“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#150579 Oct 5, 2012
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the average because that's what the current BLS report gave me. If you want a particular month other than September, I suggest a web-searcher called Google. I'll give you this from the September report, though:
"Total employment rose by 873,000 in September, following 3 months of little change".
3 months of little change. I'm pretty sure July and August would fall within that range.
How many of those 'new' jobs were seasonal 'picking' jobs?
Probably most of 'em.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#150580 Oct 5, 2012
Hey Hip. In an earlier post, you said 'everything outside the bedroom is our business.'(PP) But aren't you the one that also said 'obama's school records are his business, and his alone.'?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#150581 Oct 5, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>For a "freethinker" who is not influenced by the "blogs" and the "pundits" you sure use alot of their words.
Do you consider yourself a freethinker?
What d'ya 'spose the chances are we find posts where you've used words and phrases that we might find also in the current popular discourse? What are the chances that every other post on this page contain words that one can also find on a blog?

An attempt at a zinger, or......uh, what's your point? Did you see those other words carefully arranged around "their words" in common grammatical constructs known as "sentences"? They ain't there fer window-dressing, yaknow?

No doubt like yourself, I read mornings and evenings, and interact with a diversity of people throughout each day. Don't worry, this is farm country - the conservative view is well represented. I get the fresh skinny about communism every day with my morning coffee.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150582 Oct 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>BS. Obviously it's a salient point or you wouldn't continue to growl about it. A candidate's finances have been part of the application process for the lives of everyone here. What's different now? Could be we are uncomfortable with the reveal? I think so.
When you want to be President, everything about you outside the marital bedroom is our business. You want to crown a king, buy an island. The rest of us are hiring a Chief Executive.
I'll tell you what I told Karl. SHOW me the law that says that. Show me where that's written and while you're at it show me Obama's college transcripts, show me his college application and show me who paid for his tuition.

Thanks.

next-

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#150583 Oct 5, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, are you still mad that your candidate almost tinkled in his pants the other night? Maybe he would have done better if his supporters and the left wing media hadn't bowed down to him from day one, had asked him the tough questions over the last 4 years and actually held him accountable for his job performance.

What you saw was the ineffectual, lazy candidate you liberals helped create.
Nice going.
Well said. And something else too: in his arrogance and hubris, Obama just plain underestimated his opponent, and apparently so did his staff. Served 'em right.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#150584 Oct 5, 2012
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably most of 'em.
About 1.5%, I think.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t08.ht...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#150585 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I used the average because that's what the current BLS report gave me. If you want a particular month other than September, I suggest a web-searcher called Google. I'll give you this from the September report, though:
"Total employment rose by 873,000 in September, following 3 months of little change".
3 months of little change. I'm pretty sure July and August would fall within that range.
Reportedly, most of the jobs were also part-time.

Median family annual income has dropped $5000 under this rookie's regime.

Location hidden

#150586 Oct 5, 2012
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the "edit" of my words?
Affriad the truth might hurt?
Typical right wing radical tactic
Truth, indeed :P Karl, you wouldn't know the truth if it danced naked in front of you.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#150587 Oct 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Do you consider yourself a freethinker?
Don't worry, this is farm country - the conservative view is well represented. I get the fresh skinny about communism every day with my morning coffee.
My 'hood is about 80% progressive, liberal.

A bedroom community in the L.A. area.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150588 Oct 5, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. And something else too: in his arrogance and hubris, Obama just plain underestimated his opponent, and apparently so did his staff. Served 'em right.
Putting the election aside for minute Roberta and putting aside my wanting Romney to do well, that was still MY president up there for 90 minutes unable to defend himself, unable to explain himself and had a 4 year record that was so pathetic he hung his head because there was nothing else he could do. With the right questions and fact after fact after fact, my mother could have reduced to him to a puddle of mush.

Regardless of party affiliation I don't ever want to see my president look like that again. We hired him to do a job, he was taken to the cleaners and as nice as that is for Romney, that was MY country they were talking about.

Had I been an Obama supporter and additionally had an emotional investment in him and he gave that kind of dismal performance because it was all he had, I would have been enraged. So in my opinion, he didn't just let down the democratic party 2 nights ago. He let down the entire nation.
Lost In Transition

United States

#150589 Oct 5, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Reportedly, most of the jobs were also part-time.
Median family annual income has dropped $5000 under this rookie's regime.
True that.
Inflation adjusted wages have fallen every year of this "recovery". And the policies in place of deficit spending and money printing guaranty they'll continue to fall, short of a complete collapse.
Lost In Transition

United States

#150590 Oct 5, 2012
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably most of 'em.
Good question. The BLS puts out an "Adjusted Household Survey" which was created to track closer to the Non-Farm Payroll Survey. It ignores Agriculture payrolls, the self employed and family members that do not draw a salary. That number came in at +294,000 compared to the headline +873,000. That means 579,000 workers fell within the "adjusted" exemptions. How many of those were field hands is anybody's guess.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#150591 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I saw her go at it with a CNN anchor, that Erin whats-her-name, that used to be a financial newswoman. By half way through the debate, Cutter's number had dropped to 2 $trillion$, and her final say on the matter was "Well, we're sure it's at least 1 $trillion$". If Erin had stayed on her long enough, she'd of had her down to lunch money.
It's amazing how an imaginary number tends to melt into thin air, just like everything else that's fudged.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#150592 Oct 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Do you consider yourself a freethinker?
What d'ya 'spose the chances are we find posts where you've used words and phrases that we might find also in the current popular discourse? What are the chances that every other post on this page contain words that one can also find on a blog?
An attempt at a zinger, or......uh, what's your point? Did you see those other words carefully arranged around "their words" in common grammatical constructs known as "sentences"? They ain't there fer window-dressing, yaknow?
No doubt like yourself, I read mornings and evenings, and interact with a diversity of people throughout each day. Don't worry, this is farm country - the conservative view is well represented. I get the fresh skinny about communism every day with my morning coffee.
Lucky duck!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#150593 Oct 5, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're right Rider it can make you kind of foggy brained.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#150594 Oct 5, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting the election aside for minute Roberta and putting aside my wanting Romney to do well, that was still MY president up there for 90 minutes unable to defend himself, unable to explain himself and had a 4 year record that was so pathetic he hung his head because there was nothing else he could do. With the right questions and fact after fact after fact, my mother could have reduced to him to a puddle of mush.
Regardless of party affiliation I don't ever want to see my president look like that again. We hired him to do a job, he was taken to the cleaners and as nice as that is for Romney, that was MY country they were talking about.
Had I been an Obama supporter and additionally had an emotional investment in him and he gave that kind of dismal performance because it was all he had, I would have been enraged. So in my opinion, he didn't just let down the democratic party 2 nights ago. He let down the entire nation.
It was incredibly sad but Idon't think we need to expect perfection. We had a president throw-up at a state dinner and this wasn't that much worse than that.

USA

#150595 Oct 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>It's almost funny. When you like the poll numbers, they're great. When your boy slips, somebody's cheating. When unemployment was up, you're elated. When the numbers get better, somebody's cheating. When your candidate wins, the vote was honest. When your candidate loses, somebody's cheating.
You're the kids who kick over the board and stomp out of the room when you lose a checker.
You're the kid who trips over the bucket he was warned about, then gets mad at the people who warned him.....:)

USA

#150596 Oct 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>BS. Obviously it's a salient point or you wouldn't continue to growl about it. A candidate's finances have been part of the application process for the lives of everyone here. What's different now? Could be we are uncomfortable with the reveal? I think so.
When you want to be President, everything about you outside the marital bedroom is our business. You want to crown a king, buy an island. The rest of us are hiring a Chief Executive.
Heh heh heh..... Now where did you learn those curiously defined rules about about how a president should be vetted?

If ya don't like Romney's success, or what he does with the proceeds thereof, yer free to vote for Obama. But yer constant bellyaching about HIS money doesn't prove anything,'crept that yer petty and jealous, just like Obama....

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#150597 Oct 5, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EZiL1PMF3xAXX
Yep.

Location hidden

#150598 Oct 5, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter, Katya. Without a teleprompter, Barry will be wanderin' around the desert like a nomad, during the remaining 2 debates.
Only chance Soetero has, is to call in sick both times.
Obama might stand a chance, if he uses his lifelines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 261,689
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Robert F 548,738
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,804
Firma Ulus )) ULUS B0SCH Servisi (( 299 15 34 ... 9 min hangrup 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Dave Nelson 230,024
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min AnnieJ 602,189
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 15 min ChromiuMan 5,471

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE