Bush is a hero
uIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#148371 Sep 17, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
ESL classes await you, IDIOT!
U biggest idiot a course await you are Humanity 101 , Anti-war 101, Empathy 101, Critical reasoning skills 101.... BWHHAHAHHAHAA
You mean English Secondary lAnguage, the US is dying ...

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHHAA
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#148372 Sep 17, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I don't think these attacks would have happened had the three despots (Mubarik, Qaddafi and the one from Yemen) been in power. I don't think any policy that bush had in the area is significantly different than Obama, but the situation has changed.
It begs the question, do we support dictators out of safety for our diplomats, or do we support democracy in the hopes of a better world.
2. I think Al Qaeda is trying real hard to reassert itself. It was the big loser in the Arab Spring. Not one democracy was formed with the assistance of Al Qaeda and yet that was one of their selling points. Freedom came knocking and they were not prepared to answer and it was proven they were unneeded.
3. Presidential foreign policy does not get down to the tactical level. They are more strategic (Big Picture) in nature. Tactics are usually left to the Ambassador and there was a security risk assessment performed before 9-11. Having said that, the President called the President of Egypt for a more lingering problem. The problem in Libya was relatively short and violent.
4. I find it confusing that the POTUS that more than doubled UAV missile attacks, surged in Afghanistan, supported the Libyan revolution with military support, went into Pakistan without permission to get OBL, flew drones into Iran, and currently is conducting an anti-mine excercise off the coast of Iran would be considered a wus. When was the last time the Wusmeter was calibrated?
I'll pick umm.......... door #4.
The wuss question.

Aside from the grin he wears from ear to ear at any given moment letting us know how happy he is and how well things are going, let's do a slide show on this president.
Oh look. He's playing golf. Oh, and there he is now with the glitsy Hollywood crowd. You know.... Clooney, Sarah Jessica, Letterman, Maher, Oprah...all those guys. And over here we have Mr. President hanging with the music biggies of our day... then there's another golf course shot...MY there are so many golf course shots. This is him in Hawaii. Here's one of him sneaking a cigarette. Here we have Michelle on HER excellent vacation..... Boy, that was pricey. Remember that one? That's him playing golf again. And golly, when the bad guys killed one of his ambassadors and protests broke out all over, what did he do? Did he call the mother of all "get to the Oval office NOW" meetings in DC to his top teammates? Nope. He's too much of a force for that nonsense. He flew to Vegas to get a few more $$$$'s.
What a guy! Tough? You betcha.

Bush looked like he was wearing a double holster under his suit jacket with his elbows sticking out {or maybe he was just letting his deodorant dry I'm not sure which} and Cheney gave the impression of being the nasty grown up at the table who could EAT little countries as a snack.
But Obama ...a wuss? Nah. He's just having a good time.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#148373 Sep 17, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
This was your comment okb.
So which is it, 6-7 months to build a bomb or 9 months to be maybe 90% to building a bomb?"
Again, does 8-10 WEEKS either way make Iranian nuclear readiness more palatable for you?

"Don't worry folks. Iran will not be ready to blow whomever into Kingdom Come until next May. So those of you who thought you'd only have until March to prepare yourselves, rest assured you have a few more weeks to ready yourselves for your final send off."
That's about what I was thinking when I read Bos' comment :) "6-7 months OR 9 months?!?" It's sort of like fretting over which direction the toilet paper roll spins--is WHICH direction it's rolling really going to make any difference??

But Bos does seem to like splitting hairs. Personally, I have better things to do with my time, but maybe he doesn't.

United States

#148374 Sep 17, 2012
Truth wrote:
Record of Bush, not paying attention to warnings of 9/11 attack, unnecessary war in Iraq, never finishing Afghanistan (because he was too busy with the unnecessary war in Iraq), instead of paying for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan gives out tax cuts (at a time of war unprecedented and completely asinine), pushed deregulation and lax policing of financial markets leading to derivative disaster, pushed for home ownership for all Americans which led to many people not suitable for mortgages qualifying for them, these mortgages were then bundled and sold as high quality assets because of deregulation in the markets (see statement about derivatives above). Put justices in the Supreme Court which ruled corporations were people too and destroyed campaign finance reform. Worst president ever.
If remember correctly with over $ 270 TRILLION USD in the market, i see impending dangers if our US regulators does not attend to and too develop necessary proper governance and oversight on these matters and the necessary Risk Averse/avoidance strategies to keep from spinning into another global Financial Maelstorm/catAGION THAT WILL GREAT IMPACT ON aMERICAN AND WORLD fINANCIAL/ECONOMIC WELL BEING . If we don't keep eye out it will be worst then all combined past events.

Location hidden

#148375 Sep 17, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning okb2, actually there's a fine line between reproving someone with the Word when they truly need it, but it really has to come by the spirit through the pastor guided by scripture, when you use your person feelings you are really in danger of offending someone by your own emotions.

You see I'm sure that most of us have been hit by the Word preached and felt truly convicted in our hearts and realized what we needed to do to come up God's standand by repenting of what the Word is making us guilty of doing or not doing and thats God way of letting us know what we have to change in our lives, but there's a mock difference in feeling offended because you're being unduly ctriticized and talked about, and that is not Gods power at work, believe me I know the difference.
Blessings
Well said :)

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148376 Sep 17, 2012
I was going to post a litany of the various companies from which Bain Capital sucked the blood, picked the bones, and hawked the skin - but instead, I decided just to pose a question or two:

Since corporations are people, why not enforce the rape statutes against them, when they screw over employees -- slashing wages, appropriating pensions, leveraging 401K plans, devaluing insurance coverage, eliminating stock options, and finally euthanizing our jobs -- in service to nothing but their own profit, and without our consent? When they pollute the environment, beyond potable water or healthy air, causing outbreaks of disease in their communities?
When they kill off little 'people' with their refusal to brook any competition, undercutting every competitor by virtue of their size?

If they're 'people', why not call that 'rape''negligent homicide' and 'bullying': exactly as we do when the perpetrators are individual PEOPLE?

The same rules should apply to ALL PEOPLE - if they're people, they should be held responsible and punished, just like everybody else.

Location hidden

#148377 Sep 17, 2012
Roberta-G wrote:
<quoted text>
The other times...
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
Worthy of a repost.
Well, thank you :) And thanks also to whoever gave it a green check :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#148378 Sep 17, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I hear about this guy, the more I dislike him. His poor wife and son must have been devastated, being humiliated like that -- and FROM THE PULPIT, no less.
Several years ago, the minister at the church I now attend accepted a call to another congregation just over the border in another state. I heard that very soon after he was installed there, the church elders of that congregation sat him down and informed him sternly that he was NOT a good husband and father :s
(These church elders were clearly both very perceptive and no-nonsense-type guys!) Apparently our former minister took this to heart, because I heard around a year ago from friends who knew them well and had visited them, that things were much improved in his family: the wife was happier and the youngest child, a boy who'd had some fairly serious emotional problems, was greatly improved and doing well in school. I was truly glad to hear all that, because I'd liked them all and I still keep in touch with them via Facebook.
It's not my place to say what ought to be done with your minister, Lawest, but with all my heart I feel sorry for his wife and son. They may be putting on a brave face in public, but I'm absolutely certain they're both miserable.
And I say this with reluctance, because I don't know these people personally and it's really none of my business: the kind of misery these people are living with IS THE KIND THAT KILLS. There could very well be a suicide in that family, especially in the case of the son.
SPECIAL TO LIS: As a licensed social worker, you are infinitely more experienced in this area than I will ever be. If I'm out of line in any way here, please tell me where, because I really need to know.
Thank you for your feedback RG, I very much appreciate it, actually it was his son and daughter-in law that he was talking about, not HIS wife, they were not there in service that night to hear what he was saying about them but it wouldn't surprise me if they know about it all the same.

Many of the saints know how he is and usually don't pay him too much attention as he has used the Word in an attempt to touch on almost everyone there from time, our local deacon has vety little respect for him as a preacher and once upset the minister by casually saying 'I ain't paying that boy any attention' when he tried to preach on and criticize him on various occasions ( our deacon is in his late 80s and has been in the church for decades while our minister is in his mid 40s ) but don't worry nothing so tragic as a suicide is going to happen as God will bring some kind of closure to these situations.

Peace and Blessings my friend and thanks for your ear.(C:

United States

#148379 Sep 17, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
First, thank you for taking the time to post your sources and a quote from one of them. I'm going to add a couple more for your consideration.
1)From your source #1.
"Iran can still sell plenty of oil: Don't be fooled by the pouting, says Christopher Helman at Forbes. "Iranian oil is still getting out." Plenty of customers, even big ones like China, are happy to buy its crude, especially since it's having to sell at a discount. Iran has ways to sneak the oil out, such as trucking it over land and loading it onto tankers in foreign ports to disguise its origins. And tensions are keeping oil prices high, so even selling at a discount isn't hurting Iran's profits."
1a) Also from source #1.
"Tighter sanctions are too little, too late: Sanctions, painful or not, "no longer cut it," says Chuck Frelich at The Jerusalem Post. "Iran is just months from having sufficient fissile materials for its first bomb."
2) From your source #2. And keep in mind this one's from a NY Times editor and we know which side butters his bread.
"Economists also agree that much of the damage to the economy has been self-inflicted, saying that the Ahmadinejad government went on an import spending spree after oil revenues started hitting record levels from 2005 on."
3)From your source #3.
"As for sanctions, observers offer mixed reviews. Some, including the Obama administration, say sanctions are working. Australia announced severe new trade sanctions this week. Locally, the state legislature this week passed AB 2160, which prohibits California-based insurance companies from investing in companies that do business with Iran. Countries such as India, China and South Korea continue to import Iranian oil, though at reduced levels, which is further sapping the Iranian economy. Is this enough to tip the scales, upend Iran’s nuclear schemes and obviate the need for an Israeli strike? We do not know. Nobody knows."
So there you have it. Now, I also have sources. Plenty of them but I'm going to hold off for now. There is no reason for me to gather mine for you to read, when is's quite clear that you don't even read yours.
"
Our US seeing all these Mid East infidels because?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#148380 Sep 17, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Well said :)
(C:

Location hidden

#148381 Sep 17, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
"For the most part, Governor Romney has not outlined cuts in specific programs. But if policymakers exempted Social Security from the cuts, as Romney has suggested, and cut Medicare, Medicaid, and all other entitlement and discretionary programs by the same percentage — to meet Romney’s spending cap, defense spending target, and balanced budget requirement — then non-defense programs other than Social Security would have to be cut 29 percent in 2016 and 59 percent in 2022 (see Figure 1).
Without the balanced budget requirement, the cuts would be smaller but still massive, reaching 40 percent in 2022."

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
Sometimes you have have to listen to what he is not saying. When he says he is either keeping or increasing defence spending because your foreign policy depends on it, it probably means cuts are coming from someplace else.

Unless of course you contend that he is being less than honest on defense spending and tax cuts and balanced budgets.
Sometimes you have to learn to listen to what Obama is not saying too. The Obamacare bill is a notable example.

Location hidden

#148382 Sep 17, 2012
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Greetings, Concerning your query on the report published by a Lebanese website according to which ambassador Stevens was sodomized. That report falsely quoted our news agency and has no truth whatsover to it. AFP promptly sent a strongly worded complaint to that website and they removed the report and published a denial, saying that AFP did not report such a thing."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021342...
The second is probably a better explanation of how the story was produced, but the first is probably a more credible source.

It is not bad enough he was killed, the right has to have being raped either before or after he was killed.
Wasn't Jessica Lynch raped as well, at least until she was released and said "no."
This is revolting. The rest of this post was bad enough, Bos, but that last sentence using Jessica Lynch's name in this context is absolutely sickening. I think you owe everyone on this thread an apology, AND Ms. Lynch, even though she's never likely to read the offense or the apology.

No kidding, Bos, I really never believed you'd stoop this low. Shame on you.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#148383 Sep 17, 2012
Lyndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll pick umm.......... door #4.
The wuss question.
Aside from the grin he wears from ear to ear at any given moment letting us know how happy he is and how well things are going, let's do a slide show on this president.
Oh look. He's playing golf. Oh, and there he is now with the glitsy Hollywood crowd. You know.... Clooney, Sarah Jessica, Letterman, Maher, Oprah...all those guys. And over here we have Mr. President hanging with the music biggies of our day... then there's another golf course shot...MY there are so many golf course shots. This is him in Hawaii. Here's one of him sneaking a cigarette. Here we have Michelle on HER excellent vacation..... Boy, that was pricey. Remember that one? That's him playing golf again. And golly, when the bad guys killed one of his ambassadors and protests broke out all over, what did he do? Did he call the mother of all "get to the Oval office NOW" meetings in DC to his top teammates? Nope. He's too much of a force for that nonsense. He flew to Vegas to get a few more $$$$'s.
What a guy! Tough? You betcha.
Bush looked like he was wearing a double holster under his suit jacket with his elbows sticking out {or maybe he was just letting his deodorant dry I'm not sure which} and Cheney gave the impression of being the nasty grown up at the table who could EAT little countries as a snack.
But Obama ...a wuss? Nah. He's just having a good time.
Could you maybe mention the reasons you'd pick John Wayne for President over Gary Cooper....?

I'd have voted for Jimmy Stewart in a heartbeat.

:)

United States

#148384 Sep 17, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
I was going to post a litany of the various companies from which Bain Capital sucked the blood, picked the bones, and hawked the skin - but instead, I decided just to pose a question or two:
Since corporations are people, why not enforce the rape statutes against them, when they screw over employees -- slashing wages, appropriating pensions, leveraging 401K plans, devaluing insurance coverage, eliminating stock options, and finally euthanizing our jobs -- in service to nothing but their own profit, and without our consent? When they pollute the environment, beyond potable water or healthy air, causing outbreaks of disease in their communities?
When they kill off little 'people' with their refusal to brook any competition, undercutting every competitor by virtue of their size?
If they're 'people', why not call that 'rape''negligent homicide' and 'bullying': exactly as we do when the perpetrators are individual PEOPLE?
The same rules should apply to ALL PEOPLE - if they're people, they should be held responsible and punished, just like everybody else.
i stand for capitalism but not predatory/vulture capitalists
The worst evils are US military-industrail Complex, US oil Conglomerates, US Biochemical/industrials, Us Arms manufacturers ,...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#148385 Sep 17, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I hear about this guy, the more I dislike him. His poor wife and son must have been devastated, being humiliated like that -- and FROM THE PULPIT, no less.
Several years ago, the minister at the church I now attend accepted a call to another congregation just over the border in another state. I heard that very soon after he was installed there, the church elders of that congregation sat him down and informed him sternly that he was NOT a good husband and father :s
(These church elders were clearly both very perceptive and no-nonsense-type guys!) Apparently our former minister took this to heart, because I heard around a year ago from friends who knew them well and had visited them, that things were much improved in his family: the wife was happier and the youngest child, a boy who'd had some fairly serious emotional problems, was greatly improved and doing well in school. I was truly glad to hear all that, because I'd liked them all and I still keep in touch with them via Facebook.
It's not my place to say what ought to be done with your minister, Lawest, but with all my heart I feel sorry for his wife and son. They may be putting on a brave face in public, but I'm absolutely certain they're both miserable.
And I say this with reluctance, because I don't know these people personally and it's really none of my business: the kind of misery these people are living with IS THE KIND THAT KILLS. There could very well be a suicide in that family, especially in the case of the son.
SPECIAL TO LIS: As a licensed social worker, you are infinitely more experienced in this area than I will ever be. If I'm out of line in any way here, please tell me where, because I really need to know.
I'm not sure I'm following the whole conversation here, but when talking about suicide I guess I've come to the conclusion that noone causes it and noone can really stop it. The best thing we can do is keep reminding that person of reasons to live in spite of their sorrows. I'm thinking as a son of a preacher perhaps God is that reason. However, I have seen a cat to be cared for, someone being worried about the person, or a promise made all be good reasons to go on living.
Also they may also not be so hurt as you might think and might be thinking "there goes dad again". It is amazing the differences in what hurts people.
I'm really no expert on all people Roberta, but the ones I tried to help I made sure I got to know them really, really well.

Location hidden

#148386 Sep 17, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
All through the primaries candidates kept kicking up this 47% figure, generally to represent the deadbeats who pay no federal income tax. Never mind that the "lower-taxes" trope they've been pushing is the primary reason more people don't pay any fed income taxes. Never mind that the 47%er "tax deadbeats" includes all those in retirement, like my old man, or all those who make less than $20K, like my son in college (AND Army Reserve).
But now in the august company of his Have and Have-More friends, Romney expands the definition to just include all those who won't vote for him. So my wife and I are also among the irresponsible rabble. Funny, I've had one job or another since I was ten, which makes 43 years of steady work, and counting, but in Romney's eyes, I'm just a dot in some great unwashed mass he disdains.
Romney: "All right, there are 47 percent who are with (Obama), who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
Thanks, Mittster. Finally you showed the inner Willard! Buck up, Man! You'll only have to whisper sweet lies to us dusty ol' workin' folk another few weeks. Hopefully we'll have you headed right back out to the Yacht Club for some extended R&R toot sweet.
I don't think Romney thinks the 47% who do not pay taxes are deadbeats, he is pointing out though that the other 43% are doing a big job. But I do believe that your portrayal of any rich person is very prejudiced. They no more deserve that then anyone not paying income tax deserves to be called a deadbeat.

Location hidden

#148387 Sep 17, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, if you're going to double-down, then you'll have to explain why Bush's "weak" policies resulted in 9/11. You'll have to explain why Reagan's "weak" foreign policy resulted in the Beirut barracks bombing. Oh, you don't "have" to out loud, but if you have a measure of integrity, you'll need to reconcile them to yoirself, somehow.

Ludicrous, ain't it? There's no way those things can be laid at their doorstep, right? I agree. Crazy people do crazy sh*t for crazy reasons every day. To attempt to assign the blame for 9/11 or Beirut to the WH's "weak" foreign policy would be crassly and cravenly opportunistic, and a sign of frustrated political desperation to chop them down by any and all means.

Speculate all you will, but to the best of our knowledge these were grassroots uprisings generated by the internet, and spreading by the internet. the kind of thing that swells up in the coffee-houses and churches, wherever people gather. The President could have guaranteed nuclear annihilation to anyone that would threaten one of our own overseas, and it would have made NO more difference than the CO shooter being told that he'd be in big, big trouble if he even thought about shooting up a movie theater. Nations and generals you might intimidate, but people on the street are a whole different matter. Just ask Louis XIV or Czar Nicholas. You can whup 'em AFTER the fact, but there's nothing anyone can do to prevent a sucker punch except stay at home.

In this election year, opponents of the incumbent are so desperate and frustrated by their inability to chink away any more heavily at the President, that they debase themselves with this scurrilous accusation attempting to hang the dead Americans around the President's neck. It's expected from the O'Reilimbeckannity's, that's their job. Chris has taken to saying "It's going to get ugly" all summer. By God, his prophecy is come true. This is beyond sad.
"to the best of our knowledge these were grassroots uprisings"--NOT pre-planned? NOT coordinated well in advance of September 11, 2012? NOT just waiting for a convenient excuse to activate coordinated, planned attacks?

Hip, are you kidding?

Location hidden

#148388 Sep 17, 2012
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> (C:
That's a smiley face I've never seen. So cute!

Location hidden

#148389 Sep 17, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure I'm following the whole conversation here, but when talking about suicide I guess I've come to the conclusion that noone causes it and noone can really stop it. The best thing we can do is keep reminding that person of reasons to live in spite of their sorrows. I'm thinking as a son of a preacher perhaps God is that reason. However, I have seen a cat to be cared for, someone being worried about the person, or a promise made all be good reasons to go on living.

Also they may also not be so hurt as you might think and might be thinking "there goes dad again". It is amazing the differences in what hurts people.
I'm really no expert on all people Roberta, but the ones I tried to help I made sure I got to know them really, really well.
Thanks for the feedback, Lis. I certainly hope you're right, because my heart is really aching for these people.

Location hidden

#148390 Sep 17, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I think pulling every cent out of the middle east is the answer. We need that money and we need to be energy independent and won't get there fast on only green energy. We have to tap into our own fuels.

At this time the middle east with the exception of Israel is not our brother. They want us to stay out of their lives and I think we should. Besides it is a muslim obligation to take care of their poor. Noone can dispute that there are large sums of money in the middle east with which they should be helping their own.

I hate that women and girls are treated so badly under sharia, but we are not helping them by our money and our presence, except for short snaps of time that raise their hopes and then dash them to the ground.
VERY well said :) They want us out? We should oblige, taking our money with us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Robert F 987,354
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 min Johnny 183
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min David S Pumpkins 286,590
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 38 min dotard tracker 31,188
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 41 min Johnny 28
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 47 min Johnny 51
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,327
More from around the web