Bush is a hero

Since: Aug 12

Birmingham, AL

#142492 Aug 15, 2012
you people argue back and forth ,and dont realize that all of us have been robbed. you been robbed,
the jobs are gone,and gas is going to $10 a gallon real soon,the wealth has left america,
you have been left behind,the last plane took off
and you wer'nt on it. the walking dead,walking around like the folks were walking around in hiroshima.
i mean yes, still vote for romney in Nov.
but romney cant fix a blown engine,without replacing it

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#142493 Aug 15, 2012
BobinTX wrote:
<quoted text>
She's gone, and unlike many, I miss Shovel72 and her views... even though, many times, they weren't mine. She could be coarse and even abusive, but I liked her.
You don't seem to be much like her at all, personality or views. I don't see how anyone would consider you a "drop in" replacement, unless one is only considering gender. The first big difference... "Sister". You'd never catch Shovel using that in her name... she didn't have a lot of value for religion. Enough about her.
I'm glad to see you dropped in.
Thanks. Until very recently, I was glad to be here. Today has been very enlightening.
:)

Location hidden

#142494 Aug 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>I could be wrong and I have been out fo awhile, but it seems to me you might be being a little sensitive. People do make mistakes you know.
Apparently, disagreeing with badbob about Presidential candidates is a big one.

It seems to me his reaction was a little predatory. If I need to rent a shark cage to thwart his further attacks, as he suggested,
I don't see a lot of point in engaging him.
There are no victims - only volunteers.

May you enjoy the evening.

Location hidden

#142495 Aug 15, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairly close, but NO cigar.
Questioning and criticizing is all part of the process, isn't it?
However, unfair negative ads work in favor of the incumbent this time because 95+% of the media is in the tank for Obama.
And for you to PREDETERMINE that "Romney will fail as miserably as his predecessor" is...uh...juvenile (IMO). Folks were willing to give Obama a chance in 2008. Romney should at least be given the same opportunity.
Romney & Ryan will more clearly define themselves and their visions on how to progress, over the failed current administration. You'd think one could wait until after then to dump them into the same rubbish heap.
Other than a personal statement, a write-in will serve the same purpose as not voting at all. And the actual impact of such a statement would dictate your net gain to be better achieved by simply staying away from the polling stations.
Mr. bob, it seems to me you have 'predetermined' that Romney, regardless of his current and past behavior, will be better for the nation than Mr. Obama has been. You're welcome to your opinion, and I don't share it. I don't believe he should be 'given the opportunity' to do the same thing to America in general that he's done in the business world. I don't think he offers 'progress' to anyone but his peers in that world, and he doesn't have many of those.(I'm certainly not one.) His running mate's 'vision' of a Randian society chills me, and looking at Ryan's voting record in Congress makes his 'vision' quite clear to me already. I don't believe it bodes well for the future at all.

A vote IS a personal statement, and I will not state that I approve of Mitt Romney, or Paul Ryan, either in this forum or in the voting booth. If that makes me shark chum, in your eyes, so be it.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#142496 Aug 15, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, it WOULD help, but it'll never happen. I'm convinced Obama's reelection machine not only has his blessing, but his encouragement.
" This is, after all, politics. There's no whining in politics." Mitt Romney

Politics ain't purdy. The Democrats have yet to fully embrace the Atwater/Rove playbook, but they're learning. They're learning.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#142497 Aug 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently, disagreeing with badbob about Presidential candidates is a big one.
It seems to me his reaction was a little predatory. If I need to rent a shark cage to thwart his further attacks, as he suggested,
May you enjoy the evening.:)
That's NOT what I said. You indicated the criticism of your pet peeve was "vicious", and I merely suggested if you thought that was vicious, you may need shark mesh. It's a mesh suit worn by divers to neutralize shark bites. Many folks in here disagree with much of what I print. But as you can see, they're still here posting away.

This thread is political and emotional, not for the faint of heart.
If you make what I consider a ridiculous claim, if I don't ignore you, most likely I'll respond at least in-kind.

Conversely, you have the option to ignore me or respond.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#142498 Aug 15, 2012
<quoted text>Mr. bob, it seems to me you have 'predetermined' that Romney, regardless of his current and past behavior, will be better for the nation than Mr. Obama has been. You're welcome to your opinion, and I don't share it. I don't believe he should be 'given the opportunity' to do the same thing to America in general that he's done in the business world. I don't think he offers 'progress' to anyone but his peers in that world, and he doesn't have many of those.(I'm certainly not one.) His running mate's 'vision' of a Randian society chills me, and looking at Ryan's voting record in Congress makes his 'vision' quite clear to me already. I don't believe it bodes well for the future at all.
A vote IS a personal statement, and I will not state that I approve of Mitt Romney, or Paul Ryan, either in this forum or in the voting booth. If that makes me shark chum, in your eyes, so be it.
You posted what you referred to as a "distilled" version of my opinion, and I just tried to clarify a couple of errors you made.

Yes I believe Romney-Ryan will be hands-down much better for this country than Obama could EVER be. I've already stated why and it would be non-productive to repaint it.

So we will apparently disagree vehemently.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#142499 Aug 15, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what, Bos, you and I have been going round and round on this issue for months. I'm tired of this, so I'm going to ask you

Explain to me, please, logically and without sentiment, just how any benefits from allowing people to come here ILLEGALLY and then turning a blind eye to their presence, outweigh the negatives of same to the point where we should allow the practice to continue.
okb2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see a cost benefit analysis of the additional government required to enforce a policy of zero tolerance for illegal immigration.

The first statement I made about 4% is made with an eye on the above request for cost-benefit analysis. Think of it this way, no shop owner likes inventory loss due to theft. But no shop owner is willing to pay what it takes to prevent it.

I don't really think we are going round and round here though. Read my two statements about the different ways different types of labor should be treated while thinking I am talking about legal immigrant labor, neither of which are permanent, citizinship seeking immigrants.
Bos, you are evading the question.

To blazes with your cost analysis. You have opinions on this subject already, so you don't need a cost analysis to answer my question.

To blazes with your shop owner(s) too. My question is about pros and cons, not about what shop owners find irksome.

As for this business about "legal immigrant labor," no, you were NOT talking about legal immigrants. This is the first time you have made any distinction between legal and illegal immigrants, and that cannot be by chance because every time we've talked about this, I have carefully referred to one or the other, for instance saying that I do not and never have had a problem with the idea of a guest worker program, provided any foreign nations come here through LEGAL channels, and that I wish well to any immigrants coming here legally.

So let me ask again:

Explain to me, please, logically and without sentiment, just how any benefits from allowing people to come here ILLEGALLY and then turning a blind eye to their presence, outweigh the negatives of same to the point where we should allow the practice to continue.

Now, I can't put it any plainer than that. So if you don't answer just as plainly, I'll know it's because you haven't got an answer.

“The future begins”

every moment

#142500 Aug 15, 2012
Roberta G wrote:
So let me ask again:

Now, I can't put it any plainer than that. So if you don't answer just as plainly, I'll know it's because you haven't got an answer.
I dunno, I thought I saw a plain answer - the cost of interdiction far outweighs the benefits of same, especially (I would add) when the focus is on the worker bee and not the employer. It's like spending a trillion to lock up dopers and ignoring the dealers. The little guy always gets the shaft and the fatcat always gets special "dispensation". It makes no sense economically, socially, or ethically. It ONLY makes sense politically, in both cases. Until we see a significant focus on employers getting a sound spanking, it's just as much bs 10pm News folderol as the utterly facetious "War On Drugs".

Methinks, anyhoo....
YellowStar

Minneapolis, MN

#142501 Aug 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>" This is, after all, politics. There's no whining in politics." Mitt Romney
Politics ain't purdy. The Democrats have yet to fully embrace the Atwater/Rove playbook, but they're learning. They're learning.
Exactly.

How ya gonna be president and deal with your enemies if ya got a thin skin?
Not very Presidential.
uTioletRaceMakeW orldPeace

United States

#142503 Aug 15, 2012
sam the painter wrote:
you people argue back and forth ,and dont realize that all of us have been robbed. you been robbed,
the jobs are gone,and gas is going to $10 a gallon real soon,the wealth has left america,
you have been left behind,the last plane took off
and you wer'nt on it. the walking dead,walking around like the folks were walking around in hiroshima.
i mean yes, still vote for romney in Nov.
but romney cant fix a blown engine,without replacing it
I been telling them for over year plus now but thet still in zombie-like mode. Good luck trying to wake the Stupify Masses of Apathetic sleeping dead... BWHHAHAHHAHAa

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#142504 Aug 15, 2012
<quoted text>Apparently, disagreeing with badbob about Presidential candidates is a big one.
I don't think it was the political disagreement, it was getting smacked for spelling your name wrong, which is a fairly human mistake, and no way of knowing it would be a big deal. If you couldn't disagree about politics what would be the point of even coming on here? I dislike when people decide right away who the "good" guys and "bad" guys are. It just takes away from the plot.

Location hidden

#142505 Aug 15, 2012
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted what you referred to as a "distilled" version of my opinion, and I just tried to clarify a couple of errors you made.
Yes I believe Romney-Ryan will be hands-down much better for this country than Obama could EVER be. I've already stated why and it would be non-productive to repaint it.
So we will apparently disagree vehemently.
Apparently so. You must be one of those 'peers in the business world' I mentioned. Congratulations on your unlimited disposable income, your ruthless disdain for 'those people', and your overseas tax havens...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#142506 Aug 15, 2012
<quoted text>Apparently so. You must be one of those 'peers in the business world' I mentioned. Congratulations on your unlimited disposable income, your ruthless disdain for 'those people', and your overseas tax havens...
And you must be one of those that think anyone who has money is a bad person and the gains were ill-gotten. If I worked as hard as Romney and had the money he had I would work to protect it as long as it was withinthe limits of the law. I suppose he could have paid more taxes than he owed and made bad investments so that he didn't have more than anyone else but that would make him a dope. Working within the guidelines as far as I know is not a crime and would not in any way preclude him from changing those guidelines. You can hate him if you like, but the biggest interest Romney has is to put people back to work the way he knows how to. It might mean that some other people get rich but I always thought it was a bad idea to cut off your nose to spite your face.

United States

#142507 Aug 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>And you must be one of those that think anyone who has money is a bad person and the gains were ill-gotten. If I worked as hard as Romney and had the money he had I would work to protect it as long as it was withinthe limits of the law. I suppose he could have paid more taxes than he owed and made bad investments so that he didn't have more than anyone else but that would make him a dope. Working within the guidelines as far as I know is not a crime and would not in any way preclude him from changing those guidelines. You can hate him if you like, but the biggest interest Romney has is to put people back to work the way he knows how to. It might mean that some other people get rich but I always thought it was a bad idea to cut off your nose to spite your face.
I let Sister Kat have it out with you and if she can't drag you away , i will come give you big hug!
<%)........Slurp!

United States

#142508 Aug 15, 2012
I see Yellow is calling me,i be over!:)

“The future begins”

every moment

#142509 Aug 15, 2012
lisw wrote:
<quoted text>And you must be one of those that think anyone who has money is a bad person and the gains were ill-gotten. If I worked as hard as Romney and had the money he had I would work to protect it as long as it was withinthe limits of the law. I suppose he could have paid more taxes than he owed and made bad investments so that he didn't have more than anyone else but that would make him a dope. Working within the guidelines as far as I know is not a crime and would not in any way preclude him from changing those guidelines. You can hate him if you like, but the biggest interest Romney has is to put people back to work the way he knows how to. It might mean that some other people get rich but I always thought it was a bad idea to cut off your nose to spite your face.
Yes, he got it, and kept it, all "legal". I think the point is that he stands for a furtherance and perpetuation of those skewed "legal" ways to keep from supporting the country that nurtured one's fortune, and lay it off on the middle class, which at the same time, continues shrinking, due to the "legal" disenfranchisement and dis-empowerment of that middle class. There's a reason we can't afford anything anymore but cheap China knock-offs at Wal-Mart, and it ain't just 'cos we all like a deal.

United States

#142510 Aug 15, 2012
Kings_ Court wrote:
<quoted text>Still, Obama holds the crown as the worse Prez in our hissytory.
Dude! U not even close, try worst of worst is EVIL war criminal -minded Bush & his family; do you know their criminal backgrounds?

“Unemployed Bush 5.3 obama 8.7”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#142511 Aug 15, 2012

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#142512 Aug 15, 2012
<quoted text>Apparently so. You must be one of those 'peers in the business world' I mentioned. Congratulations on your unlimited disposable income, your ruthless disdain for 'those people', and your overseas tax havens...
Nope, just a harmless grumpy old man, KAT. Logical, anal, Virgo.

Obama's done (IMO). That only leaves Romney. No write-in, no wish upon a star, no genie in a bottle will alter that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Mogadore 994,100
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 60,332
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min PadMark 695,740
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 16 min Paul really ist tot 16
Prove there is No God 1 hr Andre_Ron 1
Never thought I'd see the day...when............. 6 hr Doctor REALITY 6
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 12 hr Doctor REALITY 2
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web