told Karl. SHOW me the law that says that. Show me where that's written and while you're at it show me Obama's college transcripts, show me his college application and show me who paid for his tuition.
Thanks.
next-
There we go - you keep on askin' for all that stuff, you know, because it has everything to do with, uh.....education policy, I guess? And I'll keep on wondering why a man that wants to dictate national policy hides his own cash offshore to avoid supporting his nation.

Location hidden

#150606 Oct 5, 2012
lisw wrote:
http://www.deseretnews.com/art icle/765579772/Sex-selection-a bortions-at-the-center-of-Hous e-vote-new-Planned-Parenthood- videos.html?pg=all
Here's another for you Kathryn
And here's another for you, Lis.

Location hidden

#150607 Oct 5, 2012
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
"Billions and Billions,...' For a moment there, I thought we were being addressed by Carl Sagan.
mitt romney never made billions. he's a mormon, and made his money the way all mormons do, from ther misery of othersw. AThere just ain't 'Billions' in that game. He is worth some two hundred million, I've heard. And none of his chickenshit sons served in the military.
And the really COOL thing is, none of THEIR sons will either...even if a miracle happens, and one of them wants to.

(just a guess.)

:)

Location hidden

#150608 Oct 5, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it was. THIS guy made OTHER people want to throw up, too.
Mr. Romney is quite proficient at stimulating MY gag reflex.

Ooops. I said I wasn't going to reiterate my feelings for Mr. Romney.

Guess I'll have to eat those words.

Please excuse me whilst I gag again......I'm experiencing a distinct lack of palatable sauce with which to 'wash this down'.

:(

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#150609 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>And the really COOL thing is, none of THEIR sons will either...even if a miracle happens, and one of them wants to.
(just a guess.)
Yeah. They're too 'special'. Hell, even America's Only royal family served. Jack Kennedy and his 'PT109'. My dad voted for him just because of that.
In the movie 'Lions For Lambs', one of the kids, well, two of the kids going off to Afghanistan purposed that Every young pertson in america serve one year, either in the military, or something similar to the peace corp. That idea had real merit, especially if they utilized the resources right here in our country. Imagine college age kids going to the poorer parts of the country and helping folks get on thgeir feet, or building the levees back up in New Orleans.
On the other hand, that was just a movie, so the idea doesn't count.
Lost In Transition

United States

#150610 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Yep.
Tune time, eh.

Location hidden

#150611 Oct 6, 2012
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Tune time, eh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PAtv6BvVOyEXX
Very nice. Thanks for the reminder and the smile.

Here's one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#150612 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah. They're too 'special'. Hell, even America's Only royal family served. Jack Kennedy and his 'PT109'. My dad voted for him just because of that.
In the movie 'Lions For Lambs', one of the kids, well, two of the kids going off to Afghanistan purposed that Every young pertson in america serve one year, either in the military, or something similar to the peace corp. That idea had real merit, especially if they utilized the resources right here in our country. Imagine college age kids going to the poorer parts of the country and helping folks get on thgeir feet, or building the levees back up in New Orleans.
On the other hand, that was just a movie, so the idea doesn't count.
Perhaps not here, but Israel finds that idea quite effective.

Hittin' the sack now...goodnight.

“Take It To The Limit”

Location hidden

#150613 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>Perhaps not here, but Israel finds that idea quite effective.
Hittin' the sack now...goodnight.
There, see? An idiot such as m'self can learn from this thread. Didn't know that the program was 'lifted' from another country.
I stillk think it's a good idea.

Washington, DC

#150614 Oct 6, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Bos, but you ARE the one who is wrong.
Your examples don't wash. In the first one, I believe it is illegal for any American to invest money in an overseas business which has known terrorist ties. Any business belonging to bin Laden would certainly have terrorist ties.
And since when did it become the right of American employers to know where their employees might have investments? An employer does have the right to know if an employee is breaking the law, or I suppose in some cases if the employee is breaking the company's policy. But it ends there. If Romney has assets in every other nation on earth, it's nobody's business but his, provided he hasn't broken any laws.(Granted, under this example, he wouldn't look good to the American public, but that's another post).
You'll have to do better than that, but I'm not sure you can.
I think you will find that the bin Laden family are accepted business people despite the actions of one of their progedy.

I don't have to do better, it is already out in the public. It was part of his tax return that he is compelled by law to release. Since it is part of the law, you might think someone else thought it was our business. Nahhhhh, you would not and Lyndi would not.

And note, Lyndi stopped this line when I asked her to say the same about Obama's college records.

On the other hand, you got a law in your pocket that says Obama has to release his colllege records?

Washington, DC

#150615 Oct 6, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I edited most of your post because like most of your commentary it had nothing of merit in it.
But here you go Karl. Take another look at this beauty which was your response to my telling you what Romney does with his money as long as it's legal is none of your business.
<quoted text>
1) There is NO exception.
2) It doesn't matter that "America has NEVER had a Presidential Candidate that made his billions and billions of dollars in America, claims to "Love America" but banks in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and other secretive tax shelters. Un-American and Un-fit to Govern over this great country."
You show me the law which says he can't. You show me where it's written that his personal investment decisions are up for public scrutiny. It doesn't matter KARL that no candidate has EVER done it before.... it's being done now, his name is on every ballot in every state, he running for POTUS, so I suggest you acquire some coping skills and get a grip.
Sure it matters. We just spent billions bailing out the finance industry and Romney still does not trust them enough to keep his money here even though he wants to deregulate them again.

Tell me, if his money is overseas in banks that did not need bailing out because they run a tighter ship, what the heck is he doing trying to deregulate ours even more. Where is his "skin" in the game?

Millions of Ameicans lost money, jobs, houses and more and what is Romney risking by deregulating when his money is somewhere else?

And I will say again, if Obama was investing in bin Laden Constructions you would sure be interested.

Washington, DC

#150616 Oct 6, 2012
<quoted text>
How many of those 'new' jobs were seasonal 'picking' jobs?
Probably most of 'em.
The rate is adjusted for seasonal changes.

Washington, DC

#150617 Oct 6, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what I told Karl. SHOW me the law that says that. Show me where that's written and while you're at it show me Obama's college transcripts, show me his college application and show me who paid for his tuition.
Thanks.
next-
Pretty sure legally he has to release two years of tax returns and the information is part of the tax return.

Now can you show us legally about the college transcript, application and who paid for his college?

Washington, DC

#150618 Oct 6, 2012
I have to backtrack here, there is no legal requirement for candidates to release two years of tax returns. However, there is a legal requirement to fill out a financial disclosure report.

Washington, DC

#150619 Oct 6, 2012
Rudy, it is a great idea that gets kicked around quite a bit and no one does anything about it. I am all for compulsory service of some type.

THOSE ON THE RIGHT: You can dis his performance in the debates all you want, about Sunday or Monday polls will start coming out with the real judgement of his performance. I expect some to tighten up. BUT if it does not change the electorial vote is just don't matter does it?

Crystal Ball says: Leans/Likely/Safe: Obama-Biden 290; Leans/Likely/Safe: Romney-Ryan 206;

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/...

270 to Win says: Obama 237; Romney 191.

http://www.270towin.com/

Electorial Vote says: Obama 332; Romney 206.

Differences are in the how the polls are used. The last one only calls a tie when the poll is actually tied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 5 min emily ratajkowski 28
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kent 558,681
Moses never existed 7 min KiMare 704
Bosch SERVIS NISPETIYE 342 OO 24 Bosch SERVISI ... 18 min _hellbilly_ 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min lovewithin 39,333
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min Stilgar Fifrawi 773,137
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min An NFL Fan 264,939
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Ratloder 119,618
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 604,729