“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#150575 Oct 5, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you so ditsy?
9000' altitude brain cavity aneurism. Much worse at that height.
Lost In Transition

United States

#150576 Oct 5, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the household survey in July and August? If you are self-employed (unemployed and unemployment ran out) you are employed even if you did not earn a dime. Why use a yearly average instead of comparisons with recent months?
Just off the top of my head I suspect a lot of peoples unemployment is running out. Same thing happened under bush when all the Republicans were bragging about unemployment.
Got news for you, the unemployment figure is just as valid now as then.
I used the average because that's what the current BLS report gave me. If you want a particular month other than September, I suggest a web-searcher called Google. I'll give you this from the September report, though:

"Total employment rose by 873,000 in September, following 3 months of little change".

3 months of little change. I'm pretty sure July and August would fall within that range.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#150577 Oct 5, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong and you know you are wrong just as you know you would use it in an argument if you found Obama invested in bin Laden Construction out of Saudi Arabia.

Further, while it may not be MY business where your money is parked, you are not the leader of the MY country and as far as I know you have no plans to be.

Since the leader of MY country is MY employee, I do have a right to know certain things......unless you want to admit that all those wanting to see the college records of Obama are idiots. You do that, and I might agree with you.

On the other hand, I am much more interested in his tax rate since he is planning changes to the tax code.
Sorry, Bos, but you ARE the one who is wrong.

Your examples don't wash. In the first one, I believe it is illegal for any American to invest money in an overseas business which has known terrorist ties. Any business belonging to bin Laden would certainly have terrorist ties.

And since when did it become the right of American employers to know where their employees might have investments? An employer does have the right to know if an employee is breaking the law, or I suppose in some cases if the employee is breaking the company's policy. But it ends there. If Romney has assets in every other nation on earth, it's nobody's business but his, provided he hasn't broken any laws.(Granted, under this example, he wouldn't look good to the American public, but that's another post).

You'll have to do better than that, but I'm not sure you can.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150578 Oct 5, 2012
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the "edit" of my words?
Affriad the truth might hurt?
Typical right wing radical tactic
I edited most of your post because like most of your commentary it had nothing of merit in it.

But here you go Karl. Take another look at this beauty which was your response to my telling you what Romney does with his money as long as it's legal is none of your business.
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
With ONE HUGE exception....
America has NEVER had a Presidential Candidate that made his billions and billions of dollars in America, claims to "Love America" but banks in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and other secretive tax shelters. Un-American and Un-fit to Govern over this great country.
1) There is NO exception.
2) It doesn't matter that "America has NEVER had a Presidential Candidate that made his billions and billions of dollars in America, claims to "Love America" but banks in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and other secretive tax shelters. Un-American and Un-fit to Govern over this great country."

You show me the law which says he can't. You show me where it's written that his personal investment decisions are up for public scrutiny. It doesn't matter KARL that no candidate has EVER done it before.... it's being done now, his name is on every ballot in every state, he running for POTUS, so I suggest you acquire some coping skills and get a grip.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#150579 Oct 5, 2012
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the average because that's what the current BLS report gave me. If you want a particular month other than September, I suggest a web-searcher called Google. I'll give you this from the September report, though:
"Total employment rose by 873,000 in September, following 3 months of little change".
3 months of little change. I'm pretty sure July and August would fall within that range.
How many of those 'new' jobs were seasonal 'picking' jobs?
Probably most of 'em.

“Take It To The Limit”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#150580 Oct 5, 2012
Hey Hip. In an earlier post, you said 'everything outside the bedroom is our business.'(PP) But aren't you the one that also said 'obama's school records are his business, and his alone.'?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#150581 Oct 5, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>For a "freethinker" who is not influenced by the "blogs" and the "pundits" you sure use alot of their words.
Do you consider yourself a freethinker?
What d'ya 'spose the chances are we find posts where you've used words and phrases that we might find also in the current popular discourse? What are the chances that every other post on this page contain words that one can also find on a blog?

An attempt at a zinger, or......uh, what's your point? Did you see those other words carefully arranged around "their words" in common grammatical constructs known as "sentences"? They ain't there fer window-dressing, yaknow?

No doubt like yourself, I read mornings and evenings, and interact with a diversity of people throughout each day. Don't worry, this is farm country - the conservative view is well represented. I get the fresh skinny about communism every day with my morning coffee.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150582 Oct 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>BS. Obviously it's a salient point or you wouldn't continue to growl about it. A candidate's finances have been part of the application process for the lives of everyone here. What's different now? Could be we are uncomfortable with the reveal? I think so.
When you want to be President, everything about you outside the marital bedroom is our business. You want to crown a king, buy an island. The rest of us are hiring a Chief Executive.
I'll tell you what I told Karl. SHOW me the law that says that. Show me where that's written and while you're at it show me Obama's college transcripts, show me his college application and show me who paid for his tuition.

Thanks.

next-

Location hidden

#150583 Oct 5, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, are you still mad that your candidate almost tinkled in his pants the other night? Maybe he would have done better if his supporters and the left wing media hadn't bowed down to him from day one, had asked him the tough questions over the last 4 years and actually held him accountable for his job performance.

What you saw was the ineffectual, lazy candidate you liberals helped create.
Nice going.
Well said. And something else too: in his arrogance and hubris, Obama just plain underestimated his opponent, and apparently so did his staff. Served 'em right.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#150584 Oct 5, 2012
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably most of 'em.
About 1.5%, I think.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t08.ht...

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#150585 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Reportedly, most of the jobs were also part-time.

Median family annual income has dropped $5000 under this rookie's regime.

Location hidden

#150586 Oct 5, 2012
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the "edit" of my words?
Affriad the truth might hurt?
Typical right wing radical tactic
Truth, indeed :P Karl, you wouldn't know the truth if it danced naked in front of you.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#150587 Oct 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Do you consider yourself a freethinker?
Don't worry, this is farm country - the conservative view is well represented. I get the fresh skinny about communism every day with my morning coffee.
My 'hood is about 80% progressive, liberal.

A bedroom community in the L.A. area.
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#150588 Oct 5, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. And something else too: in his arrogance and hubris, Obama just plain underestimated his opponent, and apparently so did his staff. Served 'em right.
Putting the election aside for minute Roberta and putting aside my wanting Romney to do well, that was still MY president up there for 90 minutes unable to defend himself, unable to explain himself and had a 4 year record that was so pathetic he hung his head because there was nothing else he could do. With the right questions and fact after fact after fact, my mother could have reduced to him to a puddle of mush.

Regardless of party affiliation I don't ever want to see my president look like that again. We hired him to do a job, he was taken to the cleaners and as nice as that is for Romney, that was MY country they were talking about.

Had I been an Obama supporter and additionally had an emotional investment in him and he gave that kind of dismal performance because it was all he had, I would have been enraged. So in my opinion, he didn't just let down the democratic party 2 nights ago. He let down the entire nation.
Lost In Transition

United States

#150589 Oct 5, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Reportedly, most of the jobs were also part-time.
Median family annual income has dropped $5000 under this rookie's regime.
True that.
Inflation adjusted wages have fallen every year of this "recovery". And the policies in place of deficit spending and money printing guaranty they'll continue to fall, short of a complete collapse.
Lost In Transition

United States

#150590 Oct 5, 2012
Rudyard Kiplingesque wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably most of 'em.
Good question. The BLS puts out an "Adjusted Household Survey" which was created to track closer to the Non-Farm Payroll Survey. It ignores Agriculture payrolls, the self employed and family members that do not draw a salary. That number came in at +294,000 compared to the headline +873,000. That means 579,000 workers fell within the "adjusted" exemptions. How many of those were field hands is anybody's guess.

Since: Nov 09

USA

#150591 Oct 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I saw her go at it with a CNN anchor, that Erin whats-her-name, that used to be a financial newswoman. By half way through the debate, Cutter's number had dropped to 2 $trillion$, and her final say on the matter was "Well, we're sure it's at least 1 $trillion$". If Erin had stayed on her long enough, she'd of had her down to lunch money.
It's amazing how an imaginary number tends to melt into thin air, just like everything else that's fudged.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#150592 Oct 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Do you consider yourself a freethinker?
What d'ya 'spose the chances are we find posts where you've used words and phrases that we might find also in the current popular discourse? What are the chances that every other post on this page contain words that one can also find on a blog?
An attempt at a zinger, or......uh, what's your point? Did you see those other words carefully arranged around "their words" in common grammatical constructs known as "sentences"? They ain't there fer window-dressing, yaknow?
No doubt like yourself, I read mornings and evenings, and interact with a diversity of people throughout each day. Don't worry, this is farm country - the conservative view is well represented. I get the fresh skinny about communism every day with my morning coffee.
Lucky duck!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#150593 Oct 5, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You're right Rider it can make you kind of foggy brained.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#150594 Oct 5, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting the election aside for minute Roberta and putting aside my wanting Romney to do well, that was still MY president up there for 90 minutes unable to defend himself, unable to explain himself and had a 4 year record that was so pathetic he hung his head because there was nothing else he could do. With the right questions and fact after fact after fact, my mother could have reduced to him to a puddle of mush.
Regardless of party affiliation I don't ever want to see my president look like that again. We hired him to do a job, he was taken to the cleaners and as nice as that is for Romney, that was MY country they were talking about.
Had I been an Obama supporter and additionally had an emotional investment in him and he gave that kind of dismal performance because it was all he had, I would have been enraged. So in my opinion, he didn't just let down the democratic party 2 nights ago. He let down the entire nation.
It was incredibly sad but Idon't think we need to expect perfection. We had a president throw-up at a state dinner and this wasn't that much worse than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessari... 740,079
gimmie shelter 13 min dirty white boy- 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min truth 543,045
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Aura Mytha 227,752
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 23 min Edthirty 3,144
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min KiMare 95,534
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 39 min Epiphany2 601,159
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 259,657
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••