Bush is a hero
UIDIOTRACESMAKEW OLDPEACE

United States

#150459 Oct 4, 2012
UNITED STATES INTERVENTIONS SINCE 1945:
MILITARY INTERVENTIONS, COVERT OPERATIONS, COUPS AND ATTEMPTED COUPS, ELECTION INTERFERENCE, REGIME CHANGE, COLOR REVOLUTIONS
Hiroshima and Nagasaki (Japan), Philippines, South Korea, Lebanon, Iran, Guatemala, Cuba, Congo/Zaire, Brazil,
Greece, Poland, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Chile, Angola, East TImor, Nicaragua,
Grenada, Panama, Kyrgyzstan, Haiti, Yugoslavia, Georgia, Ukraine, Argentina, Ghana, Venezuela, Bolivia, Hondoras,
Paraguay, Mexico, El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen, Tunesia, Egypt, Libya, Syria...
"If Nuremberg were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged."
Noam Chomsky

THE ABOVE IS PARTIAL LIST US WARS OTHER NATIONS

United States

#150460 Oct 4, 2012
Michael Parenti, Sword and Dollar, p43

Upon taking the Philippines from Spain in 1898, the US then had to fight a bloody three-year war against Filipino rebels. In Luzon alone over 600,000 people were killed by American troops or died from war-related diseases and privations-as the war against the guerrillas became a war against the people who supported the guerrillas. US General Arthur MacArthur issued a proclamation renouncing "precise observance of the laws of war." Among other things, MacArthur's troops tortured and executed prisoners (civilians included), destroyed crops, food stores, domestic animals, boats, and whole villages, and forced tens of thousands of Filipinos into "relocation camps." In 1901 the Philadelphia Ledger carried a dispatch from its Manila correspondent:

Our men... have killed to exterminate men, women, children, prisoners and captives, active insurgents and suspected people from lads of 10 up .... Our soldiers have pumped salt water into men to "make them talk," and have taken prisoners people who held up their hands and peacefully surrendered, and an hour later... stood them on a bridge and shot them down one by one, to drop into the water below and float down, as examples to those who found their bullet-loaded corpses."

A Republican member of Congress gave an eyewitness report on the war:

You never hear of any disturbances in Northern Luzon ... because there isn't anybody there to rebel. That country was marched over and cleared out .... The good lord in Heaven only knows the number of Filipinos that were put under the ground; our soldiers took no prisoners; they kept no records; they simply swept the country and wherever or however they could get hold of a Filipino they killed him."

United States

#150461 Oct 4, 2012
Michael Ignatieff

professor of human rights policy at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government

Pox Americana
edited by John Bellamy Foster and Robert W. McChesney, The Iraq operation most resembles the conquest of die Philippines between 1898 and 1902. Both were wars of conquest, both were urged by an ideological elite on a divided country and both cost much more than anyone had bargained for. Just as in Iraq, winning the war was the easy part .... More than 120,000 American troops were sent to the Philippines to put down the guerrilla resistance, and 4,000 never came home. It remains to be seen whether Iraq will cost thousands of American lives-and whether the American public will accept such a heavy toll as the price of success in Iraq.

United States

#150462 Oct 4, 2012
Brigadier General "Hell-roaring Jake" Smith to his U.S. Marines as they land in the Philippines

I wish you to burn and kill; the more you burn and kill, the better it will please me.

United States

#150463 Oct 4, 2012
an official of the Red Cross
US invasion of Philippines

reported that "American soldiers are determined to kill every Filipino in sight."

United States

#150464 Oct 4, 2012
General William Rufus Shafter, US. General in the Philippines, during the Spanish-American War, 1900

It may be necessary to kill half the Filipinos in order that the remaining half may be advanced to a higher plane of life than their present semi-barbarous state affords.
Lost In Transition

Plano, TX

#150465 Oct 4, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
The short list of excuses I've read/heard thus far.
1) The real Obama just didn’t show up tonight.
2) The moderator, Jim Lehrer, let Romney win.
3) The free-flowing format was bad and let Romney dominate.
4) Romney lied with a straight face for ninety minutes.
5) We won’t know for 2-3 days whether Mitt Romney actually won.
6) He's had alot on his mind.
7) Too busy traveling to prepare properly.
8) He wanted to avoid the "angry black man image."
9) Just wait until the next debate!
And my personal favorite came from none other than the Grand Poobah of left wingers, Al Gore.
10) It was the high altitude and Obama's lungs hadn't acclimated to the air.
========
And for those who think Romney isn't being specific enough let me remind you that Barack Obama never SPECIFIED 35+ straight months of 8+% unemployment, he never SPECIFIED the deficit nightmare, he never SPECIFIED 40+ million Americans on food stamps, he never SPECIFIED failed stimulus etc. etc. etc.
He ran on hope and change and now he's running on fumes and all the excuses do is make the left look desperate and out of ideas.
Enough already!
I think the excuses are pretty funny. I heard on MSNBC that obama couldn't properly respond to Mitt's claims because America had saddled him with a "black tax". I feel his pain. During my dating years, America saddled me with a freckle tax.

United States

#150467 Oct 4, 2012
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the excuses are pretty funny. I heard on MSNBC that obama couldn't properly respond to Mitt's claims because America had saddled him with a "black tax". I feel his pain. During my dating years, America saddled me with a freckle tax.
IS THAT inTOXICation InTAXication, let me BILL R you a big bill for that. BWHAHHAHAHHAA

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#150468 Oct 4, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>Everything is perspective isn't it? You see Obama as professorial, and I just see incompetence. He really doesn't know how to do anything but talking points and clearly his campaign didn't let him in on the talking points. It's also perspective when you talk about Reagan/Bush being bad for the economy. You must have done poorly under them, while we did much better under them

The most telling thing Obama said last night was (paraphrasing) that Americans have great abilities if they are channeled properly. Now who do you think is going to channel us Americans? That would be government. No thanks I'll take my chances.
As usual, short and sweet :)

United States

#150469 Oct 4, 2012
Fearless and Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree. During the Brown regime I had many written dialogs with him and your appraisal is correct. The debate was a three ring circus regarding Obama. Without the teleprompter he is lost. He really needs a mouth piece to communicate as he has a problem with his speech, a lot of uhs and stammering. I truly believe he would have failed a Speech 101 class in college. I am surprised the "pancake makeup" Axelrod used didnt crack and fall off. Obama's advisor David Ploughe is a real trip. He is a real clown, in my opinion.
I just found out that my Medicare policy will have a $36 per month premium and out of pocket expenses went from $4,800 to $6,000. No tax on those making fewer than $250,000 per year; just another Obama lie. Same applies to my wifes.
At one time in the past Sherrod Brown was an admitted member of the Communist Party.
Pretensions to Empire
by Lewis H. Lapham
The New Press, 2006, paperback, p159

How is it moral for the President of the United States to ask a young American soldier to do him the service of dying in Fallujah in order that he might secure for himself a second term in the White House? Why is it moral to deny medical care to 40 million people who can't pay the loan-shark prices demanded by the insurance companies but to allow 12 million American families to go hungry in the winter? What is moral about an administration that never goes before a microphone to which it doesn't tell a lie?

---

this should be asked in every US administration i mean US regime.

Location hidden

#150470 Oct 4, 2012
FEARLESS AND HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that is basically The LORDS .line
FEARLESS :D Welcome back, old friend. I've missed you!

United States

#150471 Oct 4, 2012
Marilyn Young, historian

The U.S. can destroy Iraq's highways, but not build its own; create the conditions for epidemic in Iraq, but not offer health care to millions of Americans. It can excoriate Iraqi treatment of the Kurdish minority, but not deal with domestic race relations; create homelessness abroad but not solve it here; keep a half million troops drug free as part of a war, but refuse to fund the treatment of millions of drug addicts at home.... We shall lose the war after we have won it.

United States

#150472 Oct 4, 2012
U.S. Bishops' Statement on Iraq

January 1998 (Signed by 53 Catholic bishops.)

Sanctions have taken the lives of well over one million persons, 60% of whom are children under five years of age. The 1991 US bombing campaign destroyed electric, water and sewage plants, as well as agricultural, food and medical production facilities. All of these structures continue to be inoperative, or function at sub-minimal levels, because the sanctions have made it impossible to buy spare parts for their repair. This bombing campaign, together with the total embargo in place since August 1990 was, and is, an attack against the civilian population of Iraq.

United States

#150473 Oct 4, 2012
United Nadon's Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), December 1995

More than one million Iraqis have died—567,000 of them children—as a direct consequence of US economic sanctions... As many as 12 percent of the children surveyed in Baghdad are wasted, 28 percent stunted and 29 percent underweight.

United States

#150474 Oct 4, 2012
U.S. Ambassador Bill Richardson, August 1997
keyword(s)

Sanctions [on Iraq] may stay on in perpetuity.

Location hidden

#150475 Oct 4, 2012
Fearless and Happy wrote:
Hi Rider, Lisw, Roberta G, Bad Bob, D.S. Higgins. and Chris Clearwater. I see the same Ttooges are here but that is to be expected. I see even a couple more hacve been added. I would take bon VII but bit is evident he is to darn easy. I would say easiier than OKB. Didv one of OKB'S SIRES LOG ON AS I think I saw another okb2 logged on.

Been a long time and obviously am not going to peruse the past volumes to catch up. Should I wish to opine I will start from here. For the newbies I can spell quite well but my typing leaves a lot to be desires. So save yourselves the time of replying to my spelling.

Bad Bob, your brother will be in my prayers. My brother had Oral Cancer and lost his right jaw, gums and teeth. He also lost some Lymph Nodes and is relegated to being fed through a tube. Will never be able to eat solid food.

I have been fighting Chronic Kidney failure, COPD and Congestive Heart Failure. The Kidney numbers that are supposed to be high are low and the ones supposed to be low are high. It is going to be interesting to see how Medicare works out with Barry's health plan. I really believe he is going to lose big time. Even the Crats are chewing their nails, at least the ones with any sense and political knowledge. Of course. you know my political bent and knowledge. When Axelrod and Barry's advisors really hype Barry to the point of coronation they are worried.

Valerie Jarret even made the comment that they are ready to RULE on day one; assuming they win.
My goodness, Fearless, that is one boatload of health troubles :s No wonder you couldn't be here lately. You'll be in my prayers.

United States

#150476 Oct 4, 2012
Arundhati Roy

Another World Is Possible, book, p72
keyword(s)

In 1996, Madeleine Abright, then the US secretary of state, was asked on national television what she felt about the fact that 500,000 Iraqi children had died as a result of US economic sanctions. She replied that it was 'a very hard choice,' but that, all things considered,'we think the price is worth it.'

---

SHE IS EVIL B!TCH!

United States

#150477 Oct 4, 2012
Kuwait , 1991

The Greatest Story Never Told, Michael K Smith, p373

With the enemy in headlong retreat, U.S. pilots cut off escape and slaughter Iraqi soldiers, Asian workers, and Kuwaiti hostages fleeing along the highway. Bombarding the trapped traffic for hours they annihilate anything that moves, leaving the roads awash in blood.

One pilot exclaims: "It was like shooting fish in a barrel. "

United States

#150478 Oct 4, 2012
Norman Mailer, Why are we at war?, p56
RALPH NADER" The United States currently consumes 19.5 million barrels a day, or 26% of daily global oil consumption.... The U.S.[has to import] 9.8 million barrels a day, or more than half the oil we consume....

The surest way for the U.S. to sustain its overwhelming dependence upon oil is to control the sixty-seven percent of the world's proven oil reserves that lie below the sands of the Persian Gulf. Iraq alone has proven reserves of 112.5 billion barrels, or 11% of the world's remaining supply.... Only Saudi Arabia has more.

United States

#150479 Oct 4, 2012
Amy Goodman, Exception to the Rulers, p9

The Bush team has invoked a basic principle of propaganda: Control the images and you control the people... The lesson had been learned from Vietnam - a lesson in manipulation. In Iraq, there would be no daily television images of the human toll of war. The government and the media would portray a clean war, a war nearly devoid of victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 8,236
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 879,745
The Christian Atheist debate 9 min too lazy to log in 3,896
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 16 min nightwalker 150
sex (May '13) 27 min Suraj 185
Five Things A Cosmetic Dentist Can Do For You 34 min kimo fahmy 1
hi guys mera lund bahut mota hai meri gf gaand... (Apr '12) 1 hr mani 34
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KayMarie 603,311
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 4 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web