Bush is a hero

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#149107 Sep 21, 2012
karlVII wrote:
Hey everybody check this out I PM'd Roberta to see if she had checked out the links I provided for her here is a copy of said PM's SHE IS A PARANOID WHACKJOB....
On September 22, 12, karlVII wrote:
> On September 22, 12, Roberta G wrote:
>> On September 22, 12, karlVII wrote:
>>> did you check out those links?
>>
>>
>> No, I haven't seen them yet. But I will keep my word and view them shortly.
>>
>> Please do not pm me again. I don't trust you, and there's nothing you could
>> possibly have to say to me which couldn't be posted on the thread.
>
> If you do not like the PM feature disable it. I'm harmless and there is no
> possible way to harm you in a PM
I didn't want to have to go that far, but since you have seen fit to disrespect my wishes, that is exactly what I will do.
And Karl, you are NOT harmless. In post after post you have shown a willingness, even eagerness to utterly destroy anyone who doesn't share your opinions, and share them to the letter. That's an extremely ugly attitude, Karl, and won't win you any friends, let alone converts to your opinions.
This is beside the point, but it's also a tell-tale sign of a far-left bomb thrower, people like William Ayers and Michael Moore. Take-no-prisoners, kill if they won't convert--or at least make their lives as miserable as possible. I wouldn't want any part of that even if I was a liberal.
CRAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYY
You've been reported. this is beyond inappropriate. What's wrong with you?

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#149109 Sep 21, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stats are so far off Karl it's embarrassing to read.
49% of all Americans pay no federal income tax
*47% receive a check from the government of which more than half are means tested welfare checks (Medicaid, welfare, food stamps, etc.)
*36% of all Americans of working age are either not working or looking for work
Many of those who receive checks from the government have earned them and we all know that.
The benefits Romney was talking about are means tested benefits, distributed based on income but all totalled 100 million Americans receive benefits which include welfare, food stamps, Section 8 housing, Medicaid and, and, and....

Romney spoke the truth.
Yes, he did, and unfortunately just before you could submit your revision. Romney didn't say nothin 'bout no check - he said "these are people who pay no taxes." Yours is a snappy example of, oh not just spin, but we're talkin' some real English on the ball. Nice....
UIdiotRacesMakeW orldPeace

United States

#149110 Sep 21, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks, I hope the slight editing I've done will make it easier for you to read this exchange.
:) I suppose Karl thought he could embarrass me by repeating all this here. Not likely ;) As most of you already know, I'm not that easily embarrassed.
Admit it, you a fool!
rider

Gwinn, MI

#149111 Sep 21, 2012
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura: 9/11: The Pentagon
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#149113 Sep 21, 2012
karlVII wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney said
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what ....These are people who pay no income tax."
So who told the truth??? OBVIOUSLY NOT YOU
did you look at the link I provided as PROOF?
http://taxfoundation.org/article/states-vary-...
Here is another one
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
You die hard righties sure do hate your own don't you
Squawk all you want, Karl. Your stats are wrong and this President is inept. Foreign policy, domestic policy it doesn't matter. If he were the CEO, CFO, COO of any major corporation in this country he would have been fired for failure to deliver. And I am still confident that will be precisely what happens in November.

karlVII

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#149114 Sep 21, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
the second two stories mentioning the Tax Policy Center. Those two stories DO say what you say they say.
That is ALL you need to say..

Romney's tax plan takes from the working class and poorest Americans and gives to the wealthiest...

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid

karlVII

Aurora, CO

#149115 Sep 21, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Squawk all you want, Karl. Your stats are wrong and this President is inept. Foreign policy, domestic policy it doesn't matter. If he were the CEO, CFO, COO of any major corporation in this country he would have been fired for failure to deliver. And I am still confident that will be precisely what happens in November.
Your babbling, incoherent, incomprehensible, blather is a waste of my time

Keep your head stuck in the sand and vote against your own best interest any good republican puppet does it. You have to FoxNOISE and Rush HATE FILLED Limbaugh told you to.

karlVII

Aurora, CO

#149116 Sep 21, 2012
Oh' by the way Lyndi have you looked at ALL the polls lately?

Your inept LIAR disgusting American hating candidate is falling like a rock!

karlVII

Aurora, CO

#149118 Sep 21, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>You've been reported. this is beyond inappropriate. What's wrong with you?
Thank you, may I have another?

Nothing in my post was against Topix terms of use!

United States

#149119 Sep 21, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Again most president are puppets and have no power!
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#149120 Sep 21, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, he did, and unfortunately just before you could submit your revision. Romney didn't say nothin 'bout no check - he said "these are people who pay no taxes." Yours is a snappy example of, oh not just spin, but we're talkin' some real English on the ball. Nice....
The man isn't a smooth talker. I know that. He doesn't have that silky smooth thing going on which Obama used to his advantage. Obama convinced and wooed more than half this nation into believing he was a really SPECIAL {lol} Community Organizer who had never even run a lemonade stand but was ready to be the leader of the free world and a manage a complicated economy. He'd never struck a deal in his life in a boardroom or with opposing legislators, or governed a state. Romney is a businessman who's made his career IN boardrooms and then governing the state of Massachusettes. He's NOT a professional speaker or a career politician. I'm fine with that.
You want the dandy delivery. I'm looking for content. Fine. You buy the Maserati that it has no engine and I'll take the used Volvo with 200,000 miles on it. It may not look good in the showroom but the thing runs.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#149121 Sep 21, 2012
UIdiotRacesMakeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>Admit it, you a fool!
You first.

“The future begins”

every moment

#149122 Sep 21, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them DID include analyses or Links to analyses of a tax plan which Romney is said to have either cooked up himself or endorsed, the second two stories mentioning the Tax Policy Center. Those two stories DO say what you say they say. But NONE of them included any proof, indication or even a hint that Romney himself wants to take from the poor and give to the rich.
Well, you say you prefer straight talk, and I'm sure you mean that both ways, so I gotta mention you sound like you're contradicting yourself here. I personally don't think it was a prudent move to PM you, but I hope the experience didn't color your assessment of the information? As you say, the report from the TPC is the common thread throughout all these stories, and their only institutional bias is being exceedingly wonkish.

Yours was a fresh challenge, with real teeth. I don't expect you to return with a report, just impressed that you were willing to look at the subject.

Whether Romney actually used those very words in that order? That I don't know. Is it in fact impossible to make his numbers match up without an offset somewhere? Yes, that is a fact. Romney says he'll do it by closing loopholes, but won't say which. What's the easiest and most satisfying credits to cut? The 2009 stimulus tax credits - all he has to do is nothing, they expire, and he fulfills a pledge. All very presidential.

In the meantime, he's reduced tax rates even further, eliminated taxes on investment income (like where he gets ALL his income), reduced corporate tax, eliminated the estate tax, repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax, among other things. Only one of the items above has any significant benefit to the young middle-class taxpayer. All they're going to see is a miniscule reduction in their income tax, offset by a loss of three credits - net result, they'll be added to the taxpayer base.

In the big picture, Romney sees a problem needs fixed. He has proposed to reduce the deficit. He's also proposed to reduce or eliminate a host of taxes and tax rates, most of which inordinately benefit the wealthy. It is really hard to make these two disparate ideas live peacefully. Romney does so, not by increasing taxes, but the tax base.

And who are the vast majority of those people added to the tax base? Middle class.

Romney doesn't have to literally say it.

United States

#149123 Sep 21, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>You first.
I'm not fool because i ddn't write any piece look at your post which foolish, So Hypocrite Chritain! Oops Better read your bible for you have .

United States

#149124 Sep 21, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
The man isn't a smooth talker. I know that. He doesn't have that silky smooth thing going on which Obama used to his advantage. Obama convinced and wooed more than half this nation into believing he was a really SPECIAL {lol} Community Organizer who had never even run a lemonade stand but was ready to be the leader of the free world and a manage a complicated economy. He'd never struck a deal in his life in a boardroom or with opposing legislators, or governed a state. Romney is a businessman who's made his career IN boardrooms and then governing the state of Massachusettes. He's NOT a professional speaker or a career politician. I'm fine with that.
You want the dandy delivery. I'm looking for content. Fine. You buy the Maserati that it has no engine and I'll take the used Volvo with 200,000 miles on it. It may not look good in the showroom but the thing runs.
A Predatory businessman with no soul he had even sent US jobs overseas !

United States

#149125 Sep 21, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
You own right wing organs sold you own right wing out! BWHAHAHHAHAHA

READ!

Romeny a predatory businessman ! BWHAHHAHAHHAHAA!

Romney’s Bain Capital invested in companies that moved jobs overseas
www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/romne... ...

Mitt Romney ’s financial ... that $18.4 billion in global information technology work and $11.4 billion in business-process services have been moved abroad. While the export of jobs …

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#149126 Sep 21, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you say you prefer straight talk, and I'm sure you mean that both ways, so I gotta mention you sound like you're contradicting yourself here. I personally don't think it was a prudent move to PM you, but I hope the experience didn't color your assessment of the information? As you say, the report from the TPC is the common thread throughout all these stories, and their only institutional bias is being exceedingly wonkish.
Yours was a fresh challenge, with real teeth. I don't expect you to return with a report, just impressed that you were willing to look at the subject.
Whether Romney actually used those very words in that order? That I don't know. Is it in fact impossible to make his numbers match up without an offset somewhere? Yes, that is a fact. Romney says he'll do it by closing loopholes, but won't say which. What's the easiest and most satisfying credits to cut? The 2009 stimulus tax credits - all he has to do is nothing, they expire, and he fulfills a pledge. All very presidential.
In the meantime, he's reduced tax rates even further, eliminated taxes on investment income (like where he gets ALL his income), reduced corporate tax, eliminated the estate tax, repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax, among other things. Only one of the items above has any significant benefit to the young middle-class taxpayer. All they're going to see is a miniscule reduction in their income tax, offset by a loss of three credits - net result, they'll be added to the taxpayer base.
In the big picture, Romney sees a problem needs fixed. He has proposed to reduce the deficit. He's also proposed to reduce or eliminate a host of taxes and tax rates, most of which inordinately benefit the wealthy. It is really hard to make these two disparate ideas live peacefully. Romney does so, not by increasing taxes, but the tax base.
And who are the vast majority of those people added to the tax base? Middle class.
Romney doesn't have to literally say it.
You really don't get it do you? it wasn't so long ago that you said a couple of times 'Catepiller is doing really well" as a sign that the economy was improving. Well why do you think that is? It was making money, that's why and the only way a company makes money is if its intake is greater than its outgo. Selling lots helps but it also helps to keep expenses down and to keep your investors. then you are able to hire people. It's a win win situation.
I am so completely convinced that unless business are given a break you will see 8% unemployment become the status quo and it will get worse from there. You can't really believe that taxing investments more is the answer. That will just freeze things up even more.
Romney absolutely knows what he is talking about, but admittedly he isn't getting it across, at least not to people who don't understand how capitalism works.

“The future begins”

every moment

#149127 Sep 21, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Flash didn't occur to me, and is nowhere present in my critique. That's all yours. Misdirection attempt noted. You are right, it is all about substance. You see a Volvo, I see an Etch-A-Sketch. Vive la difference!

United States

#149128 Sep 21, 2012
Massachusetts, which Romney governed from 2003-2007, ranked 47th among the 50 states in job creation numbers during his tenure! You answer Lyndi the clueless! BWHAHAHAHAHHAAA

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#149129 Sep 21, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a mission, I am going to continue mentioning periodically, particularly if you or LisW get on to anyone for saying something you don't like, until you admit the error of your ways.
If you wanted to get under my skin, you did it. Letting LisW slide only to call me out on something like this is unconscionable.
Well, you're the expert on unconscionability, so I'll take your word for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 667,790
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min RiversideRedneck 92,622
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 33 min Brian_G 445,568
partnership to support the poor and marginalise... 34 min Kwaku_serious 2017 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 47 min Pegasus 286,025
Looking for a Magnussen Home Valenza Bedroom Co... 1 hr Cochransngso 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr ffj 979,419
More from around the web